Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Georgeee

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Me too!!! I thought i felt a kick the other day (i was doing some incredibly bad dancing at the time, i think babs wanted me to stop) but wasn't 100% sure, so now I've taken to jiggling and poking my bump every now and again in the hope of getting a response :-P
    yes it was very bad dancing :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Oh girls the pregnancy hormones have kicked in with a vengeance!
    Went grocery shopping after work, bit of a head cold on me so walking around with my head in a fuzz most the day.
    Got into the car and couldn't disable the immobiliser. Tried for 10 mins with alarm going on/off/on/off.
    Ended up ringing my husband, started bawling with frustration so he had to hop in the car with our little girl and drive over to try rescue me.
    I got thick with it after another ten minutes of not being able to get it working when I finally got the right sequence of alarm on/off key in ignition etc and got the car started.

Felt like such a tool having to ring my husband back and tell him to go home.

Got home and put a pizza on for dinner, took it out of the oven and dropped it straight on the floor.

Finally watched Emmerdale and bawled (again!) at the story line about the girl having the baby.

I thought having a baby would make up responsible adults, I think I'm going the other way and turning into a kid :D

Hope you're all keeping well. Are ye all getting a bit of movement out of your baba's now?
    My little munchkin has started to do a serious bit of movement and start wiggling up just under my rib cage, I love the feeling :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I cant wait to start feeling baby moving. I am 17 weeks tomorrow so its a bit early yet I think. Every convo with granny she mentions the "flutters" so I know I'm not the only one waiting for the next pregnancy milestone.
    Thank god for our doppler. Not that we actively worry, but mostly start a train of thought like "hope the baby is ok...." and before you know it the hormentals have kicked in and you start imagining all sorts of horrible things, so to hear the heartbeat before bed means I can relax.

Deffo have a preggers bump now. Colleagues and bosses know, so its great not to swelter in a shapeless cardigan or hold files in front of the tummy.

Havent had any weepie moments yet, but get a bit tired still - I can cope grand with that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i had the weirdest freakin dream last night ladies!!!!!!!!!

My waters broke, but i didnt see it happening, and i was walking around the hospital with my other half, in nothing but a swim suit? It was majorly fcuked up!

This had better not be the start of it cuz ive 17 weeks to go of freaking myself out with crazy dreams!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

i had the weirdest freakin dream last night ladies!!!!!!!!!

My waters broke, but i didnt see it happening, and i was walking around the hospital with my other half, in nothing but a swim suit? It was majorly fcuked up!

This had better not be the start of it cuz ive 17 weeks to go of freaking myself out with crazy dreams!!!!!!!!

OMG... Staticdoor, I'm 15 weeks and I have been having the most epic weirdest dreams for weeks.. One I was going down to hell and all these demons were chasing me and I couldnt get away so I hissed (like a cat) to frighten them off and then I'd run... I had two on the weekend.. Check this weirdness out.... on Friday night I had a dream it was so real.. I was in my sitting room looking out into the distance it was at night and there was UFO's taken houses up into space and bascially harvesting humans :O then there was this massive green t-rex and my partner came over to me and started to flick on and off the light saying '' what is that'' catching the attention of the Trex and it came thumping over to eat us and as it approched it got smaller and it was then a little kid in a bright lime green T rex suit, I MEAN WTF.... I think that was mix of the toy show they had some diansaurs on it.. on Saturday night then I had another scary dram about the devil and his demons urghh it was awful... I dunno but I have had really weird dreams since I got pregnant...

• Advertisement

ok you win hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Mad dreams haha!!! I had one last week where I went into labour and they knocked me out so I missed the birth....and I was like a spitting divil then cos I didn't get to have the experience! Cocoemma, your dreams sound really trippy!!! Must be the hormones!

20 weeks today, halfway there, woohoo!!!

I dunno i wake up thinking their real, so weird!!

