Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cooler than yesterday, still managed 22C tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Kilkenny has been covered by a thick blanket of fog for about 30 of the last 48 hours! Sun has been threatening to break through, but no joy yet :mad:

Can anyone tell me if tomorrow will be any better for the south east? or can we expect much the same? I'm most concerned with wind/raid/night temperatures to be honest! Camping tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lovely sunny day here again after the cloud broke up around 1pm, not as good as yesterday but a respectable max of 20.1C

Tomorrow is looking wet everywhere I'm afraid, might have cleared away by night time though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

For the first time this week....I can actually see bits of blue sky amid the cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

For the first time this week....I can actually see bits of blue sky amid the cloud.

I thought that earlier but it turned out to be really really dark clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

I thought that earlier but it turned out to be really really dark clouds.

lol, time to prepare the noose!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

dark drizzly overcast around where i am in south tipp the last few days , no sunshine yet anyway ..

o roll on winter !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Waterford has been bleak, drizzly and dreary for the past few days.
    Got a hint of sun this evening for about twenty mins before even darker clouds rolled in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

not funny any more, and it's supposed to lash tomorrow in cork.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Waterford has been bleak, drizzly and dreary for the past few days.
    Got a hint of sun this evening for about twenty mins before even darker clouds rolled in :(

OMG! can't believe I missed the only 20mins of sun we got all week :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    not funny any more, and it's supposed to lash tomorrow in cork.:(

Yup. Looking forward to it. :) The heavier the better, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

gbee wrote: »
    Yup. Looking forward to it. :) The heavier the better, I say.

yeah bring it on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

forecast looking quite good for Dublin and the East tomorrow, 22C hopefully it will stay dry till the late evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

19c at Dublin Airport at 2100 !! -extraordinary.
    I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday's 25.6c is equaled or even bettered tomorrow at Casement or the Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Max today was 22.4C at Dublin Airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The sun set behind the clouds, appeared for a short period today, so after it set the sky decided to become cloud free...Hope it lasts for most of tomorrow before therain arrives.

A lovely night for getting out the telescope.

Min wrote: »
    A lovely night for getting out the telescope.

What one do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

What one do you have?

A Celestron nexstar 8se. I would have gotten it out but I need to get a new finderscope for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Mothman wrote: »
    DE, the max temp at Malin Head in April was 20.8C on 22nd

The max on 28th April was 15.7C!

The ogimet figure is erroneous :)

Thanks for that MM. This is not the first time I have been stung by downloading and taking Ogimet's data set at face value!!

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ord=REV&ndays=30&ano=2011&mes=04&day=29&hora=12&ind=03980

Should have double checked the value on met.ie before posting :rolleyes: but my main point still stands regardless in that the last 2 summers were pitiful, not only in terms of decent temperatures but also regards thunderstorm frequency and intensity which, for the sake of forum decency and decorum, I'd better stay quiet about! :mad:

Thanks for that MM. This is not the first time I have been stung by downloading and taking Ogimet's data set at face value!!

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&ord=REV&ndays=30&ano=2011&mes=04&day=29&hora=12&ind=03980

Should have double checked the value on met.ie before posting :rolleyes: but my main point still stands regardless in that the last 2 summers were pitiful, not only in terms of decent temperatures but also regards thunderstorm frequency and intensity which, for the sake of forum decency and decorum, I'd better stay quiet about! :mad:

To be fair to Ogimet, there was an error in the original 18Z synop report that was communicated by Met Éireann on the global telecommunication system. They obviously spotted that in their quality checks and have ammended it on their site, but it remains on ogimet's database, who get their data fom NOAA.

AAXX 28181 03980 35980 /1007 10135 20040 30185 40210 57008
    333 10231=

Max temp 23.1 C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Su Campu wrote: »
    To be fair to Ogimet, there was an error in the original 18Z synop report that was communicated by Met Éireann on the global telecommunication system. They obviously spotted that in their quality checks and have ammended it on their site, but it remains on ogimet's database, who get their data fom NOAA.

