Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Yes it was frylite ofcourse. So before meals i should eat fruit and its kinda ok then to have a nice meal after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

With your meal it should be 1/3 veg or fruit. Did you not sit in on the class talk for new members? Have you got the book?

It can take a while to get your head around the plan sometimes so just keep referring to your book or online too, lots of great recipes etc on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Got my stone award today so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Down 7.5 pounds this week. Slimming World is fantastic.
    Started first week in October 2013, I've lost 11 stone 3 pounds. Yippee. Delighted.

Sorry but im calling bs on that , unless u were 30 stone at the start . It seems to big a number to lose in 8 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Was my first week in sw, lost 4,5 pounds!!! Ate loads and still lost weight. Im not too big at all, under 12 stones. I guess i wont loose much next week but hope to keep in track at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 phonejabber

Sorry but im calling bs on that , unless u were 30 stone at the start . It seems to big a number to lose in 8 months

Thats a bit harsh!! it is more than achievable - i lost 4 stone in 6 months going from 15 to 11 stone so i dont see why someone large could lose even more. Well done dobbs2210!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Thats a bit harsh!! it is more than achievable - i lost 4 stone in 6 months going from 15 to 11 stone so i dont see why someone large could lose even more. Well done dobbs2210!!

Starting weight was 26 stone 7 pounds.
    Some people cannot hack the success of others. Don't hate......Congratulate....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Some people cannot hack the success of others. Don't hate......Congratulate....!!

Well said, Dobbs, and very well done! Still struggling here, but encouraged by your success!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Up 1 this week. So disappointed, I was only .5 away from my 3 stone award. And I'm out 2 nights this weekend so I'm expecting another gain next week. It's so frustrating when life gets in the way of the losses :(

• Advertisement

I dont hate

Just the mind boggles with the fact u lost 12 stone in 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cailin_milis

Down 7.5 pounds this week. Slimming World is fantastic.
    Started first week in October 2013, I've lost 11 stone 3 pounds. Yippee. Delighted.

That's a phenomenal achievement, you should be really proud. It's a life-changing weightloss. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

maria34 wrote: »
    Was my first week in sw, lost 4,5 pounds!!! Ate loads and still lost weight. Im not too big at all, under 12 stones. I guess i wont loose much next week but hope to keep in track at least.

Well done.

First week is always quite high and it levels out from there on in. My first week was 2.5lbs and it's been consistently that since. I like slow and low and steady. It's healthier
    I dont hate

Just the mind boggles with the fact u lost 12 stone in 8 months

Not really. It's actually quite common. 26 stone is quite heavy so I am sure you can understand the meaning of the OP having the weight to lose. Do you partake in Slimming World yourself ?

Had an absolute disaster of a week up 4lbs

JillyQ wrote: »
    Had an absolute disaster of a week up 4lbs

You need to be able to have a life aswell. Don't fret it. Just put your head down for next week ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

In 2012 I went from 17.5 stone to 13.5 stone in less than two months. That's roughly half a stone every week. Dieticians will recommend against that rate of loss, but it's certainly possible. I wasn't doing Slimming World. I just had a 100% clean, low calorie diet, and I done nearly 4 hours of cardio a week.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Well done.

First week is always quite high and it levels out from there on in. My first week was 2.5lbs and it's been consistently that since. I like slow and low and steady. It's healthier

Not really. It's actually quite common. 26 stone is quite heavy so I am sure you can understand the meaning of the OP having the weight to lose. Do you partake in Slimming World yourself ?

I do

Im currently 22stone bang on

MugMugs wrote: »
    You need to be able to have a life aswell. Don't fret it. Just put your head down for next week ! :)

I knew i was going to up just a bit fed up with myself. Anyhow back on track today.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

That is a phenomenal loss in a short time. To be still losing such large amounts still on a weekly basis is really unusual when following the SW plan. Do you use your syn allowance? Do you follow the 2/3 free 1/3 superfree?

I do

Im currently 22stone bang on

The best of luck with your journey so. I hope you're loss is as successful as above :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Got my 3 stone award tonight and to say I'm delighted is an understatement! I was expecting a little gain after a big weekend so was very pleasantly surprised! I have never felt better and I still can't believe it has been so easy with slimming world. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hello all.. Well done on all your weight losses.. mind boggling how quickly some have lost a great amount.. well done is what i say!! you motivate the rest of us!!!

lost 1.5 lbs last ni in sw.. 9.5lbs in 3 weeks! Delighted with myself.. :o) did a SAS this week to help with emotional eating.. helped somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hi
    I'm thinking of joining slimming world. I wanted to loose weight just doing it myself but that's not working for me I can get a stone down but then I just get lazy and put it back up again. I would like to loose about 6 stone altogether.
    I find I eat little during the day and go over borde at nite and I have such a sweet tooth I love chocolate and crisps and we always have takeaway Saturday nite can I still have this in moderation of course. Also how much butter and mayo can u have I use low fat all the time? Thanks any advice ??

hbonbr wrote: »
    Just had a disastrous holiday, up eight and a half pounds! Back on the straight and narrow now, though!

It's great that you're open about it though. Couple of people in my SW class - when they've gained, they ask the consultant/tutor/whatever the title is, to not call them out to the group.

