Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yes I did mention that the IP addresses in Network Local Settings become greyed out ..... that is because DHCP is on and is being used to fill them in.
    Should the router decide to issue a different IP address, the STB (with DHCP set to on) will pick up the new address ..... so all automatic and no manual changes available.

You may have some setting in your router that is delaying connection ..... I dunno .... :(

I turn off the STB with the remote ...... leave it a while ..... turn it on again with the remote .... and just after the first channel is displayed a message pops up on screen telling me that the STB has an IP address (= connected to router)

I don't get much chance to use the radio on the STB these days ..... SWMBO determines what is on ;)

IIRC, you have to get a listing from the internet ...... see the coloured button explanations along the bottom of the screen ...... but that is from memory ..... which may not be the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Just a quick note of thanks. Got an Ariva 120 from Tony last weekend, set it up for my parents (after deflector system switched off recently).
    Worked first time, no problem. Very easy to use for 'channel hopping'.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has anyone got a link to the latest firmware with an up to date channel list included with it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Especially for you :)

Firmware and channel list http://www.mediafire.com/?32lec9qk2qg7nk6

How to guide http://www.mediafire.com/view/?shdqzt64399eaxw

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to the latest firmware with an up to date channel list included with it?

Thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks a million Tony, went through the thread and the latest one I found was yours from December.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thanks a million Tony, went through the thread and the latest one I found was yours from December.

No problem, there have been a couple since then I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Tony wrote: »
    No problem, there have been a couple since then I think

Hi Tony
    I downloaded that link and its come up as a MP3 file is that correct or have I done something wrong.Many thanks in advance.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi Tony
    I downloaded that link and its come up as a MP3 file is that correct or have I done something wrong.Many thanks in advance.

Hi, have a good read of the "how to guide" ignoring the part about unzipping the file, its already unzipped

Hi, have a good read of the "how to guide" ignoring the part about unzipping the file, its already unzipped

Having terrible trouble opening that file i am on a mac.
    I used the other link way back that had a dump file in it and it worked, can I do it manually or has someone on here have a mac friendly link. again thanks for all the help.

Why are you trying to open the file ? Just copy it to the usb key as per the how to guide.

Having terrible trouble opening that file i am on a mac.
    I used the other link way back that had a dump file in it and it worked, can I do it manually or has someone on here have a mac friendly link. again thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement

When I download it from Mediafire.com it comes down as A120_April_V2.18B2A.abs.mp3

When I download it from Mediafire.com it comes down as A120_April_V2.18B2A.abs.mp3

Don't know why thats happening but there should be no MP3 extension just .abs . You can see the filename on mediafire itself A120_April_V2.18B2.abs

Don't know why thats happening but there should be no MP3 extension just .abs . You can see the filename on mediafire itself A120_April_V2.18B2.abs

This was the one that worked for me a while back but I think it is out of date. http://www.mediafire.com/?670fuj684pqbpv1

This was the one that worked for me a while back but I think it is out of date. http://www.mediafire.com/?670fuj684pqbpv1

well both files are the same .abs extension so no reason why one should work and the other not.

Why would your MAC add an extension to the file? Ridiculous carry on!

That would make me wonder if it has corrupted the file :(

I would be inclined to do an MD5sum check on the downloaded file against the original to make sure it is OK, before use.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

Hi Guys,

I have just upgraded the firmware to the latest as of V2.18B2.
    I did NOT have a saved Channel list so I had to leave my box to do a search overnight and I am now arranging and deleting all my channels.

Problem is with the terrestrial channels.
    I am getting RTE, etc on something called K_Express 6A and no picture or sound.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daarrgh

I'm not sure why the the Mediafire website forces Safari to add the .mp3 fiole extension either.

No matter.
    Locate the file in your Finder and click once on it to select it then click once on the text to rename it. Just delete the .mp3 portion of the filename.
    The OS will ask you which extension you would like to keep. Select .abs - obviously.

You can also rename the file by right clicking / alt clicking / two finger click or by Command+I to bring up the file info box where you can do the same.

D

Daarrgh wrote: »
    I'm not sure why the the Mediafire website forces Safari to add the .mp3 fiole extension either.

No matter.
    Locate the file in your Finder and click once on it to select it then click once on the text to rename it. Just delete the .mp3 portion of the filename.
    The OS will ask you which extension you would like to keep. Select .abs - obviously.

You can also rename the file by right clicking / alt clicking / two finger click or by Command+I to bring up the file info box where you can do the same.

D

Sorted thanks to all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Morris Code

Fairly new to this satellite stuff -have an Ariva 120.Lost Vintage TV yesterday.Is there an easy way to re-instate such channels without scanning the whole thing and then having to delete loads of rubbish.Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

I would think there's an option for a transponder (tp) scan.

The new frequency is 12643mHz Horizontal, SR 27500.

• Advertisement

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    I would think there's an option for a transponder (tp) scan.

The new frequency is 12643mHz Horizontal, SR 27500.

Thanks for that-but when I did a search on that freq it told me no channels found??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Thanks for that-but when I did a search on that freq it told me no channels found??:confused:

Are you searching under all satellites, or just a particular one (i.e Astra 2A, Eurobird 1, Astra 2B)?

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Are you searching under all satellites, or just a particular one (i.e Astra 2A, Eurobird 1, Astra 2B)?

Astra 2A-which is where Vintage was up to yesterday-should I be trying another??
    I did another Add TP thing for Men & Movies which it found together with some others like Setanta and Sony movies which are scrambled-this is a learning curve for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try Eurobird 1. That where I found it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Now known as Eutelsat 28A, that's the satellite it's actually on but I'd doubt the box is that fussy.

@Morris Code, are you sure you searched the right tp (e.g. 12523H has nothing on it atm) & if so what is the indicated signal quality?

Try Eurobird 1. That where I found it.

Hey found it on Eurobird 1-as a newcomer to this stuff I had no idea I could search a different sat-so thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭John mac

Fairly new to this satellite stuff -have an Ariva 120.Lost Vintage TV yesterday.

vintage tv info here.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78728911&postcount=11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I have two of these stb's, The old one is 12 mths old and the new one a few weeks.

I'm using a 160GB Seagate 3.5 HD for recording. (I want to use this on the new stb)

It works perfectly on the old stb

but when plugged into the new stb the light on the drive goes out but I can feel the drive vibrating as normal.

If you try to record it says no partition.

If it were the other way round, works on new but not on old I would guess a firmware update required..........strange.:(

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I have two of these stb's, The old one is 12 mths old and the new one a few weeks.

I'm using a 160GB Seagate 3.5 HD for recording. (I want to use this on the new stb)

but when plugged into the new stb the light on the drive goes out but I can feel the drive vibrating as normal.

If it were the other way round, works on new but not on old I would guess a firmware update required..........strange.:(

Maybe it would want to format the partition ..... is it visible in the menue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

danjo-xx wrote: »

Sounds like a power issue to me. I have an external USB drive that my laptop "sees" once the USB is plugged in but cannot access until I plug in the second USB power booster. However the same drive works perfectly on one USB with my desktop. The drive came with a double USB cable and also has the option of an external mains supply.

Advertisement