Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well I am in total shock, after getting married last Fri and only getting back on track yesterday I lost 1.5lb this week!! Only thing I can think off is I gained 3.5 last week so maybe I shouldn't have gained that and this week is just evening out??? I dunno but I'm away on honeymoon this weekend and so doubt I'll be so lucky next week. Be grand, I've waited my whole life to loose weight, a few weeks off plan won't kill me, if anything it'll only make me more determined

Lost 1.5lb, gained a husband... Sounds like a pretty good week!
    Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Well I finally reached the 3ST mark.

I have lost 3Stone since January. So happy.

That's 42lb lost in 42.5 weeks. I also don't go to a group so I'm extra happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well I finally reached the 3ST mark.

I have lost 3Stone since January. So happy.

That's 42lb lost in 42.5 weeks. I also don't go to a group so I'm extra happy.

Wow fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

okiss wrote: »
    Hello to every one here.

I had not been in sw for 2 weeks. I am an emotional eater and have been dealing with 2 weeks from hell.
    In the past 2 weeks I have eaten 3 takeaways from the local chipper including a 12 inch pizza, 2 indian takeaways inclucding one with onion bajis and both with nana bread.
    Along with this I have kept King crisps and Cadburys in business.

I decided today that I needed to go back to Slimming World and see just how much damage I had done. I was delighted to hear I was just up 2.5 lbs. The saving grace for me was that I had done some walking and been in the gym.

I have cooked a dinner to bring with me to work tomorrow. I got fresh fruit and yougerts to bring with me also. I want that 2.5 lbs gone next week along with 1 or 2 of it's friends.
    Hope everyone here has a good week.

Hope you have a great week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

3rd weigh in last night, 1.5 down that's 8.5 altogether. I'd be very happy to loose 1.5 per week, hoping I can stay with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 somedaysoon

Hi Everyone, im new to boards.ie and have just started slimming world last Tuesday.. I havent told any of my friends as im sooo afraid of failing again.. Iv so much weight to loose and have really hit rock bottom with how i feel about myself.. Im hoping from next Tuesday ill have a smile on my face because ill have at least 1lb down..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi Everyone, im new to boards.ie and have just started slimming world last Tuesday.. I havent told any of my friends as im sooo afraid of failing again.. Iv so much weight to loose and have really hit rock bottom with how i feel about myself.. Im hoping from next Tuesday ill have a smile on my face because ill have at least 1lb down..

Welcome aboard. Just shout if you have any queries or if we can help you with anything.

Welcome welcome!
    Congrats on taking the first step. The slimming world plan is pretty easy to follow even when eating out so keeping it from your friends for the first while should be very possible. Be prepared to be bursting to talk about it to anyone and everyone in a few weeks time though, when people start telling you how well you're looking and asking if you've done something different with your hair...
    Consider telling your friends you're trying to lose the weight soon though, as you're even more likely to succeed with their help and support...
    Enjoy it and as andreac says, any questions stick em on here, we're very generous with our expertise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Barefoot123

Thanks everyone for the lovely warm welcome😀I was down 1.5lbs Thursday night👍🏻It has taken me a while to get into it. Not because I don't understand it (I feel I know everything about it for all I've learned on here😂) but because I struggle with binge eating. Stayed for meeting which I plan to do every week as I found it great! I am the exact same as you somedaysoon - have failed so many times but I do feel more positive at the moment? Set a target of 2lbs for next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I forgot my lunch twice this week and bought soup. I probably could have made better choices but I got a vine tomato and lentil soup.

Per 100g

Kcal 62
    Fat 1.8
    Carbs 7.7
    Fibre 2.1
    Protein 2.8

The soup contains 40% tomatoes . Do I put it in as a free food on the syn calculator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I forgot my lunch twice this week and bought soup. I probably could have made better choices but I got a vine tomato and lentil soup.

Per 100g

Kcal 62
    Fat 1.8
    Carbs 7.7
    Fibre 2.1
    Protein 2.8

The soup contains 40% tomatoes . Do I put it in as a free food on the syn calculator?