I think it's a bit silly, myself. It's good that you're acknowledging you've put on a few pound. Personally, if it were me, I'd rather come back from holiday a stone heavier and after having a great time, than a pound lighter and miserable thinking of all the food I wanted to eat but restricted myself from.

Always make the most of a holiday. You'll get the 8.5lbs off soon enough :)

That's an enormous loss and if it's accurate, I both thoroughly applaud your effort :) but also feel a bit sorry for you cos I know that's going to be extremely difficult to maintain. :o

Sometime last year, or the year before, I dropped a stone in a week. Needless to say it took a lot of very hard work. Of course, such dedication wasn't feasible to maintain, so when I started relaxing my exercise and diet, the stone was back in the following 2-3 weeks.

I can completely understand where Eircom Sucks is coming from. It is a bit of an over-the-top loss, but you're obviously putting the work in, so fair play.

I weighed in tonight, and I was down 4.5lbs. This brings me to my current weight of 15st 13.5lbs. So I'm in the 15's by the skin of my teeth.

I started keeping an eye on my weight about 5 years ago (random bursts of exercise and dieting here and there, but always kept an eye on my weight, just out of curiousity, even when i wasnt doing anything about it). I'm pretty certain that this is the first time in those 5 years that I've seen 15 on a scale. so I'm pleased with that.

My history of SW so far is;

(I started my weight loss efforts 4 weeks before joining SW, so my 1st week of SW was my 5th week of eating right and exercising):

Weight 4 weeks before SW: 18st 11lbs
    SW Week 1: 18st 2lbs (Start Weight)
    SW Week 2: 17st 6lbs (-10)
    SW Week 3: 17st 2lbs (-4)
    SW Week 4: 17st 0.5lbs (-1.5)
    SW Week 5: 16st 9lbs (-5.5)
    SW Week 6: 16st 12lbs (+3)
    SW Week 7: 16st 4lbs (-8)
    SW Week 8: 16st 3lbs (-1)
    SW Week 9: 16st 4lbs (+1)
    SW Week 10: 15st 13.5lbs (-4.5)

So if I was 18st 11lbs on the 21st of April. So that's what... 13 weeks? And in that time I've lost, despite the odd gain here and there, 2st 11.5lbs?

My mathematical abilities are atrocious, but I think those numbers are right. Works out at an average of 3lbs per week? :confused:

Crappy maths efforts aside, I'm a relatively happy camper, all in all.

I'm intent on trying to get 4.5lbs off this week, to get the 2.5 stone award (meaning I'll weigh in at 15st 9lbs). I'd be thrilled with that, but I think I'd be getting too optimistic.

However, I have put my name down for a 10k run that I know I'm not able to physically do, so that's in a month's time, which means over the next 4 weeks, I should be working out for that, which will hopefully help me out with my weight, too. :)

As an aside, I know I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I'm still reading it and enjoying it. Ye guys are great :)

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm thinking of joining slimming world. I wanted to loose weight just doing it myself but that's not working for me I can get a stone down but then I just get lazy and put it back up again. I would like to loose about 6 stone altogether.
    I find I eat little during the day and go over borde at nite and I have such a sweet tooth I love chocolate and crisps and we always have takeaway Saturday nite can I still have this in moderation of course. Also how much butter and mayo can u have I use low fat all the time? Thanks any advice ??

Personally, I find the eating plan a bit too simplistic, with SW. I calorie count, but i use the SW system as a food pyramid of sorts (as SW does encourage healthy eating, to be fair).

I find that the best thing you can do is bite the bullet and join a class. Stay, get to know the faces and go from there.

I find that having a weekly weigh in, publicly, makes you a lot more accountable and responsible for your eating actions. But that could be just me.

If you do join up, don't worry about butter or mayo. Keep using them and work on the takeaways, chocolate, etc first. If you strip everything you like away at once, you won't stick it cos you'll get fed up of it overnight. Tackle the bigger issues first and keep the smaller treats, and work on them over time. That's what I'd do, anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

My first weigh in after starting. I lost 2 pounds. I was a bit disappointed. I thought I would lose more somehow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

dont worry auldgranny. for everybody it is diffrent (my friend who started at the same time with me lost 2lbs too in her first week). but it is defo worth doing your food diary every day and then give it to your group Consultant to check :-)

auldgranny wrote: »
    My first weigh in after starting. I lost 2 pounds. I was a bit disappointed. I thought I would lose more somehow :(

Try not get disheartened. Just think, in less than 2 months if you had 2 off every week that's a stone.

We all want big losses, but sometimes our bodies don't lose loads in one week.

It can also take a while to really get to grips with the plan and you might need a bit of time to get your head around it, but just think of how much 2 lbs of fat looks like or two lbs of sausages, its quite a bit when you look at it that way so be proud of your loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

andreac wrote: »
    Try not get disheartened. Just think, in less than 2 months if you had 2 off every week that's a stone.

We all want big losses, but sometimes our bodies don't lose loads in one week.

It can also take a while to really get to grips with the plan and you might need a bit of time to get your head around it, but just think of how much 2 lbs of fat looks like or two lbs of sausages, its quite a bit when you look at it that way so be proud of your loss :)

Well when you put it that way it definitely sounds way better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

• Advertisement

down a 1lb happy enough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement