Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dual not possible for me anyway. But you can record 1 sat channel & watch another one on the same transponder.With Saorview you can watch one & record another. This will change for the Ariva when mux 2 comes on stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Apparently it does not automatically update the time changes. Go to Menu>System>Local Time Setting. Set GMT usage to "On". GMT Offset to "UTC + 00.00". Summer Time to "On". The info panel should then read "Reykjavik, Casablanca, Lisbon, Dublin, London". Your stns should then show the right time and your Timer should be current.

And why would it. Not every country observes Daylight Saving.

Infact you might remember that it is a source of ongoing debate about dropping it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

STB wrote: »
    And why would it. Not every country observes Daylight Saving.

Infact you might remember that it is a source of ongoing debate about dropping it!

Yea, I got that link on my cheapo Android phone from China which can update automatically.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I've seen the auto time change feature on many boxes so theres really no reason that ferguson could not implement it.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Yea, I got that link on my cheapo Android phone from China which can update automatically.:D:D:D:D

You assume that the STB is aimed at this market and is not a worldwide product.

Thats why it gives the option to turn on or turn off DST in the menu.

It doesn't know where you are unlike the software in a phone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Long shot I guess but can the Ariva record from an external source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stanjnr

I hav a 120 for over a year and am well impressed! I hav it in our bedroom and just switched from UPC to sky in the downstairs sitting room. Anybody know if I can use my new sky card in the Ariva 120 in my room or how I do it? Do I just insert the card and scan for channels (non fta)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Stanjnr wrote: »
    Anybody know if I can use my new sky card in the Ariva 120 in my room or how I do it? Do I just insert the card and scan for channels (non fta)?

Yes it works and that's pretty much all you have to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

Anyone finding that the ariva fails to pick up now and next info for certain sat channels?

What puzzles me is that I find that some channels never show now and next (eg BBC3 and BBC4, ITV4+1) .A few others fail to show now and next occasionally and most channels show now and next all the time.

Is this potentially an issue with dish alignment? PQ is fine, no pixelation even in heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hibble

Trevord wrote: »
    Anyone finding that the ariva fails to pick up now and next info for certain sat channels?

What puzzles me is that I find that some channels never show now and next (eg BBC3 and BBC4, ITV4+1) .A few others fail to show now and next occasionally and most channels show now and next all the time.
    QUOTE]

There is no EPG broadcast for ITV4+1.
    If you are watching BBC3 &4 on channels you have scanned in the daytime, then youwon't grt EPG as they have been scanned as CBBC / CBEEBIES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bandon1

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/A120Combo_2.18B2.zip/

No changelog, as always.

I installed, factory reset and rescanned. Haven't noticed anything better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

This is from google translate::

Note: Please note that after the update is recommended to restore the factory settings!

Please do not upload lists are created and stored on previous versions of the software! Upload the "old" channel lists can cause errors in the operation of the receiver, or even permanent damage!

Instead of uploading a list we recommend our FastScan function as a base to create your own channel list.

Information for people using the so-called. spliterów cards. The "Card initial clock" has been moved to Menu-> System-> Other. To improve the work of the old equipment must be updated to change this value to 3.6 MHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

bandon1 wrote: »
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/A120Combo_2.18B2.zip/

No changelog, as always.

I installed, factory reset and rescanned. Haven't noticed anything better or worse.

As has been the case on previous releases.

Bottom line, if you have an Ariva Combo and its working well, then leave well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Perhaps someone can help me, please.

Recently moved house, plugged in Ariva - nothing.

Got a guy to come out and have a look. Turns out the sat dish was pointing the wrong way (and the receiver part of the dish was knackered) and the terrestrial aerial socket wasn't connected to an aerial!
    He fixed both of these.

So it all worked fine for a week or two.

In the last couple of days, I'm getting 'No signal' on the satellite channels. The coax cable is plugged in, and the dish doesn't look like it has moved, or anything like that.

Any ideas?

TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Perhaps someone can help me, please.

Recently moved house, plugged in Ariva - nothing.

Got a guy to come out and have a look. Turns out the sat dish was pointing the wrong way (and the receiver part of the dish was knackered) and the terrestrial aerial socket wasn't connected to an aerial!
    He fixed both of these.

So it all worked fine for a week or two.

In the last couple of days, I'm getting 'No signal' on the satellite channels. The coax cable is plugged in, and the dish doesn't look like it has moved, or anything like that.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Get the guy that took your money back, he should stand behind has work for more than 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Have you tried rescanning for channels?

Have you tried rescanning for channels?

No, not yet. Didn't want to risk screwing things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No, not yet. Didn't want to risk screwing things up!

You're unlikely to screw much up by doing that. I'd recommend it before calling a technician out. It could just be a faulty box, and unless the installer provided you with it you'll have to pay a call-out charge. It's hard to imagine that the satellite and terrestrial signals would go down at the same time due to an installation problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

It's hard to imagine that the satellite and terrestrial signals would go down at the same time due to an installation problem.