I wish my dreams had just been weird, mine have been REALLY disturbing. I kept having *cringe* vivid dreams that I was with Decco Bishop from 'Fair City'. :o
    I'm sure he's a lovely guy in real life, but his character plays a real scum bag in the soap, definitely not my usual type!
    They were so vivid though it was bizarre!!

My boss has also had a dream or two that I gave birth to twins, wonder if its an omen?! :D if it is, baba no. 2 would want to be very good and hide and seek considering I've had 3 scans so far and only one baba was seen :D

ha ha now that is disturbing ha ha

oh god can you imagine another one popping out oh jesus i'd die :D

you'd have to call him (if a boy) Harry Houdini ha ha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi ladiess, haven't been on this in a while. Hope you are and bumps are all doing well. Really in the Christmas mood, have decorations up and Christmas fm is constantly on. Going to start my wrapping later on as Im off work with my back and hip, joys of it.:(
    Had my big scan yesterday 21 weeks and everything is looking very good. Think I am experiencing some serious kicks that are making me jump a little. And as we could see babys thigh bone yesterday very clearly Id say they will be a little soccer player but hopefully baby will wait until when they come out and not too much inside me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Dreaded hormones affecting me too. Couldnt sleep the other night then got all worked up and started to cry cause i was wrecked. And that add on tv3 about temple street hospital made me ball.
    Think i need a good sleep. so tired. Cant get comfortable at all at night. twisting and turning. hips are so sore from lyin on them and cant sleep on my back (heard your not supposed to anyway).
    But on the plus side halfway there. Have 3D scan on sat and will get to see my wee man or woman . Cant wait.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had my checkup this morning - having the Big Scan on the 4th of January :). Not finding out the gender but looking forward to seeing my baba all grown up - last time was for only a minute at 11 weeks during a very quick scan.

Ah girlies you're all having/already had your scans, so jealous my next hospital isn't until Jan 16th & not even 100% sure if that will be a scan.

Suucee that's brill that you're having your 3d scan, they're amazing, so clear! a tip I was given before mine was to have a fizzy drink half an hour or less before the scan so baba is moving lots :)

Neyite that's great that your next scan is so soon :)

Cadyboo, sorry to hear you're having bother with your hips. I had a few weeks of constant pain with my back so I feel your pain!
    Hopefully it'll ease off and you wont be in such constant pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Ah girlies you're all having/already had your scans, so jealous my next hospital isn't until Jan 16th & not even 100% sure if that will be a scan.

Cadyboo, sorry to hear you're having bother with your hips. I had a few weeks of constant pain with my back so I feel your pain!
    Hopefully it'll ease off and you wont be in such constant pain.

WEll if it is not a scan maybe you would think of going for a private one? Anyone hoping to go or have gone for 3d/4d scan? I am in two minds about them. Would love to go but then am afraid of them too, ha ha (think baby looks alieny in them)

Thanks for that, it is easing off a bit but then I am relaxing and not doing too much. Hopefully it will feel a bit better, have been going to yoga once a week and going for little walks so they are probably helping too.

I wish I was having a scan soon, I had mine at 12 weeks, and although that was great, i still have 17 weeks to wait till its born :(

and i know i could pay for one, but we cant afford to pay for one.. so will have to make do with hearing the heart and getting the guts kicked outa me till then :D

I'm not getting a 3d /4d scan done. Happy enough to have plenty of pics from our scans (1 public and 2 private) in addition, a friend says that the use far more soundwaves on those scans than the normal ones and as she works in that area she and the Doctors are not convinced that they are not harmful, whereas the standard ultrasounds are in use so long and proven unharmful.

Caprilicious - I probably wont get more scans apart from my big one in Jan. Hows your doppler working out?

I'm still not getting kicks or flutters yet, but the Doctor says thats normal on a first baby - not until about 20 -23 weeks. I guess I'm impatient.

Cadyboo, no I don't think I'd go for a private scan this time.
    Combination of being short on funds and I suppose I'm not as impatient this time!

