Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the Irish Atheist so aggressive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Monty. wrote: »
    But surely, just like Catholics you're all the same, and collectively guilty.

Aww Monty, so close. But unlike a Catholic the OP was born a German and unfortunately for them has no choice in the matter (:p) . However the OP is not a Nazi (the horrible people who carried out the disgusting acts) nor would he (I assume) ever claim to be one and then say you can't tarnish all nazi's with the same brush.
    However the same cannot be said of a Catholic. They choose to continue their membership in an organisation which has enacted disgusting acts thereby often giving power and money to those who did such acts or protected those that did.

More importantly what did I do to come off the list? :D I hereby announce "the first church of the original list atheists" and we do not recognise the new list changed by mans hand. At our hands you heretics will dye (your hair ginger).

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Aww Monty, so close. But unlike a Catholic the OP was born a German and unfortunately for them has no choice in the matter (:p) . However the OP is not a Nazi (the horrible people who carried out the disgusting acts) nor would he (I assume) ever claim to be one and then say you can't tarnish all nazi's with the same brush.
    However the same cannot be said of a Catholic. They choose to continue their membership in an organisation which has enacted disgusting acts thereby often giving power and money to those who did such acts or protected those that did.

More importantly what did I do to come off the list? :D I hereby announce "the first church of the original list atheists" and we do not recognise the new list changed by mans hand. At our hands you heretics will dye (your hair ginger).

This may not stand! I will not dye (my hair ginger)!

I hereby declare myself alistic and choose not to believe in the arbitrary ranking system that is the original (or any revised version) list of atheists.

The list is clearly man made in order to give certain individuals more power than others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm a little freaked as to how easily I was pegged as a "known atheist" by making the list :eek: Didn't think I posted here enough to appear on anyone's radar.

It's ok, I'm on the list and I'm not one!

I mean er

*hurriedly departs forum*

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's ok, I'm on the list and I'm not one!

So atheism really is just like Catholicism as another belief system. Those theists were right all along... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Didn't we have a thread about some crazy pastor who wanted all atheists to be recorded in a database about a week ago. And now, all of a sudden Malty_T is compiling lists of atheists....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Dades wrote: »
    Citation needed.
    Monty, your existence in this forum - like that of dead one - only continues in order to catalogue the worst aspects of the religious mindset. Keep up the good work.
    How I wish we lived in a foram when moderators weren't necessary to safeguard us from discrimination.

Citation needed !!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

No citation needed, just read ANY of Dead One's sexist tripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

dead one wrote: »
    How I wish we lived in a foram when moderators weren't necessary to safeguard us from discrimination.

Citation needed !!!!

Hear hear. I am once begun to not disagree againt such nothings entriely.
    Citroen Berlingo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

So atheism really is just like Catholicism as another belief system. Those theists were right all along... :pac:

You realise Monty or crucamim are going to wade into a discussion somewhere and present that quote like some sort of smoking gun that puts a big QED on everything they've ever said?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Citroen Berlingo
    You bastard! Almost choked to death on my sandwich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ :confused:

10144905.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Citroen Berlingo

So you've been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? Fascinating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

You can be German or you can have a sense of humour, but you can't have both. Make your mind up :pac:
    Actually, most Germans I've met have had a pretty black streak of humour. For instance, one of them responded to a jibe from a Spaniard about the concentration camps with, "My grandfather died in a concentration camp." Cue uncomfortable silence. "He fell out of a watchtower."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mikhail wrote: »
    Actually, most Germans I've met have had a pretty black streak of humour. For instance, one of them responded to a jibe from a Spaniard about the concentration camps with, "My grandfather died in a concentration camp." Cue uncomfortable silence. "He fell out of a watchtower."
    Just because it's funny doesn't mean it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Just because it's funny doesn't mean it's not true.
    Oh, I never said it wasn't true. But the delivery was not that of a man with no sense of humour. I prefer not to pay much attention to old English stereotypes of the Germans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

dead one wrote: »
    10144905.jpg

i-m-a-little-tea-pot-195-p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

mikhail wrote: »
    Oh, I never said it wasn't true. But the delivery was not that of a man with no sense of humour. I prefer not to pay much attention to old English stereotypes of the Germans.
    Thats true. Germans have a great sense of humour. It may be different to the Irish humour but every country including England has a different humour - just because it is different doesn't make it a bad sense of humour. I much prefer the German humour to the English humour anyway.

Also Germans are constantly taking the piss of each other including war/hitler jokes but what they dont like is the arrogant english (and Irish) a$$holes making stupid jokes about them being nazis that are just not funny. "ha ha he's a nazi blah blah" is just old and it is often directed at germans who actually lost family members to the nazis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

i-m-a-little-tea-pot-195-p.jpg
    Just look at the pair of buns!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ChristianJenny

I have been verbally and physically abused for practising my beliefs on the streets of Galway. I still pray though for each and every one of you. I believe that deep down you are good people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Deep down we're good people? What because we don't share your belief in an invisible superbeing our goodness must be deep down? That sounds incredibly unchristian...congratulations on completely missing the point of both this forum and your own religion. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I have been verbally and physically abused for practising my beliefs on the streets of Galway.
    What beliefs exactly do you practice on the streets of Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Citroen Berlingo

Thanks. Now the entire library is scolding me. :D

Deep down we're good people? What because we don't share your belief in an invisible superbeing our goodness must be deep down? That sounds incredibly unchristian...congratulations on completely missing the point of both this forum and your own religion. :rolleyes:

You will someday see the error of your ways and will return to the one true faith. I forgive, I forgave my attackers because that is the word of our lord. I will continue to pray for non believers and would be more then happy to bring you to a prayer service if interested?

UDP wrote: »
    What beliefs exactly do you practice on the streets of Galway?

Preaching the word of God. I was today handing out leaflets outside NUIG.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Preaching the word of God. I was today handing out leaflets outside NUIG.
    And somebody physically abused you? Did you report it?

Also, what has this assault got to do with the posters here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I have been verbally and physically abused for practising my beliefs on the streets of Galway. I still pray though for each and every one of you. I believe that deep down you are good people.

Hold on now. I don't remember physically or verbally abusing anyone. At least not in Galway.

Are you sure you're not just making some sort of massive generalisation?

That being said, I'm interested to know what your beliefs are and by whom you were abused - something I think most people here would not condone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You will someday see the error of your ways and will return to the one true faith.

Errr, don't count on it...and I'm not sure how I can return to a faith I've never had...quite aside from the point that if I were to become a theist, christian would be last on my list of religions that I'd want anything to do with. Please, don't pity me, I feel the same way about you and your invisible overlord making you say and do all the weird stuff.
    I forgive, I forgave my attackers because that is the word of our lord. I will continue to pray for non believers and would be more then happy to bring you to a prayer service if interested?

Yeah, that stuff. You are all right thanks, I've gotten this far in life as an atheist & I'm more than happy with my lot...and as above, if I were going to embrace a religion, it certainly wouldn't be yours. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

You will someday see the error of your ways and will return to the one true faith.

One true faith, huh? Which one of the 33830 denominations would that be then?

Advertisement