Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

11 weeks today :)

One trimester nearly done and only a couple of weeks until I can announce it officially.

The OH wants to wait a couple of weeks after the 12 week mark, so I will hold my tongue to abide by his wishes. He's gotta get something in exchange for doing everything around the house. The only housework I do is make dinner, the rest I get told to sit down and put my feet up. It will wear off in a few weeks I'd say but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

hope your scan went well caprilicoius and Shuwaaah. And great the sickness easing too. Mind you I was bad on fri with a head ache. one of does that you nearly have to hold your head while walking up the stairs but ended up getting sick and having a nose bleed and head ache was gone and i felt grand afterwards and grand ever since.
    Neyite my OH madde me wait too until i had my scan but had already told our parents and they couldnt keep it too quiet so when i did make it official there wasnt many that didnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Aw wow Neyite can't believe you're nearly there at the 12 week mark, woohoo!!
    I bet you can't wait to announce your good news :)

Thanks Suucee, scan went brill! They've changed the system in the hospital.
    Previously, you would arrive first in the clinic, but the files for the next 20 people that arrived would be put on top of yours so last in would get seen first, very frustrating!

This time I had just sat down and I was called to go in. The midwife was lovely and very thorough going through my details.
    The Obstetrician was lovely too, spent quite a while doing the scan & was laughing at baby waving at us :D
    It was amazing seeing the tiny little hand, all the teeny little fingers so perfectly formed :)

I'm not back for another 10 weeks so at least I got my fix with a scan :)

Suucee that sounds like a headache and a half :( hope you don't get any more of those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone, glad to hear everyones scans are going well. I am now 15 weeks! Can't believe it. Got the flu jab today and got to hear babys heartbeat, thank god as couldn't hear it two weeks ago.
    Have any of you any ideas on which buggy you are thinking of getting? Really want to know which I want so I can know the cost. So hard to choose!

Great that your scan went well Cap. I was the same laughing away at the baby waving. Its amazing. I got copies made of my scan and framed them and carry one around in my hand bag to show it off.

Cadyboo i was actually just looking at buggies yesterday and picked one. It was on babyaccessoriesireland.ie they have a huge selection and good prices. The one i like is a Bexa 3 in 1 travel system its a 3 wheeler with big wheels and it is €379 loads of different colours but i like the fashion black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Suucee wrote: »
    Mind you I was bad on fri with a head ache. one of does that you nearly have to hold your head while walking up the stairs but ended up getting sick and having a nose bleed and head ache was gone and i felt grand afterwards and grand ever since.

I might mention that to my GP/Midwife the next time you see them just to be on the safe side, that seems like one hell of a headache :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Hey everyone,
    Im 11 weeks on thurs...have had a awful time so far had ectopic scare at 5 weeks and then bleeding at 8 weeks but had scans and everything is perfect with baby even got to see the heartbeat :) Got my appoint today for my 1st antenatal appoint which isnt till the 17th Nov in the clinic in Bray :( seems so far away!! Does anyone know if I get a scan at this appoint?? My morning(all day) sickness seems to be easing off just slightly tho...was so bad I missed work for 2 weeks solid.
    :):):)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

KarKar10 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Im 11 weeks on thurs...have had a awful time so far had ectopic scare at 5 weeks and then bleeding at 8 weeks but had scans and everything is perfect with baby even got to see the heartbeat :) Got my appoint today for my 1st antenatal appoint which isnt till the 17th Nov in the clinic in Bray :( seems so far away!! Does anyone know if I get a scan at this appoint?? My morning(all day) sickness seems to be easing off just slightly tho...was so bad I missed work for 2 weeks solid.
    :):):)

So sorry you are going through so much - hopefully you will be out of the woods soon. I dont know if you will get a scan or not, maybe someone who has attended bray before can let you know.

As for me, I got my endo visit, which when I got there they combined into my first ante-natal visit :D I got all booked in by a midwife, got to see the endo, and I got a scan so got to see baba :D:D. Was warned to book in for my classes, cos they fill up fast. I'm only 11+4! Decided we are gonna announce it at 14 weeks. Now have to dream up cute ways to tell my sisters and mum.

Great day all around. Even my supervisor being a nag couldnt take the smile off my face.

KarKar10, congratulations! Hopefully after the tough start you will have an easy pregnancy :)

Neyite that's fantastic that your first appointment went so well!!! delighted to hear you got a scan too! not long now til you tell the family, so exciting!

Cadyboo, how are you after the flu jab? were you sick after it at all? I never in my life considered getting it, though heard them recommending that pregnant women get it so starting to consider it now.

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

12 weeks today hurray, felt like a long time coming!! So i'm assuming i'll wake up tomorrow and the nausea and tiredness will have completley gone away,right??:p
    Well its just the tiredness now really but I can cope with that.

Delighted the scan and appointment went well Neyite, I have my first apponitment next Thursday-can't wait. I'll probably have to tell my boss the day before, gulp!
    You had a rough time KarKar10, I hope everything settles down for you now. Your first apointment is on my birthday:)

A long weekend for me and the family so we are off to Galway for a break. Anybody else up to anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

saggycaggy wrote: »
    12 weeks today hurray, felt like a long time coming!! So i'm assuming i'll wake up tomorrow and the nausea and tiredness will have completley gone away,right??:p
    Well its just the tiredness now really but I can cope with that.

Im 18 weeks on sunday and im still waiting on the tiredness to bugger off :rolleyes: but yes the sickness did disappear, so im now starting to enjoy the pregnancy, since my heads out of the toilet bowl!!!

However this weekend, will be mostly made of SLEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!! Dvd's and sleep, and I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

I feel like im very far gone, compared to everyone else here, although i am due april 1st haha..

Whats everyones EDD??

April 1st 2012 :D

Yeah i'm hoping to get plenty of rest too, we are visiting my auntie in Galway so she can take care of our daughter for a while :P!!

I should get my EDD from the hospital on Thursday next but working it out I think im due 10th of May. I hope I don't go too over though-I have a friends wedding on the 6th June!!

My EDD is 12 May 2012.

I also happen to be a bridesmaid the week before. :D. So hoping I go over my EDD. Would rather I be seen as "God that pregnant wan is massive" rather than "God that fat wan is massive". Plus I save on a sitter, and dont have to worry about bleeding or milk staining. Its going to be a very pale colour :eek: (I am right in thinking that we bleed for a couple of weeks after birth?)

The bride is worrying that my waters will break in the church. Have told her I will try to hold off until the dj puts on rock the boat.:p

Interesting pregnancy fact:
    If baby is not getting sufficient omega 3 & 6 from mammys diet, the body diverts it from our brain to the uterus. Thats why we get forgetful and get baby brain.

I've been stupider than normal lately. I was in dunnes yesterday evening and could I feck remember the ingredients for a stir-fry? Doh!:p

i feel your pain, i went to the shop for milk last night, got to the shop, and had to ring himself and ask him what i was there for, sometimes i dont know how i brush my teeth and drive to work without killing myself :rolleyes:

my mate bled for 6 weeks after birth :eek: dunno was that an extreme case tho.. sounds horrible... months of no period, then WHAM... as if giving birth and adjusting to having a baby isnt going to be hard enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Im 18 weeks on sunday and im still waiting on the tiredness to bugger off :rolleyes: but yes the sickness did disappear, so im now starting to enjoy the pregnancy, since my heads out of the toilet bowl!!!
    I feel like im very far gone, compared to everyone else here, although i am due april 1st haha..

Whats everyones EDD??

April 1st 2012 :D

18 weeks today and I feel the same, I could sleep all day and still not feel rested enough, I due 30th March though going by other family members I think I will be overdue so most likely it will be April by the time I get to meet my baba :)

Yep after you have the joy of pushing out something the size of a football out of a hole the size of an apple you then get the joy of bleeding for a week or two after....yaaay :p

Speaking of baby brain, I was in the shower the other day and I washed my hair with my conditioner and conditioned it with the shampoo, couldn't figure out why my hair was like straw for the rest of the day, then I copped on :rolleyes:

Back is absolutely killing me since yesterday. I had a bit of a dodgy back pre-pregnancy but was feeling quite smug about getting away without any back pain, that was until yesterday when it hit with avengance :( I'm walking around like I'm about 70, not to mention when I try to bend over to pick something up!!

Neyite that's really interesting about the Omega deficiency being responsible for 'baby brain'. I now have a valid medical explanation for my recent stupid moments :D

Ms2011 I feel your pain with the sore back, mine has started to act up too the past week I'm like a 70 year old hobbling around in work sometimes!

We must get a list going, our roll call of who is due when :)

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    19th Caprilicious

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

Copy & paste the list to add your own EDD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Neyite wrote: »
    My EDD is 12 May 2012.

I also happen to be a bridesmaid the week before. :D. So hoping I go over my EDD. Would rather I be seen as "God that pregnant wan is massive" rather than "God that fat wan is massive". Plus I save on a sitter, and dont have to worry about bleeding or milk staining. Its going to be a very pale colour :eek: (I am right in thinking that we bleed for a couple of weeks after birth?)

The bride is worrying that my waters will break in the church. Have told her I will try to hold off until the dj puts on rock the boat.:p

Interesting pregnancy fact:
    If baby is not getting sufficient omega 3 & 6 from mammys diet, the body diverts it from our brain to the uterus. Thats why we get forgetful and get baby brain.

I've been stupider than normal lately. I was in dunnes yesterday evening and could I feck remember the ingredients for a stir-fry? Doh!:p

Ooooh, this sounds terrible but I was hoping to be a bit late. My mum, my brother and I were all born on the 12th of may, I thought it would be so cool if baby was due then as well. My original EDD was the 27th of April, now it's been revised back to the 24th. So its looking less likely I'll be having a birthday baby :o

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    19th Caprilicious
    24th Shuwaaah

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

Hey all.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well lately. I was really busy in work last week so havent got on in a while. I'm the same with the tiredness but it doesnt help that i get up twice a night to go loo and then have trouble getting back to sleep and then cant get up the next morning. I suppose this is only the start really.
    Have had a bit of back ache also especially after sitting for a while. Find hot water bottle brill.

Seems there is a few of us due around the same time.

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    19th Caprilicious
    22nd Suucee
    24th Shuwaaah

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

Also we have decided to get a 3D/4D scan. And think we are going to find out the sex. Everyone thinks were mad to find out but we cant wait. and want to be able to buy my blues or pinks.
    Has anyone else thought about this..

Suucee wrote: »
    Also we have decided to get a 3D/4D scan. And think we are going to find out the sex. Everyone thinks were mad to find out but we cant wait. and want to be able to buy my blues or pinks.
    Has anyone else thought about this..

The 3/4D scans are worth every cent....I had one when pregnant with my daughter and you could see from them she was the image of her daddy & the cute little button nose on her. I loved it :)
    I found out the sex then too and would love to again this time.

I'm not going to find out the gender if possible. Mainly because I like surprises and so does himself.

I'm not getting a 3d scan either. A friend who works with radiation and knows quite a bit about x-rays says that some doctors remain unconvinced that they are not harmful as they use so much more soundwaves to create such a detailed image. As I really trust her judgement and she knows her stuff in that department I am not going to do it. Maybe I would change my mind if I really wanted one but I dont really mind.

Got through a weekend with my mum and sister without letting the cat out of the bag with my mum. I'm getting good at this secrets lark! Two more weeks and we are telling people - I will be 14 weeks then.

• Advertisement

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    15th Cadyboo
    19th Caprilicious
    22nd Suucee
    24th Shuwaaah

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

Hi ladies, how is everyone after the long weekend? So so tired lately, no matter how much sleep or rest I get, getting annoying now.:(

sooooooooooo tired too.. the last few evenings its like ive come up against a brick wall out of nowhere... i mentioned it to the hospital today they said its par for the course really cuz my irons grand... i prob just slept TOOOO much this long weekend:rolleyes:

sooooooooooo tired too.. the last few evenings its like ive come up against a brick wall out of nowhere... i mentioned it to the hospital today they said its par for the course really cuz my irons grand... i prob just slept TOOOO much this long weekend:rolleyes:

Yeah I actually have too much iron and still wrecked. My gp has told me that I might just have a tiring pregnancy, she did herself. Its a bit embarassing as I think some people think Im just playing the pregnancy card, but I am not. Its not me to not do things. Im the type of person who is up, out and active... well 'was' that type of person.:o

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Its a bit embarassing as I think some people think Im just playing the pregnancy card, but I am not.

I totally get what your saying, I even feel like i'm pulling the peepee myself sometimes.. but its hard going.. doing a 12 hr day, and making a baby, and still have energy for dinner making and full blown conversations :rolleyes:
    but hey, the way i see it, in 22 weeks (hopefully) it will all be worth it :D

OMG 22 weeks sounds really sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally get what your saying, I even feel like i'm pulling the peepee myself sometimes.. but its hard going.. doing a 12 hr day, and making a baby, and still have energy for dinner making and full blown conversations :rolleyes:
    but hey, the way i see it, in 22 weeks (hopefully) it will all be worth it :D

OMG 22 weeks sounds really sooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, yeah its true. :D But I also have 12 hours of work to get through. 24 weeks for me!! And it can't come quick enough, can't wait to meet the little person that has me eating all around me and making me tired and give them a big squeeze. :o;)

First appointment in the Rotunda tomorrow, excited and nervous!!
    I must remember to wait to drink my water for the full bladder after I get there, nearly exploded on the bus to town whilst pregnant with my daughter!

The doppler I ordered on Wed night arrived today so myself and the OH have been listening to juniors heartbeat just now. :D We are gonna play a lot with our new toy.

Its so reassuring to hear the heart beat - I'm 13 weeks on Sunday so its still early enough to get a hit/miss on a doppler, but we got a good one and luckily we can hear it no problem. :)

I was off work this week and did nothing. I worked my way through loads of books, and read pretty much the entire internet. Slept loads and dont feel a bit guilty cos thats when baby grows the most, or so I'm told by the OH. I would put a cat to shame. :D

Baby is still being gentle - no sickness or aches or pains. Nice baby.

How is everyone?

Saggy Caggy, how did you get on in the Rotunda with your first appointment? Hope all went well and you had a scan to see baba :)

Neyite that's brill that the doppler is working out so well for you! The one I have can take a bit of fiddling to find the heartbeat, baby seems well snuggled in right down the bottom of my tum :)

Brill also that you're not suffering sickness either, long may that last!

Staticdoor71, its funny, when you put it in terms of weeks left it doesn't seem long at all really, does it??:eek: 24 odd weeks here.
    The next 8 weeks til Christmas will fly no doubt then that's me down to 16 weeks :eek:

The tiredness has finally abated for me although I have the joys of ridiculously bad constipation. I'd take the tiredness any day!
    Stupidly, when at the GP recently I asked him could I take Laxose daily/every 2 days in order to manage it (I'm eating fruit/fibre/drink water til its coming out my ears - it doesn't help) and he said yes, fine.

Went to the hospital and the Doctor there said no, I shouldn't take laxose, I 'just need to increase my water/fibre intake'.
    Cue an utterly miserable fortnight where I feel like a wagon, I'm in constant discomfort and ratty with people, now to cap it all I have desperate piles that prescription remedies are not helping.

Anyway, sorry rant over. Just goes to show all doctors aren't right and sometimes you best know your own body. If I'd just listened to my gut (literally!) and stuck taking the laxose I would have been fine :(

Anyone getting an identifiable bump yet? I'm none as of yet. I can feel the thickening in my waist alright, there used to be curves there, now its a bit straight up and down! bit of a pudgy belly but doesn't look like much more than I had been pigging out on the mince pies early :D

Cap, I dunno if I can call it a bump, but where my waist used to go in at my bellybutton is thicker, and there is a deffo bulge over the knicker line but nothing you would see in clothes. Its more pronounced in the evening, but according to my book, thats the bowel settling (probably behind the uterus) and pusing it out.

I'm lucky on the constipation front *touches wood* but I think thats because I am eating heaps of fruit and drinking about 3-4 pints of water a day.

Not being good, just that I'm mad thirsty all the time and constantly need to snack otherwise I feel "gaggy" in the back of my throat, and if I dont have fruit around it will be taytos and toast smothered in butter. So I raided tescos fruit and veg dept the other night and stocked up.

Piles. You poor thing :(. Praying I dont get em.

Saggy Craggy - hoping your scan went well for you. :)

• Advertisement

I was exactly the same last time Neyite regardless of how much I drank. I did a similar raid on the Tesco fruit dept down here & drinking water/oj til it comes out of my ears :D

Only one more week til you tell the family, are you all excited? :)

Advertisement