Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is it!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Methven

Wow, makes me glad I gave you my copy :D

Serously, kudos to you, sounds hard
    Thanks DCD. Hopefully I'll do you proud :-D

Three words to describe me now:
    Stinky (Pepe le Pew comes to mind)
    Relieved (finished my first Insanity workout)
    Proud - yipee I was able to do it!

Yes its very tough but I was able to keep up. The HIIT training from Turbo Fire really helped I think. The only part I didn't keep up was when they were doing those super speedy pushups - I went at my own pace for those as there was no way I could do them as fast. Eventually :-D I got a bit confused when he did a really fast version of the warmup - I thought we had started the intervals and then nearly collapaed when he said 'that's the warmup finished' !! It's also quite comforting to see most of the people in the class stopping at some stage because they are wrecked!

So Pylometric Cardio Circuit done - 478 cals :-) :-) :-) Off now for a shower before hubby faints :-D

Insanity - Cardio Power & Resistance done! 461 cals. Great workout and so buzzed up now. Lots of pylometrics, pushups (I'm going to be amazing at these by the end :-) ) and loads of motivation from Shaun T. Really enjoying this so far :-)

Insanity - Cardio Recovery. 153 cals. Lots of stretching, slow squats & lunges etc. Important to do and no doubt will help my aching muscles :-D. Back to hardcore cardio tomorrow.

Up at 6 - Insanity Pure Cardio done and dusted. 451 cals. Lots of lovely pushup jacks to wake me up :-D Towards the end of the workout most of the participants are sprawled on the ground or Shaun T has pulled them out as they are too wrecked and therefore don't have correct form. That really helps as they all seem extremely fit! Very tough day at work coming up so at least I'm buzzed up to handle whatever is thrown at me :-)

• Advertisement

Friday - Insanity Pylometric Cardio Circuit. 411 cals. Very tired so reckon effort was only 90%. Still enjoyed it though and definitely felt more awake afterwards. Today is rest day - badly needed :-) so first week of Insanity over. So glad I started this programme. Looking forward to starting week 2 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Good going girl, you're an inspiration!

Week 2 of Insanity. Sunday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 384 cals. A few interruptions from the kids so calorie burn not as high as it should be. A bit hungover yesterday due to a few too many red wines on Sat away with friends. Got it done though and felt way better afterwards :-)

Didn't get around to logging the rest of my Insanity workouts this week but did them all :-) Here are the rest of Week 2 facts & figures:
    Monday - Pure Cardio - 360 - tough! Shaun T is even nervous about doing this one. People drop like flies during this!
    Tuesday - Cardio Circuit - 444 cals.
    Wednesday - Cardio Recovery - 195 cals. Lots of squats & lunges and holding them. Bum sore!!!
    Thursday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 345 cals.
    Friday - Pure Cardio (again - aaagh!) plus Cardio Abs - 456 cals.
    Saturday - 'Rest' day (yeah right :-D )So week 2 done - phew!
    Tomorrow I have my 2nd Fit Test. Will be interesting to see if my scores go up. Also have my daughter's 4th birthday with 15 of her friends. That may well be more of a fit test than Insanity!!

Fit Test 2 done - 217 cals
    Switch Kicks - (144 /2) - 72 (+4)
    Power Jacks - 64 (+10)
    Power Knees - 103 (+23!)
    Power Jumps - 45 (+8)
    Globe Jumps - 10 rotations (+1)
    Suicide Jumps - 15 (no change)
    Pushup Jacks - 21 (+5)
    Low Plank Obliques - 71 (+17!)

Woo hoo!! Delighted with the improvement in just 2 weeks :-) :-) :-) Bring on Week 3!

• Advertisement

Wow, great numbers, well done!

Mad week last week and only updating log now.

Insanity Week 3:
    Monday - Cardio Circuit - 388 cals
    Tuesday - Purs Cardio & Cardio Abs - 439 cals
    Wednesday - Cardio Recovery - 178 cals
    Thursday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 363 cals
    Friday - Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 387 cals
    Saturday - Rest day

Insanity Week 4: Think I'm getting a good bit fitter - heart rate consistently lower during the workouts despite putting as much effort in :)
    Sunday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 350 cals
    Monday - Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 383 cals

Week 4 continued:
    Tuesday - Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs - 429 cals
    Wednesday - Cardio Recovery - 167 cals
    Thursday - Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 391 cals
    Friday - Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs - 417 cals
    Away for a week now travelling with work. Back then and off down country for long weekend so will probably have to repeat week 4 when I come back.