Only the satellite channels were mentioned. More than likely the "installer" did just the bare minimum to get it working with no concern for long term reliability.

You're unlikely to screw much up by doing that. I'd recommend it before calling a technician out. It could just be a faulty box, and unless the installer provided you with it you'll have to pay a call-out charge. It's hard to imagine that the satellite and terrestrial signals would go down at the same time due to an installation problem.

OK so I tried doing a satellite channel search (Menu > Installation > Multi Satellite Search) but all I got was a big list of 'Fail's.

If I chose Menu > Installation > Antenna Setup I can see that the signal quality for the Astra 2A and Eurobird 1 satellites is down at about 10% and signal intensity jumps about between 29 & 45%. These are the two satellites that worked before. So, does this all mean that the dish has slipped or something and is now pointed in the wrong direction?

Ronnie is right, BTW. Only the satellite channels have vanished. Digital terrestrial is working fine (although that did go funny for a couple of days and then seemed to sort itself out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

OK so I tried doing a satellite channel search (Menu > Installation > Multi Satellite Search) but all I got was a big list of 'Fail's.

If I chose Menu > Installation > Antenna Setup I can see that the signal quality for the Astra 2A and Eurobird 1 satellites is down at about 10% and signal intensity jumps about between 29 & 45%. These are the two satellites that worked before. So, does this all mean that the dish has slipped or something and is now pointed in the wrong direction?

Ronnie is right, BTW. Only the satellite channels have vanished. Digital terrestrial is working fine (although that did go funny for a couple of days and then seemed to sort itself out)

Dish alignment would be the most likely reason IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Hi guys, my dads tv went blank a couple of days ago, it's as though there's no communication between box and television, having checked all the connections (and of course switching things on and off again) I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the box, would updating the firmware do the trick and am I okay to do this myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you have no display on the tv then it will be impossible to upgrade the firmware.

Hi guys, my dads tv went blank a couple of days ago, it's as though there's no communication between box and television, having checked all the connections (and of course switching things on and off again) I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the box, would updating the firmware do the trick and am I okay to do this myself?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of to play more than 2 or more media files without having to press play evertime 1 file is over, I have spongbob S5 on my harddrive but each episode is only about 10 mins long, just wondering can you queue up say 10 files and play them all by just hitting play once

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Hey guys looking for some help with an ariva box,with a very strange problem.My father has the ariva box in a house in Wexford and the satellite channels will not work but the terrestrial stations will work no problem all the time.Whats strange is that if i unscrew the satellite coax from the box with the power still on and screw it back in,the satellite channels come in no problem. But when you turn the power off and back on again the satellite is gone so you must unscrew sat coax again and when you replace it all is fine again.I drove down to Wexford yesterday specially to sort this out thinking it was just my auld fella not understanding the box,but it seems there is a real problem.This problem started about a month ago so i updated to the latest sw at the time,and yesterday i did a factory reset twice and rescanned everything.I also cut a few inches off the sat coax and put on a new connector.The signal is about 85% ,and another sat reciever i brought down to test says 90% signal so iam sure its not the dish.When powered off and back on the ariva says 10% or no signal basically until sat coax is unscrewed and replaced.I know i should never unscrew the sat coax with power on and i hate the idea of my Dad at 74 years doing this all the time because i know eventually he will rub the copper on the outer casing,but it was all i could figure out after half a day messing about to get satellite channels working.Any advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I was just wondering if an Ariva 120 would be able to pick up Saorsat with a Ka Band Lnb and the english FTA channels with a Ku Band Lnb using an Lnb switch to combine the signals. This would give me the ability to record on the Saorview tuner while watching Saorsat on the satellite tuner and vice-versa. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

tryfix wrote: »
    I was just wondering if an Ariva 120 would be able to pick up Saorsat with a Ka Band Lnb and the english FTA channels with a Ku Band Lnb using an Lnb switch to combine the signals. This would give me the ability to record on the Saorview tuner while watching Saorsat on the satellite tuner and vice-versa. What do you think?

Good idea if the Saorsat service was a mirror image of Saorview - but as it stands this is unlikely to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Good idea if the Saorsat service was a mirror image of Saorview - but as it stands this is unlikely to be the case
    Well if it would work, then I could record 3 or 3e on the terrestrial and watch the RTEs on the satellite or record the RTEs on the satellite and watch 3 or 3e on terrestrial. The only thing it couldn't do would be to record one of the 3s while watching the other at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Hi all

Any recommendations on where you purchased your external hard drive for the box? We went to the usuals (PC World etc) yesterday but the only wired ones we could find were 1tb+ and above our price range.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

tryfix wrote: »
    Well if it would work, then I could record 3 or 3e on the terrestrial and watch the RTEs on the satellite or record the RTEs on the satellite and watch 3 or 3e on terrestrial. The only thing it couldn't do would be to record one of the 3s while watching the other at the same time.

You should be able to watch one channel and record one thats onthe same transponder/mux?

Advertisement