Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This is the one i'm currently looking at

Guns_N_Roses-Appetite_For_Destruction-Trasera.jpg

Okay. I've seen an almost identical picture with Marc canter in it. Do you have the album in front of you lithium ? There are pictures on the inside of the cd version. I'll check mine when I get home but I'm almost certain that's where I saw it.

Lithium kudos for pulling this stuff from memory. That's dedication. Although looking at the back of the fecking album cover is cheating😝😝

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay. I've seen an almost identical picture with Marc canter in it. Do you have the album in front of you lithium ? There are pictures on the inside of the cd version. I'll check mine when I get home but I'm almost certain that's where I saw it.

Think you might be seeing things, looking at the back of the booklet now, and there ain't any photos of the band sat down, just live shots and this photo at the end of the booklet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYT5cDcFYap_sTUSheOViBhIu5kbL87E2ikbvcT7_2KKL4JDqaDw

Lithium kudos for pulling this stuff from memory. That's dedication. Although looking at the back of the fecking album cover is cheating😝😝

Well i've played the cd so many times over the years, so am used to looking at the back of it..

Think you might be seeing things, looking at the back of the booklet now, and there ain't any photos of the band sat down, just live shots and this photo at the end of the booklet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYT5cDcFYap_sTUSheOViBhIu5kbL87E2ikbvcT7_2KKL4JDqaDw
    🤔 It's not my imagination lithium. The **** did I see it then ? That's annoying me now.

• Advertisement

🤔 It's not my imagination lithium. The **** did I see it then ? That's annoying me now.

Might have been a bootleg version you saw..

Lithium whats the 93 in reference to ? Year of birth ?

Might have been a bootleg version you saw..

I don't have to bootleg versions of GNR albums. Christ this is annoying me now. The gauntlet is throw lithium😂😂😂 I'm finding that picture.

Lithium whats the 93 in reference to ? Year of birth ?

It's a reference to the year I was born, and Lithium after my favourite Nirvana song.. Little backstory on my username :D

I don't have to bootleg versions of GNR albums. Christ this is annoying me now. The gauntlet is throw lithium😂😂😂 I'm finding that picture.

I'm curious to see this image as well now, post it when you find it..

• Advertisement

Right, I've looked through AFD, Reckless road the book, slash's book, Stevens book, and duffs book and the photo isn't there.
    found it

ob_f3cb5f_cantergnr.gif

That is a pretty cool photo.

I'm blaring some UYI I through the headphones. Don't damn me is a cracking song in fairness. I take it my username is self explanatory yeah ? My first taste of GNR was watching terminator 2 on video in my cousins and seeing a bass drum with the gnr logo in around 1993ish. I was eight. I then bought live era in 99 and became friends with a guy in college who was a huge GNR fan and got the music off him and then bought the albums and that reinforced my love for the band. I survived the mess in 2010 and saw a class gig in 2012

The only GN'R documentary i've found on YouTube is their Behind The Music one, don't think the Perfect Crime documentary has ever seen the light of day, and i'm going by what Slash said in his book..
    Seven days in rio

Both Illusions albums are excellent, kind of tough picking a favourite, as it for me anyway it changes depending on mood, Don't Damn Me should've been played live, has that live vibe to it, My first exposure to GN'R, well nuGN'R at the time was Oh My God from Arnold's End Of Days film, good film, but hasn't aged well. Have yet to see GN'R live, this year or next hopefully now..

I know it's wishful thinking, but will we finally see a 7th Guns album?

Both Illusions albums are excellent, kind of tough picking a favourite, as it for me anyway it changes depending on mood, Don't Damn Me should've been played live, has that live vibe to it, My first exposure to GN'R, well nuGN'R at the time was Oh My God from Arnold's End Of Days film, good film, but hasn't aged well. Have yet to see GN'R live, this year or next hopefully now..

I know it's wishful thinking, but will we finally see a 7th Guns album?

I'm delighted they released all 30 songs from the two albums given what happened afterwards. Some of the songs are better than others but all of them contribute to the GNR history.

Well I wasn't very confident of a new album but with the developments recently you'd never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Right, I've looked through AFD, Reckless road the book, slash's book, Stevens book, and duffs book and the photo isn't there.
    found it

ob_f3cb5f_cantergnr.gif

Where did you find that Cool photo in between look at the camera moment

Where did you find that Cool photo in between look at the camera moment

I found it online but I know I've seen it somewhere other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I found it online but I know I've seen it somewhere other than that.

Just seeing all this now lads...I could have told you from the start that it's the pic on the back cover of Reckless Road :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Just seeing all this now lads...I could have told you from the start that it's the pic on the back cover of Reckless Road :pac::pac:

What ? I checked that book last night. Now fair enough it was after a feed of pints but still. Jesus Christ 😂😂

Well now this could be interesting IF TRUE
    Former Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven has claimed that Izzy Stradlin has written with the band recently

http://www.alternativenation.net/izzy-stradlin-is-writing-new-music-with-guns-n-roses/

I would take it with a grain of salt lithium. It might be true but sure another former manager Vicky Hamilton said that she spoke to slash and she said a reunion wasn't happening which it clearly is.

I would take it with a grain of salt lithium. It might be true but sure another former manager Vicky Hamilton said that she spoke to slash and she said a reunion wasn't happening which it clearly is.

I'd take what Alan Niven says over Vicky Hamilton, as clichéd as it is ''Never say never'', also maybe Vicky Hamilton was just bull****ting about a reunion not happening as to not arouse any suspicion before talks had even begun..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Niven is still close to Izzy. Duff posted on social media a few months back that he was recording with Izzy but never said what the project was.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

no press or conferences from band members before coachella.

that means no tour annoucement or anything.

saw an article saying shows in the Us, key parts of Europe and South America are planned.

Well Coachella is still 3 months away, maybe the no press/conference means it's still all being hashed out behind the scenes, remember GN'R aren't your normal functioning band, Axl has his reps, Duff has his, Slash has his, so you know, just a little patience..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well Coachella is still 3 months away, maybe the no press/conference means it's still all being hashed out behind the scenes, remember GN'R aren't your normal functioning band, Axl has his reps, Duff has his, Slash has his, so you know, just a little patience..

the whole thing could of been done so differently and better than it was. annouced over facebook/instagram,

They could of done a countdown clock, Press conference etc, denied by band members and then pow a confirmation comes out of nowhere

stuff is still being finalized behind the scenes id say and will be up until coachella. please god its not a shambles

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the whole thing could of been done so differently and better than it was. annouced over facebook/instagram,

They could of done a countdown clock, Press conference etc, denied by band members and then pow a confirmation comes out of nowhere

stuff is still being finalized behind the scenes id say and will be up until coachella. please god its not a shambles

Yeah could've been done differently, but in this day and age, Instagram/Facebook/Twitter are the ways most get their news nowadays, I would imagine once the line up, well the remaining spots have been filled, a press conference will follow, hopefully Axl's ''management'' don't cock it all up..

• Advertisement

Yeah could've been done differently, but in this day and age, Instagram/Facebook/Twitter are the ways most get their news nowadays, I would imagine once the line up, well the remaining spots have been filled, a press conference will follow, hopefully Axl's ''management'' don't cock it all up..

Glad you put management in quotes lithium. They come across as a bunch of chancers.

Advertisement