Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

image_gallery?uuid=6e3fe898-22d2-411b-bb21-5eaef5761077&groupId=100446&t=1337945797587

I believe that it looked like this when it passed through Shannon.

Its an interesting project, http://www.lufthansa-technik.com/super-star-competence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I would have been in quicker, but was fascinated by the radial engines!

Interesting that the C130 suite fits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The word is that, whenever the Lufthansa Starliner project is finished, the aircraft will be operated only in the USA. If true, that would be a real pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

cLH8ohAHVkx8b0_TPDp2MYYDQmgLEjIysDOyEA8pXfI=w1592-h955-no Originally posted in the photo thread....

Is that EI-BCK?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi Folks,
    Was looking over at the Photo Forum and see that they run a Photo of the Week competition over there and it got me thinking, what about a Photo of the Month contest here?

Simple way of judging, would be whichever photo that receives the most "Thanks" would be declared the winner. The photo would have to be your own work and taken within a specified time period for that competition.

No prizes, except the honour and the glory that this venerable forum can bestow upon the Victor :)

What do you think?

• Advertisement

Cheers Folks,
    Sure why don't we get started for this month.

If everyone is OK I'll establish a few guidelines.
    1. Photos must be Aircraft & Aviation related.
    2. Your entry must be photographed by yourself during the current month of the competition.
    3. The competition will close on the last day of each current month.
    4. The winner will the largest number of Thanks/Votes each photo receives by the closing date.
    5. The longest side of your photo must not exceed 800 pixels.
    6. There are no prizes, its just a bit of fun. :)

To kick off can you PM me with the link to your post when you enter a photo on this thread. So I can keep an eye on it to calculate the number of Thanks/Votes.

If we can achieve a good volume of entries I will chat with the Mods to see about the possibility of it been stickied.

Best of luck and happy snappng.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Cheers Folks,
    Sure why don't we get started for this month.

If everyone is OK I'll establish a few guidelines.
    1. Photos must be Aircraft & Aviation related.
    2. Your entry must be photographed by yourself during the current month of the competition.
    3. The competition will close on the last day of each current month.
    4. The winner will the largest number of Thanks/Votes each photo receives by the closing date.
    5. The longest side of your photo must not exceed 800 pixels.
    6. There are no prizes, its just a bit of fun. :)

To kick off can you PM me with the link to your post when you enter a photo on this thread. So I can keep an eye on it to calculate the number of Thanks/Votes.

If we can achieve a good volume of entries I will chat with the Mods to see about the possibility of it been stickied.

Best of luck and happy snappng.

My money is on a Dub in Glasgow to win this month for his KLM shot! 5 star photo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Mine is invalid as it contravenes point 5 unless this version counts

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

4. The winner will the largest number of Thanks/Votes each photo receives by the closing date....

Surely that means that if somebody posts a super-awesome photo late on in the month, it won't get enough coverage in time to gain the likes/thanks it deserves?

Prepare your photos for the 1st of every month then ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Brians Collection

Mods feel free to move if this in the wrong section. How is HDR photography done with moving aircraft or are all the changes made with computer software? Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

HDR photography is usually created by software programs, though some camera models can do the processing as an effect in camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Brians Collection

Nforce wrote: »
    HDR photography is usually created by software programs, though some camera models can do the processing as an effect in camera.

Would a Nikon 3200 D have the settings built in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Would a Nikon 3200 D have the settings built in ?

No. I have it in my Nikon D750 and D7100, but have never used it as I'm not a fan of HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Reading a story about Ryanair on the RTE website, the image used was the one below. When I looked at image I noticed the engine cowling.

Have these aircraft even left the Boeing factory yet, if so, have Ryanair received any?

00097646-642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Have these aircraft even left the Boeing factory yet, if so, have Ryanair received any?

00097646-642.jpg

No and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

Reading a story about Ryanair on the RTE website, the image used was the one below. When I looked at image I noticed the engine cowling.

00097646-642.jpg

The aircraft hasn't even rolled out yet but is scheduled to fly by the end of the year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

westdub wrote: »
    Stopped off in Frankfurt for a few hours on the way to Warsaw, Not a bad little airport... :)
    Quiet spot?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Have these aircraft even left the Boeing factory yet, if so, have Ryanair received any?......]
    I'm going to assume that FR provided the image of their future B737MAX-200 to media outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

If any of you plane enthusiasts ever find yourself in West Africa or Accra to be more exact La Tante restaurant is definitely worth a visit.
    Its a retired Ghana Airways DC-10 that has been converted into a Bar/Restaurant with a lot of the original fixtures still intact. Decent beer and food not bad, Good way to kill some time in Ghana :)

This is the aircraft:
    https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/McDonnell-Douglas/DC-10/46959/9G-ANB-Ghana-Airways

5mmtfo.jpg

16hlois.jpg

4i108n.jpg

332nd4y.jpg

afborr.jpg

a9n1fp.jpg

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I don't care what this is being used for but it's awesome. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some f*cktard says its Ryanair's new crew transport to get some likes/thanks and increase their popularity amongst their even more f*cktarded friends.... You've been warned, I'll be watching out for you on social media :-)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97331968&postcount=4133

Comes across as a "really pleasant kind of chap", does "our" sparrowcar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

billie1b wrote: »
    Was flying around the ramp the last couple of days in it, its on trial to replace the white crew vans.

I hope they enclose the cab. The girls won't want their hair getting ruined on the way out to the aircraft:D

I'm sure the John Deere Gator is on trial for use by engineering or the transport of consumables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Growler!!! wrote: »
    I hope they enclose the cab. The girls won't want their hair getting ruined on the way out to the aircraft:D

I'm sure the John Deere Gator is on trial for use by engineering or the transport of consumables.

On trial for the ramp staff, will be used to transport ground handling staff, chocs, cones, pigs etc etc.

Saying that, i'm sure if engineering or stores need it it will be provided to them

billie1b wrote: »
    On trial for the ramp staff, will be used to transport ground handling staff, chocs, cones, pigs etc etc.

Saying that, i'm sure if engineering or stores need it it will be provided to them

Have driven several of these over the years, in theory they are a great idea. But with an open cab like that, there is nothing more miserable to drive on a cold, wet, windy, Irish day, or night for that matter. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A few shots I took at Washington National today. Phone camera pics so sorry about the quality. Post 9/11 they can no longer line up a good distance out as they passed too close to the White House (so I'm told) so what they end up doing is following the Potomac River until about a mile before the runway and then bank to line up. They're still adjusting to get lined up while they're virtually over your head. Great to watch.

That's the River Visual Approach and is for noise and security. Otherwise the main approach would go pretty much over the Whitehouse and some of the more gentrified areas of DC. It's nothing to do with 9/11 explicitly as it was in place long before then. I did it myself a few months before 9/11 and it's pretty cool with you watching the runway out the right window (and other sights like CIA Langley, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon...) and straighten up with not a lot left to go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/namcys11/22425099421/
    ET-AOQ arrives to rescue stranded passengers of ET500 which returned to Dublin this morning with an engine shutdown.
    Ethiopian Airlines
    Dublin 23/10/2015

Ahh.......Kenny, you not going all "Daily Mail" on us :D

Nice shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

tippman1 wrote: »
    Someone shared this photo with me on social media. A TU-195? (Bear)

12039771_10206781041397434_2537961828164893937_n.jpg?oh=81a19f4c1b0cfdcf34174752008bdfe9&oe=56B50697

TU-95.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98615953&postcount=4210

Now thats what I call a delivery. Wonder would the Air Corps do the same for first EI A350 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Now thats what I call delivery. Wonder would the Air Corps do the same for first EI A350 :)

Glad to know there was an Irish spotter live tweeting on board one of Saudia 787 delivery flights!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98801571&postcount=4222

Some really nice photos there westdub, look like a brilliant place to visit.

Had a look at their website and I have to put that on my list of places to visit this year.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Now thats what I call a delivery. Wonder would the Air Corps do the same for first EI A350 :)
    Would have nothing to keep up with it.:D

Advertisement