Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My only complain is Hamilton getting ahead of DiResta.

EDIT: Well, also getting ahead of Massa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Jake Humphrey is boring me now what a biased wanker

EJ talkin out his hoop tbh. It was the absolute definition of Avoidable Contact. It was a ridiculous mistake for him to make. Yes it was a low-speed accident but it could've caused a different kind of puncture than it did. Wheel-to-wheel stuff is one thing, wing-on-tyre is completely seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I don't know, pretty minor incident with Hamilton. How many noses has Michael lost this year. Did miss the post race comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

No press conference, totally biased commentary and pundits and some people think the bbc are the best broadcaster of F1 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

RTL just showed an interview with Massa who understandably stuck the boot into Hamilton big time.
    Wonder if BBC will show anything like that?

EDIT: Actually, they have the text up online now:
    Massa wrote:
    "My thoughts are that, again, he cannot use his mind - even in qualifying. Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it. He doesn't understand that. He has done it to me so many times this year. It's important the FIA study this and penalise him every time. I've talked to him but he doesn't listen. Maybe his father can do something about it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9599413.stm

I don't know, pretty minor incident with Hamilton. How many noses has Michael lost this year. Did miss the post race comments

Minor but it completely spoiler someone else's race for no reason whatsoever.

terrible biased forum again cant say ill miss jake or eddie tbh

Button looks absolutely wrecked and Webber looks like he could really do with them raising the minimum weight on the cars. :pac:

EDIT: Is there anywhere to view the extended press conference at some point? I remember BBC showed it once in 2010 or 2009 I think and it seemed like the best craic is had in the later parts.

amacachi wrote: »
    Minor but it completely spoiler someone else's race for no reason whatsoever.

Yes but he got drive through for it. Unlucky for Massa of course. Didn't Massa get 4th position in a recent race... but doesn't get noticed really compared to an Alonso result.

• Advertisement

Yes but he got drive through for it. Unlucky for Massa of course. Didn't Massa get 4th position in a recent race... but doesn't get noticed really compared to an Alonso result.

Do you think the penalty was justified? It wasn't a massive deal but it deserved the penalty IMO.

Well I just lost the game.

amacachi wrote: »
    Do you think the penalty was justified? It wasn't a massive deal but it deserved the penalty IMO.

Penalty seemed fair enough. Lol rick astley on forum

Penalty seemed fair enough. Lol rick astley on forum

Aye well that's it. It just annoys me that he ruined someone else's race and still ended up better than they did. A drive-through is all that was needed today but it's just frustrating.

Hamilton does need to cut out the mistakes but seems to be a bigger deal made over his incidents than another driver might get. Button really driving well though. Great to see the contrast

Will Buxton
    Ructions in TV scrum. Massa shoved Hamilton mid question. Hamilton was asked if he could see Massa's point. Ham storms off to save exploding

Basically RTLGP interviewing Ham. Mas tugs Ham back and sarcastically slaps his arm to say "bravo". Question goes in, Ham goes to cool off.

jesus Eddie Jordan is cringe worthy

Hamilton does need to cut out the mistakes but seems to be a bigger deal made over his incidents than another driver might get. Button really driving well though. Great to see the contrast

Well Brundle made a good distinction there between poor overtaking moves and what he did today and at Spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hamilton looked more pissed off than Massa tbh!

If anyone comes across a clip of it on Youtube feel free to stick it up. :)

• Advertisement

Whitmarsh obviously being biased but ya can see he wants to stop having to lie :pac:

not sure how anyone can say that wasn't a penalty tbh he turned right in on massa he could have run on but he didn't

This Mclaren love in is getting old now im surprised jake is still able to breath his head is so far up martin whitmarsh's hole

So I guess question would be if there's a racing incident, should penalty be dependant on how it effects those involved... or on just the incident. If massa hadn't got puncture would Hamilton have got drive through. Some good interviews of team bosses, hope they get to talk with some more of the drivers

It wasn't just a racing incident, it was completely one driver's fault and as Brundle pointed out it wasn't a misjudged overtake, it was a pointless, silly error.

I agree that basing punishments on the effects is a different argument, I'd personally be in favour of it in cases where one driver causes the incident.

Well I'm sure if he had known they'd touch he would have gave it bit more room, Schumacher the same. Fecking long forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Great to see, I hope it escalates. I love nothing better than when two drivers don't like each other, it's all too friendly between them these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HugoBr

To me it comes down to a very simple matter of responsibility - Hamilton was responsible 100% for that incident. All too often this season he has been responsible for incident after incident.

He's either pushing too hard in a car that is not quick/good enough or he's simply not as talented as people had hoped he would be.

I fear its the latter which is a shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

HugoBr wrote: »
    To me it comes down to a very simple matter of responsibility - Hamilton was responsible 100% for that incident. All too often this season he has been responsible for incident after incident.

He's either pushing too hard in a car that is not quick/good enough or he's simply not as talented as people had hoped he would be.

I fear its the latter which is a shame

He's a very talented driver in my opinion. I think somebody needs to have a firm chat with him to point out his errors behind the wheel though.

Advertisement