Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's Frank Ferrer's drum kit.. Certainly looks like his set up, but stripped down a bit, actually hard to judge given the angle of the photo.

He appears to play double snare and hanging tom. Wouldn't rule it out yet, but it is different. Unless he's going for authenticity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Mushy wrote: »
    Who plays that drum setup?

Was just about to ask that. You can very easily see Steven sitting behind it with that goofy grin on his face! It would be such a shame if it turns out we get 'just' Steven but no Izzy.

It's so exciting just thinking about this, imagine having acquired a ticket! And for ten dollars too haha. Maybe ten years ago I'd have pulled an all nighter and stayed up but not now. As it happens the kids will probably wake me up just as the band hit the stage!

This thread will be my first port of call in the morning so here's hoping it's the original gang back together. If not, it will still be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Has anyone considered that it could be Josh Freese sitting behind the kit, I mean the band have cycled through drummers..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that it could be Josh Freese sitting behind the kit, I mean the band have cycled through drummers..

Ha, or somebody totally new again maybe from Slashs Snakepit!

Hopes of having a more decent reunion are alive after seeing that picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

This thread is gonna go Bats**t crazy when they go onstage!!!!

I can see the whole site crashing due to the sheer amount of traffic it'll cause!!!

• Advertisement

If anyone's awake and posting when they take the stage at 06:00 am tomorrow morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah if anyone is awake could they use spoiler tags. I wasn't expecting to have to go spoiler free on an nxt special and GNR in April 2016.

I don't think spoiler tags would be needed for GN'R :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

April Fool's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Doing an April fools joke that would achieve absolutely nothing except pissing off your own fans is probably unlikely even for these mad bastards.

*crosses fingers and prays to holy f*ckin Jesus*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

could it be that adler plays the appetite songs and frank plays everything else?

I've decided to go back to front and I'm listening to rocket queen right now. Some tune.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've decided to go back to front and I'm listening to rocket queen right now. Some tune.

It's still my favourite.

I mean favourite rock tune of them all.

Edit: I've decided to grab the old guitar & a beer and play some of 'em (badly, in a very stop start kind of way)

Right anything goes is a tune.

God knows what'll happen when you get to It's so easy!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    God knows what'll happen when you get to It's so easy!

Haha a few songs before that donie kid,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah if anyone is awake could they use spoiler tags. I wasn't expecting to have to go spoiler free on an nxt special and GNR in April 2016.

Tell me about it. Someone is surly going to wreck nxt and the gnr return on facebook on me

Haha a few songs before that donie kid,

Yeah. But what a journey. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

It's no April Fools.

Adler's bandmates are there and they told fans in the line outside Tower Records that Adler is going to be there tonight. Frank Ferrer is also likely to be there so they can do Illusions and CD material. They'll probably rotate for different songs as Adler and Ferrer both play an almost identical set-up.

No word on Izzy but he did post an April Fools video to twitter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Gonna lurk around periscope to see if anybody is filming it. Might even get a front row seat of Axl jumping into the crowd to confiscate the phone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

5 min to 11 over there I'd say the place is electric over there
    If Steve is there for the appetite songs imagine the grin on his big head when they crank out welcome to the jungle. You'd be delighted for the fuker

Any decent twitter feeds to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

CfBQbulWAAAS0jP.jpg.f839356297442ff8e17ccfded85e31c8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Oh holy jaaaaaaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Setlist so far

t's So Easy