Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Triple M Melbourne have a huge announcement at 8AM Monday morning Australian time, and judging by the video on their FB page, it's going to be Guns N' Roses..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

This is fun ,ha! I have watched this 12 times and it just keeps giving lols

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Made it to Seattle. F***in hell, I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Made it to Seattle. F***in hell, I'm excited.

Knock yourself out lad , your one of the lucky ones. Enjoy yourself !!!!

Wonder will Zakk join the band onstage..

Cms_aCQUsAAiUnN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,934 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dates in Japan and Australia for Jan/Feb 2017 so Europe is a shoe in for a few dates in 2017

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dates in Japan and Australia for Jan/Feb 2017 so Europe is a shoe in for a few dates in 2017

3 shows in Japan, 5 in Australia, you'd imagine they'll make the short journey to New Zealand before coming to Europe for shows/festival season.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    3 shows in Japan, 5 in Australia, you'd imagine they'll make the short journey to New Zealand before coming to Europe for shows/festival season.

Poor South Africa gets overlooked by a lot of touring bands ??

Think they are doing a new Zealand date either after Osaka or Australia ??

Poor South Africa gets overlooked by a lot of touring bands ??

Think they are doing a new Zealand date either after Osaka or Australia ??

Wonder why South Africa gets overlooked, logistically thinking, it'd make sense going right to New Zealand right after Australia.

Wonder why South Africa gets overlooked, logistically thinking, it'd make sense going right to New Zealand right after Australia.

Just a general thought on SA. A lot of bands don't play there nor does the country produce worldwide famous acts. Prob the cost of going to a large continent like Africa and only playing one country (South Africa) is too high

OK back to guns n roses talk. Setlists look unreal on this tour

• Advertisement

Aye 3 more shows left in the current run, then that's it til South America in late October.

Everyone's busy in that downtime though..

14045562_1159266534129664_7402541481642374197_n.jpg?oh=e4ba85f01b835e14ee8dff74e895404d&oe=58184430

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

14045562_1159266534129664_7402541481642374197_n.jpg?oh=e4ba85f01b835e14ee8dff74e895404d&oe=58184430
    On the GNR snapchat last night it looked like they were filming last nights show. Is that what Eddie means ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    On the GNR snapchat last night it looked like they were filming last nights show.

Check the date on Eddie's tweet, he was referring to tonight's show..

Would imagine it'll be similar to the Tokyo '92 video, film both shows, and cherry pick the best from both shows for a DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Adler played the same 2 songs with the band last night as his previous 2 appearance's.

2 month tour of Europe April 20th 2017- June 23rd 2017

hard to knw where they could fit into Dublin Stadium wise around that time

Aviva- pro 12 final is on there Sat 27th May 17, ROI play Austria on Sun 11th June 17. Might be used for a possible Heineken cup Semi final in late april. So the middle of May or middle june will be perfect for the Aviva

Croke Park- GAA NFL finals are usually played there End of April/Early may and a few Championships games some weekends in May/June. For the last number of years concerts are held in May in Croke Park (Bruce Springsteen 27th/29th May 2016, OD 23/24/25 May 2014). So a possible day may be the weekend of 26/27/28 May 2017 for a show. But chances of GNR playing Croke Park are very slim

And then theres the elephant in the room. Slane Castle which is due a show in 2017 and can be done any weekend during the touring period

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

2 month tour of Europe April 20th 2017- June 23rd 2017

hard to knw where they could fit into Dublin Stadium wise around that time

Aviva- pro 12 final is on there Sat 27th May 17, ROI play Austria on Sun 11th June 17. Might be used for a possible Heineken cup Semi final in late april. So the middle of May or middle june will be perfect for the Aviva

Croke Park- GAA NFL finals are usually played there End of April/Early may and a few Championships games some weekends in May/June. For the last number of years concerts are held in May in Croke Park (Bruce Springsteen 27th/29th May 2016, OD 23/24/25 May 2014). So a possible day may be the weekend of 26/27/28 May 2017 for a show. But chances of GNR playing Croke Park are very slim

And then theres the elephant in the room. Slane Castle which is due a show in 2017 and can be done any weekend during the touring period

They could play in Cork, Pairc Ui Chaoimh if its ready or the Marquee if not.

All those other things should be cancelled. They should play wherever they damn well want.

(But i dearly hope it not a stadium)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    All those other things should be cancelled. They should play wherever they damn well want.

(But i dearly hope it not a stadium)

Opposite to yourself. Hope they play a stadium and not a field like Slane or Punchestown but also hope they don't over look us on the tour

I'd take an arena gig but doubtful they will play indoors here with this line up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think it will depend on how many dates they are doing in the UK. If they are doing the usual four or five, they will probably be happy enough with 3 arena since they won't be getting too many fly in attendees. Could always leave the night after free so they can add a second show if the first one sells out quicker than expected.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think it will depend on how many dates they are doing in the UK. If they are doing the usual four or five, they will probably be happy enough with 3 arena since they won't be getting too many fly in attendees. Could always leave the night after free so they can add a second show if the first one sells out quicker than expected.

Yeah two nights at the 3 arena would be cool it'd sell out and small enough to harness all that energy the band have at the moment but I fear it's going to be used to pay for the refurbishment of a certain castle in Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yeah two nights at the 3 arena would be cool it'd sell out and small enough to harness all that energy the band have at the moment but I fear it's going to be used to pay for the refurbishment of a certain castle in Meath

???

???

Out of all the bands that may tour in 2017 gnr look the most likely to play the venue.

25th anniversary of the 1992 slane gig and 30th anniversary of AFD

Praying for it not to be slane but it's getting more and more likely

Out of all the bands that may tour in 2017 gnr look the most likely to play the venue.

25th anniversary of the 1992 slane gig and 30th anniversary of AFD

Praying for it not to be slane but it's getting more and more likely

To be honest folks if someone said this time last year ,GNR are playing Ireland with Slash & Duff in tow summer time Slane 2017
    1. We'd of said they're mad
    2. We'd be jumping for joy after finding out its true.

As bad a venue Slane is, if it means I'll get to see 3/5 of the appetite line up back together and not just going through the motions as the recent tour has proved I'll be first to say "here take my money Lord Henry"

Oh, there's no question, I'm going wherever it is. No question at all.

http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/pdf/BONJOVI_SLANE_CUSTOMER_MAP_FV.jpg

if it is to be Slane its going to hard one to decide for me. If they had a seated area like the pic above (Blocks G/B/C) than we may go or if the gig was all standing but if they had a gold section etc (will be expensive though) id consider that.

This year we didnt fancy going to Marlay Park to see the Stone Roses so we made a weekend of it and saw them in Manchester instead (Etihad Stadium). We could do the same for GNR if Slane or an all standing venue is chosen here. I imagine they may do a few UK stadium shows too ???

anyhow its awsome that 3/5 of the Original lineup are touring again

got this from MYGNRFORUM rumoured concert thread

Rock AM Ring, Rock IM Park, Germany - 2nd-4th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Download Festival, UK - 9th-11th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, From band, via Metal Talk, implied through Andy Copping, various. supposedly confirmed, UK Exclusive gig)

Pinkpop, Netherlands - 9th-11th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Hellfest, France - 16th-18th June (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Aerodrome Festival, Prague, Czech Republic - (From Organisers, via Metalheads Travel)

Krieau Rocks, Vienna, Austria - (From Organisers, via Metalheads Travel, Ernst Happel Stadium alternative mentioned by Austrian press)

Rock in Roma, Italy - (From promoter, via Paul skinner and Italian press, San Siro Milan, mentioned by Italian Press as well)

Spain - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner. Probably two concerts based on templates of similar bands)

Portugal - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner. From band via press article. Probably one concert based on templates of similar bands)

Sweden - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner)

Switzerland - (Playful email from Zurich Stadium)

we miss out and download is there only UK show. **** that :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

got this from MYGNRFORUM rumoured concert thread

Rock AM Ring, Rock IM Park, Germany - 2nd-4th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Download Festival, UK - 9th-11th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, From band, via Metal Talk, implied through Andy Copping, various. supposedly confirmed, UK Exclusive gig)

Pinkpop, Netherlands - 9th-11th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Hellfest, France - 16th-18th June (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)

Aerodrome Festival, Prague, Czech Republic - (From Organisers, via Metalheads Travel)

Krieau Rocks, Vienna, Austria - (From Organisers, via Metalheads Travel, Ernst Happel Stadium alternative mentioned by Austrian press)

Rock in Roma, Italy - (From promoter, via Paul skinner and Italian press, San Siro Milan, mentioned by Italian Press as well)

Spain - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner. Probably two concerts based on templates of similar bands)

Portugal - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner. From band via press article. Probably one concert based on templates of similar bands)

Sweden - (From Promoter, via Paul Skinner)

Switzerland - (Playful email from Zurich Stadium)

we miss out and download is there only UK show. **** that :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

Be patient, like the thread on MYGNRFORUM says MYGNRFORUM rumoured concert thread, the rumoured dates posted could just the beginning of a long European run..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I would really be surprised if they don't come to Ireland, I mean why wouldn't they want to come here??

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    I would really be surprised if they don't come to Ireland, I mean why wouldn't they want to come here??

Logistics, no venue available for the tour, wont make any $$$$ coming here etc

If Download was to be the sole UK and Ire show on the tour than it may help tickets sell for the festival

My pref for an irish venue

1 Aviva Stadium
    2 3Arena
    3 Croke Park
    4 New Stadium in Cork
    5 Thomond Park

yesterday was the 6th Anniversary of the eventful 2010 Dublin show. What a balls of a night that was. 2 years later they played again and were brillent (Axl was in the 3arena a few hours the show and actually done a soundcheck that year, Thin Lizzy supported)

Advertisement