Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was something a few years ago (circa 2010) that he did sleep 2 and a half hours before going onstage, am open to correction on that.

Ah ha, here we go, knew there was something about a bed.
    http://fasterlouder.junkee.com/axl-roses-rider/814290

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

One of the "conditions" on their new version of the GNR Fanclub "NightTrain":

"Touring NOT Guaranteed" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One of the "conditions" on their new version of the GNR Fanclub "NightTrain":

"Touring NOT Guaranteed" :D

Signed up for the digital membership. The delivery cost for the deluxe package was 100 dollars no way would I pay that.

Heard the price for the veges shows are very high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I think they'll be allowed to go on late during the second show. It's on the same evening as Manny Pacquiao's 'final' fight at the MGM...not sure that matters. I don't know when they went on during the last residency. Christ that 'Axl's ryder' article is pathetic and I mean more so for the fact that it mentions nearly everything in the room. 6 champagne glasses, 2 sandwiches, 1 large carpet, 1 bathroom mat...I for one respect the fact that Axl was the only one to say nothing regarding the others over the years bar the odd concert rant or two. Still though, I'd be interested to know what the real problem was other than one had huge personal problems and the other was high for nearly 30 years..

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I think they'll be allowed to go on late during the second show. It's on the same evening as Manny Pacquiao's 'final' fight at the MGM...not sure that matters. I don't know when they went on during the last residency. Christ that 'Axl's ryder' article is pathetic and I mean more so for the fact that it mentions nearly everything in the room. 6 champagne glasses, 2 sandwiches, 1 large carpet, 1 bathroom mat...I for one respect the fact that Axl was the only one to say nothing regarding the others over the years bar the odd concert rant or two. Still though, I'd be interested to know what the real problem was other than one had huge personal problems and the other was high for nearly 30 years..

It was easy to respect Axl not saying anything post implosion, because he was never seen publically after the RNRHOF Ceremony in '94, until he reappeared in '98 after being arrested, and him not saying anything post implosion still doesn't excuse him for being an ego maniacal cock during the Illusions tour.. And he ain't exactly an Angel, he made some harsh remarks towards Slash after Chinese Democracy FINALLY saw the light of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It was easy to respect Axl not saying anything post implosion, because he was never seen publically after the RNRHOF Ceremony in '94, until he reappeared in '98 after being arrested, and him not saying anything post implosion still doesn't excuse him for being an ego maniacal cock during the Illusions tour.. And he ain't exactly an Angel, he made some harsh remarks towards Slash after Chinese Democracy FINALLY saw the light of day.

Hey,I'm not picking sides. Alls I'm sayin is..for all the bashin he got from his bandmates and media he kept pretty quiet up until recently when fair enough he went in on Slash. I'm on about the Q n' A article I cited recently. It doesn't paint Slash in a great light. Then again who knows if it's true. It's just that it was and is interesting to hear a different side to the story and it makes sense to me in a way when people consider that Axl was the sober one. I'm not condoning the late starts which seems to me the only thing that actually (effect/affects??) peoples lives. Though it's being happening for a long time now and still people buy a ticket. Went to see the nuGuns in 2006..said I'd plenty of time..He was early and I was late...I enjoyed both shows since..His voice wasn't bad once he stopped moving around in 2010..Also people make it seem like he was at CD 9-5 7 days a week for years. If I had to guess he was tinkering at it...

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Hey,I'm not picking sides. Alls I'm sayin is..for all the bashin he got from his bandmates and media he kept pretty quiet up until recently when fair enough he went in on Slash. I'm on about the Q n' A article I cited recently. It doesn't paint Slash in a great light. Then again who knows if it's true. It's just that it was and is interesting to hear a different side to the story and it makes sense to me in a way when people consider that Axl was the sober one. I'm not condoning the late starts which seems to me the only thing that actually (effect/affects??) peoples lives. Though it's being happening for a long time now and still people buy a ticket. Went to see the nuGuns in 2006..said I'd plenty of time..He was early and I was late...I enjoyed both shows since..His voice wasn't bad once he stopped moving around in 2010..Also people make it seem like he was at CD 9-5 7 days a week for years. If I had to guess he was tinkering at it...

Yeah it's a little bit more diplomatic here regarding ''sides'', unlike certain GN'R fan forums.. Maybe Axl just couldn't be bothered with the usual mud slinging that comes after a band following up, though maybe we'll get his side of the story someday, IF he releases an autobiography, lord knows I'd love to read Axl's side of the band collapsing in the mid '90's & the years that followed, especially the long winding road to Chinese.. IF Axl & Slash can bury the hatchet 22 years after their last show together, and 20 years since Slash leaving the band, goes to show that time heals all wounds... Either that OR a **** tonne of cash, don't think the moving around has anything to do with Axl's voice, think it's more how he sings..

Well he had to have been doing something over the gestation period of Chinese Democracy, it's shouldn't take nearly 2 decades to release an album..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's amazing how fast stuff seems to have moved since it was announced. I mean we heard feck all for nearly two years.The website seems to be even better. Also it's seems everyone is claiming responsibility for the reunion.

