Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bryan23

Well sorry to people who can't understand.
    All I'm looking for is if sumone knows if I can combine my sky that I have in one room with my arive 120 box in another roon

It's not even txt spk, just poor spelling. Some of the words are longer than if spelled properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bryan23 wrote: »
    Well sorry to people who can't understand.
    All I'm looking for is if sumone knows if I can combine my sky that I have in one room with my arive 120 box in another roon

Look, you're new here. Welcome to Boards. Text speak is a no no in these forums.

To answer your question, Sky will insist in their cards going in their boxes only. You will also have to pay a multiroom sub. We are not allowed to discuss ways to circumvent Sky's conditions of service, so you will be on your own for that. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bryan23

thanks for all your help.
    i am just wondering if you or any one her knows or has a up to date channel list and update as my box has never been updated cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

bryan23 wrote: »
    thanks for all your help.
    i am just wondering if you or any one her knows or has a up to date channel list and update as my box has never been updated cheers.

The updates are available on the manufactures website:

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

To get a channel list I recommend that you read back through the thread and you might get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Having an issue for the last few weeks with both terrestrial and sat input on my 120. Works fine for the most part but then just lose signal...if i plug out the cables for a minute and plug them back in...its fine again for another few days. It doesn't happen at the same time...sometimes sat channels go, sometimes saorview go.
    Had a mate who is a sky installer, replace the cable from the lnb down to the 120 and was fine for a few days or so and then back again.
    Have saorview in the kitchen and bedroom from the same aerial so not convinced its the feed from that either as I never lose signal to either of those two rooms.

I don't want to shell out for another box unless I am sure its the problem. Any ideas how I could narrow this issue down a bit more?

I have thought it might be the LNB, but that does not explain the Saorview dropping as well...and as I say I never lose saorview anywhere else in the house?

• Advertisement

vkid wrote: »
    Having an issue for the last few weeks with both terrestrial and sat input on my 120. Works fine for the most part but then just lose signal...if i plug out the cables for a minute and plug them back in...its fine again for another few days. It doesn't happen at the same time...sometimes sat channels go, sometimes saorview go.
    Had a mate who is a sky installer, replace the cable from the lnb down to the 120 and was fine for a few days or so and then back again.
    Have saorview in the kitchen and bedroom from the same aerial so not convinced its the feed from that either as I never lose signal to either of those two rooms.

I don't want to shell out for another box unless I am sure its the problem. Any ideas how I could narrow this issue down a bit more?

I have thought it might be the LNB, but that does not explain the Saorview dropping as well...and as I say I never lose saorview anywhere else in the house?

Just guessing but I guess you have some sort of splitter if you have a saorview feed going to kitchen, bedroom and one going to Ariva (living room) - so could be a splitter problem?

The sat feed is going only to the Ariva?

But could well be the box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If the lnb is drawing too much current then it could affect the power supply which may well cause both tuners to stop working .

I have thought it might be the LNB, but that does not explain the Saorview dropping as well...

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

There is a splitter in the attic for the saorview aerial, but the fact that the sat feed is dropping as well, and saorview is fine in other rooms suggests to me that is not the issue but an easy one to change. Sat feed is going only to the ariva.

Might try changing the LNB and see what happens..both of those cheaper than buying a new box until I know for sure.

Thanks guys.

There is a splitter in the attic for the saorview aerial, but the fact that the sat feed is dropping as well, and saorview is fine in other rooms suggests to me that is not the issue but an easy one to change. Sat feed is going only to the ariva.

Might try changing the LNB and see what happens..both of those cheaper than buying a new box until I know for sure.

Thanks guys.

Thinking out loud, I dont think it can be the LNB on the basis that you say the saorview signal drops too which has no link to the LNB. (I just read Tony' point and maybe he is right)

Im not trying to be funny but do make sure that all your F-connectors are connected well.

If possible, maybe you could borrow someone elses box and see how you get on with that or bring your box to someone elses house. If your in Dublin, and dont have anyone else, perhaps I could lend you mine.

