Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

pleased to announce the birth of baby chloe at 2am on the button this morning weighing in at 8lbs 12.5oz. 20 hours after being induced. having said i wanted no pain relief had gas air pethadine and epidural. but no stitches :) so happy its over. it was a back to back labour so not easy by any stretch of the imagination. but ill fill u in some other time. just so happy she's finally here :)

Congratulations! Hope you are feeling ok.x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Aw just seen your update, congratulations Staticdoor & baby Chloe!!!
    Wow nice size baby (seems to be a trend for them on this thread, should I be nervous? :eek::D)

Hope you're recovering well :)

Me next, me next, me next pleeeeeeease!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Huge Congrats Stat, fine big baby & such a pretty name x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Congrats staicdoor. Hope ur both doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Congratulations staticdoor :) I was also induced on Fri 13th after almost 5 weeks of false labour. Was admitted thurs night with agonizing pains and while on the monitor the baby's hb dropped once so i was kept in and decision made to induce me the fri morning. Gel given at 10.15 am,did nothing so waters were broken at 6.30 pm in labour ward,contractions started immediately and had ds3 at 11.06 pm using just gas. He was 7lbs 10 oz :) Oh and had no stitches,first time ever,was thrilled and we are just in the door from the hospital this afternoon.

• Advertisement

angelll wrote: »
    Congratulations staticdoor :) I was also induced on Fri 13th after almost 5 weeks of false labour. Was admitted thurs night with agonizing pains and while on the monitor the baby's hb dropped once so i was kept in and decision made to induce me the fri morning. Gel given at 10.15 am,did nothing so waters were broken at 6.30 pm in labour ward,contractions started immediately and had ds3 at 11.06 pm using just gas. He was 7lbs 10 oz :) Oh and had no stitches,first time ever,was thrilled and we are just in the door from the hospital this afternoon.

Congratulations.. thats great news. Hope you are both well. What did you name him?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Congrats angelll, hope you're recovering well!

On a side note: I feel like EVERYONE is having their baby but me, and I still have a week to go till EDD. I don't get out of the house much these days but the OH is working and is getting bombarded with the 'any movement yet / any sign?' questions. Not even due yet :rolleyes:

If babs is late it's gonna be a loooooong few weeks!

Angelll congrats again, seen the pic of him omg he's a little dote!!!
    Hope mum & baby are recovering well.
    A stitch free birth is something I aspire to myself :o Actually just getting the frigging birth over and done with it already is something I can't wait to do!

Shuwaaah I'm the same, had 2 texts this morning already & I've another 3 days to go :rolleyes:
    Worst thing is I had my hospital appointment this morning & despite pleading my case with the doctor he just will not budge on inducing me any earlier than 10-14 days over :rolleyes:
    So realistically if this baby is as lazy or comfy in there as my daughter was, then I'm looking at another 17 days :eek:

I don't actually mind the prospect of being pregnant 17 more days, relatively speaking its not *that* long. I'm more concerned that it's going to be a monster sized baby :o
    My scan 3+ weeks ago put the baby at 6lbs 5ozs, add the 3 weeks to bring me up to due date then a further 2 weeks.
    I got a bit snippy with my poor sis when she rang earlier to say 'ah sure it'll be grand'. She's not the one that has to squeeze it out :mad: (and breathe :o:D)

So who is left on our roll call for April?
    I'm supposed to be April 19th, but here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Congrats Angell, wonderful news!! and no stitches you lucky thing, did you do anything differently?? After a v.bad 3rd degree tear (4years ago tomorrow!) on my daughter i'd love to avoid any stitches!

Don't worry Shuwaah sure I'm still at work,last day on Friday thank god!!so you defo won't be the last having your baby!!

Hope you get a bit of movement soon Cap, im dreading those text/calls too-wish I never told anyone my due date now!

Thanks everyone :) Saggy both my other two were back to back births which meant they came out facing upwards so were automatically going to be harder to push out and i got over 40 stitches with my second :eek: . This time round he was back to back but tg he turned coming down the birth canal so actually came out the right way,that was a big help! Secondly i stopped pushing when she told me to,couldn't do that before,it's so painful when the baby's head is halfway out and you can feel the stretching and then they say 'stop',but i know they do it so you won't tear and this time despite roaring 'owwww' the whole time i did it,lol. It feels so strange to be walking around practically perfect after the birth as opposed to whimpering everytime you sit,stand or walk. I have a slight graze and was v swollen down below but it's nothing to stitches!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info there Angell, I had the epidural the last time and really didn't know what I was doing to be honest but i'll listen to the midwifes when they say to stop pushing etc this time.
    I must do the lovely perineum message too before it's too late-kinda been avoiding it but it's meant to help -any one else trying it??

