Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I read somewhere today that his father commented that lewis management team are seriously lacking. He said that lewis is now the only driver in F1 without a manager who travels to the races (excluding team personnel).
    There is no question but that lewis has gone to pot since parting ways with father and I think he needs to look at that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

mickdw wrote: »
    I read somewhere today that his father commented that lewis management team are seriously lacking. He said that lewis is now the only driver in F1 without a manager who travels to the races (excluding team personnel).
    There is no question but that lewis has gone to pot since parting ways with father and I think he needs to look at that area.

Lot of talk about this in the UK Times the last couple of days. Button travels with his dad, his girlfriend and his manager, who is also his best mate. One of other of them can deal with whatever is thrown at Jensen. Many other drivers have a similar set up. Commentary from former drivers who know the pressure is that Hamilton needs to go back to that kind of support system. His girlfriend having her own international commitments doesn't help - they don't see each other much. But I bet he's probably contracted to Fuller now for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

amacachi wrote: »
    If anyone comes across a clip of it on Youtube feel free to stick it up. :)
    Eglinton wrote: »

Amazing how everyone automatically Blames Hamilton..

Listen Carefully to Rob Smedlay just after The Red Passes him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No idea what that has to do with anything.

• Advertisement

Also didn't Hamilton have to pass him again later in the race? Radio could be from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

vectra wrote: »
    Amazing how everyone automatically Blames Hamilton..

Listen Carefully to Rob Smedlay just after The Red Passes him ;)

Hamilton crashed into Massa :confused:
    Its a race its perfectly acceptable to destroy someone's race by staying in front of them. Its not acceptable to crash into them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Whilst I agree it is acceptable to hold up another driver.After all it has been happening with year and will continue to happen. But do you not think it is ironic that moments after Rob's message to Massa The Get together happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

vectra wrote: »
    Whilst I agree it is acceptable to hold up another driver.After all it has been happening with year and will continue to happen. But do you not think it is ironic that moments after Rob's message to Massa The Get together happened?

But Massa did nothing wrong. He didnt position his car unusually, he didnt brake early, he didnt go slow, he didnt move twice. How can he be blamed?

How did he cause the accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Lewis is certainly at fault for the contact, but I don't see how Massa can on the one hand complain that Lewis is a dangerous, unpredictable maniac, and then claim that deliberately blocking and slowing him up isn't likely to result in the dangerous, unpredictable maniac trying a desperate lunge into a gap that isn't there.

Disingenuous claptrap from Massa in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Lewis is certainly at fault for the contact, but I don't see how Massa can on the one hand complain that Lewis is a dangerous, unpredictable maniac, and then claim that deliberately blocking and slowing him up isn't likely to result in the dangerous, unpredictable maniac trying a desperate lunge into a gap that isn't there.

Disingenuous claptrap from Massa in my opinion.

So what, when someone has a faster driver behind them they should just let them past? Massa hadn't the speed to challenge those ahead of him so he kinda had to try and keep Hamilton behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

No, just that Massa can't spend all his time whinging about two completely contradictory positions.

This week, Massa was the driver behind, made a careless mistake when doing a half hearted overtake, and then took to the airwaves again to berate Hamilton. If Lewis was dangerous and a maniac for very slowly clipping a tyre with the edge of his wing, despite making attempts to avoid doing so, then I don't know how Massa rates his own tactic of "parking slightly behind a driver who is on the racing line and waiting to get hit".

In Singapore Hamilton made a mess of his turn-in point and in Japan Massa was completely alongside and Hamilton drove into him. While I don't think either incident was particularly dangerous they were both clearly Hamilton's fault and were the result of carelessness.
    Also, as I said, has there been any context given to that radio message from Smedley? Without clarification it would be very silly to assume it was made before the incident. Either way makes no difference though. Have a look at Monaco, Vettel was parking the car on the apex. He probably could've gone quicker but he drove to keep people behind and stop them getting a run on him, as a lead car is perfectly entitled to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

amacachi wrote: »
    Also, as I said, has there been any context given to that radio message from Smedley?

Ferrari said it was before the pitstops on the previous lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭McBauer

Was there ever a Driver of the Round poll created for this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

McBauer wrote: »
    Was there ever a Driver of the Round poll created for this race?

No, I think I missed Singapore and Spain for the Driver of the Day poll

Advertisement