Thanks for the offer iba but got my hands on a sky box for the weekend, so if not happening on that I'm going to change the box.

See what happens I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Hi Guys
    All the links for the updated firmware do not seem to be working and cant find it on the Ferguson site seems to be gone
    Does anyone have a copy they could upload ....looking for Ariva 120Combo 2.18B6
    Many thanks in advance

skippy2 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    All the links for the updated firmware do not seem to be working and cant find it on the Ferguson site seems to be gone
    Does anyone have a copy they could upload ....looking for Ariva 120Combo 2.18B6
    Many thanks in advance

They seem to have changed the links/web pages - maybe their doing an update. But I found it here and its working:

http://ferguson-digital.eu/en/pobierz/func-startdown/1642/

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

iba fantastic thanks for that I have it now

skippy2 wrote: »
    iba fantastic thanks for that I have it now

Your welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Ah ha, just seen another advantage on the new firmware V2.18B6.

The front display panel now says PLAY and REC, previously it just displayed
    dashes for play & record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 popacam

hi everybody!
    in the ariva 120 combo manual it says external hard drives must have their own power supplies. i think i remember reading about it here a while back also. well for anyone who cares, im using a toshiba 500gb v63700-a which just plugs straight into the usb and have had no problems recording or rewinding. i think it cost me €60. how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

popacam wrote: »
    hi everybody!
    in the ariva 120 combo manual it says external hard drives must have their own power supplies. i think i remember reading about it here a while back also. well for anyone who cares, im using a toshiba 500gb v63700-a which just plugs straight into the usb and have had no problems recording or rewinding. i think it cost me €60. how bad!

Once you are aware that if the drive damages the USB power supply, it is not the fault of the manufacturer ;)

Also over time you *might* get variations in stability if the drive draws too much juice from the connection.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Quick Question - Using the media player on this for the first time. Have selected the film I want to watch and its playing in the top right hand corner. How do I get it to go to full screen. Cans seem to be able to do it and reckon I am missing something obvious.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

I don't really want to state the really really obvious, but isn't it just an extra press of the ok button?
    Sorry, if that's ridiculous.

Daarrgh wrote: »
    I don't really want to state the really really obvious, but isn't it just an extra press of the ok button?
    Sorry, if that's ridiculous.

Nope that doesn't work for me. That just restarts the film

• Advertisement

Right I have it. Its the play button. Couldnt have been more obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Did you try the play button? =p

That's how it works on my box anyway (could be a different firmware though)

edit: nevermind so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

Well, at least it was an easy fix.
    You got lucky.
    Do the lotto tomorrow before it runs out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

RTE+1 is blank.

Hi folks,

Moved house a month or two ago, and recently I can't get RTE+1. It has sound, but the picture's just completely black. RTE Junior's the same, but I never watch that anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Any suggestions? Should I try re-tuning?

Thanks in advance.

Try deleting all the saorview radio and tv channels and re scan after 7pm

RTE+1 is blank.

Hi folks,

Moved house a month or two ago, and recently I can't get RTE+1. It has sound, but the picture's just completely black. RTE Junior's the same, but I never watch that anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Any suggestions? Should I try re-tuning?

Thanks in advance.

Tony wrote: »
    Try deleting all the saorview radio and tv channels and re scan after 7pm

Good man, Tony, I'll try that. Thanks.

That worked, Tony, thanks again.

That worked, Tony, thanks again.

My pleasure, glad it worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wonder will the HD120 ever have a firmware update which permits it to receive Youtube/Netflix etc?

And might the latest HD150 firmware work on this machine?

I guess not, (but just on the off chance) :)

• Advertisement

LordSutch wrote: »
    Wonder will the HD120 ever have a firmware update which permits it to receive Youtube/Netflix etc?

And might the latest HD150 firmware work on this machine?

I guess not, (but just on the off chance) :)

No, 150 F/W does not work on the 120.

150 4 150
    250 4 250
    120 4 120

Do not ever install the incorrect f/w or you will have to do a null cable reboot

Simples :)

Advertisement