Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Massive delay between the live timing and the BBC pictures is ruining this session for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

amacachi wrote: »
    Massive delay between the live timing and the BBC pictures is ruining this session for me. :(

where ya getting the live timing from

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html Fairly sure you have to be registered on the site to use it. It's about 5 seconds ahead of the BBC coverage today though.

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html Fairly sure you have to be registered on the site to use it. It's about 5 seconds ahead of the BBC coverage today though.

thanks thats a handy thing to have

Stupid Vettel.

• Advertisement

very poor 3rd session

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Whereever that interview with Maldonado is is where I want to live. :pac:

Where The old mans house lands in the film "up" is based on a real place in Venezeula. My useless piece of trivia for the day.

Also, why still no rain in Singapore? :(

Mainly rains during the afternoon in Singapore due to the heat a bit like Malaysia. A lot less chance during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

Not the most exciting Q3 in the world but I don't get why they were badgering on about the teams having to be out on track for Q3 and it being a disappointment etc.
    It's those pesky tyre rules which cause that. I would prefer to see them have as many as they want and race that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

was anyone listening after the intro to today's show? Eddie and Jake were describing the attention to detail of the circuit, pit-lane etc. right down to the grass and shrubs. Then Eddie said that there were free performances from Shakira, Linkin' Park and .......... Rick Astley :eek:
    I think I'm hearing things... :confused::confused:

b47249272100ac7547d659e25b23d09d.jpg

you aren't hearing things! They like him so much he is playing two nights! They also had shaggy and boy george...

• Advertisement

you aren't hearing things! They like him so much he is playing two nights! They also had shaggy and boy george...

You mean Shaggy has left Scooby Doo :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

You mean Shaggy has left Scooby Doo :confused::eek:

Yeah shaggy never forgave Scooby for doing Thelma doggy style

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Can't see beyond a Vettel win tomorrow unless the weather does something interesting. The Mercs look terrible,rain may just be what they need to narrow the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

With Vettel on pole he will disappear in the distance once the red light go out. But behind him there will hopefully a nice race. Wonder what went wrong with Hamilton he was putting on his gloves with 1.50 min. to go. A miscalculation by the team? It saves him a set of tyres for the race, although the puncture cost him a set i understand from Brundle. Three cars staying in in Q3 it's time to give the teams in Q3 an extra set of tyres.

5 second lead after about 3 laps then turn the wick down. Should be a decent race behind though, good start for Button would make it very interesting though, I'd like to see him in contention from the start of a race, there's been a few times this year where he gained 20 or more seconds on the field in the last 2/3 of races so it'd be good if he could be in a position to use his late-race strength to push Vettel a bit. Remember Canada? :pac:

Bound to be a few safety cars though. Singapore is the type of place for them.

Could give Button an even better chance so. Bit of rain would be some craic though, give it about 6 corners til Hamilton would take someone out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Weather forecast for Singapore at start time (8PM local): 28°C, Thunderstorms; Heavy Rain: Likely.

(from Accuweather)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

BBC says the outlook is clear.

Button 15/2, ridiculous price.

The Ferraris look like they have very high ground clearance. :S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Another slow start by Webber...

Schumi on Hamilton aagain. :D:D

Seriously, how does Vettel do those first laps? 2.5 second lead and it's not like Button had pressure from behind to distract him. Unbelievable.

Hamilton behind Schumacher, there's no track for him to get run onto this weekend. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

So Jensen has changed his traditional race strategy of having a crap start then passing everyone in the race. Wonder how the new plan will work out for him!!!

Rosberg looks ok for skipping the corner, was driven off the track like.

Was it just me or did it look like there was still space up the inside if Hamilton wanted it? Would've have to put two wheels over the edge but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did they find out what caused Hamilton's puncture yesterday?

And what's with all the sparks?!

Nice move by Hamilton there, no grip on the dirt there at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

jesus those mercs are awfull on corner exit

Grim. wrote: »
    jesus those mercs are awfull on corner exit

I'd love to see how they'd be going without the two drivers they have. They look worse than the Saubers and Force Indias.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

And what's with all the sparks?!

The car is lower due to being fueled more heavily for the race.

Martin and David were making a point of it during the formation lap.

Advertisement