Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

New easyjet livery, not liking it at all.

GEZDE.jpg

They chose it from the 2 options shown here. Both bad but option 2 was the better choice imo.

http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/480150-new-easyjet-livery-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I prefer the second one although I do like the special ones they have for UNICEF & Shakespere (I took the one below at Gatwick last year)

Easyjet_A319_G_EZBI_28_March_2014_at_Gatwick_Air.jpg

Easyjet_A319_G_EZBI_28_March_2014_at_Gatwick_Air.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

sully2010 wrote: »
    New easyjet livery, not liking it at all.

GEZDE.jpg

They chose it from the 2 options shown here. Both bad but option 2 was the better choice imo.

http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/480150-new-easyjet-livery-2.html

Don't like it at all either. They should have changed the font on the logo too, that screams 90's.

Probably not to eveyones tastes but I would have prefered something closer to this:
    5799433356_61aaa6facd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Don't like it at all either. They should have changed the font on the logo too, that screams 90's.

Probably not to eveyones tastes but I would have prefered something closer to this:

I'd take the full orange livery myself.

I suppose there's not a whole lot you can really do with an orange livery that will make it look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is it just me or does the new livery make it look slightly more like a Boeing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

fr336 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the new livery make it look slightly more like a Boeing :D

Sure thats what the aim for, they know that boeing is best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

sully2010 wrote: »
    I'd take the full orange livery myself.

I suppose there's not a whole lot you can really do with an orange livery that will make it look good.
    Nice, all it needs is a white tail fin and it's Braniff reborn.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Definately option number 2 looks better. I also agree with the poster above who suggested they should have updated and changed the font. Looks so dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Zonda999 wrote: »

Can you imagine this livery if there was ever a crash, you'd never find the black boxes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

billie1b wrote: »
    Can you imagine this livery if there was ever a crash, you'd never find the black boxes :D

Might be easier to find the plane though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Did anyone get any pics of the volotea 717 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭stopthepanic

Largest aircraft to wear a retro scheme.

I like it!!!

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/3/8/6/2592683.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Largest aircraft to wear a retro scheme.

I like it!!!

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/3/8/6/2592683.jpg

Was delighted to see that. Made the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Brians Collection

Razor44 wrote: »
    Did anyone get any pics of the volotea 717 today?

I did it's on my flikr account, sorry I cant post it due to the changes, if you look back at my previous posts you will find a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭cjk photos

16575944526_60305b30ab.jpgA6-EGP by CJK PHOTOS, on Flickr

Would I be mad saying Im getting bored with the site of B777 in Dublin ask me a couple of years back and I would have taken the hand off you.

How we get used to things mad or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

cjk photos wrote: »
    16575944526_60305b30ab.jpgA6-EGP by CJK PHOTOS, on Flickr

Would I be mad saying Im getting bored with the site of B777 in Dublin ask me a couple of years back and I would have taken the hand off you.

How we get used to things mad or what.
    I tend to agree with you on that one, unfortunately the predictability of the variety of aircraft into DUB makes it a bit hum drum. But I am looking forward with great interest to the arrival of the Ethiopian Dreamliner in March. I don't know what we would do if we didn't have the odd bit of exotica coming in for maintanence or painting. However they tend to be difficult to organise a shot around as they are less frequent and information on their arrival or departures is not widely know. But hey such is life :cool:

Excellent photos, the 60D and 70/200 f4 is a great combination. Perhaps I could offer a constructive observation. I see that you use a border on all your photos, on the smaller sizes the border tends to dominate the actual subject material and take away from the good composition you put into your shots.

Continue the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I was on the EK161 in the background, the Mrs loved the colours on the new American. We were able to see it as it passed in front of the 777 on the forward looking camera.

As a side note herself knew the Captain on the flight, he was a Dub who worked with her in Ryanair. Nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Nothing better to do on a 10 hour layover:D

500ft AGL along the coast then up to 1500ft over the city into quite busy airspace, veiws were spectacular.

2DA59615D5A3435A92B4C8AE4690DDEB-0000371550-0003735298-00800L-5C833FDC11DB4D74B696E0D455F0E764.jpg

Good stuff - I did one of those flights about 12 years ago, well worth it! They even let me sit in the right hand seat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Hey guy's quick question, If a pilot is rated on the Q400 is he eligible to fly a Q300?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

*Kol* wrote: »
    image_zps0vbxhahc.jpg

Oooh where'd you catch that? Pretty rare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I took it in Bangor Maine the other day. De Havilland Caribou (I had to google it!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Sometime you see screenshots form flightsim that for a second or two look real.... I had to look twice at that before I realised it was real! ;)

Treadhead wrote: »
    Sometime you see screenshots form flightsim that for a second or two look real.... I had to look twice at that before I realised it was real! ;)

I don't know anything about flightsim? What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I didn't phrase that particularly well I think! ;)

It's some quirk of the lighting and colours, but at first glance that looks like a screenshot from flightsim rather than a real photo.

I've often seen screeshots, that look real for a second or two at first glance, but it's the first time I've seen a real photo go the other way...

Treadhead wrote: »
    I didn't phrase that particularly well I think! ;)

It's some quirk of the lighting and colours, but at first glance that looks like a screenshot from flightsim rather than a real photo.

I've often seen screeshots, that look real for a second or two at first glance, but it's the first time I've seen a real photo go the other way...

No problem. It's real for sure, and really cold (-20 C) that day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I wonder is that Is that Martinair?
    16879320541_418d51eb18_o.jpg

roundymac wrote: »
    I wonder is that Is that Martinair?
    16879320541_418d51eb18_o.jpg

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Hi all,

I'm due to depart Dublin tomorrow about 11 am for a base check in a cityjet avro, if anyone happens to be at the airport taking some photos I'd really appreciate if you manage to get one of us. As you can imagine, it's a big day so would love to get a memory of it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

Lustrum wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm due to depart Dublin tomorrow about 11 am for a base check in a cityjet avro, if anyone happens to be at the airport taking some photos I'd really appreciate if you manage to get one of us. As you can imagine, it's a big day so would love to get a memory of it.

Cheers

Best of luck to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Xpro wrote: »
    Best of luck to you!

Thanks! It's been 15 years in the making so looking forward to it

Advertisement