Last time I was only dying to see baba and find out the sex asap, this time I'm that little bit more chilled out and don't mind waiting!
    I've been very luck in the hospital to receive a scan on each of my visits.
    I have a feeling that they may well scan me this time anyway as I had placenta previa last time & I think they'll want to see if that's the case this time around too.

The 3D scan I had was brill, I thought that other babies looking alien-y in them too, but didn't think that when I seen my own baby. I could see she had her daddy's button nose :)

Neyite I haven't used the doppler much at all really. I find at night time when I'm bed I can feel baba and his/her heartbeat so the novelty has worn off the doppler a bit :D

I slipped up last night.. I haven't smoked in four months, since i found out.. and last night i was stressed, was p*ssed off and had a tantrum.. ended up i had a smoke then :( i feel guilty now.. and i'm craving for another one...i've been so good.. grr...

Ah no, though you've been doing great staying off them this long.

Just tell yourself its only a few short months really before you can have them again -5 or so months then you can enjoy them guilt free!

Don't keep beating yourself up over it though or you'll only stress more and want them even more!

• Advertisement

Ah no, though you've been doing great staying off them this long.

Just tell yourself its only a few short months really before you can have them again -5 or so months then you can enjoy them guilt free!

Don't keep beating yourself up over it though or you'll only stress more and want them even more!

Thanks Caprilicious, I feel so guilty.. like i didn't even enjoy it, it tasted like the first time I ever smoked so it just goes to show that my lungs cleared and healed a bit ya know.. This morning then I woke up less bloated and my tummy round and less pronaunced and i'm feeling parniod so it's deffo not NOT worth it.. I don't even have an excuse,, I certainly won't do it again, I so ashamed and you know -I-ABSOLUTLY-HATE-SEEING-PREGNANT-WOMEN smoking tut tut.. never again.. thanks for your kind words though...

Seriously need sleep . Is any one else finding they have turned in to an insomniac. Took ages to fall asleep last night then Woke up at 3.50 and at 4.30 gave up trying to go back to sleep and decided to go down stairs and watch a bit of tv. Was off work today lucky enough and finally fell back asleep around 7.00.
    On the plus side 3d scan tomorrow so excited. Glad i'll get to see my lil baba again. Had a scan in oct and not due back to hospital until Jan 19th. Been to the docs twice since and is nice to hear the heart beat but cant wait to see him/her again.
    Deff wont get any sleep tonight i'd say.

No probs cocoemma. I'm not a smoker myself but I've seen how difficult it can be for the likes of my husband and sister trying to give them up.
    I think you've done really well to stay off them so far & hopefully it will have put you off having them again til after baby is born :)

Suucee the lack of sleep is a killer. Fingers crossed I haven't got it too bad *yet* this time, though find I'm wide awake til 1-2am most nights so early mornings can be tough!
    I was the same last time though, got so fed up of counting sheep at all hours of the morning :D

Best of luck with your scan tomorrow! I hope you get really clear pics :):):)

You have me all tempted to get a scan now, after all my talk of not getting one! I'm itching to see how this little baby is coming along.

I think after the miscarriage last time I've found it that bit more difficult to connect with this pregnancy and get excited, just in case things went wrong. I still find myself worrying a bit, I'm hoping my next scan in January will give me more peace of mind and reassurance :)

Our little woman is perfect. Cant wait to meet her now. She was wiggling around like mad during ordinary scan while everything was being checked then by the time the sonographer started to do the 3d she fell asleep. She tried to poke her to wake her. Just a lil poke on my tummy nothing much at all but really disturbed my lil woman. I was thinking leave her alone. After seing that gona be so protective of my bump now. My mum got choked up when i pulled a dress out of the bag after showing her the pics. she has said girl a long for some reason.
    Hope every one is keeping well. I'll be on a high now for a few days. :)

oh my god worst night ever!!!!!!!

To start with out ESB is gone since 3pm yest, and wont be back till about 3pm today so the frickin house is like an igloo.

then last night i was boiling water on a camping stove to make tea and a hot water bottle and the f**king gas nearly went on fire so.

Then to top it all off I had the worst nights sleep ever!!! Between him and his bloody snoring, and the most almighty pain in my ribs. I couldnt get comfy and still have a pain in my side and my back. I think i must have eventually fallin asleep on my back cuz its really sore today (even tho yes i know im not meant too but i tried cushions to no avail to help me sleep on my side)

is this normal?? ive had no back or rib pain up to now. 24+1 today, now i just feel sh1te!

booo to the esb and boooooooooooooooo to mondays :(

how are we all doing in the run up to xmas ladies??

Im 25+1 today, and nearly sh1t myself yesterday when I realised that in 15 weeks we will have a baby :eek: its all going so fast!!!!!!!!!
    Ive nothing got, apart from 7 bibs, 3 vests and 2 babygrows :rolleyes: I dont know why but i still feel its a bit early to be shopping for baby clothes?
    We are going to test run some buggies on Thursday while the shops have sales on..

Feeling good tho, not as tired, or emotional.. Little bit more uncomfortable in the evenings, but i guess thats to be expected. The only real pain in the ass i have, is trying to put my shoes on every morning, or shaving my legs in the shower... I refuse to go into labour with hairy everything!!!! Its going to be undignified enough without worrying about people thinking to them selves "god this ones a minger" hahaha (yes i do know the likelyhood of this happening is nil, and ill be more interested in getting my baby out, but how and ever :P)

Im just happppy and thankful to the baby jebus that ive only three more days of work till the holidays.. and we got a nice little bonus today too.. makes mondays all the better.. if only we got a bonus every monday :D

Oh staticdoor i wish i had ur patience. I cant stop buying. Every shop i go in to i have to have a "quick look" in the baby section and rarely come out empty handed. I have my cot and buggie paid for and will have them both after xmas. I've some clothes, sheets and blankets got and even have nappies and wipes.
    I seriously need to STOP buying.

But like yourself also feeling pretty good most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Doing fine here,finding out the sex tomorrow evening at a private gender scan :D. I'm so excited,seeing are we getting another boy (have 2) or will it be a little lady. Have all my christmas shopping done amazingly,got some great toy bargains back in sept/oct. Bought a second hand buggy last week for €100,it's a m&p pliko pramette so it has the carrycot & car seat. Have a cot,sterilser and a few bottles so not doing too bad at all that way. Haven't bought a stitch yet though,will see after tomorrow :)

As for health i'm on panadol most days,had a wisdom tooth out the other day so hopefully that pain will stop soon :(,had v bad pain for 3 weeks leading up to it coming out and it's still tender now but not too bad. Getting cramps in my stomach when i walk too far (like 20 mins!) but will see if all is ok tomorrow,think it'll prob just be a big baby and my stomach muscles mightn't be great.

Static hope you got your esb back!!

Hi Ladies, Merry Christmas :D Hope your all enjoying Christmas....

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas all (belated, I know!) hope you all had a lovely relaxing one :)

Angell, how did you get on with your gender scan? I've my fingers crossed that we'll find out the gender at my hospital scan in a few weeks, I loved finding out last time :)
    That was a great deal for the pliko, they're a v versatile pram with so many different combo's on it pram/buggy/moses basket etc

Staticdoor, I was the same, finally got over susperstition and bought 2 x packs of vests for my hospital bag (no haven't started packing it yet, not THAT organised :D)

I am only dying with indigestion. Its mad I never had it anywhere near as bad when pregnant with my daughter. When I did it was when I ate onions only.
    I'm eating rennies/gaviscon like they're going out of fashion. It feels like someone has set the back of my throat on fire, so uncomfortable :( fingers crossed it'll ease off soon.

Advertisement