Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I just went and got a huge bowl of fruit salad and another pint of water after I wrote the last post :pac:

Yea, really excited at telling the folks. Especially my mum because the last grandkid is no longer really a toddler, the youngest ones are abroad, and the ones in Ireland are almost teens and are more interested in their own friends and social circle than poor granny most of the time, so a little baby will give her a right high, and she will be dying to help me with junior. Now, if I can stop her spending the GDP of a small nation on him/her it will be a miracle!

This night next week I will tell her and celebrate, then tell the siblings and then his family. *does happy dance* Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey all. Oh Neyite its so exciting telling everyone. I love telling people i havent seen in a while that dont know yet.

I deff feel like i am getting a bump. 2 People in work have comented that i am starting to "fill out" as they put it. Had to buy new trousers for work last week as my normal ones wont fit. Scratch that none of my normal trousers fit..

I feel like the tiredness easing also. Find myself a little restless and past few days have gone to visit friends in the evening after work. Also started to clear out the spare room which will become the nursery and was picking paint colours.

Caprilicious i suffer with my bowels also. Had adhesions and had to have an opp last year. I drink a nice big glass of prune juice every morning with my breakfast and find this helps alot and if you remain constipated drink it in the evening too. Also i snack on those little boxes of raisins and avoid bananas and try get a bit of a walk in every day if at all possible. So if you can stomach it try it, works for me most of the time and i was on medication before i got pregnant. Careful not to over do it with the juice as it might work too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Suucee wrote: »
    Caprilicious i suffer with my bowels also. Had adhesions and had to have an opp last year. I drink a nice big glass of prune juice every morning with my breakfast and find this helps alot and if you remain constipated drink it in the evening too.

+1 on the prune juice. I got piles in my 2nd trimester with my wee fella and I stil haven't got rid of them. The stuff is vile, but effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Sucucee/Implausible I have tried and tried prune juice but it's the one thing I just can't make myself drink.
    I tried dilute it with water/orange juice etc but it just makes me gag!

I'm fine once I take the laxose every 1-2 days, so I'm just going to ignore the hospital doctor and go with my gp's advice.

How is everyone getting on? Can't believe I'm over the 4 month mark already, the time seems to be flying!
    Hopefully this pace will continue :)

Suucee, so exciting preparing the nursery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Morning Ladies, all good here-Scan went very well last Thursday thank god. The staff in the Rotunda were brilliant so I'm delighted to be back there.
    The only thing is my arm has been left badly bruised and aching since taking bloods at the appointment-but it's a small price to pay I guess!

The tiredness is still unreal, I'm not coping with it. I was on my own with my daughter all weekend as my husband is away so I had to throw on a dvd every so often so I could grab a few winks while she sat beside me on the couch!!
    We have told all people close to us now so I guess good news travels fast so everyone we know will know soon:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hi all,said i'd join ye. Due 16th April :) It's no.3 for me. Had my first scan a few weeks ago and not getting another til 32 weeks :( So thinking about getting a 3d scan at some stage.

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    15th Cadyboo
    16th Angelll
    19th Caprilicious
    22nd Suucee
    24th Shuwaaah

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

I'm adding myself to the list, due number 4

April
    1st Staticdoor71
    ? Ms2011
    15th Cadyboo
    16th Angelll
    19th Caprilicious
    22nd Suucee
    24th Shuwaaah
    30th Anne Other

May
    10th Saggycaggy
    12th Neyite

Congrats Angell & Anne Other :)

Saggycaggy, that's brill that your scan went so well! Hopefully that tiredness will ease off soon, its so difficult to get anything done when you're so tired isn't it?

I'm nowhere near as bad with the tiredness now as I had been, but I still take advantage of taking a nap when my daughter does on my days off :o

Angell that seems like such a big gap between scans doesn't it :confused: it seems to vary so much between hospitals.
    That said, I had an early scan at 8 weeks, when I asked when my next scan would be, the midwife said not til 20 weeks, but they did give me another scan at 14 weeks. Hopefully they might give you an extra scan or two between now and 32 weeks :)

Neyite only 4 days til you spill the beans to your mum & rest of the family, I bet you can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Hi caprilicious :) No i doubt i'll get another,i'm attending limerick maternity and that's all they give now :( I'm also attending the midwife clinic outside the hospital as it's quicker and i'm low risk...but that also means there will be no scan machines about! I'm not at midwives til end of jan after my oct appt in the hospital,just the gp in the next week or so and then prob mid december again....Seems very little.

Welcome Angell and Anne Other and congrats.

Angell i would hate to have to wait that long. I had first hospital appointment in oct and not due back until jan hope i get a scan then. But have 3D scan booked for dec anyway. cant wait.

Is anyone gettin head aches. I have gotten a few and OMG they are bad. Had to stay in bed yesterday as it was so bad even made me sick. I tried a panadol but didnt do anything and to be honest i dont like taking it but the head ache was so bad.
    I've been told it is probably dehydration so trying to drink more. Also the heartburn has started .

