Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds like its quite the show, leagues ahead of the Chinese democracy shows

Acdc in the Aviva was good last year, so would not mind seeing GNR there

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Found these on MYGNR

13781779_845469478916672_5743421363859942177_n.jpg.9197780e7453f050b5cbb419a1ff5e77.jpg

13707595_1151383388216202_5851116786841340430_n.thumb.jpg.dd6e8bcaa17f110b2c2e392c3921918a.jpg

This was done the day before their first of 2 nights in Boston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Appetite for destruction was released 29 years ago today. July 21st 1987

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Still sounds as good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Still sounds as good today.

Damn straight.

Best album ever made.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Damn straight.

Best album ever made.

Aye, it was the album that gave rock n' roll the kick up the backside it needed back then

Must've caused quiet a stir here in Ireland when it came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Itssoeasy wrote: »

The first CD I ever bought.

• Advertisement

0RnN77.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've decided to listen to appetite in full as its a class album and it's it's 29th anniversary yesterday.

Even welcome to the jungle sound great.

51 today.

Slash+2016+Coachella+Valley+Music+Arts+Festival+5yGtUFWjiqIl.jpg

Set list & alternatives from Night #2 in New Jersey last night.

CoMG90YW8AAgjoF.jpg

Stars next to certain songs = Pyro & Confetti for Paradise City

Slither?

Holy sweet mother of Jesus.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Slither?

Holy sweet mother of Jesus.

Yeah, it's been on the alt/rehearsed set list since the tour started with the 2 Vegas gigs..

I'd imagine it'll get played at some point hopefully, it's one of those Velvet Revolver songs that I really want to hear Axl belt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Yeah, it's been on the alt/rehearsed set list since the tour started with the 2 Vegas gigs..

I'd imagine it'll get played at some point hopefully, it's one of those Velvet Revolver songs that I really want to hear Axl belt out.

I wouldn't be getting to excited about it Perfect Crime has been on the alt list since Chinese Democracy came out and hasn't been played in donkeys years mind you this tour has been full of surprises so I guess all bets are off who would of tought Coma would be a staple of the reunion gigs so suppose anything possible.

I wouldn't be getting to excited about it

Too late!

I wouldn't be getting to excited about it Perfect Crime has been on the alt list since Chinese Democracy came out and hasn't been played in donkeys years mind you this tour has been full of surprises so I guess all bets are off who would of tought Coma would be a staple of the reunion gigs so suppose anything possible.

Only been on alt lists since 2010 I think, indeed this tour has been full of surprises so far, so never say never, as clichéd as it is...

Now if only Locomotive was swapped in for Coma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I was a little dubious about the 'reunion' but having watched a few performances lately they seem on fire and really hope we get a visit next year.

This performance of my second favourite GN'R song is savage from New Jersey the other night.

http://youtu.be/0M9J29P0VO0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Reading the posts about Appetite's anniversary got me thinking that GNR will surely start going down the reissue route fairly soon. For a band that has sold so many records there's been remarkably little in the way of re-issues/re-masters, etc...for obvious reasons of course. A 30th anniversary Appetite deluxe edition...so much stuff that could go on it.

What would folks like to see on it? A live gig for example, the Marquee show from 1987 is a real contender. Same with the Ritz show although that could be put on a DVD along with the videos for the singles. A few demos, any extra live B sides. Hardback book. And maybe a few pins or badges to round it all off!

I reckon the Lies album would be thrown in as well as it was part of that era, so there's the demos from those sessions also. Maybe one of the Tokyo Budokan gigs from late 88 could go with that. Overall it would be a fantastic box set!

Interesting also that the Use Your Illusion albums are 25 years old in September...could they have something special lined up? Very unlikely at this stage. But there's a wealth of material that could be packaged with that...the Rumbo Tapes springs to mind.

But that can wait another five years...get that Appetite re-issue sorted, lads!

GN'R will do whatever Axl feels like, and that's not being funny, Slash & Duff will probably add their 2 cents to it, would they be even thinking that far ahead right now, who knows what's happening with them, they could be planning all kinds of stuff, or just focusing on finishing the U.S Summer tour and seeing where things go from there..

Would be cool if they did something for the 30th anniversary of Appetite, time will tell I suppose.

Boy I was wrong when I said this yesterday
    would they be even thinking that far ahead right now, who knows what's happening with them, they could be planning all kinds of stuff, or just focusing on finishing the U.S Summer tour and seeing where things go from there..

As the band's production manager Opie Skjerseth has said this
    I’ve been told there’s no end date. I’ve seen plenty of dates going far into next year

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-27/guns-n-roses-reunion-no-end-in-sight-says-production-boss

Ex GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson was asked in an interview by Rock On Philly on July 22nd about the Guns N' Roses reunion.

Here's the GN'R bit

Rock On Philly
    I know you’ve been asked about working with Guns n’ Roses quite a bit, but what was it like working with the band, particularly Axl being the notorious front man many think he is?

Tommy Stinson
    That’s one of the biggest misconceptions about him. He is a very hard working dude that has a very particular way he wants to do things. I’ll be honest with you, if he’s doing anything other than he wants to be doing and you’re in the room, you don’t want to be in there, but when he’s doing what he wants to do, he’s great and he’s doing a great job. I’ve seen Guns n’ Roses twice now with the whole band and he is kicking ass and I’m very happy for him. I’m really happy for all my friends who are in that band.

Rest of the interview here if anyone wants to read it
    http://rockonphilly.com/2016/07/an-interview-with-legendary-bassistsongwriter-tommy-stinson/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

Around 10 dates in Europe seems logical for next year (fingers crossed!)

carlo5 wrote: »
    Around 10 dates in Europe seems logical for next year (fingers crossed!)

hopefully a Dublin date will be included

Rumours the band accidently leaked dates for a Austrailia/New Zealand tour next year. Dates in Wellington and Aukland for NZ

If NZ can get 2 dates so why cant Ireland ???

Cork PUC and The Aviva Stadium next July please :o:o:o:o

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hopefully a Dublin date will be included

Rumours the band accidently leaked dates for a Austrailia/New Zealand tour next year. Dates in Wellington and Aukland for NZ

If NZ can get 2 dates so why cant Ireland ???

Cork PUC and The Aviva Stadium next July please :o:o:o:o

Here's hoping

Was it the band or management who accidentally leaked the Australia/New Zealand dates?

And if they come to Ireland, big IF, it'd be a Dublin show or shows if we're lucky, and besides isn't PUC in Cork being redeveloped?

Here's hoping

Was it the band or management who accidentally leaked the Australia/New Zealand dates?

And if they come to Ireland, big IF, it'd be a Dublin show or shows if we're lucky, and besides isn't PUC in Cork being redeveloped?

think it will open by next summer (the false rumours of the Garth Brooks and Adele shows last week suggested that)

The Aviva was a good venue for the ACDC show (although sound was horrendus in some parts of the Stadium) so that would be the logical place to host GNR next year. Croke Park is another option but may be too big and then theres the option of Slane Castle (which nobody wants really).

hopefully we will knw by christmas if there will be a dublin show or not

PTH2009 wrote: »
    think it will open by next summer (the false rumours of the Garth Brooks and Adele shows last week suggested that)

The Aviva was a good venue for the ACDC show (although sound was horrendus in some parts of the Stadium) so that would be the logical place to host GNR next year. Croke Park is another option but may be too big and then theres the option of Slane Castle (which nobody wants really).

hopefully we will knw by christmas if there will be a dublin show or not

Or they could time their European tour announcement to coincide with the announcement of the first headliner for Download 2017, and that announcement is usually made in November

• Advertisement

Did yis know there a sort of movie version of Duff's autobiography on Google play or whatever it's called?

I have to admit, I really didn't love it, much and all as I do love Duff.

Advertisement