Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the Irish Atheist so aggressive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeleveleD

Galvasean wrote: »
    You've gotten much more aggressive since your OP :pac:

I've gotten accustomed to board mentality and adapted to it.

I'm good at adapting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

DeleveleD wrote: »
    I've gotten accustomed to board mentality and adapted to it.

I'm good at adapting. :)

One could say you've evolved. Or were you just created that way? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

What if it tells me to burn things? :)

Well, that's easy.
    Go get the matches and head to the family planning centre or local library.

Muhamed, pbuh, wrote the entire Qu'ran from voices in his head and it is the most important book in the world because it says so in the Qu'ran.

The voices in your head are always right, especially if they sound crazy or retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Monty.

You've gotten much more aggressive since your OP :pac:

He'll have to if he wants to fit into the pack and toe their line.

pack-of-hyenas-am-talamati.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

The voices in your head are always right, especially if they sound crazy or retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Monty. wrote: »

Rather ironically hypocritical given the accusations being hurled and the exacting codes of conduct expected from religions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Drunk people after nightclubs throwing left over food at our prayer sessions. Along that tyope of stuuf. Jesus Christ's message is one of forgivness so we forgive them.
    So you go out of your way to antagonize a group of people who, admittedly due to their own actions are bereft of their better judgement. You do this so you can feel better about yourselves, but in a way that requires absolutely no effort to actually help people. Most likely the negative reaction was what you were looking for, so you can feel the moral superiority from "forgiving" them.

While I don't think that being drunk excuses their actions, nor is it something I would ever do myself. You don't come out of it exactly spotless either, lets hope that the Gardaí working that night or the actual innocent bystanders who could have gotten caught up in it are as forgiving as you pretend to be or even your attackers who could've potentially faced legal ramifications for the actions you goaded them into. Although I don't expect you to even care, given the air of moral superiority that surrounds you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Jenny would you care to tell us what you say to atheists on the street when you stop them or a rough idea of what your flyers say? I ask because I'm sure I and most other posters here could severely annoy christians if we stopped them on the street and told them what we think of their believes and what a waste of time they are. Though it would be our fault not theirs. They didn't ask me to stop them on the street and tell them what I thought of their believes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Are you saying atheists work mainly at night and have suffered from very bad PR for years despite doing more honest work than their more glamorous neighbors?

Ah, the hyena. The true king of the Savannah. Where the female quite often has a bigger penis than the male... er... I bet this is somehow related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You will someday see the error of your ways and will return to the one true faith. I forgive, I forgave my attackers because that is the word of our lord. I will continue to pray for non believers and would be more then happy to bring you to a prayer service if interested?

Psalms 60:12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

God's word isn't exactly a case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Knasher wrote: »
    Didn't we have a thread about some crazy pastor who wanted all atheists to be recorded in a database about a week ago. And now, all of a sudden Malty_T is compiling lists of atheists....

Some people were complaining about not being included on the list now people are complaining about being on the list. Boardsies are a hard lot to please.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Sigh, I can honestly say none of the regular posters here have ever gone into the Christian forum and posted a picture of headless chickens despite their own feelings on the matter yet you'll still come here and take the moral high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sigh, I can honestly say none of the regular posters here have ever gone into the Christian forum and posted a picture of headless chickens despite their own feelings on the matter yet you'll still come here and take the moral high ground.

Probably expecting a flood at some point, so the high ground is the place to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Welcome Jenny, Alahu Akbar to you..................

Welcome Jenny, nothing to you. I'm here to inform you that you might be making a big mistake. The One True Faith is Atheism. I know this because the atheists, says as it was transcribed by atheist mythology --- Instead of man being formed out of the dust of the ground by God, man is formed out of the dust of the ground by b$. Christianity or Islam are the wrong religions and I'm afraid you won't be getting in to heaven on earth unless you submit mythology as true faith ---
    Your dead brother in the lost heavens of earth, Dead one
    I suggest that you learn about the materialistic evolution, you would be happy to know that we all are b$ wandering here and there in search of our true identity --- You will be more happy when you know b$ is our true cause--- If you believe yourself as b$, in the teaching of atheism, you are the guided one, believe me, This foram is crawled by atheism experts --- You need not to worry --- They will do their best to make you believe that you are b$ --- in the name of b$ brother
    Asalaam Alaikum
    for fvck's sake

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

DeleveleD wrote: »
    Hello there!

I assume the topic pretty much gives my question away.

I'm a German and have moved to Ireland about a year ago. While the people on the street seem generally friendly, I'm not the kind of guy to walk up to some stranger and make friends.

So I decided to join these boards and was delighted to find an Atheism & Agnosticism forum. Not much of a person of god myself I thought that I might find some nice discussions going on here.

However, I was almost shocked to find so much name calling and aggressiveness going on. Not only against people of different belief systems, but also amongst the atheists and agnostics themselves.

I'd simply like for someone to explain all this fighting and infighting to me, as it is very different from what I've come to learn as the behaviour of more rational folk.

Thanks in advance, DeleveleD

Because many Irish athiests are dogmatic and don't see the irony in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

dead one wrote: »
    Welcome Jenny, nothing to you. I'm here to inform you that you might be making a big mistake. The One True Faith is Atheism. I know this because the atheists, says as it was transcribed by atheist mythology --- Instead of man being formed out of the dust of the ground by God, man is formed out of the dust of the ground by b$. Christianity or Islam are the wrong religions and I'm afraid you won't be getting in to heaven on earth unless you submit mythology as true faith ---
    Your dead brother in the lost heavens of earth, Dead one
    I suggest that you learn about the materialistic evolution, you would be happy know that we all are b$ wandering here and there in search of out true identity --- You will be more happy when you know b$ is our cause--- If you believe yourself as b$, in the teaching of atheism, you are the guided one, believe me, This foram is crawled by atheism experts --- You need not to worry --- They will do their best to make you believe that you are b$
    for fvck's sake

Citroen Berlingo?

bob.jpg

Citroen Berlingo?

10168637.jpg

Dead One, after typing b$(Glory to the great b$) I would kindly ask you to follow with (Glory to the great b$) as is tradition otherwise I find it offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dead one wrote: »
    10168637.jpg
    I agree. Eating live animals is wrong.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    I agree. Eating live animals is wrong.
    To understand what i have written you have to open eyes of your heart ---
    The greatest loss is what dies inside in us while we live --- I guess you aren't dead inside, seamus

10169055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, but how many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man? Tell me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

I only feel alive when I am eating an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

What's with fagan dressed as a leprechaun?! :confused:

And has this turned into the twee waffle with completely unrelated picture thread?

Yes, but how many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man? Tell me that.

15. But most of them are very short.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What's with fagan dressed as a leprechaun?! :confused:

And has this turned into the twee waffle with completely unrelated picture thread?

hi everyone!

slowpoke.png

I've tried to open my hearts eyes but I keep getting blood in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

dead one you'll never get anywhere with such sappy quotes. You need to post-modern-ironically use quotes from deeply religious characters originally used to make fun of religion, like Ned Flanders' classic:

"Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. I say there are some things we don't WANT to know! IMPORTANT things!"

Staple that to a few pictures of a religious person you admire and watch the look of shame and defeat appear on every atheist, agnostic and everyone else you think is going to hell for not agreeing with you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The OP has become the aggressor.

Our main work here is done.

• Advertisement

very simple question, what you think dead one don't know the answer, I am the answer, See,to be sincere, you already addressed him a man before you knew how many roads he walked down
    bluewolf wrote: »
    hi everyone!

slowpoke.png

10170125.jpg

Advertisement