Axl probably did the right thing by saying nothing for about seven years. But on the flip side it didn't help either as all the other former band members said all this stuff about him(true or not) and as he said nothing it was taken as the truth.

• Advertisement

Everything is moving fast, which for GN'R is odd..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Everything is moving fast, which for GN'R is odd..

Move quickly and don't let them think about it too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Guns N’ Roses are one of the most successful rock bands of all time, with their debut album Appetite for Destruction selling over 30 million copies worldwide and spawning some of the most famous rock songs ever written, like Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O’ Mine and Paradise City. Since that release in 1987, the original line-up of Guns N’ Roses have gone to sell over 80 million records worldwide, releasing G N’ R Lies 1988, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II in 1991, and The Spaghetti Incident? in 1993.

No they didn't Adler was fired in 90 and Stradlin left a month or 2 after Illusions was released GNR Lies isn't even a proper album....articles like these clarify that the its Slash and Axl getting together to strike this business deal is the main thing the rest are just hired guns including Slash :)

No they didn't Adler was fired in 90 and Stradlin left a month or 2 after Illusions was released GNR Lies isn't even a proper album....articles like these clarify that the its Slash and Axl getting together to strike this business deal is the main thing the rest are just hired guns including Slash :)

Ah I'd be more annoyed if they got dates wrong like one article where it said that slash and axl will appear on the stage for the first time since 1996. :mad:
    Yeah but izzy was involved in five of the bands albums of original material since 1985. Steven was involved in four albums(he did "drum" on civil war on UYI I)

That's madness that the two Vegas gigs are sold out. Axl, slash, and duff are setting yo the retirement fund nicely.

I wonder if promoters that were on the fence will look at this and give the band what they're asking for more willingly.

Well having Slash & Duff back in the band would no doubt help shift the ticket sales..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I wonder if promoters that were on the fence will look at this and give the band what they're asking for more willingly.

Not really, Vegas is different to everywhere else, sure it's sold out but how many were sent over to stubhub (ticketbastards partner)

Guessing a lot of promotors will be in touch with each other, talking about contract clauses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

bit the bullet and got me some tix for the first show - be cool to be there at the very first gig of this incarnation of the band - Slash/Duff may pop up somewhere for a surprise gig in the nights before too - couldn't see Axl doing it

(got them at a premium through stubhub which is a joke, over 2000 tickets up for sale on it within 2 hours of general release) but still probably in the ball park of what i would have paid -

just hoping they make it to the stage now and sure i might go see them on the Saturday before i head back if i win on the slots and pokers

taking in the Killers too on the Wednesday less than 100 bucks for 2 tix there, cant go wrong

we're going to Vegas Baby!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

evillive wrote: »
    bit the bullet and got me some tix for the first show - be cool to be there at the very first gig of this incarnation of the band - Slash/Duff may pop up somewhere for a surprise gig in the nights before too - couldn't see Axl doing it

(got them at a premium through stubhub which is a joke, over 2000 tickets up for sale on it within 2 hours of general release) but still probably in the ball park of what i would have paid -

just hoping they make it to the stage now and sure i might go see them on the Saturday before i head back if i win on the slots and pokers

taking in the Killers too on the Wednesday less than 100 bucks for 2 tix there, cant go wrong

Enjoy u lucky sob

evillive wrote: »

....Can't decide which is worse here endorsing touts or endorsing the Killers.

Dizzy Reed and Richard Fortus have left the Dead Daisies I wonder why?? :D

Doug Aldrich already confirmed replacing Fortus as they work on a new album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-and-dizzy-reed-exit-the-dead-daisies-to-take-part-in-momentous-project/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kenpachi

Would imagine there's a whole lot of early and later era GN'R stuff that hasn't been seen by fans, that is being hoarded/kept in a vault under lock and key by Axl, there was even supposed to be an Illusions tour documentary..

Did I read somewhere years ago that there was a fire at a warehouse in LA in the 90's and that loads of live stuff from GnR was lost forever??
    Stuff from the UYI tour???

Or am I imagining it?

kenpachi wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere years ago that there was a fire at a warehouse in LA in the 90's and that loads of live stuff from GnR was lost forever??
    Stuff from the UYI tour???

Or am I imagining it?

I think you are imagining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

You have to love badly-researched tabloid articles :pac:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/what-guns-n-roses-look-7247899

I know Izzy and Gilby were may have had a similar style when it came to their guitar playing but not quite sure they were actually the same person lol

I'm wondering what songs that haven't been played by GNR since the illusions tour might be played this time around.

Slash has played Double Talkin Jive and a few others. I'd love to hear pretty tied up to be played.

You have to love badly-researched tabloid articles :pac:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/what-guns-n-roses-look-7247899

I know Izzy and Gilby were may have had a similar style when it came to their guitar playing but not quite sure they were actually the same person lol

Ah here. Jesus H christ that's poor going. And I love to way he says that slash wasn't wearing his top hat to keep a low profile. You'd swear he wears it all the time. It's not that bad an article but that gilby/izzy mix up was a beauty.

GN'R throwing shade at those claiming to have had a part in the reunion

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/692524095532089345?lang=en

• Advertisement

Beat ya too it lad :P

Advertisement