Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Never really got the musicanship? side of the band...but for me..on any given mood..all of their songs rock. Axl's voice sounded ****in top notch on the very last...'For those about to rock'....I only hope he attacks the rest of his career with as much gusto!

I think the "musicianship" side of things was just that the Appetite 5 had pure natural talent in spades each with their own unique style. While none of them were technically brilliant in their chosen field when they got together they excelled as great song writers. At the time no one else was structuring rock songs as complex with that continuous groove running through them. Something that only now Steven is getting the recognition he deserves for it. Even back in the day he received the lowest percentage cut I think it was 25:20:20:20:15% breakdown as he was just the drummer. But what a drummer, if only he was a "functioning addict" like Slash and Duff were he'd prob have a bigger role to play today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,802 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Take this with a grain of salt

Euro Tour will start in may/early June after a few dates in the middle east (Istanbul, Beruit, Dubai, Tel Aviv).

A press release has leaked in Austria confirming 3 dates have been booked for the Vienna s Happel Stadium next summer with GNR, Bon Jovi and Robbie Williams concerts to take place there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt

Euro Tour will start in may/early June after a few dates in the middle east (Istanbul, Beruit, Dubai, Tel Aviv).

A press release has leaked in Austria confirming 3 dates have been booked for the Vienna s Happel Stadium next summer with GNR, Bon Jovi and Robbie Williams concerts to take place there

That's just made me mad. There are at least two "acts" there that should never be mentioned in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rocket queen from australia 1988.

With Coldplay playing Croke Park next july (could prob get 2 nights) has this maybe doomed GNR to play Slane next summer ???

with GNR having the same tour management as AC/DC did for the ROB tour can we possibly see a June/July show in the Aviva Stadium ???

the only thing that might make me consider going to Slane if GNR play is if there is some sort of Gold/Silver circle type ticket (prob cost in the guts of 250/300 euro)

just wish GNR would announce a euro tour and let us knw if there playing Ireland or not :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

GN'R have the same tour production crew as AC/DC, not the same tour management.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

With Coldplay playing Croke Park next july (could prob get 2 nights) has this maybe doomed GNR to play Slane next summer ???

with GNR having the same tour management as AC/DC did for the ROB tour can we possibly see a June/July show in the Aviva Stadium ???

the only thing that might make me consider going to Slane if GNR play is if there is some sort of Gold/Silver circle type ticket (prob cost in the guts of 250/300 euro)

just wish GNR would announce a euro tour and let us knw if there playing Ireland or not :(

Unfortunately my money was and is still on Slane , it ticks too many boxes

They played there in 92 (25th anniversary next year)
    Last place in Ireland the proper line up played in Ireland
    Lord Mountcharles has already said that there will be a gig there in 2017

It'd be a marketer's dream, music fans nightmare though.
    And amongst a certain band wagon jumping section of the irish concert going crowd - the tickets would just sell themselves.

I'm thinking of seeing them in Europe next summer , maybe Spain and get a bit of a holiday out of it.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Unfortunately my money was and is still on Slane , it ticks too many boxes

They played there in 92 (25th anniversary next year)
    Last place in Ireland the proper line up played in Ireland
    Lord Mountcharles has already said that there will be a gig there in 2017

It'd be a marketer's dream, music fans nightmare though.
    And amongst a certain band wagon jumping section of the irish concert going crowd - the tickets would just sell themselves.

I'm thinking of seeing them in Europe next summer , maybe Spain and get a bit of a holiday out of it.

Yeah its just too marketable to be overlooked. It's a nightmare for us but lord moutcharles could not care about gnr fans as if they came there before and nothing went wrong, they will come there again and nothing will go wrong.

Hopefully they mite do an acdc on it and play the Aviva (after being heavily linked with slane for years)

Croker may be too big or not have any slots available

Might head to the UK to see them if Slane is picked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How expensive do people think the tickets will be for a concert in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

fin12 wrote: »
    How expensive do people think the tickets will be for a concert in Ireland?

Minimum €115 for standing I would reckon.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Minimum €115 for standing I would reckon.

Oh right, thanks.

http://www.safeconcerts.com/documents/Donintondisaster1988.pdf

Some might find this interesting. It's a report about the deaths on 1988. I found it very informative about what happened and shows that it wasn't GNRs fault despite what seemed to be claimed.

Given Guns reputation at the time, they were an easy choice to be scapegoated for the accident.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Given Guns reputation at the time, they were an easy choice to be scapegoated for the accident.

Yeah. But I saw this report years ago and have always found the guy writing it to clearly be experienced about concerts and crowds.

GNR add Singipore and Bangkok to there 2017 Asian tour

They seem to be touring a huge amount of markets and hopefully we are not left out when they hit Europe next summer

rumours they are playing euro festivals but other rumours saying there doing solo stadium tours :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GNR add Singipore and Bangkok to there 2017 Asian tour

They seem to be touring a huge amount of markets and hopefully we are not left out when they hit Europe next summer

rumours they are playing euro festivals but other rumours saying there doing solo stadium tours :confused::confused:

I'd say GNR could do a mix of festivals and stadiums tbh.

I find it a bit telling that Rock am Ring only announced two headliners today too!

Mushy wrote: »

I find it a bit telling that Rock am Ring only announced two headliners today too!

and Download (UK), Glastonbury and IOW didnt announce any headliners yet

theres big speculation over on MYGNRFOURM that GNRS euro tour will be a copy of AC/DCs Rock or Bust 1st leg euro tour (2015) and we possibly wont get an announcement of dates til December. Remember AC/DCs aviva gig announcement came out of the blue 1 cold december morning in 2014 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

and Download (UK), Glastonbury and IOW didnt announce any headliners yet

theres big speculation over on MYGNRFOURM that GNRS euro tour will be a copy of AC/DCs Rock or Bust 1st leg euro tour (2015) and we possibly wont get an announcement of dates til December. Remember AC/DCs aviva gig announcement came out of the blue 1 cold december morning in 2014 :D:D

For some reason I can't see Download having them if Glastonbury do, moreso because I think a stadium show will be done too. Won't do IOW I'm sure.

I'm sure GNR will announce an announcement, or at least be hints that it's coming. My theory right now is they'll do a Friday/Saturday rock am Ring/Rock im Park split, then Monday at Pinkpop. Makes sense as to why Pinkpop would move to a Saturday-Monday format.

• Advertisement

For some reason I can't see Download having them if Glastonbury do, moreso because I think a stadium show will be done too. Won't do IOW I'm sure.

I'm sure GNR will announce an announcement, or at least be hints that it's coming. My theory right now is they'll do a Friday/Saturday rock am Ring/Rock im Park split, then Monday at Pinkpop. Makes sense as to why Pinkpop would move to a Saturday-Monday format.

Once they do a stadium show here and not Slane I'll be happy

Could be fake but

http://concerticket.net/en/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=guns+n+roses&submit_search

Croke Park July 2017

Possibly the week of Coldplay or late July (normally when the hurling QF are on). Again this is just speculation

Could be fake but

http://concerticket.net/en/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=guns+n+roses&submit_search

Croke Park July 2017

Possibly the week of Coldplay or late July (normally when the hurling QF are on). Again this is just speculation

If it's true that's brilliant news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Could be fake but

Croke Park July 2017

Please let it be true!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Please let it be true!!!!!

They'd have to have a cracking support line up for it to come close to selling out, and the sound in Croker :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    They'd have to have a cracking support line up for it to come close to selling out, and the sound in Croker :mad::mad:

If that was the venue I wouldn't go wouldn't rule out seeing elsewhere somewhere appealing

scudzilla wrote: »

I don't understand, it's Guns n Roses, why wouldn't it sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It'll come close to selling out. It's three fifths of the classic lineup ffs. AND Axl & Slash are back on stage together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It'll come close to selling out. It's three fifths of the classic lineup ffs. AND Axl & Slash are back on stage together!!!

exactly, 3/5 of the originals, and after the last 2 GnR fiasco's it's gonna take a lot to persuade the man on the street to part with upwards of 80euro for a ticket in a venue renowned for a shiter than shit sound

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

They've sold out all over the US.

They'll sell out here, easily.

Advertisement