Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Logistics, no venue available for the tour, wont make any $$$$ coming here etc

If Download was to be the sole UK and Ire show on the tour than it may help tickets sell for the festival

My pref for an irish venue

1 Aviva Stadium
    2 3Arena
    3 Croke Park
    4 New Stadium in Cork
    5 Thomond Park

yesterday was the 6th Anniversary of the eventful 2010 Dublin show. What a balls of a night that was. 2 years later they played again and were brillent (Axl was in the 3arena a few hours the show and actually done a soundcheck that year, Thin Lizzy supported)

But why wouldn't there be a venue available, I haven't seen any of the stadiums booked out for Summer concerts 2017 and why wouldn't they make money? The show would obviously sell out. Makes no sense to me. I'm sure if they really want to play here they will make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Don't freak out, I'm sure they'll come here at some point..

Also are people still pissed about the Dublin show 6 years ago yesterday? Jeez I don't know what's worse, people who are still hurt over that show, or the Henry handball in November 2009.

Besides look at the brightside, Axl came back and made up for 2010 show in May 2012, when he easily could've said "**** Ireland, **** Dublin, we ain't never coming back here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I'd say more like Lord Henry dropped the ball in 2009 Slane! Well..dublin bus and the gardí. That's why I never want to go back to Slane...I'm yabbering on now but I was reminded the other day of the way thousands of people were funneled in on the Dublin side. It felt and was dangerous. Anyways I'm pretty confident they'll play Ireland. As people have said, it makes zero sense not to. Wasn't the show in 2006 a Download thang? Might be something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pinkpop, send the organiser said Pearl Jam are playing. Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mushy wrote: »

Eh? It sounds good, but it doesn't make sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Eh? It sounds good, but it doesn't make sense!

Bloody dodgy predictive. Send should be and. If it is GNR and PJ, it makes a very compelling argument to go and not care bout rest of the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Bloody dodgy predictive. Send should be and. If it is GNR and PJ, it makes a very compelling argument to go and not care bout rest of the lineup.

Wouldn't be much of a surprise with the two bands getting together as duff and Mike mc creedy have a band together called the levee walkers
    And also I remember reading on the Chinese whispers site that Axl and Eddie Vedder were trying to collaborate on something in late 90s early 2000s but never came to anything.

Wouldn't be much of a surprise with the two bands getting together as duff and Mike mc creedy have a band together called the levee walkers
    And also I remember reading on the Chinese whispers site that Axl and Eddie Vedder were trying to collaborate on something in late 90s early 2000s but never came to anything.

I've read those Chinese Whispers, and saw nothing about Axl & Eddie colloborating, though I remember ex Pearl Jam drummer Dave Abbruzzese being brought in by Axl to rehearse in '97

According to the GUNS OVER OZ - Australian Guns N' Roses Fans FB Page, an Axl & Duff interview is set to air in Brazil on Sunday.
    NEWS ALERT: This will be very interesting and a must watch! The first interview with Duff & Axl in over 20 years together airs this Sunday. We're hoping our South American friends will be watching and keeping us updated. Looks like Eddie Trunk missed out on the exclusive... Here's hoping the guys will want to talk to us in the coming months #gunsoveroz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've read those Chinese Whispers, and saw nothing about Axl & Eddie colloborating, though I remember ex Pearl Jam drummer Dave Abbruzzese being brought in by Axl to rehearse in '97

I'll try and find where I read it I'm nearly sure I read it there couldn't of dreamt it I think.

• Advertisement

I'll try and find where I read it I'm nearly sure I read it there couldn't of dreamt it I think.

Gonna have a re-read of Chinese Whispers myself now, definitely the best timeline on the whole classic Guns implosion/making of Chinese Democracy I've ever read.

Nah can't find it anywhere
    I reckon I read somewhere that Axl was in to pearl jam and would like to work with Eddie probably only as a passing comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-finally-reveals-izzy-stradlin-steven-adler-arent-guns-n-roses/

Well that was interesting, especially Axl's comments about Izzy who just seems to be the same maverick he always was! They clearly asked Izzy to join and then.. ah who the hell knows what happened after that! He'll show up eventually, would be great if it was in Ireland :)

The Slash stuff...well it was great to hear Axl just talk about him without any bitterness. Hopefully we get to see them chatting together soon.

Well, looks like we won't be seeing Izzy on stage with the others anytime soon!

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/773679504044625920

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well, looks like we won't be seeing Izzy on stage with the others anytime soon!