Well long time no post!! Can't believe its been over 2 months :o:o:o Fell off the wagon slightly fittness wise due to mainly work stuff (redundancy soon -blaagh!). Anyway there is only so much I can do about the latter whereas I can do a lot to get back on track with food, strength and fitness. Plus I always feel waaaaaaaaaay better when I'm looking after myself healthwise. So I started Insanity again yesterday. Did my fit test yesterday and Pylometric Cardio Circuit today. Results below. I also plan to add 3 days of strength trainning each week.

Week 1
    Sunday: Fit Test 1 - 260 calories
    Switch Kicks - (154/2) = 77
    Power Jacks - 48
    Power Knees - 80
    Power Jumps - 32
    Globe Jumps - 9
    Suicide Jumps - 11
    Pushup Jacks - 15
    Low Plank Obliques - 54
    Monday: Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 466 calories

So welcome back to me and Happy New Year to all!

Week 1
    Tuesday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 406 calories. Feeling great being back at it although can hardly move!!

Great to see you back, sorry to hear about the job :/
    Hope you're not too sore todday now!

Week 1
    Wednesday: Cardio Recovery - 159 calories. A kind of recovery day designed for body to stretch out after all the intense cardio. Not a big calorie burner but a lot of holding squats, lunges etc - a killer on the thighs and ass :eek:

Week 1
    Thursday - Pure Cardio - 413 calories. Forgot that this one doesn't really have any breaks! Phew!! Feeling good this morning though and have lost the Christmas bloaty feeling.

Week 1
    Friday - Cardio Pylometric Circuit - 430 cals.
    Saturday - rest day (yeah right !! Mammy taxi all day!)

Week 2 Insanity
    Sunday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 377 calories. Nearly got sick after that one :-( but an hour later and I feel great :-)

• Advertisement

Week 2 Insanity
    Monday - due to unforseen events didn't get a chance to do a workout so will take Monday as rest day and do Saturday instead not ideal but sometimes life interrupts!
    Tuesday - Pure Cardio - 365 calories.

Will log my todays details later when I get a chance to do it.

Week 2 Insanity
    Wednesday - Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 354 calories. It's amazing how quickly the calorie count comes down with same effort. Despite that big smile on my red face now :-) C'Mon Y'alllllllll!!!!!!

Insanity Week 2
    Thursday - Cardio Recovery. Badly needed :D 117 cals - mainly streching/squatting/lunging etc. My 4 year old asked me this morning 'will you be working out with Shaun today?' :):) She obviously likes the look of Shaun T - thats my girl!!

Week 2 Insanity
    Friday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 416 calories. I don't like travelling pushups!!

Will do & post today's workout later when I get an hour to myself.

Week 2 Insanity
    Saturday - Pure Cardio - 340 calories and Cardio Abs - 114 calories

Week 3 Insanity
    Sunday - Fit Test - 236 calories and here are my results:
    Switch Kicks - 154/2 = 77 (no change)
    Power Jacks - 64 (+16 :))
    Power Knees - 95 (+15)
    Power Jumps - 44 (+12)
    Globe Jumps - 10 (+1 rotation)
    Suicide Jumps - 12 (+1)
    Pushup Jacks - 22 (+7)
    Low Plank Obliques - 65 (+11)

Happy enough with those results especially the Power Jacks. Will be interesting to see what the next test results will be like.

Week 3 Insanity
    Monday - Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 393 calories. Had hubby and 6 year old watching me - very odd!!

Week 3 Insanity
    Tuesday - Pure Cardio - 413 calories. Supposed to do Cardio abs too but very crampy tummy today so will do that tomorrow with Cardio Recovery.

Week 3 Insanity
    Wednesday - Cardio Abs - 123 cals & Cardio Recovery - 129 cals
    Thursday - Cardio Power & Resistance - 405 calories. Phew! That was a tough one. Find I'm very weak on Tricep dips - especially with one leg in the air :-)

Week 3 Insanity
    Friday - Wide awake at 5am with the lashing rain :mad: so got up earlier than usual and did my Insanity. Pylometric Cardio Circuit - 362 calories.

Rest day tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Week 4 Insanity
    Sunday - Pure Cardio - 318 calories & Cardio Abs - 105 calories. One move I can't do is sitting in a C position, legs a few inches off the ground, bring them in, out, up and down. A killer and feel like a comple abs beginner :-(

Advertisement