Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Best of luck to you.......

Lustrum wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm due to depart Dublin tomorrow about 11 am for a base check in a cityjet avro, if anyone happens to be at the airport taking some photos I'd really appreciate if you manage to get one of us. As you can imagine, it's a big day so would love to get a memory of it.

Cheers

What time you back at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Lustrum

If all goes to plan, we're due back at 10 to 2, EI-RJY is the tail number, scheduled to depart at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

If all goes to plan, we're due back at 10 to 2, EI-RJY is the tail number, scheduled to depart at 10.30

Best of luck, hope you have a great time tomorrow and career

Landing ok ? better time for me.

• Advertisement

Landing ok ? better time for me.

I don't want you to be going out especially! It was just if anyone with a half decent camera was around. But if you do get the landing, yes, that would be great, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Nice landing (in Swords:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anyone know who owns this ? - fairly big aircraft parked out by the Aer Lingus hangar

image.jpg1_zpskloqv4p3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Andip wrote: »
    Anyone know who owns this ? - fairly big aircraft parked out by the Aer Lingus hangar

image.jpg1_zpskloqv4p3.jpg

Orbest afaik. She was due an engine run this morning I believe.

I noticed the Orbest 330 yesterday. I wonder who's idea it was to have an aircraft with a giant exclamation mark on the tail!!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Those are some outstanding photographs Westdub. Was it an open day or are you AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

donvito99 wrote: »
    Those are some outstanding photographs Westdub. Was it an open day or are you AC?

Thanks donvito, I'm not in the air corps just lucky to be invited to take some shots along with about 40 other photographers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Are the Garda choppers ever operating at the same time or is it a revolving thing were one is in for maintance and the other is on duty? Or in other words do they ever have 2 crew working at the same time?

And again great pics west dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

billie1b!
    There was me thinking it was called Aer Lingus. So it realy is Hare Lingus. Ok! I get my coat.

But seriously, one evening I was on a remote stand close to runway 27R at LHR and there was a fox and two rabbits just sitting there on the grass watching the aircraft taxi by and line up for take off. They didn't appear to have scanners or cameras.

Foggy43 wrote: »
    billie1b!
    There was me thinking it was called Aer Lingus. So it realy is Hare Lingus. Ok! I get my coat.

But seriously, one evening I was on a remote stand close to runway 27R at LHR and there was a fox and two rabbits just sitting there on the grass watching the aircraft taxi by and line up for take off. They didn't appear to have scanners or cameras.

Same this evening, there was 4 at one stage just sitting on the taxiway watching the aircraft taxi by, not a move out of them.

billie1b wrote: »
    Same this evening, there was 4 at one stage just sitting on the taxiway watching the aircraft taxi by, not a move out of them.

I was wondering what you were doing, I thought you were taking pictures of the fence as I passed by.

I was wondering what you were doing, I thought you were taking pictures of the fence as I passed by.

Ha ha, when did you pass by?

Ha ha, when did you pass by?

About 5 mins after the Icelandair landed

About 5 mins after the Icelandair landed

Next time beep and wave :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

......I thought you were taking pictures of the fence as I passed by.
    Some people just let down the aviation hobby!!

• Advertisement

This is kinda strange, someone wrote to me about one of my Flickr photos that i had taken a few years ago. Turns out that he saw the photo in a United Nations Security Council report!

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/%7B65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9%7D/s_2013_440.pdf Page 69.....

Am I allowed to send them a bill ?

The funny thing about this aircraft is that its the Presidential aircraft of Eritrea, the pilots stole it and flew to Saudi Arabia to claim asylum !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

At least they could have endorsed it with 'photographer unknown'

gulf.jpg

Saudi 747

DSC_0037_zpsz7k1dgpq.jpg

If looks more like Singapore Airlines rather than Saudia

smurfjed wrote: »
    If looks more like Singapore Airlines rather than Saudia

You are absolutely correct, I have no idea why I wrote Saudi, I even have a screen grab of it on my phone with its details

Absolutely love this picture, this is one of my favourite liveries

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

the_monkey wrote: »
    that DUB?

Yes.

In for painting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yes last Friday I think

So where are Norwegian air flying long haul from Dub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The A330 from August is a 757.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

donvito99 wrote: »
    The A330 from August is a 757.

Just sayin'.

Morto! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

smurfjed wrote: »
    This is kinda strange, someone wrote to me about one of my Flickr photos that i had taken a few years ago. Turns out that he saw the photo in a United Nations Security Council report!

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/%7B65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9%7D/s_2013_440.pdf Page 69.....

Am I allowed to send them a bill ?

The funny thing about this aircraft is that its the Presidential aircraft of Eritrea, the pilots stole it and flew to Saudi Arabia to claim asylum !

I've a similar predicament ...16 of my copyrighted images (as in every photo on their site!) are on a commercial Irish Flying Club website. I am not credited anywhere. Requests to remove the images were ignored until I got their website hosting company involved. They promised me that they'll remove the images by Monday....and have now barred me from Photographing/visiting their field!

Advertisement