On the plus side energy levels are great and hormones seemed to have eased a bit as i'm in great form and not as narky or hormonal .

Hope everyone is keeping well..

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

*crawls into thread and curls up in a sleepy ball*

Soooo tired. I took a few days off last week and gradually stayed up later and later having lovely lie-ins but I am wrecked because I cant sleep until the wee hours and have to be up early for work. :( Stoopid Neyite.

I haz a bump :DThe littlest in the worldtho :p
    Its more pronounced in the evenings, and my bellybutton is changing -its not so inny anymore.

Got a call from the maternity endo clinc, wondering why I missed my appointment 2 weeks ago? :confused: Told her I was there, and saw the doctor, and the midwife. Now, my file does not say who I saw, but it wasnt the doc I was supposed to see. hope its not some random dude who likes wearing scrubs and has a thing for feeling pregnant ladies bellies :eek:. Anyhoo, gotta go back in tomorrow and see the right doctor. Gonna check ID's this time tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Congrats to Angel and Anne Other!

Suucee, I've had headaches as well. They come on randomly but when they hit they are so bad, its weird, the pain is always localised around my right eye socket. After a few hours they go though. Looked it up, apparently headaches are common due to hormone fluctuations and whatnot.

So tired today. Went to bed at 9 last night cos I was wrecked, couldn't sleep till 3, was up at 9 and ended up falling asleep on the couch this morning...I don't even have the excuse of being tired from working or anything, and I'm sleepy again.

Put a deposit on a travel system yesterday, its wild early but it was the last one left and its the most practical and best value one we had seen. And I've my first hospital appointment on monday, exciting times!!! Hope everyone is well! x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Neyite wrote: »
    hope its not some random dude who likes wearing scrubs and has a thing for feeling pregnant ladies bellies :eek:. Anyhoo, gotta go back in tomorrow and see the right doctor. Gonna check ID's this time tho.

Hahahahah Oh my god Imagine!!!!!!!!! *wetting myself at my desk here*

I could sleep for ireland too.. its terrible!!!!! I am half way on sunday.. but I still look like i ate all the pies instead of pregnant :rolleyes: But was at the docs last week and everythings fine so I guess im just a late bloomer.. still, I wish I had more to show for it. Although I know ill curse the day I said that in about a months time when I look like a beached whale and cant move :D

Wow Static! halfway already! time flies...

I went to the right doctor this time, :o. I found out the other doc was actually an OBGYN so that must have been part of my antenatal appointment instead of my endo appointment. Just glad it wasnt a pervy porter or anything. :D

Telling my mammy tomorrow night....Though Mr. Neyite wants to drive the 90 mins to her house after the match - Ireland are qualifiying for something :confused:. So it will be after 11 when we get there.... *pouts* but granny will still be up (watching the footie too) so all good.

Aw wow so exciting telling the mammy tomorrow!! glad to hear it was a doctor you seen and not some creepy randomer :D:D

Shuwaaah so exciting having your appointment soon :) Great to have the travel system set aside too.

Static, halfway mark already woohoo!

I made my mommy cry :D

...with happiness that is.:p I made up a card with the ultrasound pic on it and a little message from baby inside to granny. She was so happy and was staring at the pic for aaaages.

I finally got to tell her all about the last two and a half years of trying and she was amazed that she didnt suspect a thing. I made all the women in the family cry with happiness for me. So by the time we got around to all in the family it was late last night and we were wrecked. So, got the feet up tonight.

Aww Neyite that's lovely! I was wondering over the weekend how it went for you! Such a lovely way to tell her too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

so lovely Neyite, sounds so emotional for you and your family and yeah what a lovely way to tell her!!

How's everyones bump coming along, I feel pretty small in the morning but by late afternoon and evening I feel like there's no hiding it!! I'll probably have to start looking for looser dresses and tops for work but i'll try get through as long as possible without!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

saggycaggy wrote: »
    How's everyones bump coming along, I feel pretty small in the morning but by late afternoon and evening I feel like there's no hiding it!! I'll probably have to start looking for looser dresses and tops for work but i'll try get through as long as possible without!
    x

My bumps is bigger in the evening also, apparently it's something to do with your bowels settling in the evening or some such. I thought my bump was big but met up with SIL at the weekend, she is 12 weeks ahead of me and her bump is way bigger, I now feel petite :D

I don't feel like I have a bump as such just yet. I still have a flat tum, but the whole thing protrudes out equally from my navel to under my bust, so I just look bloated :o

Its funny, I've only felt very very faint movements so far from babs and at the mainly when I'm in bed, just a little twitch.
    My husband startled me the other night (he had been in bed, me up watching tv, I didn't hear him coming down the hall until he opened the living room door, nearly had a heart attack!), I jumped out of my skin, but so did baby! Good to know he/she is capable of quite a bit of movement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My husband startled me the other night (he had been in bed, me up watching tv, I didn't hear him coming down the hall until he opened the living room door, nearly had a heart attack!), I jumped out of my skin, but so did baby! Good to know he/she is capable of quite a bit of movement :D

That's how I felt my first really movement, stupid cat frightened the bejeepers out of me and I got a kick in the side for my troubles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hello Ladies :).. I joined you all a few months ago when I found out I was pregnant and today I had my first appointment and i had my scan as well today :D

My dates worked out at 12wks 4days but the baby actually measured at 13 wks 4 days so my EDD changed to 25th of May EEK..I'm bloody delighted ha ha..

