Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

You're not alone feeling that way Lounakin. My first time, I started having backache and pains very low at front just after an examination (just regular exam) where I thought the midwife was very rough. Since I was 3 wks early, I didn't believe it was anything even though I had a feeling deep down. But I kept telling myself it was just false alarm and went on my normal plans (which were to go down to Cork from Dublin with hubby for the weekend!!) During the day I had a slight show and again kept convincing myself it wasnt it, and I felt so silly not being able to tell if it really was or not.
    Next morning the pain wasn't going away and I thought it was better to get back to Dublin, just in case. Contractions started being regular that evening, although very manageable, and my daughter was born the next morning. They had to brake my waters twice, didn't even know that was possible, but it all went very fast after that.
    Its not always so easy to tell, and even this second time around, I know every labor is different and I cant be certain I will be any wiser!

Definately monitor the contractions and phone the hospital if your not sure, they will be able to help.
    Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Thanks for that! Well I had the contractions all day but none last night (slept like a baby!) and none today again. I really thought this was it, now I'm disappointed it might not happen! Already a day overdue.

Try not to worry, it will happen when baby is ready.
    I am due tomorrow, and I know that like you I will start wondering then if its gonna happen of its own accord, dont like the idea of being induced, but just take it one day at a time, dates are estimated anyway and rarely accurate!

We're nearly there! Cant wait now!

Best of luck to you! Can't wait either. Getting really uncomfortable now!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for all the best wishes ladies , I'm finally taking a few minutes out to let you know how the birth went. Last Tuesday I had a Sweep done (I was 39+4) but was happy to get it done. I felt absolutley fine afterwards and only had a wee bit of spotting that evening but no cramps or anything.
    Wednesday morning I woke at 7am and felt fine apart from slight cramping that I put down to having sweep. After a visit to the loo I noticed my mucas plug! I was still feeling good though.
    I gave my daughter breakfast and at 8am I said to my husband that I think today is the day as it feels like things are starting to happen-stronger cramps and slight back pain. We dropped our daughter to playschool and I showered and got my bag together. It was now 11.30am and my husband wanted to go to the hospital as according to my timings of contractions they were only 3mins apart and lasting nearly 1minute but because they weren't that intense I assumed I was timing them wrong!
    We took off anyway, parked the car at 12.30pm and checked into the Rotunda at 12.55pm. I was examined straight away...............8cm!! I couldnt believe it, the midwife said i'd have my baby in my arms within the hour! I think I went into shock! I stood up and felt this almighty surge in my bum and SPLASH! my waters literally exploded out of me-I screamed, husband screamed and midwife screamed-we all got such a fright! She got me onto a wheelchair and wheeled me up to delivery asap!
    Straight on the bed, kneeling up against the head of the bed and sucking the life out of the gas and air-my new best friend! After about 10minutes the midwife said the babies heartrate was dropping so I turned around on my back and had to start pushing.
    The baby was becoming more distressed and also in the stargazing position so the ventouse was needed asap, a episiotomy was also needed (I had a pervious 3rd degree tear) but I agreed to anything at that stage to get the baby out safely. At 2.04pm beautiful Emily was born. I went into shock then and found everything a bit of a blur, everything had happened so fast I couldnt believe it.
    I was discharged the next day and delighted to go home with my little girl. I've been feeling extremely hormonal and crying alot since but it's only normal right??

Best of luck to the rest of you ladies waiting to give birth, it's such an amazing special time.xx

• Advertisement

saggycaggy, I hope your baby blues goes away fast! It makes a lot of sense that you would feel it when all the hormones leave your body after being there and building up for 9 months! Totally normal.... but they tend to say that if it lasts more than a couple of weeks you should perhaps talk to somebody. I'm sure the nurses in the Rotunda could talk to you about it.
    Thank you so much for telling us your tale!
    Still no movement here for me but it's my first so they told me to expect a late baby.
    Good luck!

Due date was today. Last night was woken up by sharp pains in my lower back, I had that with my first about 48 hours before I had her, so hoping its the same of closer yet. Took some panadol and tried to get back to sleep again. Not much pain today... lets see what happens in the next 24hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm still here!

Due date is Saturday. :eek:

Happy to wait though until baby is ready - luckily I dont seem to have that discomfort that most other women have before birth - I still feel like I'm about 6-7 months along...but getting a bit bored at home - gonna have a cook-a-thon at the weekend and stock up the freezer.

Proof I definitely need to go to specsavers......I thought you said you were gonna have a cock-a-thon at the weekend, I thought fair play to you, I'd no energy for that lark in the end :o

Still a few left to go, hopefully ye wont go too far over, or at least that the time will pass quickly for you :)

Saggycaggy I was the same after my previous labour. That labour was fast & furious with my daughter being born within an hour of my waters being broken. It all happened so fast in the end that I was in shock & shaking after.
    I was extremely weepy afterwards & the smallest things would set me off for weeks after.
    Definitely mention it to your GP if it continues for a prolonged period.

I hope you & Emily are recovering well :)

Lounakin & Littlemissfixit, the pains sound positive that there might be some action about to happen! Hope you get to meet your baby(s) soon!

Proof I definitely need to go to specsavers......I thought you said you were gonna have a cock-a-thon at the weekend, I thought fair play to you, I'd no energy for that lark in the end !

LOL thanks for the laugh,needed that!

Thanks for the advice re the baby blues ladies, I'm feeling a million times better. If I cry now it's because I'm so happy with my perfect little bundle of joy! Our bodies go through so much during the birth and then to have a baby to look after it is just life changing, no wonder we turn into an emotional mess!
    Hope you are all keeping well, new mums and mums to be-can't wait to hear the rest of the birth notices!

Thanks for all the help and guidance over the 9months, it was great to have other people going through the same experiences at the same time and get help/advice etc. Our posts will be nice to read back over in time!

xxx

• Advertisement

Well I am still here at +3 days, am I the only one?
    Thought yesterday was getting closer to the real deal, but this morning nada! Im all about that the baby will come when it is ready, but Im getting very impatient and looking forward to meet him/her!!!
    Walked a lot yesterday, up and down the strairs, in the car for a drive on a bumpy road :rolleyes: and this morning, well, tmi I included the hubby in the process of trying all them old wives tales that bring on labour if you know what I mean :p
    Not gonna go down the road of the spicy curry, afraid of unpleasant side effects and have enough heart burns as it is.
    Anyone else ticking down the list of diy induction?!?!

Lilmissfixit I'm afraid I can't suggest any more effective DIY inductions, but just wanted to wish you well & hopefully something you've tried will work!!

I tried them all on my first pregnancy.....walking (miles!), pineapple, curry, gallons of tonic water.....the list goes on, but baby still didn't put in an appearance until 2 weeks after due date :rolleyes:

Thanks! I know, just need to stop thinking about it and enjoy the last few nights sleep this baby is kind enough to give me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi Ladies, Well i've one more week till my due date the 25th May, i hope i dont go over too much, i have enough at this stage :) .. i've had a crappy few weeks, been really ill and then ended up in the coombe two weeks ago with suspected pre clampsia it turned out fine in the end but i was told they might induce me if the results were bad!! I was told my baby was a big baby and they KEEP asking me if i had the diabetes test, i did and everything was okay!! anyway had an app on tuesday and again said she was big baby looking at a 9 pounder eek i'd prefere NOT to know its my first pregnancy and i'm a bit nervous of it all.. i hope i go soon, the head is engaged and i've been nesting, painting cleaning, constantly cleaning although today im very tired and i feel a little puky ( sorry for tmi~!), im getting crampy every night but then nothing, appartently the head is engaged so please GOD it'll happen soon.. i'm taking up to drinkning pineapple juice and eating pineapple... hope you girls go soon so you can get back to normal again :)

and congrats saggy for your baby girl emily hope your both at home now and doing well :)

Cocoemma sorry to hear you weren't well, at least you're near the finish line now :)
    If it's any consolation regarding the size, a girl I know was told her baby would definitely be at least a 9lb-er, he was a nice sized 7ish lb.

I was told my daughter would be 8lb or thereabouts, she was 6lbs 10, though the placenta was big.

I was also told my son would be "no more than 7lb" - he was 8lb 6!

So I think there's a lot of guess work involved in the scans.

