Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk of very warm and sunny weather next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bb1234567 wrote: »
    it sort of is actually :/ supposed to get much colder around wednesday ending our mini indian summer. temps for oct will go below average with frosts over all of ireland :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3849382/Snow-to-hit-UK-by-Friday-as-heatwave-ends.html daily highs will be around 9 degrees or lower over most of us and the uk.feeling colder now in dublin,darker and wetter too. btw could someone tell me what days were nice like hot and sunny in dublin over the past week. I am just back from disney paris and it was boiling there. went on thursday and back now. bout 25-28 degrees there clear blue skies so summery so nice on thur,fri and sat but much cooler sun bout 20 degrees sunday.so is this def the end of indi summer, is autumn in full swing now or could we see another mini indi summer:D

The Sun isn't exactly famous as a weather forecasting agency, watch what sources you quote from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Two days in a row with the exact same high temperature of 19.0C.

Which made them warmer than the days when we were suppose to get proper heat, only for mist, cloud and fog to spoil it.
    18.2C was the highest temperature here when Dublin was breaking records.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

hold on, you were on the winter thread last week looking for snow, change your tune now with the nice mild weather, its amazing what a bit of sun will do ;)

well I'll always take snow over any other kind of weather:P and obviously because its so early in october there is no chance of snow yet and the next best thing to snow is sunny hot weather:) so seeing as there wont be snow til round nov/dec I may as well wish for nice not weather better than dull,chilly and wet any day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

The Sun isn't exactly famous as a weather forecasting agency, watch what sources you quote from.

ye i know that ;) there so sensatinalist and tabloid like!!and i knnow it may not be true but there are a few newspapers saying temperatures will drop a lot next week with frosts and snow in highlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It looks like temperatures will be climbing above normal again after the chilly snap

• Advertisement

Rtavn1861.png

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

what exactly would that bring ??

Temperatures well above normal, good sunny spells in the Dublin area but more cloudy elsewhere - a bit like last week's mini heatwave but temperatures obviously not as high. 8 days away though, borderline FI.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I wouldn't say well above normal. High teens maybe but even that's pushing it. At least it'll be dry though, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Temperatures well above normal, good sunny spells in the Dublin area but more cloudy elsewhere - a bit like last week's mini heatwave but temperatures obviously not as high. 8 days away though, borderline FI.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

NIALL D wrote: »
    what exactly would that bring ??

Cloud and drizzle in the south and west coastal areas.
    Mild with some sun in eastern counties (Dublin and Wicklow most likely due to Wicklow mountain effect)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rtavn1861.png

Wouldn't be getting too excited about this 8 days out. At that time frame the GFS model and others have shown similar charts all through the summer and into September and they rarely have materialized. Maybe they will finally get it right this time ;)

Hi Mick i see your location has changed. Holiday or gone for good?
    Isn't that your station active on Irish weather network?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hi Mick i see your location has changed. Holiday or gone for good?
    Isn't that your station active on Irish weather network?

Have been here since early September.More of a semi holiday but also business to take care of. Due back in Ireland in early December. Yes that's still my station running away back home in my absence :)

Have been here since early September.More of a semi holiday but also business to take care of. Due back in Ireland in early December. Yes that's still my station running away back home in my absence :)

So does 30c everyday get boring :D

So does 30c everyday get boring :D

After the awful summer we had i'm enjoying the glorious 30 plus temps every day. Being a weather fan though it is kinda boring having the same type of weather all the time. In saying that they do get extremes here like Typhoons and heavy rain. A few days ago in the North East of the island they had 1500mm of rain in 48 hours. Luckily in the south where i am we got hardly nothing :)

This thread aint dead and buried yet!!
    What did I tell yiz?
    Another 20c on my thermometer today and I think temperatures will be creeping up towards 20 as soon as Saturday (where I am anyway!) as a Tm airmass heads our way.
    It's interesting to note that on 6 out of the last 9 nine days the temp has hit 20c or above at Dublin Airport - during August the temp only got above 20 on 3 days and during July on 8 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Dublin peaked at 19.5 °C today, Casement 19.2 °C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

And screen max of 19.6C here in Ashford

Su Campu wrote: »
    ...... and the Phoenix Park peaked at 20.8c.
    I know the Airport is the "official" Dublin temperature but it doesn't really represent the actual temperature in the city. I should know as I'm approx 5km from the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Su Campu wrote: »

A whole 11°C today. What a difference a day makes.

I think temperatures will be creeping up towards 20 as soon as Saturday (where I am anyway!) as a Tm airmass heads our way./QUOTE]
    Airport 18c : me 19c :D
    I wonder if the Phoeno will hit 20 today?

20.2C max in Ashford today.

Mothman wrote: »
    20.2C max in Ashford today.
    so I don't think it will be snowing in Rathdrum tonight!

well not the icy flake stuff :D

18.0c atm :eek:

Actually risen a little during past hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto that, I noticed that the temps was rising since early evening, just stepped outside and its like mid summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

This thread gets my vote for the best thread title on Boards. It makes me giggle every time I read it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wasn't a big freeze on the way? :D

A big freeze on the way? where? when?
    M.E. say temperatures this week will be 3.5c above average :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

A warm week for most, about 10mm of rain for the south east and upto 100mm rainfall for the north west according to the Met Eireann farming forecast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement