Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

amacachi wrote: »
    Grim. wrote: »
    jesus those mercs are awfull on corner exit

I'd love to see how they'd be going without the two drivers they have. They look worse than the Saubers and Force Indias.

I agree. I've had the impression all season that they've been blowing in the wind from a development perspective, and relying on their drivers to bail them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It'd be easy to think Button was having a poor race but he's faster than Hamilton is in clear air. Shows just how ridiculously quick Vettel is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

great pass

• Registered Users Posts: 12,970 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A-ha - the Aussie's woken up!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

hamilton you nob

• Advertisement

Now that's what I call Ham-fisted driving ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

Has to be a penalty there for Hamilton. Ridiculous driving. Loving the BBC lads trying to not give out about him.:rolleyes:

seriously how many collisions will he cause this year without being punished?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Looks like the stewards are out to get Hamilton again....

Button is as fast as Vettel - constant 11.5 second gap for several laps now. He's just pitted, will the fresh rubber help?

edit: Hamilton has a Drive-Thru Penalty.

• Advertisement

about time

Which tyres have Button and Vettel on now? Button matching him on this set so far. :)

I hope for a safety car for Button, hope there isn't because it would suit Hamilton. :pac:

Actually Vettel just went a second quicker on that lap. :pac:

Grim. wrote: »
    seriously how many collisions will he cause this year without being punished?

He's been punished now so it's been pretty much reset. Such a stupid move too, I was just saying he had him on the cut-under on the next straight when he decided to turn in early. So stupid.

Hamilton's behind Massa now, should be fun. :pac:

Am I right in thinking that the only drivers in the top 8 who Hamilton hasn't hit this year are Rosberg and Vettel? :pac:

DiResta's the highest placed driver actually on a 2-stop strategy - if he looks after those soft tyres, he could score big towards the end of the race.

DiResta is damn impressive. Really hope he gets a run in a decent car soon.

Vettel's just pumped in a couple of laps a second quicker than Button since he got the shout that fuel was ok. He's just toying with everyone. :(

It might not be quite as simple as I thought. If the leaders can stretch their tyres in the middle section, to lap 35 or so, they might make a 2-stop strategy work for them. I know the lighter fuel load makes a difference, but I'm not sure how much. Vettel and Button came in approx. lap 15, which said "3-stop" to me, but I could be wrong.

Schumi gone!

I'd be amazed if Perez didn't brake-check him there. Massive, sudden speed differential in the middle of an acceleration zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Bad mistake from schumy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

could see that crash coming was up perez hole way to close

bnt wrote: »
    It might not be quite as simple as I thought. If the leaders can stretch their tyres in the middle section, to lap 35 or so, they might make a 2-stop strategy work for them. I know the lighter fuel load makes a difference, but I'm not sure how much. Vettel and Button came in approx. lap 15, which said "3-stop" to me, but I could be wrong.

Depends on who pits now. ;)

I'd be amazed if Perez didn't brake-check him there. Massive, sudden speed differential in the middle of an acceleration zone.

looks like it alrit he must of took lessons from D.C

Depends on who pits now. ;)
    Yup. Di Resta has pitted, everyone's on 2+ stops now. The prediction of the Safety Car was on the money, too.

Bad mistake from schumy

I think the mistake came earlier than the crash though, he just had nowhere to go at all once they got near the corner.
    I don't understand Perez braking where he did though, he was always going to have to go to the outside to make the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Perez was just defending inside. Did he brake at all or did Schumacher just run into him

Bloody Hamilton's back up to 10th and on fresher tyres. Sake.

Hopefully there's no damage to Perez's car, should be interesting to see if there's any investigation though.

schui talking to todt you just perez is gonna get a penilty now :D

• Advertisement

This should be an interesting restart!
    SC in this lap

Advertisement