If it's fresh tomatoes and not dried your then yes I'd put it in as free food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Missed last week's weigh in because of a work trip. Nervous about my WI on Thursday. We were in the U.S. for 6 days and it was tough enough trying to eat properly. Super speeding until Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

An amazing loss today of 5 1/2 lbs. Worked hard though. Had a pizza craving today and gave in - got chips and everything. Point is I'll be back on plan tomorrow. I now don't let these things botch up my week or guilt trip me - it was lovely!!

2 stone 9 gone since early July. Had to reset my target - said to her, sure lob another stone off that!! As if it was that easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A bit shocked - down 3.5 tonight :eek: 3lbs to target now.. Hopefully tonight isn't some fluke and I'll jump up next week. The thought of getting to target when I've wanted to quit so many times when things weren't going my way and I was fed up with it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I made a SW lasagne tonight, it was gorgeous! I made the white sauce out of a tub of quark, 2 eggs, a bit of skimmed milk and seasoned with salt and pepper. Topped with light grated cheese from Lidl. Really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Crowned Mr Sleek. Made me feel a bit better knowing there were 4 other men present (and doubly so knowing that one of the women had been telling her fellah about me as a 'Look he's a normal bloke doing it')

Also continued down to my lowest ever weight. That's despite fish and chips and pints on Friday and a meal out with the wife on Saturday

I'm now addicted to quark and frozen berries for breakfast too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dodge wrote: »
    Crowned Mr Sleek. Made me feel a bit better knowing there were 4 other men present (and doubly so knowing that one of the women had been telling her fellah about me as a 'Look he's a normal bloke doing it')

Also continued down to my lowest ever weight. That's despite fish and chips and pints on Friday and a meal out with the wife on Saturday

I'm now addicted to quark and frozen berries for breakfast too

So you look a little different to the last time i seen you:)

Keep it up man !

Down another 3.5 yesterday..................that was after almost 3 bottles of wine on Sunday night:D

.5 away from my one stone.

Great weight loss people!! Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Down 8.5 pounds in 4 weeks I'm delighted :)

• Advertisement

So you look a little different to the last time i seen you:)

Keep it up man !

Hmmm. You'll have to tell me who you are now...

Dodge wrote: »
    Hmmm. You'll have to tell me who you are now...

Ah now i couldn't be doing something like that.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stayed the same again. I haven't been an angel but I haven't been terrible either, I even had a SW ready meal when my husband got chips! I think my body's hitting a bit of a plateau. Hopefully it'll show eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Back from holiday, weighing in tomorrow, I did weigh myself on my WW scales, I think I have gained around 2 lbs or 2.5 lbs, so it won't be a surprise!

I hope that this break kickstarts my body because I think I am on a plateau and really want to get moving again. I did consider going back to calorie counting but it is such a faff having to calculate calories so I don't think I can be bothered and I remember I always felt hungry counting the calories as I was eating less! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 somedaysoon

Well I havent stopped smiling since last night iv a massive 6.5 lbs down in the first week.. im still shocked.. stuck to plan and just cooked properly for the week.. roll on next Tuesday :)

I won't get a chance to weigh in this week (such a busy schedule :P ) but weighed this morning after breakfast on my own scales and it looks like I'm down a pound or two so I'm happy with that... next 3 days will be tough though as I will be away from home and totally out of routine, hope I can keep pretty much on track and resist the inevitable cake temptation!

Congrats somedaysoon, what an amazing first week loss! It's a massive boost isn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gems1985

Hi everyone -
    Is Camille takeaway the lowest syn value for a takeaway night??? :)

gems1985 wrote: »
    Hi everyone -

No idea, the country is bigger than dublin.

Just asking all the ladies in this thread, sorry men, close your eyes ha ha.

Does that time of the month affect your loss at all? I have been doing so well all week and i weighed myself on my own scales this morning and it looks like i may only be down a lb or less even. By time i weigh in tonight it might not be anything at all as im always heavier in the evening time, but just got my things today and feel massive.

• Advertisement

gems1985 wrote: »
    Hi everyone -

I know they have a "lighter" menu but even then they're fairly high

http://www.camile.ie/camile-menu.html#lighter

20 cals is one syn (roughly) so at least they give that figure

I've been told that generally black bean sauce in a chinese is the lowest syn value and if you have boiled rice it's not too bad

I'd still look at it as a treat night though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement