Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

andreac wrote: »
    Just asking all the ladies in this thread, sorry men, close your eyes ha ha.

Does that time of the month affect your loss at all? I have been doing so well all week and i weighed myself on my own scales this morning and it looks like i may only be down a lb or less even. By time i weigh in tonight it might not be anything at all as im always heavier in the evening time, but just got my things today and feel massive.

Every woman is different when it comes to the time of the month. Every couple of months I'll maintain or maybe a slight gain the week before I get it but will have a loss the week I have it, even if it arrives the same day as weigh in, others will gain, it depends.. They say a woman can gain up to 7lbs.. But look at it this way if it isn't what you hope for tonight it's a fake gain/maintain and will come off you for next week!

Vahevala wrote: »
    Back from holiday, weighing in tomorrow, I did weigh myself on my WW scales, I think I have gained around 2 lbs or 2.5 lbs, so it won't be a surprise!

I hope that this break kickstarts my body because I think I am on a plateau and really want to get moving again. I did consider going back to calorie counting but it is such a faff having to calculate calories so I don't think I can be bothered and I remember I always felt hungry counting the calories as I was eating less! :eek:

I hope you had a nice break away and a break from SW.. Good look at weigh in tomorrow and if you do gain just remember you will get it off again very soon and also how far you have come.

I'd run from calorie counting tbh, but have you tried SP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

m'lady wrote: »
    I hope you had a nice break away and a break from SW.. Good look at weigh in tomorrow and if you do gain just remember you will get it off again very soon and also how far you have come.

I'd run from calorie counting tbh, but have you tried SP?

Thanks, I think I will need a miracle to avoid a gain, ah still, I enjoyed it at the time lol :D

I did try SP before, never really had great results on it to be honest but at this stage, I will try anything. maybe will do a few SP days next week.

My consultant keeps saying you need to have Protein as well as your speed to snack on, I can't afford to do that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice from a Chinese is 8 syns. Replacing black bean sauce for oyster sauce brings it down to 6 syns I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down half a lb. Happy enough as I feel it may show next week. Feel like I'm down more but hopefully that's just hormones affecting that.

2 lbs In 2 weeks so I'm happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Joined SW tonight after being a serial WW girl, did well on WW but doesn't suit time wise with work anymore. Hopefully I'll get that last 5 stone of with SW! Great to have a thread on this :) Just wondering if anyone has nice syn free soup recipies or know where to find them so I can make up some batches for lunch at work? And would veg used in them count as the speed foods? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Joined SW tonight after being a serial WW girl, did well on WW but doesn't suit time wise with work anymore. Hopefully I'll get that last 5 stone of with SW! Great to have a thread on this :) Just wondering if anyone has nice syn free soup recipies or know where to find them so I can make up some batches for lunch at work? And would veg used in them count as the speed foods? Thanks!
    Yes Veg counts as speed. Go back a few pages and I posted a tomato based speed soup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dodge wrote: »
    Yes Veg counts as speed. Go back a few pages and I posted a tomato based speed soup

Just found it, thanks :D I'm going to make up a big batch each week like yourself I think!

Just something my mam wanted me to find out too, we're used to the WW system where you can save up your points for a couple of days then use the extra say for having a few drinks, is this the same with the syns? I'm sure we'll get the hang of all this soon!

I was dreading joining tonight as I was sure I had about 3 stone up after finishing WW and going crazy, but I only had 1st 5lbs up - less work to start out with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Welcome sillymango.
    No you can't do that with SW as that goes against their thinking of binge eating. If you really needed extra syns they say to maybe have a flexi night every now and again and use them for a night out maybe but try not to.

I did ww years ago and have been doing sw now for ages and it's brill. It's totally diff from ww so try and get that way of thinking out of your head and don't compare it. It can take a few weeks to get your head around the plan fully so just shout if you have any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Good choice to join SW. I love this speed soup http://www.lovelygirliebits.com/2014/05/slimming-world-sunday-super-speed-soup.html

All the best for your first week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I made a lovely carrot and coriander soup this week.

