Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would suggest you resize the partition to less than the recommended max (say 700GBs) and see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

This list was fantastic, I was just wondering if anyone has an updated version of it as some of the channels are no longer working with extra hd ones etc?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Tony wrote: »
    Especially for you :)

Firmware and channel list http://www.mediafire.com/?32lec9qk2qg7nk6

How to guide http://www.mediafire.com/view/?shdqzt64399eaxw

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not able to pick up any of the Freeview channels such as Dave etc

Any tips? My next door neighbor is able to so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've a new aerial and the whole lot.. only installed a few months ago when I had the dish and box set up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

If you have a dish, the aerial would most likely have been installed with only the Saorview channels in mind. What part of the country are you in & which UHF channel does Saorview appear on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    If you have a dish, the aerial would most likely have been installed with only the Saorview channels in mind. What part of the country are you in & which UHF channel does Saorview appear on?

I'm in mid-Louth. Saorview is coming through on CH 52

I suspect you're right about the aerial anyway. My neighbors is an old one and the one I have is connected to the dish itself.. not on the roof.

• Advertisement

Some areas of Louth, to the south & towards the coast, can get Clermont Carn & Kilkeel (for Freeview) on 1 aerial. Other areas would typically need a separate high-gain aerial pointed at Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Would using a 2.5" hard drive, usb powered, BUT from a mains powered usb hub work with this. I reckon it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Would using a 2.5" hard drive, usb powered, BUT from a mains powered usb hub work with this. I reckon it should.

It will work without the hub but dont use that as a rule of thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

I have a Ferguson Arivia 120 HD Combo.
    From reading the other posts, it looks as though it doesnt play .avi files (video codec not supported) as well as .mkv files, which is very disappointing. It is however playing my mp4 video files but some of those have the subtitles on as default and I cannot turn them off. Tried the yellow subtitle button on the remote, nothing. Tried the subtitle settings in system setup, OSD, and its already configured as off.

Anyone know how can i turn off the subtitles?

ronanb78 wrote: »
    I have a Ferguson Arivia 120 HD Combo.
    From reading the other posts, it looks as though it doesnt play .avi files (video codec not supported) as well as .mkv files, which is very disappointing. It is however playing my mp4 video files but some of those have the subtitles on as default and I cannot turn them off. Tried the yellow subtitle button on the remote, nothing. Tried the subtitle settings in system setup, OSD, and its already configured as off.

Anyone know how can i turn off the subtitles?

I don't know about sub-titles ......... but it definitely handles .avi files.

It is of course dependent on what codec was used for the video enclosed in the .avi.
    The manual has a list of supported codecs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

ah yes, it supports avi, it just that all the avi files that i have seem to have the wrong codec... Just my luck i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How do I get the 'Weather feature' working?

Is it a matter if just of plugging the Ariva into the telephone socket or what?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

or have the wifi dongle for the box

LordSutch wrote: »
    How do I get the 'Weather feature' working?

Is it a matter if just of plugging the Ariva into the telephone socket or what?

It does not plug into a telephone socket (RJ11) but can be plugged into an ethernet socket (RJ45) as found on routers.

Nowso wrote: »
    or have the wifi dongle for the box

Having never used a 'Dongle' before, I am amazed to learn from O2 that they cost €30, and then there's a sim card + the monthly sub for the dongle! And that's on top; of my existing O2 Bill :confused:

Not worth all that palava just to receive the weather forecast on the Ariva 120.

The O2 dongle is a mobile internet dongle (connects to O2 mobile network, like your phone): you're looking for a wifi dongle (connect to your own router).

Having never used a 'Dongle' before, I am amazed to learn from O2 that they cost €30, and then there's a sim card + the monthly sub for the dongle! And that's on top; of my existing O2 Bill :confused:

Not worth all that palava just to receive the weather forecast on the Ariva 120.

Those wifi dongles are for the Ariva 150/250's not the 120's. As Peter Rhea (nice anagram) has said not to be confused with a 02 dongle.

The weather forecast on the 120's. You need the lastest firmware to get this working at all. This is because the website that hosts the data keeps moving stuff around and the hardcoded URl on the ariva needs to be changed regularly.

STB wrote: »
    Those wifi dongles are for the Ariva 150/250's not the 120's. As Peter Rhea (nice anagram) has said not to be confused with a 02 dongle.

The weather forecast on the 120's. You need the lastest firmware to get this working at all. This is because the website that hosts the data keeps moving stuff around and the hardcoded URl on the ariva needs to be changed regularly.

Many thanks for that, the feature is there so I just I'd have a go at getting it working. Looks like the Wi Fi option is too much hassle for the Ariva 120, but what if I connect the Ariva to my O2 router via the cable option? might that work on Firmware V2.15B5, or would I still have to load the latest firmware?

Many thanks for that, the feature is there so I just I'd have a go at getting it working. Looks like the Wi Fi option is too much hassle for the Ariva 120, but what if I connect the Ariva to my O2 router via the cable option? might that work on Firmware V2.15B5, or would I still have to load the latest firmware?

The Wifi option isnt available to these as far as I know (120 range is M3602 chip). Only the 150/250 range (M3606 chip).

Upgrade to latest firmware A120Combo_2.18B6.zip.

Extract the ABS file to a USB stick. Then insert in box, do a Upgrade by USB, Allcode and bootloader option, then click to start. Let it finish. Reboot box. You will have to rescan for channels as the base firmware does not contain channel lists.

Connect a Cat5 cable from your router to your box. Go to box menu turn DHCP on and press the back key. Now your weather app should work. You can change your location by pressing the red key and entering it with the remote.

A lot of hassle, but if you like messing with things.....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭saorviewseeker

Latest firmware just out.......http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

• Advertisement

May I ask what feature it brings to life on the Ariva 120?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

May I ask what feature it brings to life on the Ariva 120?

The Internet

So you are using a WiFi dongle on the Ariva 120 and getting the internet radio stations! Surely this contradicts what STB says in #890, but if you really are, then I will buy a dongle myself and have a go (with the latest Ariva 120 firmware that is)..

Thanks.

So you are using a WiFi dongle on the Ariva 120 and getting the internet radio stations! Surely this contradicts what STB says in #890, but if you really are, then I will buy a dongle myself and have a go (with the latest Ariva 120 firmware that is)..

Thanks.

The wifi dongle works on the 150 and 250 only

What extra functionality does it bring? ...... or is it just bug-fixes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I have mine hooked up to an ethernet cable straight from my router, can I update the firmware from the cable.
    Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You can but many people have encountered problems using this method so I'd advise using USB key method
    Hootanany wrote: »
    I have mine hooked up to an ethernet cable straight from my router, can I update the firmware from the cable.
    Many thanks in advance.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

iba wrote: »
    The wifi dongle works on the 150 and 250 only

Exactly, so how come iba has a dongle working on the 120?

By the way, what is the Network DDNS Setting in the tools menu used for, and does it work?

Exactly, so how come iba has a dongle working on the 120?

By the way, what is the Network DDNS Setting in the tools menu used for, and does it work?

I dont

• Advertisement

So what is the Network DDNS Setting in the tools menu used for, and what exactly is it?

Advertisement