Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Turbo Fire -Fire 30 - 214 calories. Lots of burpees and squat jumps!!

Rest day today. Have just sat down with a glass of wine - nice :-) Hubbie away for weekend so lots of 'girlie' things planned with the kids but will fit in a good workout tomorrow and Sunday (probably when they are in bed and I have all the jobs done!). Good news - lost a pound this weeks so happy girl :-) :-)

Workout done, shower done, pjs on and feel great! TurboFire - Fire 55EZ tonight - 344 calories.

Turbo Fire - Fire 45 done last night - 374 calories.

Turbo Fire - Fire 45EZ / Stretch 10 - 354 calories. Off now to imagine myself in some of the Golden Globes dresses on tv :-)

• Advertisement

Turbo Fire - HIIT 25 & Tone 30 done. Actually woke up the kids with the noise of my jumps and burpess!! (bad mother :-) ) Sore after Tone 30 - will definitely feel it in my arms tomorrow. Anyway 398 calories down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Auster23

Hi Methven,

Just stumbled on your posts and found them really interesting and inspirational. As a fellow veggie and relatively healthy eater, I find it tough to lose weight by improving my diet. Turbo Fire sounds really interesting and I'm definitely going to get it. Just one question for you and apologies if you mentioned it in a post already; how are you measuring your heart rate and calorie burn? Did you buy a monitor to use with your work outs or does it come with the DVDs. Thanks and good luck!

Auster23 wrote: »
    Hi Methven,

Just stumbled on your posts and found them really interesting and inspirational. As a fellow veggie and relatively healthy eater, I find it tough to lose weight by improving my diet. Turbo Fire sounds really interesting and I'm definitely going to get it. Just one question for you and apologies if you mentioned it in a post already; how are you measuring your heart rate and calorie burn? Did you buy a monitor to use with your work outs or does it come with the DVDs. Thanks and good luck!

Aah thanks! Nice to be an inspiaration to someone :). Yes I loooooooooooove Turbo Fire and actually look forward to doing it every day. The cardio part is great and I'm on a high afterwards. I like the streching ones less but I know it has to be done. Check out adverts.ie or ebay etc for less expensive copies. My one came with a green lower body band but I needed to buy a resistance band also - most sports shops have them. Some versions of Turbo Fire come with them so check first. There is also a 5 day diet plan to start off with - Inferno I think its called - but as you are a veggie too its not a huge amount of use. I have dropped a lot of inches following the programme and will definitely do it again when I'm finished this round. I plan to start Chalean Extreme soon and might do a mix of the two programmes. And yes definitely get yourself a Heart Rate Monitor - I have a Polar FT7 but there are lots of different brands out there. Great for knowing how many calories you have burned and monitoring heart rate. By the way when you start do the 'new to class' option as it breaks down the moves. Don't get too disheartened - the moves take a couple of weeks to be able to follow.

I also log all my food and exercise on myfitnesspal.com. Great for keeping track of both and looking at breakdown of carbs (my downfall :o), protein, fats etc.

Hope that helps and best of luck with it. Let me know how you get on with it - it will be nice to have a fellow Turbo Firer here :)

Rest day yesterday. Fire 55EZ tonight - 365 calories.

Another rest day yesterday - a bit strange to have two in one week but I'm trying to follow the schedule as much as I can.

Tonight - Turbo 45EZ - 374 calories. Did loads of cleaning today as well so hopefully that has burned a few more calories :-)

• Advertisement

Turbo Fire - Hiit 25 & Tone 30 done - 350 calories. Out for lunch today with friends but was sooooo good :-)

Turbo Fire - Fire 60 & Abs 10 done. 441 calories. Will really feel it in my abs tomorrow. Only 10 minutes long but tough!! Fire 60 challenging too - non stop for 1 hour. Good news is I had to tighten my heart rate monitor strap again - definitely losing the inches around my back. Just needs to move down to my tummy area now :-)

Turbo Fire - Fire 45 EZ & Lower 20 done - 411 calories. Its amazing what an elastic band (more or less) can be used for in a lower body workout!!

Turbo Fire - Fire 30 & Upper 20 - 241 calories. Arms shaking after the latter!!

Turbo Fire - Fire 55EZ and Abs 10 - 354 calories. Great workout - my favourtie long one.

Half day from work today due to family commitments. Busy busy busy but managed to fit a short workout in. Did Turbo Fire - HIIT 20 and Core 20. Only 200 calories but better than sitting on the couch :-). Rest day tomorrow so will be reporting back in on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Well done, you've great commitment.

Picked up a bug from my 5 year old so no workout for me today and probably not tomorrow :-( Hopefully all the coughing will give me abs of steel!

Aw get well soon, this damn little germy ones eh?

Aw get well soon, this damn little germy ones eh?

I know! Still have high temp and cough today so we're both at home catching up on episodes of Peppa, Dora, Ben & Holly......!! So won't be able for a workout today :-( On a brighter note I've received my copy of Chalean Extreme (got it for a very good price) so will be ready to start that when I'm finished Turbo Fire. My weights are in kgs so must do up a conversion calculation into pounds - don't think my poor brain is up to that today :-)

• Advertisement

My top Chalean tip
    Get you calculator
    Print out copy of the workout sheet from the beachbody site.
    as you can see in the pic I watched through with my remote control and jotted down what weight chalene used in pounds for each exercise, then subratcted 20% for my starting weight. Then I knew which kilo wights to choose. You can also get a sharpe marker write the conversion on your plates/dumbells.
    Hope that helps :)

5efbb739.jpg

My top Chalean tip
    Get you calculator
    Print out copy of the workout sheet from the beachbody site.
    as you can see in the pic I watched through with my remote control and jotted down what weight chalene used in pounds for each exercise, then subratcted 20% for my starting weight. Then I knew which kilo wights to choose. You can also get a sharpe marker write the conversion on your plates/dumbells.
    Hope that helps :)

5efbb739.jpg
    Thanks so much - a good tip. Did you eventually work your way up to 100%?

No but that's ok, I knew I was doing the most *I* could do and did make progress from week to week. As chalean says strength doesn't know a number, it only knows working to failure.
    It really is an awesome programme, she is so inspiring. Be sure to take before pics and measurements. I did pics every 30 days and even though I only lost a couple of pounds you can see a definite difference.

No workout today either. Still have a temp, bad cough and runny nose :-( Youngest has it now so house is full of germs. Just concentrating on trying to eat healthy and hopefully not gain this week.

Well its been a very long and very sick week. Thankfully starting to feel human today as temp has come down to normalish levels. So will be going back to work tmw and hope to feel up to a workout. Lost 4 pounds in 5 days which was very freaky as no exercise was done and I made sure to eat my calories. Obviously all the water loss from the high temp!! Great to feel human again :-)

Oh dear you poor thing, glad to hear you're on the mend. Take it easy getting back to it.

Thanks! I'm even happy to be back at work :D I'll see how I am later on but hope to be able to do a short workout to get back into the swing of things.

Still a bit coughy last night so gave the workout a skip. Brighteyed and bushytailed at 5.10am today so got up. Did Turbo Fire - Fire 30 and Upper 20 - 383 calories. Nice to be back at it.:)

Wide awake early again this morning so workout done and dusted. Turbo Fire - Fire 55EZ and Abs 10 - 466 calories. A great feeling to be on the way to work buzzed and ready for the day :-)

• Advertisement

Good stuff!

Advertisement