Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Huh? Slash hadn't even met her by the time he left GNR, so how would Axl ever have come across her?

I think and if you've read Slash's book, it was Perla's idea to have Slash go to Axl's to try and bury the hatchet, so probably would've been the VR years when Axl developed his hatred for her, I don't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think and if you've read Slash's book, it was Perla's idea to have Slash go to Axl's to try and bury the hatchet, so probably would've been the VR years when Axl developed his hatred for her, I don't know...

Supposedly he said a lot more that night..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Supposedly he said a lot more that night..

Go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Go on....

He's supposed to bad mouthed the members of VR.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He's supposed to bad mouthed the members of VR.

''Supposedly''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Slash and Axl have had a lot more indirect contact than people realise over the years as Axl needed Duff and Slash's permission for licensing of the GNR brand and other business related stuff. Slash sued Axl several times. His business manager was Perla - a former madame and hooker connected to Heidi Fleiss.

Doesn't take much to see why Axl would hate her. I've always got the impression that she instigated those lawsuits too. She used to taunt Axl openly on Twitter too.

Apparently the reunion was in the works since the end of the 2nd Vegas Residency in 2014..

Apparently the reunion was in the works since the end of the 2nd Vegas Residency in 2014..

Yeah Todd kearns who is part of the conspirators posted a blog post about how long him and the others knew it was in the works. It kind of explains why DJ and Ron left alright. So was the Vegas residency the last time axl was on stage with the nu gnr ?

I don't know about the rest of ye lads but about slash and axl and duff in the present tense is really weird and I NEVER taught the reunion would happen.

Yeah Todd kearns who is part of the conspirators posted a blog post about how long him and the others knew it was in the works. It kind of explains why DJ and Ron left alright. So was the Vegas residency the last time axl was on stage with the nu gnr ?

I don't know about the rest of ye lads but about slash and axl and duff in the present tense is really weird and I NEVER taught the reunion would happen.

I always look forward to Todd's blog posts :D, must've been tough for him, Myles, Brent & Frank to keep the secret under wraps for so long, 2014 is the last time Axl was on stage, DJ was gonna leave anyways i feel, especially now seeing as SIXX:AM will be really taking off now that Motley Crue have been put down as a touring band. Ron i never really cared for...

The bitterness in the AH thread towards Axl along with the complete falsehoods and misunderstandings regarding GNR and their legacy is absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement

Red King wrote: »
    The bitterness in the AH thread towards Axl along with the complete falsehoods and misunderstandings regarding GNR and their legacy is absolutely hilarious.

Let them live with their falsehoods and misunderstandings.

The inferior Bon Jovi one...just wtf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You must be mistaken, is this the same AH we are talking about? Usually such good and rational discussion! :pac:

What is this AH you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

One thing which I'm wondering about regarding song choices for the tour: if the band do play any CD songs, would Axl return the favour to Slash and Duff and do a VR number?

I'm thinking specifically of Fall To Pieces, which was supposedly written (the music anyway) during the ill-fated mid-90s sessions before Slash left GNR. I've always thought of this song as the GNR song that got away...many's the time I wondered what it would be like with Axl singing on it. Love that song so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

One thing which I'm wondering about regarding song choices for the tour: if the band do play any CD songs, would Axl return the favour to Slash and Duff and do a VR number?

I'm thinking specifically of Fall To Pieces, which was supposedly written (the music anyway) during the ill-fated mid-90s sessions before Slash left GNR. I've always thought of this song as the GNR song that got away...many's the time I wondered what it would be like with Axl singing on it. Love that song so much.

Thought fall to pieces was a stone temple pilots or more specifically scott weilands song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Thought fall to pieces was a stone temple pilots or more specifically scott weilands song

Fairly sure I've seen it mentioned as originating from those GNR sessions. I'm open to correction though. Weiland certainly wrote the lyrics. Fairly prophetic video too.

Fairly sure I've seen it mentioned as originating from those GNR sessions. I'm open to correction though. Weiland certainly wrote the lyrics. Fairly prophetic video too.

You are correct, Fall To Pieces began as a Guns N' Roses song.

And Axl backed it up in when he showed up on MYGNR
    Slash played the key bits of Fall to Pieces, but once I showed some interest that was over.
    (Axl, MyGNR, 12/14/08)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Any one curious as to how quiet Steve Alder is at the moment if he was out he'd be giving interviews about how he was shafted and if he was in he'd be shouting it from the roof tops via social media
    Would love to see him step in for a run of appetite songs then if izzy just happens to wander on like he does during the opening strains to mr brownstone well that'd be worth the ticket price alone
    Sort of an apt song for them all to reunite too thinking about it

You are correct, Fall To Pieces began as a Guns N' Roses song.

And Axl backed it up in when he showed up on MYGNR

(Axl, MyGNR, 12/14/08)

Wait now, Slash played it for Axl, Axl showed some interest, so they shelved it?

Am I reading that right?

• Advertisement

Wait now, Slash played it for Axl, Axl showed some interest, so they shelved it?

Am I reading that right?
    google Axl Q+A mygnrforum

There's a whole sub forum dedicated to Axl's Q+A's on MYGNR from 2008, and i actually take back what i said about MYGNR - About it being full of loons/sycophants, Here Today Gone To Hell is worse, far worse..

Am I reading that right?

Yeah you read that right, key bits were played, I always wondered what that song would sound like with Axl's vocals, and the Slash's Snakepit album It's Five O' Clock Somewhere was to be the next GN'R album, but you probably knew that.

Yeah you read that right, key bits were played, I always wondered what that song would sound like with Axl's vocals, and the Slash's Snakepit album It's Five O' Clock Somewhere was to be the next GN'R album, but you probably knew that.

Woah. If i did know that, I'd forgotten. Wow.

There's a whole sub forum dedicated to Axl's Q+A's on MYGNR from 2008, and i actually take back what i said about MYGNR - About it being full of loons/sycophants, Here Today Gone To Hell is worse, far worse..

If you think HTGTH is bad (it is, Jarmo is a ****) then avoid gnrtruth forum. Home of the infamous Warchild (Multiple Personality Psychopath)

If you think HTGTH is bad (it is, Jarmo is a ****) then avoid gnrtruth forum. Home of the infamous Warchild (Multiple Personality Psychopath)

I've been around the GN'R forums, MYGNR is the lesser of the aforementioned evils

I've been around the GN'R forums, MYGNR is the lesser of the aforementioned evils

I know I've been posting there since 2006

HTGTH seems to have removed slash from his status as the devil incarnate though. Although some of them aren't taking it well at all. Apparently axl should say sorry for ruining their paradise of nuguns. I mean I saw that version twice and yes they are good musicians but if faced with the option of axl, slash, duff and others I'd take the latter.

HTGTH seems to have removed slash from his status as the devil incarnate though. Although some of them aren't taking it well at all. Apparently axl should say sorry for ruining their paradise of nuguns. I mean I saw that version twice and yes they are good musicians but if faced with the option of axl, slash, duff and others I'd take the latter.

HTGTH and GNRTRUTH forums are home to legit cult-like psychopaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

pure energy,addiction and raw power

Advertisement