Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Cool, hadn't seen it before... I like! Updated my sig to show off my mediocrity as a cyclist :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Me too :o:cool::confused:
    /could be gone by tomorrow tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah....I'm not displaying that info in public.

It only reminds me how much more I need to get out on the bike.

Though in my defence, I don't record my commutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I win at mediocrity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

In fairness, it's a good website. There's alot of info there, the first three tabs provide alot of useful feedback.
    /or maybe I'm just like a baby with a new toy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah....I'm not displaying that info in public.

It only reminds me how much more I need to get out on the bike.

Though in my defence, I don't record my commutes.

I shouldn't but...

SigImage.php?a=2a600&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.gif

...that info is already public :pac: Get out on yer bike!

At least its better than mine... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Me too!!!! :) interesting site actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

Sweet!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Could do with having a filter, maybe even a trophy, for best of week/month/year.

Would help motivate those of us who haven't a hope of taking overall KOMs on some segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Sometimes I hate my Andriod GPS thingy in the phone. Didn't match a segment this morning where I would have gotten a PR (1:39 down to 1:33 +/-1sec). When looking at the recorded data points it looks like I would have been hopping over 1.5m fences and bombed down farm fields at 50km/h (on a road bike). I know my cornering could be better but it's not that bad.

/rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

I like the word cloud!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Sometimes I hate my Andriod GPS thingy in the phone. Didn't match a segment this morning where I would have gotten a PR (1:39 down to 1:33 +/-1sec). When looking at the recorded data points it looks like I would have been hopping over 1.5m fences and bombed down farm fields at 50km/h (on a road bike). I know my cornering could be better but it's not that bad.

/rant over

Try using 'Strava Needs A Polish' to nudge your ride back on to the road and give you a usable tcx file that you can upload to Strava.

http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

I know this has been posted before, but here it is again for anyone who missed it.
    http://veloviewer.com
    http://veloviewer.com/blog/about/

Statistic heaven!

This was also posted before, but here we go again.

http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/map.php

Super tool to view all your Strava rides on a single map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭nilhg

I know this has been posted before, but here it is again for anyone who missed it.
    http://veloviewer.com
    http://veloviewer.com/blog/about/

Statistic heaven!

The veloflow feature is really cool, with racing/sportive season just on us and strava really seeming to take off it's going to be interesting to see some of the events.

Good example here,

For best viewing pick 720HD quality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

okay, I think I have a problem. On the way home from a short spin today, I'm coming down a road near my place. I know there's a segment here, I don't have the KOM, go go go! Get stuck behind a slow-moving car, blast.

Then... here's where it gets bad. I roll past my house, and go back for another try. Much better this time, clear run at it, sweet!

Get back to the house, upload. GPS didn't pick me up at the very end of the segment, it's not counted. Dammit!

Then, it gets worse. The horrifying realisation that I want this, I need this, it's on my home turf, I can't let someone else sit on the KOM... I get back on the bike, and roll around for another try. Storm it. Come home, bloody GPS doesn't match to the segment.

...I'm now debating whether to go out for a third time lucky approach. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

buffalo wrote: »
    okay, I think I have a problem. On the way home from a short spin today, I'm coming down a road near my place. I know there's a segment here, I don't have the KOM, go go go! Get stuck behind a slow-moving car, blast.

Then... here's where it gets bad. I roll past my house, and go back for another try. Much better this time, clear run at it, sweet!

Get back to the house, upload. GPS didn't pick me up at the very end of the segment, it's not counted. Dammit!

Then, it gets worse. The horrifying realisation that I want this, I need this, it's on my home turf, I can't let someone else sit on the KOM... I get back on the bike, and roll around for another try. Storm it. Come home, bloody GPS doesn't match to the segment.

...I'm now debating whether to go out for a third time lucky approach. :eek:

Is the segment within your privacy zone?

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Is the segment within your privacy zone?

Partially, but sometimes... oh, maybe it's just when I'm finishing the ride. That makes sense. Now, to make my house public, and take the glory!! Thanks LD!

Partially, but sometimes... oh, maybe it's just when I'm finishing the ride. That makes sense. Now, to make my house public, and take the glory!! Thanks LD!

POW! Moved my privacy zone to still include my house, but exclude the segment. :cool:

I definitely have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

POW! Moved my privacy zone to still include my house, but exclude the segment. :cool:

I definitely have a problem.

i thought the segment still stayed hidden and will only update the next time you are out?

I had similar problems

godtabh wrote: »
    i thought the segment still stayed hidden and will only update the next time you are out?

I had similar problems

I didn't re-upload the ride, nope, not me...

Okay, maybe I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

nilhg wrote: »
    The veloflow feature is really cool, with racing/sportive season just on us and strava really seeming to take off it's going to be interesting to see some of the events.

Good example here,

For best viewing pick 720HD quality

I just saw this yesterday too. Tried it on some of the segments I cycled during club spins or sportives. Works very well for the Wicklow 200 etc. Quite interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

Last day of January and 500+ riders have piled into Strava challenge overnight, a few of them from Ireland. Bit childish really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭C3PO

GreyEagle wrote: »
    Last day of January and 500+ riders have piled into Strava challenge overnight, a few of them from Ireland. Bit childish really.

What would be the benefit of joining the Challange on the last day? Don't really get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

C3PO wrote: »
    What would be the benefit of joining the Challange on the last day? Don't really get it?
    Me too, but some people may have the mileage accumulated without joining the Challenge, so they just want to see how they compare maybe.

Does your Base mile distance total at the end of every day? As my total this month is over 200, but its still saying 190miles in the Base mile section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Does your Base mile distance total at the end of every day? As my total this month is over 200, but its still saying 190miles in the Base mile section.

Are your personal totals set to KMs or Ms?

colm_gti wrote: »
    Are your personal totals set to KMs or Ms?

Its km's but its still above 200miles when converted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Its km's but its still above 200miles when converted.

A few people had this person. Someone recomended rejoining the challenge again which worked for some but for one person it made it worse. Bit of a gamble really :P

Advertisement