Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 anxie

Hi all,
    I just got a replacement Ariva 120 after my first one gave up.
    There seems to be an intermittent but persistent problem with the sound.
    On several stations the sound drops briefly for a second or less. It has happened as frequently as every 10 seconds or less, sometimes longer gaps.
    The video feed remains smooth and is not interrupted.
    I have seen it on RTE & TV3 and on the Satellite feed on ITVHD and Sky News.

Not sure if I am losing the plot, but it seemed to be worse if I switched from the saorview stations where it is a pronounced problem over to satellite stations.
    For example, after watching 10 dreary minutes of Sky News I didn't spot it happening, then on to ITV and BBC where it also seemed absent. However, when I rechecked it on TV3 and heard it happening again, I went back to Sky News and it was happening every few seconds.

Just wondering if anyone has experience on this, or advice as to what to check or set.

Checking the setup it is on maincode v2.18B2
    The only change I made on receiving this new box is to add in the saorview feed channels.
    The previous box worked fine on the same feeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

My box has a slightly loose co-ax socket (or the solder on the PCB is poor) which causes drop out occasionally on terrestrial - maybe yours is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 anxie

b318isp wrote: »
    My box has a slightly loose co-ax socket (or the solder on the PCB is poor) which causes drop out occasionally on terrestrial - maybe yours is the same?

Thanks b318isp I had a Sky box working perfect just before on the same connection, but I'll check for that when I get home. .

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    For some reason all my Sat channels were numbered 500. Decided to upgrade the firmware since I'd be clearing the channel list.
    Firmware updated fine over the network.
    Scanned and added terrestrial channels.
    Scanned and added sat channels.
    Moved channels around a bit.

Now when I select a terestrial channel it's telling me "no signal" or else it stays on the sat channel.
    When I try scanning the terestrial again, it finds them but when you click ok, it reboots, and still can't see them.

Any ideas?

I did a factory reset on the settings and rescanned. All seems fine now. I think that the last time it had somehow changed the terrestrial from DTT to Ka Sat (I think that's what it was showing).

Missing BBC Three and Four, but I think that I might have to adjust the skew on the LNB for them to be right... (even though the Sky box and another box are both finding them)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Missing BBC Three and Four, but I think that I might have to adjust the skew on the LNB for them to be right... (even though the Sky box and another box are both finding them)

Are you getting CBBC and Ceebebes instead?

• Advertisement

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Are you getting CBBC and Ceebebes instead?

No. It's not finding any channels on those transponders. It's giving a signal strength reading of only 10% on them, compared to 80ish on others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

What frequency are you looking at?

What frequency are you looking at?

The ones that are listed on Lyngsat. It didn't find them on the blind scan either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Why did you mention Ka sat in an earlier post?

Why did you mention Ka sat in an earlier post?

Because when the DTT stopped working last night that's what it was showing after the channel name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that when you do a recording the correct name doesn't always come up. Has anything official ever come from Ferguson on this?

Also with EPG I only get an hour in advance with everything bar terrestial. Are there any settings I might be missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Also with EPG I only get an hour in advance with everything bar terrestial. Are there any settings I might be missing?

No the freesat 7 day epg is licensed software, you will only see now/next on FTA or combo boxes with the exception of linux boxes like Vu+ etc

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

Tony wrote: »
    No the freesat 7 day epg is licensed software, you will only see now/next on FTA or combo boxes with the exception of linux boxes like Vu+ etc

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

sure thing

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Is Ariva 120 capable of picking up series link data ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Is Ariva 120 capable of picking up series link data ?

No it isn't unfortunately.

Could that be resolved with Software upgrade at some point in future or a limitation to the box we all have to accept ?

Could that be resolved with Software upgrade at some point in future?

No as I mentioned earlier freesat EPG is licensed software and as for saorview series link I seriously doubt it unless someone writes new firmware which uses the network connection as a work around perhaps . It is what it is, a cheap combo box.

The triax combo at twice the price does not have freesat series link either to the best of my knowledge.

I agree with it is what it is sentiment. Savage little box for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Could that be resolved with Software upgrade at some point in future or a limitation to the box we all have to accept ?

When you go into the Timer Menu you get an option to record Once, Daily or Weekly. That to me is as good as Series Link.:)

• Advertisement

When you go into the Timer Menu you get an option to record Once, Daily or Weekly. That to me is as good as Series Link.:)

Agree - problem though if a late start or in the case of Homeland on CH4 couple of weeks ago episode was 10 minutes longer than normal and recording ended before end of show (much to the amusement of Mrs.Hillbilly, SKY advocate who views FTA combi as pain in the ass )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gotcha!! Series Link it must be, then, or you'll have picture but no sound:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GaryL0904

The epg doesn't really work too well. You have to go to each individual channel and select it before the guide comes up for it? Is there something wrong or is that normal. Also what is the latest firmware for it? I can not follow that ferguson website at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi I picked up one of these on Saturday done the dumpfile on the usb thing and it worked. Plugged in my powered indoor Ariel and it cannot find the Soarview channels, I do not have a roof Ariel only UPC & Sat dish.
    Anyone know if I can solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi I picked up one of these on Saturday done the dumpfile on the usb thing and it worked. Plugged in my powered indoor Ariel and it cannot find the Soarview channels, I do not have a roof Ariel only UPC & Sat dish.
    Anyone know if I can solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.

Depends on your location ( and aerial type ). I'm based in D15 and can receive saorview on a cheapo indoor, although I did opt to externally mount an antenna alongside FTA dish.

Thanks for getting back to me in D7 All for one Amplified indoor aerial model number SV9141 Mains operated.HTH

Hootanany wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me in D7 All for one Amplified indoor aerial model number SV9141 Mains operated.HTH

Just out of interest, is the TV saorview compatable ? If so, I would try a direct connection to the port on the TV and try to use the integrated TV tuner (to eliminate the box as a potential issue ). If this doesnt work, then it would indicate the antenna is not suitable IMO.

hicks0109 wrote: »
    new to here just wondering is it possible to buy a card online to unlock skyspor*s on the ariva 120?
    Welcome to boards...have a read here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

jesus what an entry!

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Just out of interest, is the TV saorview compatable ? If so, I would try a direct connection to the port on the TV and try to use the integrated TV tuner (to eliminate the box as a potential issue ). If this doesnt work, then it would indicate the antenna is not suitable IMO.

No TV is Freeview would it still work with that.

Advertisement