That's great you were up and about straight after and feeling practically perfect after the birth, Well done and congrats again.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Congratulations Girls... eeek this is exciting all the babies are starting to come now :D... my first baby and I'm scured of the delivery eeek.. I want to do it to be back to normal, can't wait to be back to normal as in having my body to myself...

Maybe I should be in the moan thread sorry if this is TMI but I’m just wondering if I’m alone on this.. My pubic bone hurts, it wakes me when i turn over in bed it feels like it’s going to break, when i walk, when i stand up, I can't stand on one leg anymore I get a shooting pain through my hip.. I get shooting sharp electric pains down below at some stages but I think that’s from where the baby’s head is..my fingers and hands are very soar, swollen feet... it’s not like the pains are crippleing or anything.. it’s more like an ‘’ouch’’ and takes your breath away for a few mins and then the rest are just uncomfortable.. I’ve still got 6 weeks left to my due date, Am I the last to go, the 25th Of May??

Congrats angell. I have 5 days left and like yourselves im getting those texts already. "anything stirring" the oh getting tham also. Had gp appointment last thurs and she sent me over to hospital (oh and they found my obs card) as thought the heartbeat was irregular. When i got there they monitored me for about 45 mins and were happy with heart beat but i had a high temp so they kept me over night as thought i had an infection but couldnt find anything. was weird being there as i felt perfectly fine.
    On fri head still wasnt engaged but think might be down a bit now. feeling more pressure down there and a few nigly pains but nothing major.

Cocoemma im also getting the pains in my hands and fingers which are worse in the mornings and feet also swollen. Same as you they are not very bad but more uncomfortable. My fingers do feel very stiff and hard to straighten in the mornings but eases during the day.

Had a couple very lousy days. my 2 rabbits died. One dug a hole at the edge of our dog pen and decided to go in. When i heard the comotion and went out to have a look One was already dead but the other must of had a heart attack as when i found her wasnt a mark on her but after about 20 mins she started to leap around in my arms and then died. It was heart breaking as have had them 5 yrs and 8yrs. Im still fuming with the dog and cant look at him but i suppose its animal instinct. I still cant believe they went into the dog pen i dont think they had any fear of the dog as they would often go up to the fence dividing them and just sit there like they knew the dog couldnt get them.

Also my nan is pretty unwell. She has been since xmas but has been holding in the past few months but docs have only given her a couple of days.. She is 95 so is a very good age but i think her body is starting to give up. Worst thing is she lives over 3 hours away so i cant go and visit. My sister went to see her at the weekend and my nan told her that she's not meant for this world for much longer.
    I hope this lil woman of mine decides to come soon that i can make the journey to see my nan and let her meet her great grandchild.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hey Suucee Im so glad that someone else is having problems with thier fingers and hands, like my joints are in my fingers are stiff!! Prob just another symtom..

Thats terrible about your two rabbits, heartbreaking isn't it.. my cat is gone missing this is his fourth week, i hope he comes back..

Im soo sorry to hear about your gran, my gran is similar she's only a few weeks left, im the same i hope my baby arrives before she passes.. i cant visit her either shes in beaumont hosp and there is a vomiting bug, my dad doesnt want me going, ive been told it's a bad idea you know if i get it,, i dunno... hopefully they'll move her to the hospice soon!!!!!... my fingers are crossed for you, i hope you can get to see her before she goes.. i got my gran a card tonight just to give to her to let her know im thinking of her, maybe you could do the same :)

Suucee I'm so sorry to hear about your gran (& cocoemma too), it must make it so much harder when you're not able to go see them.

That's terrible with your rabbits too :( That must have been a bit frightening them keeping you in overnight to monitor baby. Thank goodness all was well in the end.

Cocoemma, that sounds really painful. Hopefully it's just the way baby is lying at the moment and when he/she moves that will ease.

Well I'm down to my d-day tomorrow. I've put a polite reminder on my facebook page that yes tomorrow is due date, but seeing as baby is not stirring at all then it could be another 15 days before I actually have baby!
    I'm hoping this will put off the daily 'anything stirring' messages :rolleyes:

My sister obviously didn't learn from my last pregnancy, she rang yesterday evening & first thing she says is 'well did you have the baby yet?' :rolleyes:
    I had only text her an hour earlier to find out how she was getting on at a course she was attending, obviously I hadn't either text her earlier *forgetting* I'd just given birth and/or given birth in the intervening hour - so why ask such a silly question :confused::confused:
    (yes, hormental woman in the house :o:D)

I got a wee bit excited when last night and again this morning I had some quite strong braxton hicks.
    However each time it only lasted an hour or so and they were when I was lying down. Once I got up and moved around they subsided altogether.

