Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    You can get quark in Dunnes. I'm new to this thread, joined slimming world on New Year's Eve and have lost 2st 13lb so far, I pack my lunch and dinner with speed food and for breakfast midweek I have porridge with apple & strawberry and at the weekend I have a slimming world fry with mallows sausages, turkey rashers, eggs and onions, mushrooms & tomato for speed. I really believe you have to get as much speed in as possible to see the results.

Fantastic loss well done

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

I went to Slimming World for two weeks and managed to gain weight each week. It was very off putting but I've decided to try again.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I really tried my best, gave it my all and followed the instructions so it was disheartening to say the least :confused:

Really hoping I have more success this time.
    I went to Slimming World for two weeks and managed to gain weight each week. It was very off putting but I've decided to try again.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I really tried my best, gave it my all and followed the instructions so it was disheartening to say the least :confused:

Really hoping I have more success this time.

Just don't understand that. If you really follow the programme you WILL lose weight. Are you sure you followed it? Or perhaps something else going on. Metabolism or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Yes, speed isn't about eating the same size portion as before with some veg on the side...you end up eating more that way!
    It's about replacing a 3rd of your normal portion size with speed.

Took me a while to work that out myself haha - I was just eating a bowl of fruit after a normal sized meal but that was silly.

A lady at my group gave some good advice - add your speed to the plate first. Then make up the rest with your 'normal' food.
    So simple but very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I eat a raw carrot while cooking now. Makes a huge difference to how much I can eat off the plate lol.

I've found it tough this week. Two days on the move with work and food provided was all ridiculous. Muffins for 11 break etc. Cake at lunchtimes. Did my best to avoid everything but wasn't always successful. Definitely a lot better than I would have been in the past so it'll be interesting tomorrow to see did it help. Cravings have been bad as a consequence of looking at everyone eating lovely stuff. I ended up sitting in my car eating my packed lunch rather than going to the carvery with dessert that work was providing.

Weigh in at 8am. Clane 5k at 10!

At the end of the day we can't blame Slimming World. They have a proven method towards weight loss. We need to take responsibility for what we put into our mouth. If we overeat we get fat! Just got to eat less and move more. It has helped me since I quit the fags. :)

• Advertisement

At the end of the day we can't blame Slimming World. They have a proven method towards weight loss. We need to take responsibility for what we put into our mouth. If we overeat we get fat! Just got to eat less and move more. It has helped me since I quit the fags. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Addmagnet wrote: »
    I briefly saw (was driving, which is why I couldn't give it my full attention!) a sign that looked like it was indicating a Slimming World meeting in the Commons Inn, on Commons Road in Cork - would anyone have any concrete info about that?

Starts next Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I've been offline for a few days but thought I'd come back with a quick update - I got my 1 Stone award at weighin last week so v. happy with that :)

On the downside, the bridesmaid dress that had be joining SW in the first place still doesnt fit (Grrrr....) Its a size 14 which I didnt think was that ambitious but evidently I was wrong. I asked the bride to order that size convinced that If I lost any weight at all, it would be no bother, but here we are. I have other dresses from the same brand in a 14, all of which now fit me no problem. I feel like its secretly a 12 and is out to annoy me!

Anyway, I'm happy enough with the plan and would obviously be happy to lose some more weight, but I'm wishing I didnt absolutely have to in order to fit into this dress. I'd love to be at the point now whereby any further weight would just be to make it more comfortable etc. I've my big holiday for the year coming up in about 6 weeks so hopefully I can use that as my short term motivation! And try not to put all the weight back on during my holiday of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I've been offline for a few days but thought I'd come back with a quick update - I got my 1 Stone award at weighin last week so v. happy with that :)

On the downside, the bridesmaid dress that had be joining SW in the first place still doesnt fit (Grrrr....) Its a size 14 which I didnt think was that ambitious but evidently I was wrong. I asked the bride to order that size convinced that If I lost any weight at all, it would be no bother, but here we are. I have other dresses from the same brand in a 14, all of which now fit me no problem. I feel like its secretly a 12 and is out to annoy me!

Anyway, I'm happy enough with the plan and would obviously be happy to lose some more weight, but I'm wishing I didnt absolutely have to in order to fit into this dress. I'd love to be at the point now whereby any further weight would just be to make it more comfortable etc. I've my big holiday for the year coming up in about 6 weeks so hopefully I can use that as my short term motivation! And try not to put all the weight back on during my holiday of course ;)

Huge congrats on the 1 stone award - amazing loss! :D

How long do you have until the wedding? Do you think you'll be able to get into the dress in time?
    I know it's crap feeling that you have to lose the weight, but keep imagining how amazing it will feel for you to put that dress on, do it up and it fit perfectly.

BetsyEllen wrote: »

How long do you have until the wedding? Do you think you'll be able to get into the dress in time?
    I know it's crap feeling that you have to lose the weight, but keep imagining how amazing it will feel for you to put that dress on, do it up and it fit perfectly.

Oh its not for another 6 months so I have time :) I didnt want to be up against it so I started plenty early :) I'm not actually stressed about it, because I have plenty of time, but I'm just more annoyed because I was convinced that 1stone would be enough. I've loads of size 14 stuff in my wardrobe that fit me even before I started SW, so the fact that this particular size 14 dress still won't fit is irking me!

Its a beautiful dress (I was the one who suggested it so I suppose I've brought this on myself!) but because of the fabric (lace and chiffon) and the fitted style, there is no give in the fit - you either fit into it or you don't!

• Advertisement

Oh its not for another 6 months so I have time :) I didnt want to be up against it so I started plenty early :) I'm not actually stressed about it, because I have plenty of time, but I'm just more annoyed because I was convinced that 1stone would be enough. I've loads of size 14 stuff in my wardrobe that fit me even before I started SW, so the fact that this particular size 14 dress still won't fit is irking me!

Its a beautiful dress (I was the one who suggested it so I suppose I've brought this on myself!) but because of the fabric (lace and chiffon) and the fitted style, there is no give in the fit - you either fit into it or you don't!

I've found with women's clothes size is very much just a number- there doesn't seem to be any consistency from item to item, even if it's in the same line! Best not to let it annoy you and just focus on sticking to plan, you've loads of time to fit into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jewels0606

has anyone got a rice crispie bun recipe
    I googled it but the syns added up to 44 for 10 (recipe) which was advertised as 1.5 syns per bun which makes no sense

Hi Ladies and Gents,

BetsyEllen wrote: »

Keep up the good work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Can you buy the awards online ?

Blank awards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

You can buy similar, I can't link as I'm on my phone but if you do a search for The Naked Blondie Meal Planner an Etsy page comes up and they also sell stickers.

There's actually a 20% discount running until midnight tonight using the code Twin20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

What is the biggest loser competition in SW and how does it work? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I've posted here before regarding SW and how it hadn't worked for me and I'm now thinking maybe I didn't have enough speed foods. I'm trying again, this time going it alone and not going to groups, 2 days in so far and I think I'm doing ok.

I was wondering if anyone would mind throwing their eyes over my meals the last 2 days and letting me know how it looks? If it looks ok or if I need to make any improvements?

Tuesday

2x Apples
    Banana
    Orange
    2x Coffees with skimmed milk (HEX A) and sugar (1 syn)
    Slimming World Chilli con Carne with rice and salad (about one third of plate)
    Slimming World BLT sandwich with egg and lighter than light mayo (1 syn and Hex B)

Wednesday

Hot lemon water
    Muller Rice low fat yogurt (syns - not sure?)
    Grande Cappuccino Skimmed Milk (Hex A and maybe just over the allowance)
    Kiwi
    Pear
    Slimming World BLT sandwich with egg and lighter than light mayo (1 syn and Hex B)
    Pasta, salad, boiled egg, ham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I've posted here before regarding SW and how it hadn't worked for me and I'm now thinking maybe I didn't have enough speed foods. I'm trying again, this time going it alone and not going to groups, 2 days in so far and I think I'm doing ok.

I was wondering if anyone would mind throwing their eyes over my meals the last 2 days and letting me know how it looks? If it looks ok or if I need to make any improvements?

Tuesday

2x Apples
    Banana
    Orange

Wednesday

Hot lemon water
    Kiwi
    Pear

I'm nearly sure that some of those muller rice yogurts have 9/10 syns in them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Those Muller rice yokes are very high in syns, even the diet ones.

Tuesday

2x Apples
    Banana
    Orange

Wednesday

Hot lemon water
    Kiwi
    Pear

One thing that strikes me is that you could be having better breakfasts, eating a bit more. Lunches/Dinners look good.

• Advertisement

You have lots of good stuff but could definitely make some changes. Banana is free but not speed so that's a simple change as most other fruits are speed.
    I would completely agree with the last poster. You aren't eating enough. The second day didn't seem to have a breakfast at all. I will give you a snap shot of my day. This worked for me.
    Breakfast Smoked salmon, light cream cheese on a slice of wholemeal toast with a bowl of fresh fruit (melon, lots of berries)
    I will sometimes add a boiled egg to this if I know I have a mental day ahead
    Lunch baked potato with left over chilli, light cheese and a huge side salad
    Between breakfast. Lunch and a drop of milk in my tea I would have used my healthy a and half my healthy b
    Dinner could be any slimming world recipe, chicken chow mein, spaghetti Bolognese, steak, the list is endless.
    I might snack on fruit or syn free yogurt if I am hungry.
    At this point I am still syn free with half a healthy b left. I have a slimming world bar for my healthy b
    Now I still have 15 sins and I can pick what I do with them but to be honest on a week day I rarely go above 10. At the weekend I will use them.
    Not saying this is the perfect plan but just how it worked for me and I am not at target.

Oh and I walk lots! Think physical activity really moves things along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Winnie21 wrote: »
    What is the biggest loser competition in SW and how does it work? Thanks

Winnie21 it's not a competition more an award. I got it in the group I go to last year. As far as I can remember it is given to the person with the most accumulated weight loss in the previous 12 months.

No nominations or voting like Ms & Mr Slinky.

Bit of fun is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

fall wrote: »
    You have lots of good stuff but could definitely make some changes. Banana is free but not speed so that's a simple change as most other fruits are speed.
    I would completely agree with the last poster. You aren't eating enough. The second day didn't seem to have a breakfast at all. I will give you a snap shot of my day. This worked for me.
    Breakfast Smoked salmon, light cream cheese on a slice of wholemeal toast with a bowl of fresh fruit (melon, lots of berries)
    I will sometimes add a boiled egg to this if I know I have a mental day ahead
    Lunch baked potato with left over chilli, light cheese and a huge side salad
    Between breakfast. Lunch and a drop of milk in my tea I would have used my healthy a and half my healthy b
    Dinner could be any slimming world recipe, chicken chow mein, spaghetti Bolognese, steak, the list is endless.
    I might snack on fruit or syn free yogurt if I am hungry.
    At this point I am still syn free with half a healthy b left. I have a slimming world bar for my healthy b
    Now I still have 15 sins and I can pick what I do with them but to be honest on a week day I rarely go above 10. At the weekend I will use them.
    Not saying this is the perfect plan but just how it worked for me and I am not at target.

Thanks for this. I don't give myself much time in the mornings which is why I end up rushing and just end up getting a banana for breakfast (not a speed food but filling). I thought eating less would go in my favour :o

Thanks for this. I don't give myself much time in the mornings which is why I end up rushing and just end up getting a banana for breakfast (not a speed food but filling). I thought eating less would go in my favour :o
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day ;) gets your metabolism moving after fasting overnight so your body burns energy throughout the day!

Yeah in a short term way it might do, but over the longer term can you keep it up/is it more likely to make you crack one day and binge?

I'm also a disaster in the mornings so I tend to bring breakfast to work with me. Today was a pot of Fage 0% and a packet of raspberries and an apple. When I'm marginally more organised I make overnight oats.

Finding it really hard to be good lately! Been wobbly ever since my birthday last week, I think because I'm close enough to my target I find it easier to justify cheating or going over my syns, and never manage to make up for it later in the week. There always seems to be some meal out or treats around every week!

I found if I ate very little then the second I went back to eating normally the weight went straight back on. I think for this to be sustainable you have to eat normally but just cut out the crap. I love that now I am at target I can have an extra healthy b and a and still maintain.

Totally agree. :)

• Advertisement

Down 1lb last night - not spectacular but not too bad as I'd had quite a stressful week and a few meals out. Hopefully this will be a quieter week - I'm on the cusp of getting into a new number so hopefully I'll get that next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement