Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

The only thing that freaks me out slight is that baby is already weighing in at 6lbs 6ozs. Considering I've another 4 weeks to go (6 if I go over like with my daughter) and baby's are supposed to gain .5 - 1lb per week, this could be a little bruiser of a baby

if its any consolation they told me two weeks ago my baby was measuring give or take 7lbs. with four weeks to go. which i said to my friend who said she was told the same and her baby came the day before his due date weighing in at 6lbs 3oz. they are only guessing capp :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Suucee wrote: »
    Hey just noticed argos have offer on TT microwave sterliser for 12.49 and 6 pack bottles for 12.49. looks like good deals.

Woot!!! Reserved em both :D Nice one, Thankyou!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Scan went great thanks Play Bunny :) Finally found out the sex! a little boy :) All is looking well/healthy, so it was well worth the scan for peace of mind.

The only thing that freaks me out slight is that baby is already weighing in at 6lbs 6ozs. Considering I've another 4 weeks to go (6 if I go over like with my daughter) and baby's are supposed to gain .5 - 1lb per week, this could be a little bruiser of a baby :eek:

That's so lovely that your bro is having a baby roughly the same time as you too :)

Georgeee it's not something I've come across a lot recently double barrelled surnames. I think if they were particularly long names and it was a bit of a mouthful then people might tend to use the first name only, though if that is what you name baby and people don't use it I'd find it a bit rude!

Suucee you lucky thing finishing up work tomorrow! my last day is next Friday, can't come soon enough!! I'm like a beached whale the size of me and developing a particularly fetching waddle when I walk :)
    That's great value for those Tommee Tippee bottles & steriliser.

Ms2011 that's brill knowing you're getting the sweep next week! wow so exciting knowing you could have baby in your arms this time next week or shortly after!

Neyite that's a great idea with the feeds, I must train my other half to do that when baby arrives. I'm so exhausted these days before baby arrives, I can only imagine how exhausted when I'm going to be up half the night feeding a new baby :eek:

Ah great news, like myself so a girl and boy :) , glad its going well..ive my scan in the hosp now in 2wks so gonna see what weight we are going for , i was 8oz1 on daughter :O, im a little freaked now having a boy is he going to be heavier ...not long now the weeks will fly, congrats again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ah a little boy Cap that's great, I haven't been given any idea on weight which is probably a good thing, ignorance is sometimes bliss :-)

Can't believe I'm due this day next week, where has the time gone.
    Got my birthing ball yesterday, anyone any idea how long you should use it a day with a view to bringing the head down???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Holy zeuses butthole. as of tomorrow Im due in 9 days. that's SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!

Im scared now!!

Pmsl love your Holy Zeus :D:D

You're right about the weights, its gas I'm normally the one preaching that to people about hospitals always getting the weights wrong.
    However I know this baby is definitely bigger than my daughter was. There's just so much baby and so little free space in my tum compared to last time!
    I doubt its because it's a long baby either as his dad & I are short ar$es :o

Play Bunny that's brill that you're having a scan again soon, I love the scan's, seeing the baba progress from teeny little bean to a little person :)
    I think they do say no. 2 can typically be bigger than no.1, though at least your body is better able for it this time!

Ms2011 I used to use the ball for about half an hour at a time, or if I was comfy enough a little longer.
    I used to sit watching the soaps on it or have a little bounce on it if I was feeling particularly energetic :)
    I haven't used one this time, my border terrier killed my last ball :P

Paid the last of the money on the double buggy today so hopefully will have it delivered next week. Can't wait to unpack it!
    I'm going to fit the car seat base this weekend too so that it's just a matter of clicking the seat into the base when the time comes.
    Not long now ladies :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I thought I was skipping to the due March thread last night.
    Went to bed at 1:30am feeling fine, woke at 2:30am with contractions much stronger than the regular Braxton hicks.

My tum would go very tight, my pelvis would ache like a strong period pain & I had a bearing down pain on my lower back & rear as though I needed to have a bowel movement.
    I ignored them at first, though at 3am there was no denying they were building up intensity.

I rang the maternity hospital and described the pain I was having and they told me to come in.
    By the time I got dressed, baby and husband into car, the contractions were regular at every 3 minutes and lasting 30 seconds each time.

Got to the hospital & they put on a trace, checked bloods/urine/bp.
    All was looking fine, though the contractions weren't appearing on the trace :rolleyes:

I told the midwife when I had a contraction and she could feel how my tum was contracting, so a quick adjustment to the trace and pain started showing up.

However after about 2 hours altogether in the hospital, the contractions eased back altogether!
    They decided to keep me in anyway overnight to monitor things in case the contractions did kick off again.
    No such luck! so sent home at lunch time.

I couldn't get over it, the contractions weren't strong enough for me to think they were full labour, but I was fully convinced it was early labour.
    When I had my daughter, she arrived an hour after full labour started & I live a 30 min drive from the hospital, so didn't want to take any chances in waiting around.
    I was so certain that we would have baby by lunch time today!

It's so odd, I'm not in any hurry for baby to arrive now, I'd prefer wait til he's fully cooked in there :p however I can't relax as now I know baby is ready to rock in there and could literally arrive any day now.

Exciting stuff :D Just wish last nights contractions and lack of sleep hadn't left me feeling like I've done a few rounds with Mike Tyson! :o

Twitching twooooooo

lucky you!!!! I wish i had as much action as you capp :)

Im due Sunday and not so much as a sniffle!!!

Im right friggin bored now!!

Twitching twooooooo

Twitching twooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Oh god Capp, you had an eventful night alright. Hope you feel a bit better today oir go into labour, no point in the pain and no gain :)

I am sick of not being able to sleep now!! Spd has eased big time during the day tg, fingers crossed it stays like that. But as one thing gets good another gets worse... swelling in feet and ankles. Have to wear flip flops now, shoes won't fit anymore so lets pray the good weather lasts.
    Enjoy it while its there girls, hope you are all well!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi guys.. just caught up on all the treads.. . i havent had a great few days at all.. feeling sick, not sleeping.. i wish i could finish work asap as i have a pain in my face getting dressed in the mornings!!!! last night i was in a deep sleep and woke up with vomit coming up into my mouth and nose (sorry i know disgusting).. i had to run to the bathroom flinging open the bedroom door and knocking the lamp on my sleeping oh's head!! i had to try to sleep sitting up (wasn't very comfortable) has that happened to anyone ?? i got an awful fright and the thing is ate about four hours before bedtime and it was like it was just sitting in my tummy, i think it's acid reflux or just reflux from the hormones relaxing your stomach muscles.. i'm afriad it'll happen again it wasnt a nice experience..

i got some bad news today which upset me, my grandmother has been sick for a while and they had found a tumor on her brain and the results were that she has cancer and was given 8 weeks to live, my family found out on friday but only told me today.. i certainly wasnt expecting that.. the baby is due in 8 weeks and i just hope she can hold on till the baby is born so i can introduce them both..

capp you had alot of action.. i don't have long left but i think i've been having braxton hicks, i had some tightening in my stomach last night but it didnt stop and start again it seemed to be continusous for about an hour.. not sure if thats normal.. when are you due capp? it seems like it could be anyday now.. best of luck :)

Cocoemma you poor thing, I'm so sorry to hear about your gran :(
    Sounds like you had a horrible night, that is frightening waking up getting sick like that.

I have started to vomit small quantities recently due to the indigestion I'm getting with this baby.
    I find the only thing that helps is keeping the evening time meals small.
    I hope you don't have that again :(

Ah static hopefully your baby will take the hint & get moving asap!
    Cadyboo I know such a waste of pain for nothing :D

This baby seem's to have chilled right out now, so I'm not too sure of any early arrival now!
    It was no harm though as it made me realise how feckin disorganised we were!
    Yes me, the person who typed up my hospital bag list in triplicate :o

I didn't bring my labour ward bag in with me when I went in initially thinking there wouldn't be much point if they didn't keep me in.
    When they told me they were keeping me in for observation, but didn't think I was in labour, it kinda threw me.
    So I sent my husband off home without thinking to get him to send in my bag first.
    So I was in there with the clothes I stood in (not attractive considering it was 3am and I was half asleep when I got dressed!).
    I felt like such a chav the following day heading back to the car in my slippers & yeti style dressing gown :o

Can't believe there are girls that walk around dressed like that all day as a fashion statement :eek:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Right. Thats me warned so. Gonna get my hospital bag finalised at the weekend. No excuses!

Still nothin shaking. Im tired hot and grumpy.

Is it even possible to go into labour without seeing either the mucous plug or the bloody show??

If nothing happens by Thursday Im having a non stop sex and spicy food night :)

Im so nervous about the labour but my desire to get it all over with and meet my baby is much stronger....thank god.. cuz i was afraid id never reach that point :)

C'mon baby.... rent is due.. time to vacate!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Same as me so cap except my contractions were showing in the trace,every 3/4 minutes yet nothing else doing. I'm getting them every second night now too and when i went for appt on mon they stuck me on the trace and two showed up that i didn't even feel! So have been told i'm getting sweep on monday (38 wks exactly) if i don't go myself before then!!

Looks like this thread might start getting some babas soon going by all the action lately :D

As for me the head is finally fully engaged wahooooo!!!!:D

Just over a day until D-day!

Cocoemma you poor thing, I'm so sorry to hear about your gran :(...... Thanks Cap.. it just makes me sick when i think of it...
    Sounds like you had a horrible night, that is frightening waking up getting sick like that. OMG isn't it, bloody afwul.. my oh put a pillow under the mattress and that helped with sleeping, there isn't a load of pillows underneath you and your raised, hopefully it wont happen again!!!!

I have started to vomit small quantities recently due to the indigestion I'm getting with this baby. ooh god sorry to hear that i hope it doesnt last long, funny you say that i feel like morning sickness is actually back now.. is that even possible????

This baby seem's to have chilled right out now, so I'm not too sure of any early arrival now!
    It was no harm though as it made me realise how feckin disorganised we were!
    Yes me, the person who typed up my hospital bag list in triplicate :o i seriously need to get my bag organised!!!!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Looks like this thread might start getting some babas soon going by all the action lately :D

As for me the head is finally fully engaged wahooooo!!!!:D

Just over a day until D-day!

I think i'll be the last one 25th May.. grr hope this time flys in.. have enough now..:D

Is it even possible to go into labour without seeing either the mucous plug or the bloody show??

Yep absolutely, neither happened for me until I had the sweep (lost plug), but my waters didn't break until I started labour.
    Fingers & toes crossed baby will get the hint & get out asap :)
    I know what you mean about the nerves. I didn't think I was nervous until I went into false labour earlier in the week (probably because I wasn't mentally prepared for the labour bit so early & was a little anxious about baby being born 4 weeks early), but the desire to meet baby so so much more powerful/overwhelming :)

Angell, I seen your post can't remember was it here or on the other site about your contractions so you were in my mind when I was in hospital this week!
    That is surreal that you're having contractions still but not actually happening :eek: Is this why they are going to give you a sweep at 38 weeks?
    They told me they wouldn't bring my labour on artificially at this stage because it had stopped itself.

Ms2011 that is fantastic that baby is engaged!!! All is looking good so!

cocoemma, I think it must be possible having the morning sickness type symptoms as I know my sense of smell has gone really sensitive again.
    Someone I work with wears a pretty strong (although nice!) deodorant & I find it so difficult not to get sick when they spray it on!

That was a really good idea putting the pillows under the mattress, I hope you don't get sick like that again, that would scare you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

@ Cap, what a mad night, cant believe you had to send home other half for your stuff. i cant imagine how bad it must be living so far from the hospital, i'm 5 mins away.

it must have been strong if you called the hospital, you always second guess yourself before calling.

def wont be long now that there's been a practise run. Enjoy spoiling your bigger baby while you can!

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    @ Cap, what a mad night, cant believe you had to send home other half for your stuff. i cant imagine how bad it must be living so far from the hospital, i'm 5 mins away.

it must have been strong if you called the hospital, you always second guess yourself before calling.

def wont be long now that there's been a practise run. Enjoy spoiling your bigger baby while you can!

Lol I didn't send him home for my stuff, he had it in the boot of my car, I forgot to ask him to leave it with me!
    He stayed in his brothers place (only 5 mins drive from the hospital), but by the time I realised I'd need my stuff (duh :o) I didn't want to have him traipse back again!

Yep was strong enough to wake me up from a pretty deep sleep & it was a real bearing down pain too like an urge to push, not just the usual braxton hicks messing.

I'm trying to make the most of the time left with my not so little girl before the labour. I plan to bring her to the Easter egg hunt in the Nore valley petting farm this weekend.
    Just need to have a word with baby 2 not to arrive until I get that done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Wow, serious action going on here!!!

God love the two of ye with the early contractions, I can't imagine the panic ye must have felt! I can't believe you will have you baby next week Angell, we'll have to start taking bets on who will go first, yourself or Ms2011! How do you feel about going early?

Might end up going early myself, had 36 week GP check up on monday and babs is breech. Have to go back on monday and if he hasn't turned, I'll be off to the hospital to get a scan to confirm the breech and not sure where I go from there, I don't know if they'll schedule a section then, or if they'll try ECV and put it off till 39 weeks. (the midwives at the antenatal class said that sligo apparently has the lowest rate of caesareans in the country, so I imagine they'll try to intervene or allow babs as much time as possible to move).

Sounds like you had a very rough night Cap, fingers crossed all is ok now. I'd say you have everything even more meticulously organised now than you did before you went in though!

Sorry to hear about your gran cocoemma, these timeframes they give are often an estimate, but it'd be lovely if the wee one makes it here in time. My own gran has been very ill for quite a while now, this will be her first great-grandchild and she's so excited, hopefully she'll get to meet him, its been the only thing she's had to look forward to for ages, and she's so frail she could go at any time. Awful news to get at a time like this though, hope you're ok x

I'm so jealous of the prospect of the sex and spicy food night, staticdoor! I used to be me mad for really spicy indian food, never gave me any problems, but in the last 2 months I haven't been able to hack the aul chicken vindaloo like I used to! And this pregnancy has been the best contraceptive ever, on the rare occasions when im in the mood and amn't bloated or gassy, the erm.....physical mechanics of the situation don't really make it possible. Weird angles and whatnot. Grrr. :o

Can't believe it's Ms2011's due date already. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were all starting off on this thread, and the amount of ye that seem ready to pop already. :eek: Exciting times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

cocoemma wrote: »
    I think i'll be the last one 25th May.. grr hope this time flys in.. have enough now..:D

I might just get in before you Cocoemma, im not due until 10th May which seems ages away,still 3 more weeks of work! I can't believe it's due date time for some of you ladies on this thread-I get kinda excited when I check this page because im going to see news of all the babies arrivals!!

I'm having a pampering weekend down in Wexford with the hubby this weekend-a last bit of rest and TLC before baby2 comes along! So looking forward to it!

Sorry to hear about your Granny Cocoemma, I hope she gets to see her great grandchild.

Cap.. maybe i had a surge of hormones or something but i felt brutel for nearly two weeks, today wasn't too bad now i have to say, so hopefully it stays like that!!!!

The pilllows under the mattress are working a treat.. only thing is last night i woke at half two with the food coming back up so i sat up in bed for an hour and eventually i was able to fall alseep.. it was my own fault i was hungary and had two weetabix before bedtime so of course that was going to happen!!!!!

Thanks Shuawaah... sorry to hear about yours too .. Yes it's the same for me as well, it'll be her first great grand child, i feel though if she passes around the same time as my baby is born that i feel i can't be over excited about it like i would be naturally, if you get me!!! I hope she holds on though..

Thanks Saggy... my fingers are crossed :) ... the 10th of may i'm finished work the 11th of may it does seem SO LONG AWAY.. i cant wait to finish work!!!! have a lovely time away in wex this weekend it'll be a nice break before the baby arrvies...

is anyone sufftering from swollen feet and fluid retention.. i have swollen feet from working ( sitting down all day ) i do get up to move but it doesnt help!!!! my legs are like tree trunks and my calves are full of fluid.. it's very uncomfortable!!!!

One day to go. anyone think Im tempting fate by going shopping for a few hours :)

***dear baby. please get out. mommie has had enough of daddy calling you a lazy crusty that has set up camp. i would really appreciate it if you didn't make us wait another two weeks. i think 40 weeks is long enough... Even if it is for your own amusement :)***

I'd say go shopping, I'm more or less carrying on as normal, I'd go stir crazy if I sat around the house waiting on junior to make an appeaeance. Plus time will drag in if you don't keep occupied ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

cocoemma wrote: »
    is anyone sufftering from swollen feet and fluid retention.. i have swollen feet from working ( sitting down all day ) i do get up to move but it doesnt help!!!! my legs are like tree trunks and my calves are full of fluid.. it's very uncomfortable!!!!

YES ME!!! Big time. All my legs and feet. Cannot wear shoes or leggings anymore as my legs are HUGE and my feet look fit to explode. Nothing gets rid, even elevating for ages. Its there when I wake up even!! And have my feet raised in bed. But keep thinking only two more weeks to baba and then it will be gone until my so called lovely :rolleyes: sister told me it was two months after she had her baby that swelling went.:eek:
    One day to go. anyone think Im tempting fate by going shopping for a few hours :)

***dear baby. please get out. mommie has had enough of daddy calling you a lazy crusty that has set up camp. i would really appreciate it if you didn't make us wait another two weeks. i think 40 weeks is long enough... Even if it is for your own amusement :)***

Id say work away if you feel ok for it. Could be days before any action. I hope I go early:(

Anyway I had THE BEST nights sleep last night, it was amazing.... No serious pelvic pain (just a few twinges) and went for only 3 wees... Feel great today!! Woo Hoo!!:D

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'd say go shopping, I'm more or less carrying on as normal, I'd go stir crazy if I sat around the house waiting on junior to make an appeaeance. Plus time will drag in if you don't keep occupied ;-)

i went. now Im home. fit for bed. still nothing shaking. Beginning to think we are in for the long hawl.

His mother has phoned him three feckin times already today.

If i ever have another baby ill tell NO ONE the due date!!!

i went. now Im home. fit for bed. still nothing shaking. Beginning to think we are in for the long hawl.

His mother has phoned him three feckin times already today.

If i ever have another baby ill tell NO ONE the due date!!!

I know how you feel, I have my SIL home from abroad, my brotber home from England & my sister taking time off work all in anticipation of this baby. No pressure to get him out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm going full circle, going from wishing baby would arrive to praying that baby will hang on in there another week or two.

My husband had an accident yesterday resulting in a fractured spine. Not what we were expecting three weeks before baby is due :(

Everything is so uncertain now at the moment.
    My family have been amazing and are giving us a lot of support, but it's going to be a bit of a rollercoaster of a few weeks.

He's going to be on complete bed rest the following few weeks (about 6) and it is highly unlikely he will be well enough to be present at baby's birth :(

I just really hope baby hangs on in there another week anyway to give me time to get our affairs in order.
    Because of my false labour last week the hospital have me coming back Monday for a check up.

I'm going to have great fun travelling between two hospitals over the next few weeks. So much for relaxing on my few weeks maternity leave before baby arrived.

Moan over!

Advertisement