Everyone keeps commenting on how "massive" my bump is & how low I am, so really hoping baby doesn't keep us waiting much longer. So glad to be this close to the finish line though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Suucee I'm so sorry to hear about your gran (& cocoemma too), it must make it so much harder when you're not able to go see them.

That's terrible with your rabbits too :( That must have been a bit frightening them keeping you in overnight to monitor baby. Thank goodness all was well in the end.

Cocoemma, that sounds really painful. Hopefully it's just the way baby is lying at the moment and when he/she moves that will ease.

Well I'm down to my d-day tomorrow. I've put a polite reminder on my facebook page that yes tomorrow is due date, but seeing as baby is not stirring at all then it could be another 15 days before I actually have baby!
    I'm hoping this will put off the daily 'anything stirring' messages :rolleyes:

My sister obviously didn't learn from my last pregnancy, she rang yesterday evening & first thing she says is 'well did you have the baby yet?' :rolleyes:
    I had only text her an hour earlier to find out how she was getting on at a course she was attending, obviously I hadn't either text her earlier *forgetting* I'd just given birth and/or given birth in the intervening hour - so why ask such a silly question :confused::confused:
    (yes, hormental woman in the house :o:D)

I got a wee bit excited when last night and again this morning I had some quite strong braxton hicks.
    However each time it only lasted an hour or so and they were when I was lying down. Once I got up and moved around they subsided altogether.

Everyone keeps commenting on how "massive" my bump is & how low I am, so really hoping baby doesn't keep us waiting much longer. So glad to be this close to the finish line though :)

twit twoo capp yer nearly there :)

i feel like an imposter on this form now but i just said id drop by and say hi while I've five mins to myself.

me and Chloe got home on Tuesday. we were meant to be out Monday but i had a minor melt down which sent my bp sky high and they wouldn't let me home which made my crying worse. but anyway... baby blues obviously do exist on day three :)

we both doing much better today. Chloe didn't sleep well last night.. prob cuz she got heel pricked bcg a bath and her hearing checked before we were discharged. but she's doing much better today. she does like to mumble away to herself quite a bit!!!

she's eating like a big chunk also. nearly 90mls a shot every 3-4hrs. the box of milk said that's for a 2-4 week old but if she wants it what can i do?

apart from that ladies its been magical :) she's a little dote and daddy is one smitten kitten. he sat up with her all night last night staring at her.... and subsequently fell asleep on the toilet today haha

i hope all goes well for everyone else.. ill drop by.. and thanks so much for all your help and support the last few months.. its really helped me through xxx

Staticdoor glad to hear all going well. Jealous isnt the word for me right now.
    I though things were starting last night as was getting a few pains. Far worse than anything else i've had so decided to attempt a walk to try and get things moving but pains eased off then. Few nigly ones today but nothing major. Had hosp appointment today bp was bit high. they checked it a second time and wasnt as bad so were happy to let me home. Also they said that the pains in fingers is normal (fluid) and can be a sign of high bp. So i've to go back in a week and they will do a sweep and give me a date for induction. Pls let me go before this. So agitated now. Cap i hope you get a bit of action soon too.

Cocoemma i like your idea of sending my nan a card, never thought of that.

Aw static that's so cute/funny about dad staying awake all night looking at her. I remember doing that in the hospital after I had our little girl, I just couldn't take my eyes off her!!

Absolutely delighted to hear that Chloe is feeding so well, that's brill!

Well I'm officially overdue! No stir from baby at all.
    I keep saying I must get out walking to see if it'll get anything stirring but I just don't have a bean of energy for anything remotely physical!
    So will play the patience game instead & hope baby rewards me by not keeping us waiting too much longer to meet him!

Suucee that's brill that they're actively offering you a sweep & discussing when they'll schedule induction.

I felt like I was asking the Doctor to give me €50 from his own pocket last week when I asked him if he would do a sweep last/this week :rolleyes:.
    He wasn't keen at all on the prospect of doing a sweep at my next appt (Monday) either.

Got a sweep last Monday didnt think it worked. It did!!
    Baby Liam was born Wed morn at 5.13am weighing 8lbs 9 ozs. Was worth every minute of the 27 hour labour!:D

well done and congrats cadyboo :) bet your glad that's over :) xxx

• Advertisement

Congrats again Cadyboo! (just replied to your post on pregnancy thread)
    That's brill the sweep worked for you, I'm due in hospital tomorrow for weekly check up. I'll be refusing to leave til they do a sweep :pac:

You must have been exhausted having such a long labour :eek: how are you now?
    Another nice size baby from the April/May gang, ye have me terrified mine's going to be a 12lb monster by the time I give birth :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Georgeee

hey guys!! Shuwaaah is my oh and we've got news.............. little baby adam evan was born today at 14 45 weighing 7lbs 10 oz:D we're in awe he's class... i must be the proudest man in the world right now. i have a new respect for what ye ladys have to go through its alot easier to watch! honestly i couldnt be happier love ya shuwaaah xxxxx ( i know the mushyness is probly not welcome but i cant help it!) anyhows i hope to see loads of post from all of ye anouncing the little bundles best of luck dudes im sure herself will fill ya in on the details when she back up and runnin! :D:D:D

Aww congratulations Georgeee & Shuwaaah, absolutely chuffed for you both!!!!

Welcome to the world Adam Evan :)

I hope Shuwaaah is doing well & will be home soon!

Georgeee wrote: »
    hey guys!! Shuwaaah is my oh and we've got news.............. little baby adam evan was born today at 14 45 weighing 7lbs 10 oz:D we're in awe he's class... i must be the proudest man in the world right now. i have a new respect for what ye ladys have to go through its alot easier to watch! honestly i couldnt be happier love ya shuwaaah xxxxx ( i know the mushyness is probly not welcome but i cant help it!) anyhows i hope to see loads of post from all of ye anouncing the little bundles best of luck dudes im sure herself will fill ya in on the details when she back up and runnin! :D:D:D

awwwwww congrats guys!!!!! so happy for ye both. glad everyone's ok xxxxx

god we are fairly firing them out now ladies!!!! :). even tho I've had chloe is still so exciting to see who goes next :)

Congrats Cadyboo, hope your keeping well. Also congrats to Georgeee & Shuwaaah. So happy for ye all.
    Seeing a def sign of big babys here. Cap i have a feeling you'll be next as my due date was yesterday and still nothing stiring here. Gettin alot of braxton hicks but dont feel strong enough and bump still very very high. Hope they do the sweep today (and that it works) best of luck.

wow it'll all go here!! Congrats Cadyboo on the birth of Liam, lovely news!
    Congrats to Georgee and Shuwaah too, delighted for you both!

How did you get on in the hosp today Cap?? I was in the Rotunda this morning, next appointment is in 2weeks-il be 39,3days and Dr. said they'll give me a sweep then if nothing has happened in the meantime!yikes!!

Had a lovely weekend-my friends threw me a surprise Afternoon Tea baby shower yesturday!! I got such a shock&was so emotional, it was fabulous!!!I was only calling over to a friends house for a catch up but all my friends were then when i walked in with cushions stuffed up their tops yelling surprise!! so funny!!

Succee you were right :) I had my little boy Wednesday morning, any stir for yourself yet?

Saggycaggy, that was lovely of your friends to do! Brill that you've a sweep planned, it did the trick for me!

I went for my scheduled appointment Monday, the consultant did a scan and told me that the fluid around baby was a little low so he booked me in for an induction the following day.

They did a sweep (wasn't as painful as I thought it might be!) and contractions kicked in a few hours later.
    Didn't go into proper strong contractions til the following morning when they broke my waters & the little man arrived within the hour :)

He's a lovely placid little boy & has been feeding brilliantly for me.
    I did try breastfeed again, initially it went great. However within 24 hours I ended up in the same trouble as I did when I breastfed my daughter in utter agony so changed to formula instead.

He has a massive appetite & has been emptying the bottles as soon as I can fill them!

Hope the rest of ye are keeping well. Have we many more left on our due list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Congrats Caprilicious and such a speedy delivery too! Well done:D

I'm a day over now (unsurprisingly). Had a sweep on Wednesday and it was really painful and left me in agony with cramps for two full days, which have now stopped and I can behave like a human being again. I guess it's painful when baba isn't ready to move. I'm predicting another bank holiday baby here (#1 arrived on the Sun of the June bank hol in 2010).

Who else is left?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Two weeks until DDay for me. Finished up work yesterday which was nice. I hope that I do get the full 2 weeks at least before baby arrives, to have a nice rest and get the last little bits organised. :)

• Advertisement

Huge congrats caprillicious :) Sounds like a lovely birth :) How's your dh doing?

Advertisement