Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can't post it as I'm on my phone but welcome to the jungle from the vmas 1988 is just perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like Itssoeasy said, pure perfection, hands down the best live version of Jungle.

Cheers brother lithium. It's an amazing performance of jungle. The opening part where Axl does the kind of growl sets the tone.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Cheers brother lithium. It's an amazing performance of jungle. The opening part where Axl does the kind of growl sets the tone.

No problem, it's my go to version of Jungle, with The Ritz version a very close 2nd, the opening growl is goosebumpy, just shows when Axl was ''on'' so to speak he was brilliant..

Also I've alway preferred the lies version of you're crazy to the appetite version and the version online from the late show is class and on the same show they play used to love her aswell.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No problem, it's my go to version of Jungle, with The Ritz version a very close 2nd, the opening growl is goosebumpy, just shows when Axl was ''on'' so to speak he was brilliant..

Yeah it wasn't like the later version where he goes up and down but in this version he just keeps it going in one blast. Also I've been watching illusion tour pro shot videos and I know axls voice can be iffy these days but he sounded like he gargled bleach before some shows in 1991

They were a great band when they were plugged in & unplugged, more fond of this version of You're Crazy than the version on Lies & Appetite..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Like Itssoeasy said, pure perfection, hands down the best live version of Jungle.

Sh*t cool.

Yeah it wasn't like the later version where he goes up and down but in this version he just keeps it going in one blast. Also I've been watching illusion tour pro shot videos and I know axls voice can be iffy these days but he sounded like he gargled bleach before some shows in 1991

Jungle from Rock Am Ring 2006 as well, brilliant version, he was even a bit hit or miss in '91, but once they got into a groove touring, Axl's voice got better

And i'm just basing this on what I've seen on YouTube, would loved to have seen Guns in their prime..

Jungle from Rock Am Ring 2006 as well, brilliant version, he was even a bit hit or miss in '91, but once they got into a groove touring, Axl's voice got better

And i'm just basing this on what I've seen on YouTube, would loved to have seen Guns in their prime..

There is some stuff from VERY early on in 1986 and axls voice is actually too perfect and a bit out of control as its too powerful if that makes sense. Axl was hit and miss during the UYI tour but his power was there.

• Advertisement

Would imagine there's a whole lot of early and later era GN'R stuff that hasn't been seen by fans, that is being hoarded/kept in a vault under lock and key by Axl, there was even supposed to be an Illusions tour documentary..

Also as appetite hadn't been recorded yet some of the songs have a different feel to them. I mean the don't cry(alt lyrics) was played in 1986 and I was under the impression that the version on UYI II was a spur of the moment thing but clearly not.

Lithium do you have the reckless road book ?

Would imagine there's a whole lot of early and later era GN'R stuff that hasn't been seen by fans, that is being hoarded/kept in a vault under lock and key by Axl, there was even supposed to be an Illusions tour documentary..

Isn't some of that on YouTube and wasn't it meant to be called perfect crime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

F&@kin savage

Also as appetite hadn't been recorded yet some of the songs have a different feel to them. I mean the don't cry(alt lyrics) was played in 1986 and I was under the impression that the version on UYI II was a spur of the moment thing but clearly not.

Lithium do you have the reckless road book ?

Would be cool if the band did something to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Appetite next year, or even release a deluxe edition of the album with demos, i'm sure someone somewhere has the demos to Appetite

Don't have the Reckless Road book, been meaning to get my hands on a copy

Isn't some of that on YouTube and wasn't it meant to be called perfect crime ?

The only GN'R documentary i've found on YouTube is their Behind The Music one, don't think the Perfect Crime documentary has ever seen the light of day, and i'm going by what Slash said in his book..

Would be cool if the band did something to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Appetite next year, or even release a deluxe edition of the album with demos, i'm sure someone somewhere has the demos to Appetite

Don't have the Reckless Road book, been meaning to get my hands on a copy

If you get a chance definitely get reckless road. It's a superb book. I got it soon after it came out and some great pictures and set lists in it. Marc canter recorded the first 30 or so gnr shows.

The only GN'R documentary i've found on YouTube is their Behind The Music one, don't think the Perfect Crime documentary has ever seen the light of day, and i'm going by what Slash said in his book..

Not the whole thing but some rare clips from the UYI tour that Robert John filmed. The one seven day in Rio is good aswell and that is on YouTube. I've realised I know a load of **** about gnr off the top of my head 😄

Marc Canter is sitting on a GN'R gold mine, seeing as he has their first 30 shows on tape.

Not the whole thing but some rare clips from the UYI tour that Robert John filmed. The one seven day in Rio is good aswell and that is on YouTube. I've realised I know a load of **** about gnr off the top of my head ��

I've might have seen the clips in passing, you're not the only one, i know a **** load about GN'R as well, probably because they were the first band i gravitated to in my teens while forming my own musical tastes, and wanting to be different from what my friends were into.

• Advertisement

Marc Canter is sitting on a GN'R gold mine, seeing as he has their first 30 shows on tape.

Well if you get the book you can register online with a unique code that's inside the book the gives you access to video and audio he recorded during that time. If you look at the back of AFD he's the sixth guy siting on the floor. Marc was childhood friends with slash and Axl played November rain(then unreleased) at his wedding.

I've might have seen the clips in passing, you're not the only one, i know a **** load about GN'R as well, probably because they were the first band i gravitated to in my teens while forming my own musical tastes, and wanting to be different from what my friends were into.
    GNR were the first band that I said to myself "I'm a fan of this band." It's actually a shock I got through four years of college and didn't answer any question with some GNR lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Look around lads nothing left for us now video dead radio dead only the memories of those days and even better nights

Well if you get the book you can register online with a unique code that's inside the book the gives you access to video and audio he recorded during that time. If you look at the back of AFD he's the sixth guy siting on the floor. Marc was childhood friends with slash and Axl played November rain(then unreleased) at his wedding.

Looking at the back cover of Appetite, and are you sure Marc is sitting on the floor?? Because i only see Steven, Slash, Duff, & Izzy sitting down, with Axl sat directly behind Izzy..

Marc Canter & Robert John, 2 guys who were there from the beginning, and definitely have a goldmine of early Guns stuff..

Look around lads nothing left for us now video dead radio dead only the memories of those days and even better nights

If GNR do a gig in Ireland this go around, we should do a meet up wherever the gig is. I'm not the only one it seems who is obsessed with that band from LA.

Looking at the back cover of Appetite, and are you sure Marc is sitting on the floor?? Because i only see Steven, Slash, Duff, & Izzy sitting down, with Axl sat directly behind Izzy..

Marc Canter & Robert John, 2 guys who were there from the beginning, and definitely have a goldmine of early Guns stuff..
    yes I'm positive he has a hat on his head.

Some Pro Shot stuff on YouTube, if you find the right accounts.

yes I'm positive he has a hat on his head.

Are you sure, because Izzy is the only one on the back of the album wearing a hat.

Are you sure, because Izzy is the only one on the back of the album wearing a hat.

Unless there are two versions of the same pic. Axl is on the right side of the picture sitting behind the orhers ?

• Advertisement

Unless there are two versions of the same pic. Axl is on the right side of the picture sitting behind the orhers ?

There could be a 2nd version. But this is the one i'm currently looking at.

Guns_N_Roses-Appetite_For_Destruction-Trasera.jpg

Advertisement