Ingredients

1 large onion
    Half a butternut squash
    750g carrots
    1 litre boiling vegetable stock
    1 tsp ground coriander
    Fresh coriander
    Spray oil

Method

1. Sauté the onions in spray oil. Add the squash, carrots, stock and ground coriander.

2. Bring to the boil over a high heat, turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.

3. Take off the heat, cool slightly then pour into a food processor and whizz until smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

4.5lb up today after my honeymoon, was expecting way more, so although I'm not happy with a gain it's what happens when you don't watch what you eat and it has made me more determined. Did win Miss Slinky so pretty proud of that, my husband said I'm collecting the pens now, just have the 2 but kinda want more now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Down 3.5lb :eek: pleasantly surprised!I've spent the week living off eggs, turkey, asparagus, kale, apples and kiwis which was a bit boring but prevented me from straying too far off track. I did however eat a teaspoon of Nutella on Tuesday in a moment of weakness :o

Delighted, lost 1 lb after my break away, finally got rid of that gain and didn't put on when I am away, 1/2 lb away from my 6 stone award and going to try to make more of an effort with the meals to try to get the award next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Down 1.5 lbs this week. I had been away from sw for 2 weeks and was up 2.5 lbs last week. I plan to be better this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 j12gerst4

See if any of the women would be up for a bit of yoga or something. I know my class used go to HOT yoga after the slimming world session. Were still friends now even that i stopped going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 2lbs tonight and finally got my 1.5 stone award.

Can I ask... I may do a few SP days, can I snack on fruit alone or do I have to have protein with it? My consultant mentioned protein with every meal even snacks & breakfast and I can't really afford that..

Can I ask... I may do a few SP days, can I snack on fruit alone or do I have to have protein with it? My consultant mentioned protein with every meal even snacks & breakfast and I can't really afford that..

I got told the same: everything needs to be with protein. That's why I can't do a full SP day only SP meals

I got told the same: everything needs to be with protein. That's why I can't do a full SP day only SP meals

That is too much for me, I would be broke!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's also really hard to snack on protein. I found sp too hard to do. Just not always practical

I'm almost certain my leader said it was fine to snack on just fruit or veg.. I'm going to check with her again on Monday and I'll let you all know.
    I've done a few SP days and didn't snack on protein and had pretty good losses, so maybe you could alter it a bit? At the end of the day you are still cutting out the pasta/rice/potatoes etc and also the yogurts.. That's what I miss most on SP days is my yogurts!

Forgot to write that Peas count as Protein!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You can snack on speed or protein foods on an SP day, just not other free foods ie bananas or yoghurts.

It's also really hard to snack on protein. I found sp too hard to do. Just not always practical

protein snacks would be quark, sliced meats (ham, turkey etc)

Should point out I've never done SP, nor do I intend to.

I've looked in the handbook and as far as I can see it doesn't mention having to snack on protein.
    I wouldn't eat much protein at all and I really should start..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 somedaysoon

Can anyone tell me where I can buy 5% Fat Pork Mince ?? I want to make stuffing balls at the weekend. Iv bought the tesco pack but its 20% fat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Can anyone tell me where I can buy 5% Fat Pork Mince ?? I want to make stuffing balls at the weekend. Iv bought the tesco pack but its 20% fat

I'd say your best bet would be to pop in to the butchers and have them remove most of the fat from a piece of pork and mince it for you, as I seem to remember that there's generally no such thing as low fat pork mince (too dry).
    That or just cut open some Mallon's low fat gluten free sausages and make a sausage meat stuffing?

Can anyone tell me where I can buy 5% Fat Pork Mince ?? I want to make stuffing balls at the weekend. Iv bought the tesco pack but its 20% fat :(

Never seen it here. Wife thinks it's only available in UK (Sainsbury's etc)

Last xmas we made stuffing out of low syn sausages if that's any use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 somedaysoon

OMG I actually never thought of that Guys, ill do that with the sausages.. Still getting use to all the tricks but really enjoying all the cooking.. I find im constantly thinking of food tho lol.....
    Thanks Dee_mc & Dodge :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement