Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Welcome barefoot. If you need any help or advice on the plan just shout. Hope your first week is going well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

m'lady wrote: »
    Thank you tickingclock! I'm so happy, I never, ever thought I'd get this far, I've struggled with my weight for years, and joined ww and sw too many times that I care to remember and never stuck at it!

I've been doing SP for a couple of days each week and I find it's definitely helping me. I find dinners a bit awkward, as I'm a non meat and fish eater.. What do you have for dinner on these days?
    I'm sure you will get a result next week :)

I'm afraid I'm a big meat and fish eater so therfore if I have steak I have lots of speed veg with it and it's not unlike a regular idea. I'm very open to any non meat or fish ideas? I've no ideas for no meat or fish.
    I was down two pounds today. I was thrilled. 4.5 pounds to target which I'm determined to get my Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

First day back on plan today, had a great weekend but I am so glad to be getting back to normal, craving fruit and veg yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

No weigh in for me this week, I did weigh in today at home and according to my scales, I had a loss this week but shall take it with a pinch of salt just in case lol.

I am off on my holidays tonight so I shall be somewhat off plan for a few days, I may have breakfast on plan, if I gain when I get back, I do... no point stressing :) Everyone needs a break now & then!

On the non scale victory front, I bought a pair of black trousers yesterday, size 10... :D I used to wear size 26 :o:eek:

Welcome along Barefoot123 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Vahevala wrote: »
    No weigh in for me this week, I did weigh in today at home and according to my scales, I had a loss this week but shall take it with a pinch of salt just in case lol.

I am off on my holidays tonight so I shall be somewhat off plan for a few days, I may have breakfast on plan, if I gain when I get back, I do... no point stressing :) Everyone needs a break now & then!

On the non scale victory front, I bought a pair of black trousers yesterday, size 10... :D I used to wear size 26 :o:eek:

Welcome along Barefoot123 :)

That's a mega non scales victory. Enjoy the well deserved break. Congrats on all your success at slimming world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Weighing in tonight after 10 days in America. To say I'm dreading those scales is the understatement of the century. I had a dream the other night that said I had an 8lb gain. I'll take it but I'll need to put in one hell of a week next week. But the only thing is I'm going to go and see what the damage is and not put it off for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Wellyd wrote: »
    Weighing in tonight after 10 days in America. To say I'm dreading those scales is the understatement of the century. I had a dream the other night that said I had an 8lb gain. I'll take it but I'll need to put in one hell of a week next week. But the only thing is I'm going to go and see what the damage is and not put it off for another week.

And as soon as you back on plan you will lose it again. It might be that worse as you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

And as soon as you back on plan you will lose it again. It might be that worse as you think!

Agree with this - I was up 4lbs the week I came back from holsand it was gone the next week!

Stayed the same.........I can't believe it. I'm in complete and total shock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Stayed the same.........I can't believe it. I'm in complete and total shock

Wow that's fantastic, well done! Get back on track now in case it does try and catch up with you!

• Advertisement

Wow that's fantastic, well done! Get back on track now in case it does try and catch up with you!

100% on track now for Christmas! Starting boxercise tomorrow night aswell. I feel like I'd be much smaller if I toned up more so hopefully that'll help!

100% on track now for Christmas! Starting boxercise tomorrow night aswell. I feel like I'd be much smaller if I toned up more so hopefully that'll help!

I love boxercise! I need to tone up a little bit too, might start back at it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Stayed the same, hoping for 1 pound loss next week to get my shiny shiny 5 stone award... oh crap just realised I meant to book a holiday for next week, eek maybe I will make it to a group at some stage next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Somehow lost a pound this week, despite it being challenging with lots of travelling and not a whole lot of control over my food at times. I guess making good choices the rest of the time still pays off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

First week back and was down 1.5. Thought I would be down more as was totally on plan and felt like I'd lost bit more than that. But I'm still happy. If I was down that every week id be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Hello to every one here.

I had not been in sw for 2 weeks. I am an emotional eater and have been dealing with 2 weeks from hell.
    In the past 2 weeks I have eaten 3 takeaways from the local chipper including a 12 inch pizza, 2 indian takeaways inclucding one with onion bajis and both with nana bread.
    Along with this I have kept King crisps and Cadburys in business.

I decided today that I needed to go back to Slimming World and see just how much damage I had done. I was delighted to hear I was just up 2.5 lbs. The saving grace for me was that I had done some walking and been in the gym.

I have cooked a dinner to bring with me to work tomorrow. I got fresh fruit and yougerts to bring with me also. I want that 2.5 lbs gone next week along with 1 or 2 of it's friends.
    Hope everyone here has a good week.

okiss wrote: »
    Hello to every one here.

I had not been in sw for 2 weeks. I am an emotional eater and have been dealing with 2 weeks from hell.
    In the past 2 weeks I have eaten 3 takeaways from the local chipper including a 12 inch pizza, 2 indian takeaways inclucding one with onion bajis and both with nana bread.
    Along with this I have kept King crisps and Cadburys in business.

I decided today that I needed to go back to Slimming World and see just how much damage I had done. I was delighted to hear I was just up 2.5 lbs. The saving grace for me was that I had done some walking and been in the gym.

I have cooked a dinner to bring with me to work tomorrow. I got fresh fruit and yougerts to bring with me also. I want that 2.5 lbs gone next week along with 1 or 2 of it's friends.
    Hope everyone here has a good week.

Good on you for going back, not easy. Hope you have a great week with wonderful results :)

Was at the cinema tonight and brought my own little 'picnic', 2 hifi bars (HEB), 3 mandarins and an apple plus a diet 7up! I actually checked the syns of what I previously would have got and I was shocked!

On another note I was told today that I had been nominated for 'Miss Slinky'! Alongside 3 other girls.. Was delighted but am confused about the whole thing, like what reasons do people nominate a person? Also it was said that the winner would be announced next week, I know I won't win but am just wondering how the winner is decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Our group were told to nominate someone in the group that "inspired them" and that was as specific as it got

I got nominated for Mr Slinky. I presume because I'm the only bloke that stays in group any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

Two ladies talk

You know, I lost 800 calories yesterday....

Oohh... I want the same. Please dictate, I will write it down for myself...

... No need, nothing to write down...
    I put a chicken in the owen and forgot to switch owen off....

• Advertisement

The Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek thing is just a little honour within the group, the lady who won it in our group has lost over 5.5 stone in about 8 months and truly is inspirational! The man who won Mr Sleek is one of our only regular attending men and an important part of the group, always good craic during image therapy too!
    I think it's lovely to be nominated for these things, everything is a boost that might help you along the way :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think it's lovely to be nominated for these things, everything is a boost that might help you along the way :)

Nooooooooo I hate it - my friend nominates me to annoy me lol! :P

tk123 wrote: »
    Nooooooooo I hate it - my friend nominates me to annoy me lol! :P

Yeah I kind of meant it's lovely for other people, I would see it as an honour for them and blah blah blah but when it's me I'm morto! Morto with just a sprinkling of pleasedand proud, but yeah mostly morto. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It means I'll probably not be allowed sit in group in my tatty "weigh in" tracksuit bottoms now.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of meant it's lovely for other people, I would see it as an honour for them and blah blah blah but when it's me I'm morto! Morto with just a sprinkling of pleasedand proud, but yeah mostly morto. :P

Speaking is cringe worthy enough but so glad I didn't win and have to get my photo taken wearing a sash lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We did nominations and voting the same day so no-one knew if they were nominated (except the winners)

One of my favourite things about SW is that I'm not eating "diet food". I had a turkey and cheese sandwich for my breakfast with fruit for dessert and we'll probably get a Chinese layer, all on plan :)

I'm morto too but chuffed at the same time! There was 3 other girls nominated and I'm wondering will the 4 of us have to talk next week or something? How is the winner decided?

I'm morto too but chuffed at the same time! There was 3 other girls nominated and I'm wondering will the 4 of us have to talk next week or something? How is the winner decided?

With ours it was all done on the one night because of the BH (our group is on Monday). So why did you join SW, why do you like it etc etc Then everyone voted for who they wanted to win. Winner got a sash and pen and we all got a little achievement certificate for being nominated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

For anyone who likes using some syns on crisps - hula hoop pufts (3.5 syns per pack) are on offer in dunnes.

Usually 2.40 for a six pack. now three euro for THREE six packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Well I am in total shock, after getting married last Fri and only getting back on track yesterday I lost 1.5lb this week!! Only thing I can think off is I gained 3.5 last week so maybe I shouldn't have gained that and this week is just evening out??? I dunno but I'm away on honeymoon this weekend and so doubt I'll be so lucky next week. Be grand, I've waited my whole life to loose weight, a few weeks off plan won't kill me, if anything it'll only make me more determined

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement