Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Glitz the main thing is you know why you had a gain, so at least it wasn't a surprise. The worst gain are when you have been good and there is no explanation for it!!

So, sit down and plan your days, trust me, this makes things so much easier. Organise your meals and make sure you stock up on things for syns if you want them. Just take one day at a time then.

I have been good all week but don't really feel like ive lost so im not sure what's going on. Ill know tomorrow when i get weighed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi all :( well had my first weigh in today, my first week over and I have gained 2.5 lbs. Slightly devestated bit not surprised weekend was a bit crazy had food out with the family when we went to see santa arrive and I pretty much made every mistake possible my first week !

But I'm not going to let me down. :) All you ladies have had such inspirational stories about weight loss so I went shopping after speaking to my group leader and am 100% determined to stick to it this week ! Hope everyone else had a better result this week ! :p

Oh no, sorry to hear that, at least you know why, it is a hard time of the year. best of luck for next week, sounds like you will do much better next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

andreac wrote: »
    Glitz the main thing is you know why you had a gain, so at least it wasn't a surprise. The worst gain are when you have been good and there is no explanation for it!!

So, sit down and plan your days, trust me, this makes things so much easier. Organise your meals and make sure you stock up on things for syns if you want them. Just take one day at a time then.

I have been good all week but don't really feel like ive lost so im not sure what's going on. Ill know tomorrow when i get weighed in.

It must be something in the air ! A lot of people felt similar to you at my group today. Most of them actually had fantastic weight loss! Only one girl (who joined with me last week!) Felt that way and had gained also.

Thanks for the positive vibes and i hope your happy with your weigh in tomorrow :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    Oh no, sorry to hear that, at least you know why, it is a hard time of the year. best of luck for next week, sounds like you will do much better next week :)

Thanks ! :) Im going to make sure of it. Ha apparently I'm one of these people who needs public shaming to motivate my weight loss :p watch this space ladies ! I will be writing out my plan of attack for tomorrow later on while kids are in bed !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

This is great advice. Prior preparation prevents poor performance!! Also I've stopped buying sweets and crisps. So I've less temptation. Now I am human so once a week (sometimes twice) I buy them and eat them that night! I have no self control so if I bought them on a Tuesday for a treat on a Friday they'd be long gone!

• Advertisement

This is great advice. Prior preparation prevents poor performance!! Also I've stopped buying sweets and crisps. So I've less temptation. Now I am human so once a week (sometimes twice) I buy them and eat them that night! I have no self control so if I bought them on a Tuesday for a treat on a Friday they'd be long gone!

Thanks tickingclock ! Definitely need to plan better this week! That's if I survive the weather tonight :p :pac:

Hi ladies ! I appreciate all the advice and help given here already and I'm wondering would anyone be able to help me out with a query !

I'm doing up my meal plan for tomorrow and I'm wondering if I can split my healthy option b on EE to one weetabix for breakfast and one slice of be good bread for lunch, instead of 2 weetabix or 2 wholemeal be good bread slices for the day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hi ladies ! I appreciate all the advice and help given here already and I'm wondering would anyone be able to help me out with a query !

I'm doing up my meal plan for tomorrow and I'm wondering if I can split my healthy option b on EE to one weetabix for breakfast and one slice of be good bread for lunch, instead of 2 weetabix or 2 wholemeal be good bread slices for the day ?

Yeah absolutely fine, and you can split your Healthy A choice for example to have milk for your tea/coffee and cheese with your dinner too, just make sure you get the calculation right! Some consultants don't recommend dividing up your healthy extras but it's just because of the calculations thing :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely fine, and you can split your Healthy A choice for example to have milk for your tea/coffee and cheese with your dinner too, just make sure you get the calculation right! Some consultants don't recommend dividing up your healthy extras but it's just because of the calculations thing :)

Thanks ! I'm going to try it tomorrow and see how it goes. If I don't feel it's for me ill go back to the two weetabix! Plan all made out! looks good on paper anyway so fingers crossed ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Decided to download the app and had to chuckle at one of the apps that other users have downloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Hi

per the book 220g of chipper chips are 14 syns. approx how many chips is that? I know chips are different sizes etc etc but when you don't have a weighing scales to measure what do you go buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

220g isn't that much. Probably a white bag (not packed!) full of chips (without any scoops!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Dodge wrote: »
    220g isn't that much. Probably a white bag full of chips (without any scoops!)

I weighed a bag of chips from Macari's once, for a laugh, 850g!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Monife wrote: »
    I weighed a bag of chips from Macari's once, for a laugh, 850g!!!

Jayus, no wonder I'm fat!

so approx qtr of a bag. I'm just trying to get a visual in my head of how much. havent have chipper chips in 4 weeks. not going to last much longer. Ive being making slimming world chips they are lovely but sometimes chipper chips cant be avoided !!!!

Funnily I used to be such an addict for takeaways and some weeks, I was having multiple ones per week but thanks to SW, I have become immune now, 14 months or so since my last one... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm the same, haven't had a chipper or pizza in 6 months! I have had a Chinese (vegetables in blackbean sauce with extra chilli and boiled rice... Yum!) a couple of times when my lot have got a takeaway..
    I plan on making the onion bhajis (syn free) later, has anyone made them?

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Jayus, no wonder I'm fat!

so approx qtr of a bag. I'm just trying to get a visual in my head of how much. havent have chipper chips in 4 weeks. not going to last much longer. Ive being making slimming world chips they are lovely but sometimes chipper chips cant be avoided !!!!

I find when your making the sw chips if you add extra spray oil and 'aromat' they are very like chipper chips!

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm the same, haven't had a chipper or pizza in 6 months! I have had a Chinese (vegetables in blackbean sauce with extra chilli and boiled rice... Yum!) a couple of times when my lot have got a takeaway..

My problem is the things I love in the Chinese are not SW friendly so I stay away lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I find when your making the sw chips if you add extra spray oil and 'aromat' they are very like chipper chips!

Oh god I love chips this way. I cook mine in an airfryer and the results are known in my house as aromat chips. Half 11 and I have a craving for aromat chips :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 somedaysoon

Hi everyone, I havent been on for a few days.. had my second weigh in last night and i was down 2.5lbs so thats 9lbs in 2 weeks.. its brill.. still getting use to things tho and im being a little bit 2 strict where the syns are concerned.. I bought a large tub of fat free greek yogurt to make the hummas but i just didnt like it so im left with the tub of yogurt any suggestions on what i could do with it dont want to just put it in the bin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Someone made them for the Mrs/Mr Slinky taster and they are lovely!

Someone made them for the Mrs/Mr Slinky taster and they are lovely!

Great stuff! I'm going to have them with a nice big salad and a few sw chips this evening for my dinner!

Oh god I love chips this way. I cook mine in an airfryer and the results are known in my house as aromat chips. Half 11 and I have a craving for aromat chips :(

Lol.. I love aromat! It's so tasty, no doubt bad for me but I don't care, I'll use it all the way!

My problem is the things I love in the Chinese are not SW friendly so I stay away lol

Have you tried the blackbean sauce? I had never tried it before and I was very surprised! As I said above I ask for it to be spicy so it's not bland..

Have you tried the blackbean sauce? I had never tried it before and I was very surprised! As I said above I ask for it to be spicy so it's not bland..

I don't mind black bean sauce, but what I really love are honey spare ribs and sweet & sour chicken in batter :(:( I really don't mind cooking my own dishes now, I prefer it to be honest, least I know what I am cooking and that there are no syns in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I get a chicken curry with chips if we get a chinese. No point in not enjoying a take away by ordering something I won't like. Same if I go out for a drink. I'll drink what I would have done a year ago. So it delays your "goal" by a week. No real harm done

Dodge wrote: »
    I get a chicken curry with chips if we get a chinese. No point in not enjoying a take away by ordering something I won't like. Same if I go out for a drink. I'll drink what I would have done a year ago. So it delays your "goal" by a week. No real harm done

I am the same about going for a drink, I will drink what I always have, I like certain beers so I will drink it, forget the syns. I do stay away from takeaways because I know what I am like and don't want to go down a slippery slope!

Maybe when I get to target, I will treat myself to a Chinese or worse a Dominos pizza with a side! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi everyone, I havent been on for a few days.. had my second weigh in last night and i was down 2.5lbs so thats 9lbs in 2 weeks.. its brill.. still getting use to things tho and im being a little bit 2 strict where the syns are concerned.. I bought a large tub of fat free greek yogurt to make the hummas but i just didnt like it so im left with the tub of yogurt any suggestions on what i could do with it dont want to just put it in the bin

Which brand is it? Some of them are really salty and have the texture of a jelly, disgusting. The only one I really like is Liberte.
    If it's not the salty taste that's bothering you, try making blancmange - make up one side of a packet of sugar free jelly crystals with 300ml boiling water, cool a little then stir into most of a tub of natural yogurt, then chill. It's 1.5syns for the whole lot iirc!

I don't mind black bean sauce, but what I really love are honey spare ribs and sweet & sour chicken in batter :(:( I really don't mind cooking my own dishes now, I prefer it to be honest, least I know what I am cooking and that there are no syns in it :)

Your right! Do you make sweet and sour at home? If so what recipe do you follow? I've wanted to make it but I'd like a tried and trusted recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Vahevala I'm interested to see how SP has gone for you this week as I'm also thinking of giving it a try. Was it tough? An more importantly did it give you the result you hoped?

I'm slow an steadily losing I'd jst like a little boost before the xmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement