Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That was actually Del James who used to do that :P

You sure ? The same guy did it during one of the VR early shows. And I think del and slash weren't friends then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You sure ? The same guy did it during one of the VR early shows. And I think del and slash weren't friends then.

I'm sure it was Del during the Illusions years, maybe it was Slash's guitar tech during the VR years.

I'm sure it was Del during the Illusions years, maybe it was Slash's guitar tech during the VR years.

Right well the two guys sound the exact same then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Right well the two guys sound the exact same then.

Was it not mc Bob who done the intros

Was it not mc Bob who done the intros

Mcbob!!!!Thats his name. Yeah I was convinced it was him but lithium says it was del James.

• Advertisement

Mcbob!!!!Thats his name. Yeah I was convinced it was him but lithium says it was del James.

It was mc Bob alright he was duffs tech in gnr and vr then went back to gnr as guitar tech apparently there's a gnr pinball machine and his voice is the intro for it also I don't think it was ever released it was made just after the illusion tour then the band imploded duff still has his in his gaff. So he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas going bat-**** (not start a riot bat-**** now) when the open to Welcome To The Jungle rings out.. **** what I'd give to be there.

Yeah the place will go mental. Axl looks a lot fitter than he did last tour. Hope we see the new (old) Axl not the fat shiny,bolder hat wearing one of the Chinese democracy era.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »

Slane 2017 is strongly rumoured ??

Wouldn't return to that kip if they resurrected Bowie to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wouldn't return to that kip if they resurrected Bowie to play.

Same here, only live 10 miles away and would never entertain going there.

Never been, never want to, heard all the horror stories and too old for that crap now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »
    Same here, only live 10 miles away and would never entertain going there.

Never been, never want to, heard all the horror stories and too old for that crap now

Sir mount Charles or whatever his name is and mcd don't care about who gets mucky etc as the heads will be in the comfy VIP zone.

Residents would have a fit if gnr played Croke park

So as the Aviva has already hosted a high profile rock gig (AC-DC) a 2 night run there in summer 2017 may be an option but for old times sake slane will probly get picked

They'd sell out the Aviva sure 2 nights dunno about that now.

Went to Aviva for ACDC wasnt keen on it as a concert venue at all either multiple obvious reasons the location was more favorable than Slane that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

They'd sell out the Aviva sure 2 nights dunno about that now.

Went to Aviva for ACDC wasnt keen on it as a concert venue at all either multiple obvious reasons the location was more favorable than Slane that's about it.

I went to slane last year for foos, it was great, no problems getting there or home, I heard some horror stories in the past, but I think all that is sorted now

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I went to slane last year for foos, it was great, no problems getting there or home, I heard some horror stories in the past, but I think all that is sorted now

Not sure Foos or the last Bon Jovi show there even would have been the cattle marts of past years to begin with so I'd still have reservations

Take it with a pinch of salt
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-tour-to-expand-beyond-u-s-the-cult-to-open-select-dates/

Also rumours of a secret L.A club show going around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Show in the Troubadour tonight. Lines outside Tower Records since 1am this morning to get tickets.

Some great trolling by GNR of the fans

56fe662ea4306_reuniontroubadour2.thumb.jpg.04950ab13e283ff4db023132c6deea88.jpg

10631996_1701796993403048_1102857770_n(1).thumb.jpg.1d5b7180e497843f550f2cce069ae362.jpg.838475d9d96361a6ec94061b2b9dea0c.jpg

IMG_20160401_234654.thumb.jpg.4b6b629b5674f4afd6fa908f74cff8cd.jpg.565a66845f48acb447393d1d6eb848e4.jpg

For those of you that don't get the "Not in this lifetime" joke on the sign above the Troubadour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Just joking around here now but I think if this happens in a few hours then it's really true what they say..''never say never''...

It's happening

12063679_10154099644888069_2359892946947088846_n.jpg?oh=967296247a360233963fe066b10e5f29&oe=57941AE1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The mygnrforum thread on tonight's events was hilarious,unfortunately it crashed their servers and are currently offline.

So that's why mygnrforum is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Layne

Apparently support tonight is from The Strokes!! (sorry Steven, couldn't resist!!)

With tonight's show happening, we should finally have confirmation on who's in besides Axl, Slash, Duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

On the GN'R site it says no cameras at the show tonight,interesting to see how that goes;)

Now I think I'm right in saying that LA is eight hours behind us here in Ireland. And the poster says "sometime after 11pm" so 7am our time at the earliest tomorrow morning ?

lord lucan wrote: »
    On the GN'R site it says no cameras at the show tonight,interesting to see how that goes;)

Unless they take everyone's phone off them how will they enforce that ?

Now I think I'm right in saying that LA is eight hours behind us here in Ireland. And the poster says "sometime after 11pm" so 7am our time at the earliest tomorrow morning ?

You sir are correct, LA is 8 hours behind, just gone midday over there,so GN'R will take to The Troubadour stage at 06:00 am Irish time, assuming it all runs smoothly with no-one holding up the proceedings.

You sir are correct, LA is 8 hours behind, just gone midday over there,so GN'R will take to The Troubadour stage at 06:00 am Irish time, assuming it all runs smoothly with no-one holding up the proceedings.

;) Now who could that be lithium. It's actually not hitting me despite it all actually happening.

• Advertisement

I've just seen that the lads will be playing LFF the nfl stadium in philadelphia this summer on the "not in this lifetime" tour

Advertisement