AAXX 28181 03980 35980 /1007 10135 20040 30185 40210 57008
    333 10231=

Max temp 23.1 C

Absolutely. My comment was not so much a criticism of Ogimet as such but more directed towards myself for not double checking the actual max value on met.ie. Even a quick look at the data in the temperature group of the Malin Head synop reports during the afternoon of the 28th April it would be have been hard to see how a max of 23.1c could have occurred:

10139 (1600 UTC)

For anyone who is downloading and using large data sets from Ogimet, my advice (which I should have heeded myself!) is always double check unusually high or low readings of any element against official sources in case such readings are erroneous as in the case above.

is always double check unusually high or low readings of any element against official sources in case such readings are erroneous as in the case above.

For the record, I've discovered why my own station station has some of it's spikes ~ CB radio!!!!

It's not the only cause but I'd not have expected a 27MHz signal to interfere with a 400 or 800MHz signal ~ but it does.

After a recent particularly active evening of DX contacts my WS Temperature was over 250°C and as low as -47° and I also had 275kmh winds = ;)

I'm sure now too that Taxi, Gardai and other emergency radio communications also interfere with it occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

This thread aint dead and buried yet!!
    20c and if it stays sunny a 21 or 22c (over 70 old style:)) is possible later.
    It actually feels much warmer in the balmy breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Outside chance of beating the Dublin Airport Oct record high of 21.2c from 1971...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

For the record, I've discovered why my own station station has some of it's spikes ~ CB radio!!!!

It's not the only cause but I'd not have expected a 27MHz signal to interfere with a 400 or 800MHz signal ~ but it does.

After a recent particularly active evening of DX contacts my WS Temperature was over 250°C and as low as -47° and I also had 275kmh winds = ;)

I'm sure now too that Taxi, Gardai and other emergency radio communications also interfere with it occasionally.

Never even thought of that, my station suffers mad spikes from time to time also.... my Yaesu is sitting right beside the weather station receiver and I use it on 2m and 70cm. Feck's sake, how did I not cop that... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Its weird how warm the strong breeze is though!... have all the windows open and there IS a draft but its not cooling the house down at all! :(

Thought i heard rain but it was just the breeze blowing ALL the leaves down the road, sounded cool! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

21.6C today, first time to record 20C in October. 12 years of records.

Also 4th highest temp of year.
    with 2 days in August and 25th June having higher temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

it sort of is actually :/ supposed to get much colder around wednesday ending our mini indian summer. temps for oct will go below average with frosts over all of ireland :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3849382/Snow-to-hit-UK-by-Friday-as-heatwave-ends.html daily highs will be around 9 degrees or lower over most of us and the uk.feeling colder now in dublin,darker and wetter too. btw could someone tell me what days were nice like hot and sunny in dublin over the past week. I am just back from disney paris and it was boiling there. went on thursday and back now. bout 25-28 degrees there clear blue skies so summery so nice on thur,fri and sat but much cooler sun bout 20 degrees sunday.so is this def the end of indi summer, is autumn in full swing now or could we see another mini indi summer:D

20.4 °C the max at Dublin Airport today.

20.1 at Oak Park, 19.9 at Casement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

bb1234567 wrote: »
    it sort of is actually :/ supposed to get much colder around wednesday ending our mini indian summer. temps for oct will go below average with frosts over all of ireland :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3849382/Snow-to-hit-UK-by-Friday-as-heatwave-ends.html daily highs will be around 9 degrees or lower over most of us and the uk.feeling colder now in dublin,darker and wetter too. btw could someone tell me what days were nice like hot and sunny in dublin over the past week. I am just back from disney paris and it was boiling there. went on thursday and back now. bout 25-28 degrees there clear blue skies so summery so nice on thur,fri and sat but much cooler sun bout 20 degrees sunday.so is this def the end of indi summer, is autumn in full swing now or could we see another mini indi summer:D

hold on, you were on the winter thread last week looking for snow, change your tune now with the nice mild weather, its amazing what a bit of sun will do ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement