Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right I watched videos of the ChiDem lineup in 2014 and was watching mr brownstone and I like frank but jesus he needs to learn how to play that song right. It's all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Right I watched videos of the ChiDem lineup in 2014 and was watching mr brownstone and I like frank but jesus he needs to learn how to play that song right. It's all over the shop.

That what rehearsals are for, I'm not pushed about the instrumental section of the band, it's one Mr. W. Axl Rose I and probably every other GN'R fan are worried about.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That what rehearsals are for, I'm not pushed about the instrumental section of the band, it's one Mr. W. Axl Rose I and probably every other GN'R fan are worried about.

Yeah those two words don't go together lithium. It seems when axl is/was motivated he can get it going vocal and physical shape wise and one is the result of the other. Also as seen by clips of him playing with duff he seems to go up a gear. I've a feeling that even though axl and slash are friends again and will perform together, that axl won't want to give people any excuse to blame him.

Yeah those two words don't go together lithium. It seems when axl is/was motivated he can get it going vocal and physical shape wise and one is the result of the other. Also as seen by clips of him playing with duff he seems to go up a gear. I've a feeling that even though axl and slash are friends again and will perform together, that axl won't want to give people any excuse to blame him.

Maybe for all we know, away from the rest of the band, Axl could, keyword being could, be putting in the effort to get himself in shape both physically and vocally. I mean if he can step it up when Duff appeared with the band, then maybe having his top hatted right hand man back would trip a switch in his head and get him to buck up his ideas, cause if this goes pear shaped... People will immediately point at Axl.

Time will tell, first Vegas warm up show is 4 weeks tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I see what your all saying but I think it's kinda mad that people are focused on the physical appearance of a man in his 50's. He sounds better these days when he stands still. That was the weird thing about the O2 gig a few years ago when he was pissed off. Maybe James Hetfield was right...put a ton of honey on his ryder...Also the show shouldn't be any more than 90min to start with (never gonna happen)..The London show from 2012 I think is great for the first 45min then it goes down hill. I didn't finish it so it may have recovered....

• Advertisement

Well Mick Jagger is in his 70's, so Axl has no excuse to be in good condition, especially now seeing as Slash & Duff are back in the band. Probably would help his vocals if he didn't move around as much as he does..

I think I'd look like jabba the hut if I had the same numbers in my bank account..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Axl is simply too old to be running around like a lunatic and expecting it not to impact his performance. Like has been said, his voice was great when he was sulking and standing still at the O2 a few years ago. I doubt he will cut it out, but that seems to have the biggest negative impact on his voice these days.

As for Izzy, I'd have been surprised if he was involved given how much he seems to dislike the touring aspect. He always seemed to be happy to just show up whenever, do a few shows and go home again. He's have been the odd man out if they are planning to tour a lot.

I'm glad they're back together. I never thought I'd see the day. I don't care what anyone says..money has little to do with this reunion. I ricken Axl was ****ed over a lot by the music industry. Small example but take the sleeve notes in CD..All over the place. Once,and I'd say I was one of the lucky ones, I heard 'Better' on a Dublin radio station...nothing said by the DJ either afterwards. I though GnR were following the Metallica video formula but I never saw it being played...and Dr.Pepper is rank. 'Better' I thought would've been played to death on the radio..

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I'm glad they're back together. I never thought I'd see the day. I don't care what anyone says..money has little to do with this reunion. I ricken Axl was ****ed over a lot by the music industry. Small example but take the sleeve notes in CD..All over the place. Once,and I'd say I was one of the lucky ones, I heard 'Better' on a Dublin radio station...nothing said by the DJ either afterwards. I though GnR were following the Metallica video formula but I never saw it being played...and Dr.Pepper is rank. 'Better' I thought would've been played to death on the radio..

They are back together, but how long will it last though, and you are very Naive if you think that money isn't the main reason 3/5 of the Appetite line up are back together, money is the main reason they are back.. Sure as hell ain't for the music's sake..

Axl ****ed himself over, by 1.) Being a douchebag 2. Being absolutely hell to deal with.. 3.) Taking 17 years and countless millions to make an album/albums if you believe they exist.. And by the time Guns/Axl finally got his **** together, the music industry was a different monster compared to when Guns were originally signed to Geffen back in March '86.. He also didn't help himself when Chinese finally saw the light of day in November 2008, by not doing interviews/promoting the album.. Hell if it wasn't for the leaks throughout the silent years, we may not have heard jack ****.. So Axl may have been ****ed over, but he helped **** himself over as well.

• Advertisement

I think this has been covered already but if it was about money they'd be back together along time ago. I wasn't commenting on his lack of promotion I was commenting on there being practically zero promotion from everyone involved with the album. I saw one tv advert for CD. How do you explain that all knowing one?Let's not get into an argument but I feel it was the others who crawled back so ya it might be about money for them (for one of them). It's definitely a spur.

I saw plenty of promotion for Chinese Democracy, in newspapers, magazines, television spots.. Hell even heard it mentioned on radio along with Better being played, and the title track.. Even saw it on sale in Tesco's a week before it's official release.. So someone was promoting it.

fair enough..I didn't see ****..

Eddie Trunk said he has talked to Duff and he said they won't be doing any press for now, but they will in the future and told him when they will be doing it. Eddie also said Duff promised to talk to him first.

Taken from his latest podcast with Uli Jon Roth, starts at 14:10 into the podcast.

A picture of Axl surfaced online yesterday.

Cd7MYrmUAAE1Z-H.jpg:large

At least he's shaved off that stupid beard. He doesn't look that bad.

At least he's shaved off that stupid beard. He doesn't look that bad.

Agreed, getting rid of that god awful handlebar mustache was a good decision, he looked dodgy with it.. Like it never really suited him.

Some people can pull of the the handlebar tache, Axl ain't one of them.

Agreed, getting rid of that god awful handlebar mustache was a good decision, he looked dodgy with it.. Like it never really suited him.

Some people can pull of the the handlebar tache, Axl ain't one of them.

Does he look like he's lost weight ? I'd love to know why axl did such a 180 on slash. I mean he really wasn't subtle in how he felt about slash over the years. I hope that the so called "team brazil" don't have full control over GNR going forward.

He looks like he still has a bit of beer gut, then again with the t-shirt, it's hard to tell.. Everyone would love to know why he pulled the 180 on Slash, maybe Duff was a factor, or maybe the cliché of time heals all wounds rang true, and both men decided to bury the proverbial hatchet.

Best thing for this reunion, is to keep "Team Brazil" as far away from it as possible, let real managers handle it.

He looks like he still has a bit of beer gut, then again with the t-shirt, it's hard to tell.. Everyone would love to know why he pulled the 180 on Slash, maybe Duff was a factor, or maybe the cliché of time heals all wounds rang true, and both men decided to bury the proverbial hatchet.

Best thing for this reunion, is to keep "Team Brazil" as far away from it as possible, let real managers handle it.

I think I heard is that slash, duff both have one representative each involved with the running of this reunion and axl is the same. It's split three ways and axl might own the name but he seems to have given up stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I think I heard is that slash, duff both have one representative each involved with the running of this reunion and axl is the same. It's split three ways and axl might own the name but he seems to have given up stuff.

Source?

Source?

I can't remember where I read it. I can try and find it but it doesn't sound that out of order. I doubt Slash and Duff would come back into the fold as just hired guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

He looks a lot better and that is a great sign. At least he seems to give a **** unlike the past few years where he looked ****ing dreadful and sounded worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I wonder what prompted Axl to take up this reunion....?

I wonder what prompted Axl to take up this reunion....?

That is the $64 million dollar question.

That is the $64 million dollar question.

There's no way they are getting 64 million lithium. I'd think it's 26 million for coachella.

There's no way they are getting 64 million lithium. I'd think it's 26 million for coachella.

Was a figure of speech :P..

Was a figure of speech :P..

Right fair enough.

Those people going to the Vegas shows are so ****ing lucky. They get to see and hear something that hasn't happened since 1993. It's either duff or slashs guitar tech who's did the intro back in the day.

If the came t Europe then in my case all bets are off. My savings might take a dent is all I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Those people going to the Vegas shows are so ****ing lucky. They get to see and hear something that hasn't happened since 1993. It's either duff or slashs guitar tech who's did the intro back in the day.

If the came t Europe then in my case all bets are off. My savings might take a dent is all I'm saying.

Talk is 2017 will be the Euro tour. Slane

Advertisement