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/773679504044625920

Shame it will never be the real deal without him

Shame it will never be the real deal without him

We're going on very little info here but did he really think they were going to split the loot equally?? I'm a huge admirer of Izzy and what he brought to the band but he left in 1991!

The band made a $117 million dollars on their 9 week "Not In This Lifetime" tour from June through to August.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/touring/7503437/guns-n-roses-reunited-return-to-the-road-earns-117-million-and

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

We're going on very little info here but did he really think they were going to split the loot equally?? I'm a huge admirer of Izzy and what he brought to the band but he left in 1991!

A founder of the band and at the core period of their success that people craved for them to revisit, Guns N Roses essentially ended when touring was done in '93. So for not partaking in the year and a half of mental touring back then, give him a pay cut if he comes back to the table sounds pretty crappy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pay fair you spanners.

Give Izzy what he f*ckin deserves.

• Advertisement

It's probably not as simple as Izzy's tweet suggests, I mean it is GN'R after all, they don't exactly do things like normal rock/metal bands.

A founder of the band and at the core period of their success that people craved for them to revisit, Guns N Roses essentially ended when touring was done in '93. So for not partaking in the year and a half of mental touring back then, give him a pay cut if he comes back to the table sounds pretty crappy to me.

It is crappy but my point is that the others are such acute business people now and have so many people involved in the money side of things that bringing Izzy in for an equal share was just not going to happen.

Anyway, let's wait and see cos we're basically all speculating on a single tweet here! There's bound to be a lot more to this. I just want to see the fella back where he belongs, we all do.

Was surprised to see someone who is so respected for his media shyness go as public with the dirty laundry.
    In fairness to Izzy as the tour is been sold on nostalgia he probably feels he's technically as important to the band after Axl as he was central to creating the music for the vast majority of the songs people want to hear and prob felt he deserved an equal share of the profits from the gigs he attended plus his attendance fee. But life's not fair and what puts bums on seats is the Axl / Slash combo. Even though Duff is the coolest dude in rock I honestly think even without Duff on board The Axl/Slash pairing would of still had the unbelievable run of shows they've so far had. That's what puts bums on seats, having those two playing the songs from Appetite the way the songs were supposed to be played. There's no denying adding Duff & occasionally Steve brings an air of authenticity to it ( just listen to the crowds reaction when Steve makes his brief guest appearance) lets just hope Axl still has that " Izzy is Izzy" opinion of Izzy and we get the famous five back together some day.

Seeing as tomorrow marks a quarter of a century since Guns released the Illusions albums.
    Looking back on landmark double release 25 years later: Axl Rose and Co. were falling apart but their creativity was at a peak

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-guns-n-roses-history-making-use-your-illusion-lps-w439521

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as tomorrow marks a quarter of a century since Guns released the Illusions albums.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-guns-n-roses-history-making-use-your-illusion-lps-w439521

I know this might sound a bit mad, but these albums saved my life. It got my mind off horrible **** and just a horrible mind set I had during certain times in college.

And it's not that they as a whole did it.

It was specific songs and part of them. For example the song yesterday's has the verse

[PHP]'Cause yesterday's got nothin' for me
    Old pictures that I'll always see
    Some things could be better
    If we'd all just let them[/PHP]

That's a good way of thinking. You can't change the past. And you can make things better if you let them. That was my problem I couldn't stop beating myself up over things I couldn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

queuing all night at Tower Records for those albums

how times change

Dad still has the tapes for both somewhere in the attic..

On another note, Chris Pitman is sueing Axl for money owed
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/axl-rose-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-engineer-unpaid-wages/

Axl to probably call his lawyer, instruct him/her to write a check and move on.

So lads what are your favourite and least favourite song or part of a song from the illusion records ?

My least favourite part of a song is the telephone part of KOHD. I don't see what it added to the song.

My favourite song is estranged. I love that song. Brilliant message and just a cracking song musically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So lads what are your favourite and least favourite song or part of a song from the illusion records ?

My least favourite part of a song is the telephone part of KOHD. I don't see what it added to the song.

My favourite song is estranged. I love that song. Brilliant message and just a cracking song musically.

I love estranged too especiallythe parts where the song slows down and hear just the piano and slash's solo. I like Don't Cry, knocking on heavens door.

Really like Duff's song so fine. You could be mine us a great song.

I don't particularly like the song you ain't the first, I don't like what the songs about.

Advertisement