Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Damn you billie I had the same idea but gave up too easily. I love the huge chocolate cake A Dub in Glasgow was giving away, too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and another. Hard to imagine that these were taken from the ground !

They are taken with a powerful telescope

They are taken with a powerful telescope

Yeah I know, I wouldn't fancy carting it in and out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I was thinking about getting one to try it out

I was thinking about getting one to try it out

Not that expensive it turns out, I wouldn't have the space for storage yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

That Eastern livery is un-flipping-believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

donvito99 wrote: »
    That Eastern livery is un-flipping-believable.
    It really is an amazing looking livery

The Americans had some fantastic livery's historically. I think there are some similarities between the Eastern livery and this great Delta Livery (Also on a 737)
    boeing_737.jpg?sfvrsn=2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

ta0cb2fa.jpg?updated=281120141443

Probably the worst place in the world to damage an aircraft, Brazilian C130 apparently had a landing-gear failure while landing at Chile's Presidente Eduardo Frei Montalva base in Antarctica.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Great to see the Delta 767-400ER in Dublin, hadn't realised until now the JFK route had been up-gauged to that, a pleasant surprise I'm sure for anyone turning up at the airport expecting a 757!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Growler!!! wrote: »
    1C13CB0CE7404BE9900C2D3B83D80547-0000371550-0003706155-00800L-5EAD04F567D44AE095B077284C1D7D9C.jpg

Contrail from a Stobart Air ATR 72-600 4,000 feet above us.

above you????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I'm assuming they were below the Stobart.......

I didn't think that ANY aircraft flew lower than an ATR....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

smurfjed wrote: »
    I didn't think that ANY aircraft flew lower than an ATR....

Only another ATR:P

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

@xpro i think i saw ur aircraft this morning bout half 12 ish making a left turn over baldoyle/sutton for the approach to RWY28

Also saw it, you were so lucky with the weather :):) Thanks for sharing the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

Razor44 wrote: »
    @xpro i think i saw ur aircraft this morning bout half 12 ish making a left turn over baldoyle/sutton for the approach to RWY28

Hi,

Yes that was us, we did an approach to RW28 and then flew the right circuit as there was some other traffic coming in from Liffey direction via Pigeon house and due to not having anyone on the frequency it was safer to stay away.

It was really a great day for flying, vis was excellent considering the weather we had for the last few days.

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Xpro wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes that was us, we did an approach to RW28 and then flew the right circuit as there was some other traffic coming in from Liffey direction via Pigeon house and due to not having anyone on the frequency it was safer to stay away.

It was really a great day for flying, vis was excellent considering the weather we had for the last few days.

Regards,

When you said there was no one on frequency were you under ATC control?

kub wrote: »
    When you said there was no one on frequency were you under ATC control?

There was nobody on Dub frequency. We were operating under Shannon 127.500 as per notams, but obviously due to low level and line of sight, we lost Shannon, so were just transmitting blind for traffic in the vicinity.

I think later on in the evening they changed to 118.600 just for the local traffic but no atc was there.
    Quiet a few GA aircraft got wind of it and wanted to do the same.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Hi,

Regards,

Fair play,i looked up with envey :)

Thanks for the pics

I'm due on that flight on the 1st, but from reading terrible reports about the interior selected by BA, I'm not sure if I'm so enthusiastic about it anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

I'm due on that flight on the 1st, but from reading terrible reports about the interior selected by BA, I'm not sure if I'm so enthusiastic about it anymore :(

Its a pity they couldn't keep the config/colour scheme from the 003 that was in DUB, it was lovely

What part of the interior do they complain about ? http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Airways/Boeing-787-8-Dreamliner/2315559/L/&sid=384c0c7a449a00d61a2ca7806b6de98f

Looks ok to me

Hi,

Regards,

Is that the Grob?

billie1b wrote: »
    Is that the Grob?

No. Slingsby T67 FireFly Aerobatic

Cheers

No. Slingsby T67 FireFly Aerobatic

Cheers

Cool, great pictures, lucky duck! The yellow colour had me thinking it was the Grob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I was at Glasgow Airport late afternoon, it was freezing

British Airways from Heathrow
    118a_zpsb5f215da.jpg

Big loads out of London after Crimbo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

islanderre wrote: »
    Evening All,

These two photos are the display of the models I finally organized during the week.

Nice display,where did you get the display unit ? Im after something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Stealthirl wrote: »

IKEA would be best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Stealthirl wrote: »

Cheers Stealthirl,

The display is between walls @ the top of the stairs..... side frame is discarded skirting board and then I got the glass shelves made up......

The lights were added easy too by the electrician when the house was been built.

Glad you like; nice to get the models out of their boxes...... some I've had over 20 years!!!!!

Islanderre

Advertisement