Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Glad you put management in quotes lithium. They come across as a bunch of chancers.

I've always done that, how Axl's housekeeper went from housekeeper to ''manager/personal assistant is beyond me... Slash & Duff's management, what they must be thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've always done that, how Axl's housekeeper went from housekeeper to ''manager/personal assistant is beyond me... Slash & Duff's management, what they must be thinking...

Wasn't perla slash's manager when they were married. And she wasn't Peter grant herself. But yeah they must be thinking "it'll be interesting if nothing else." It's funny how all the pro axl message boards are such big fans of slash now. Although one fan said ashbha to slash was a downgrade. I mean FFS lads.

Wasn't perla slash's manager when they were married. And she wasn't Peter grant herself. But yeah they must be thinking "it'll be interesting if nothing else." It's funny how all the pro axl message boards are such big fans of slash now. Although one fan said ashbha to slash was a downgrade. I mean FFS lads.

I don't think she was, yup changed from Axl worshippers to happy 3/5 of the old band are back together, so much facepalm, Slash did more in his 11 years w/Guns than Ashba did in his 7.

I don't think she was, yup changed from Axl worshippers to happy 3/5 of the old band are back together, so much facepalm, Slash did more in his 11 years w/Guns than Ashba did in his 7.

She was involved in some way that pissed axl off despite having clearly never meet her.

She was involved in some way that pissed axl off despite having clearly never meet her.

Maybe she was, I don't know.. Doesn't really take a lot to piss off Axl :pac:, though hopefully now pushing 54, he might have mellowed with age.

• Advertisement

Guns N' Roses Eyeing $3 Million Per Show Payday on Potential Tour
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6843087/guns-n-roses-reunion-stadium-tour-per-show-payday

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guns N' Roses Eyeing $3 Million Per Show Payday on Potential Tour
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6843087/guns-n-roses-reunion-stadium-tour-per-show-payday

Sadly I can't see Aiken or mcd paying that much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sadly I can't see Aiken or mcd paying that much

' Tis nuts alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sadly Thankfully I can't see Aiken or mcd paying that much

FYP

if mcd payed 3000000 to gnr to play Croke Park/Slane tickets would cost 375 euro each and they would have to sell 80 000 of them.

bit extreme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

If MCD payed that much money for a group of has-beens it would be absolutely pathetic. Guns 'n' Roses asking for $3 million per gig destroys any sort of credibility they have left.

Promoters are better off spending their money on good current bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If MCD payed that much money for a group of has-beens it would be absolutely pathetic. Guns 'n' Roses asking for $3 million per gig destroys any sort of credibility they have left.

Too right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

This $3million figure...where exactly is it coming from? I looked at the Billboard story again and it reads 'For the tour, GNR is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show'... they are said to be asking for it....according to whom??

It makes for a great headline but I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt. Why would they want to start outpricing the ordinary fans who made them what they were in the first place? I'm prepared to wait and see but I really don't see them NOT playing Ireland because they're looking for too much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

if mcd payed 3000000 to gnr to play Croke Park/Slane tickets would cost 375 euro each and they would have to sell 80 000 of them.

bit extreme

Dunno what school you went to but that's wrong

If they sold 80,000 tickets at 75euro a pop that's 6million euro in gate receipts

bit extreme

3000000 divided by 80000 = 37.5 not 375

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Slash is a has-been?

He really isn't, you know.

Slash & Duff aren't has beens, Axl's been a has been the last 23 years and has destroyed himself & GN'R, but I digress..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Slash is a has-been?

He really isn't, you know.
    I never refered to them individually. I was referring to them collectively.

Maybe axl will be on time for these future gigs. cant wait to see what the coachella performance is like ???

some laugh if it all fell through before the start of the festival. Did axl meet up with slash/duff yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Whilst that's a lovely thought, Promoters are in the business to make money and a GN'R with Slash and Duff back in the fold is box office gold. There's far more money to be made from big hitters like GN'R /Metallica /U2 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Maybe axl will be on time for these future gigs. cant wait to see what the coachella performance is like ???

some laugh if it all fell through before the start of the festival. Did axl meet up with slash/duff yet ???

I'd be shocked if Promoters didn't put in some sort of clause about on time performance and a system of fines if they're not met.

There was a story doing the rounds that the rest of the band were due to meet up for rehearsals shortly but that axl wouldn't be joining them. Could be just conjecture but Axl was never one for rehearsals and sound checks.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if Promoters didn't put in some sort of clause about on time performance and a system of fines if they're not met.

There was a story doing the rounds that the rest of the band were due to meet up for rehearsals shortly but that axl wouldn't be joining them. Could be just conjecture but Axl was never one for rehearsals and sound checks.

axl only does a few soundchecks each tour, he done one in 2012 in dublin afaik (remember mcd put out a stupid tweet saying 'the encore tonight in dublin would be historic)

15 years ago today, Axl debuted nuGuns at Rock In Rio 3.. And 15 years later he'll be sharing a stage with Slash, who'd have thought that would happen when Slash left in 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

This is either going to be utterly brilliant, or a total f*&king disaster!!!!???

Considering it's a 2 weekend performance, Weekend 1 could be bloody brilliant, Weekend 2 could be car crash central & vice versa, and if the 2 performances are live streamed, then Coachella organizers better hope Axl don't goof up, because Axl & live streams never go hand in hand.

2 hours late, someone throws up a bottle and he walks off.

Slash should bring Myles with him just incase lol

2 hours late, someone throws up a bottle and he walks off.

Slash should bring Myles with him just incase lol

He'll be busy with Alter Bridge and work on their 5th album

An Axl walk off will cause uproar as someone said there will be many clauses in the contracts preventing this

Yeah he had a lateness clause in his contract for Rock In Rio in 2011, didn't stop him showing up late, though technically not his fault..

• Advertisement

Does he sleep or something before going on stage ??

Advertisement