Either way, hopefully you'll meet your baby soon enough :)

Will be 1 week over tomorrow, this baba is a lot more patient than me it seems, must take after his father!!!
    Please come out :o Never thought I would be one day wishing so much to get in pains!

Thanks capp im soo glad to hear that, ive read some things online about people being told the baby is huge and then there a pound lighter then expected. I really dont mind if it's a big baby once the head isnt gigantic :) .... im due on friday and today i woke up had period pain, then it went then since this evening ive had period pain and pain in my va ja ja ( sorry tmi) and my back it's going on since early this evening i havent had a show of blood or anything, i dont know if it's labour starting or what !!!!! was anyone else the same? I have app in the hosp in the morning, i'll mention it to them!

Well littlemissfixit the last time you were on was the 19 im hoping you had your baby by now, i'm sure you were very fed up :) my fingers are crossed for you!!!! :)

Coco I hope for you your pains mean more than mine, Im still here, still pregnant :eek:
    I have had every prelabor signs possible but no labor yet, everytime I have a pain in back and pelvis im starring at the clock to see if another one will come along. With my daughter it started with a sharp enough pain in the back and down below that just lasted the whole evening (didnt come and go like contraction), the next day contractions started at about 40min apart in afternoon and went on from there until 5 min apart at 5am when we went to hospital. Very quick and straight forward.
    This time I've had pains on and off for at least last two weeks, had the sharp pain in back last week, losing some of the plug for past 2 weeks, loose bow mov (sorry tmi), etc. Thats what makes the waiting worse I think, everyday thinking; that has to be it now!!!
    Im fairly patient, not too fed up (love being pregnant and its likely to be last time, baby must feel this!), but I really wanted to go spontaneously again...I have come to terms now that I may be induced in the next couple of days, although I believe in time nature would take its course I wouldnt want any risk for my baby.
    Apt this afternoon, according to hospital dates will be 9 days over, according to my dates (which franckly I think are right) will be 5 days over. Will try to hold off till friday, give it one last chance to make a voluntary exit

My 19 month old puts her head on the belly saying "out baby out" the cutie! After its here she'll probably be saying "go back, go back!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

cocoemma wrote: »
    im due on friday and today i woke up had period pain, then it went then since this evening ive had period pain and pain in my va ja ja ( sorry tmi) and my back it's going on since early this evening i havent had a show of blood or anything

Pretty much describes how labour started with my first baby, fingers crossed you don't read this cause you've started!

Had sweep done today, 2-3cm dilated, fingers cross you wont here from me for the next few days meaning I will be having my baby. Otherwise, booked in friday morning for fetal assess and then induction friday eve.

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies, Well I was admitted to the coombe last wens 23rd with high blood pressure, 150/100 they decided to induce me on thursday morning since i was due on friday, it took four trys with the internals and gels to even have my cervix ripe!!!! my waters were broken on friday evening and 16 and half hours later my beautiful baby Chloe was born via forcepts & suction weighing 8 pounds 6ozs... she is just beautiful, i'm smitten and very happy. i have a good bit od recovery to do, i lost 700mls of blood and my iron levels are very low now just need to build myself back up and im on blood pressure tablets please god it'll return to normal in a few weeks... littlemissfixit did you have your baby????? :)

Oh congrats!!! Yes i did finally have my baby. Had a sweep the tuesday, was very hopeful, but nothing happened but a few cramps. Was booked in last friday for scan and other sweep, and sent home, told to come back that evening for induction. So went back that evening but there was no point in putting gel as I was dilated and effaced enough, so I just spent an awful sleepless night in hospital awaiting induction the next morning.
    So saturday morning at 10h15 my waters were broken and I started walking, 10 min later I had first pains and less than 2 hrs later, after just 5 min of pushing, I was holding my beautiful 10lb :eek: boy Liam!! he is the most handsome boy in perfect health and we were both discharged on Monday. Glad to be at home, enjoying my little bundle and my little girl who I didnt see for the 3 days in hospital.

Will hopefully see you in the newborn threads!

Congratulations Cocoemma & Lilmissfixit!
    So glad to hear you're both doing well after having your babies :)

Advertisement