The little heart was beating and i was so relieved to see that but the baby did not move, i felt a little paniced that it was so still, the lady advised that the baby could be asleep, also i had a FULL bladder and it could be restricting the baby.... there are signs all over the scanning waiting room, full bladder needed for dating scan... she suggested a half full bladder next time, i mean how is that even possilble?????.. anyway i felt a little deflated when i was leaving because i had that added question why was the baby not moving.. anyway had a little winge but i'm over it now.. I googled it (as you do) and, it seems it is quite common, some advice was to have some chocolate or a fizzy drink and it will wake the baby up... i will next time :D I keep staring at the picture thinking that could not be inside ME!!!!!!!!!! :eek:HA HA very happy..

Coccoemma, congratulations on your scan! Sounds like it went really well!!
    Brill that you got bumped forward a week too! it all counts at the end:D

Try not feel deflated about it, once the little heartbeat was good and strong, that's the main thing! Hopefully you wont have to wait too long til your next scan and baby will move a lot more for you then :)

Thanks Capri, it was okay, the nurse was a bit odd, only there for a few mins.. but i'm happy the little heart was going eeek :o... My dad told my aunties and uncles last night he was dying to tell everyone ha ha..

oh tell me is this normal.. I was walkign through Dunnes the other day and xmas music was playing and I just started to cry like a freaking loser on my own.. I wasn't bawling or anything just scrunching my face up to stop myself but all this emotion came from no where, i'm sure it looking quite ugly ha ha .. i mean is that going to happen ALL the time.. It's so embarrasing if your on your own!!!!!!!!

lol oh yes the crying can be a bit morto.
    I haven't had any public sessions of it, though I did bawl unashamedly for ages after Schmeichal died on Coronation street last week :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

lol oh yes the crying can be a bit morto.
    I haven't had any public sessions of it, though I did bawl unashamedly for ages after Schmeichal died on Coronation street last week :o:D

oh my god i was the exact same, it was me bawling on the couch, the cat looking at me like i was loosing it and himself pissin himself laughing at me.. Stoopid emotions!!!

It does get better tho, Id a shocking week last week, like a walking talking thundering B**ch, however, this week I feel alot better. (21 +5 today)

Alsooooooooooo, I can actually SEEEEEE the little midget inside me moving, like a fishing coming to the surface for air then going back down again, it is the single weirdest greatest feeling EVER!!!! I havent watched telly all week, ive been lying on the couch after dinner every evening watching my big fat gut moving for itself.. its frickin cool to be honest :D that may also account for my much better mood this week haha :D

im FINALLY loving being pregnant AND over half way woooohooooo :D

He/She moved. Yeeeah. few days ago. Ah its brill. Seems to happen more in the evenings. And my god i feel huge. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and feel like an ould one sometimes when i stand up and so many people have said i am very big. (like i havent noticed) Was looking at baby photos of the OH earlier and he looks huge. Looks like junior deff has daddys genes.
    Anyway hope all is well with everyone.

oh my god i was the exact same, it was me bawling on the couch, the cat looking at me like i was loosing it and himself pissin himself laughing at me.. Stoopid emotions!!!Alsooooooooooo, I can actually SEEEEEE the little midget inside me moving, like a fishing coming to the surface for air then going back down again, it is the single weirdest greatest feeling EVER!!!! I havent watched telly all week, ive been lying on the couch after dinner every evening watching my big fat gut moving for itself.. its frickin cool to be honest :D that may also account for my much better mood this week haha :D

well i'm glad thats the emotional part is the same for everyone else, i'd be an emotional person as it is so now it's like it's magnified HA HA... OMG i can't wait to feel it kicking and moving my belly around like that.. amazing..
    I have felt some flutters/twiches only last for litterally a few seconds and it's something i never felt before being pregnant so maybe thats him/her moving around, i can't wait though to actually feel them and to know it's them ya know..
    Suucee wrote: »
    He/She moved. Yeeeah. few days ago. Ah its brill.

thats great Suucee i'll be 18 weeks for Christmas so I hope my present is feeling my little one offically trash about in my belly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Still waiting for mine to make himself heard! And I've been poking at him! (not too much :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

lounakin wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine to make himself heard! And I've been poking at him! (not too much :))

Me too!!! I thought i felt a kick the other day (i was doing some incredibly bad dancing at the time, i think babs wanted me to stop) but wasn't 100% sure, so now I've taken to jiggling and poking my bump every now and again in the hope of getting a response :-P

Advertisement