Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Georgeee wrote: »
    hey guys!! Shuwaaah is my oh and we've got news.............. little baby adam evan was born today at 14 45 weighing 7lbs 10 oz:D we're in awe he's class... i must be the proudest man in the world right now. i have a new respect for what ye ladys have to go through its alot easier to watch! honestly i couldnt be happier love ya shuwaaah xxxxx ( i know the mushyness is probly not welcome but i cant help it!) anyhows i hope to see loads of post from all of ye anouncing the little bundles best of luck dudes im sure herself will fill ya in on the details when she back up and runnin! :D:D:D

Congratulations to you both. Isn't it the most amazing experience!

Girls, I cannot wait to do it all again. I loved it.
    Will post my birth story on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Congrats Cadyboo, hope yourslef and baby Liam are doing well. Such a long labour, yikes! And he was a fine size too!

Cap, glad to hear the sweep didn't cause you too much pain, sounds like a nice birth. My wee man is the same, cannot keep him fed! 2.5 days worth of feeds emptied a 400g tin :-O just as well we're getting this food at a discount or we'd literally be eaten out of house and home! Sorry to hear the breastfeeding didn't work for you but at least you know you tried :-)

Well himself came on here last week and informed ye of the news, Adam Evan is a week old today. The birth was a lot easier than what I expected (you can be fine sure I wouldn't be saying that if I hadn't had the epidural) :D

Got home on wednesday, was never so happy to get away from somewhere as I was to get away from that hospital! I couldn't fault the care I recieved there at all (with the exception of one nasty midwife) but had a very rough night and was dying to get back to the home comforts. The wee man is settling in great, sleeps for 6 hours or so and then takes a feed and sleeps for another 2-4 hours, but can't keep him fed during the day, he's a savage like his parents!
    I absolutely love him to bits, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Everyone's on the home stretch now, I hope ye are all making the most of the maternity leave, and I hope the last couple of weeks at work fly by for those of ye due later on.

Thanks for all the support over the last few months, I found ye all to be of such help and it was great to have the advice and reassurance of others who were at the same stage as me, it really was invaluable. Best of luck to those still waiting to pop, see y'all on the newborn thread!!! :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i second that.

it was great to have people to reassure me, answer questions and give advice!! i would have been lost without ye ladies

muchos grasseyass :)

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Cap glad to hear you little boy is loving his bottles, the boys really do love their food!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Cap glad to hear you little boy is loving his bottles, the boys really do love their food!

That they do! I think my wee man has doubled in size in the last two days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Thanks for all the support over the last few months, I found ye all to be of such help and it was great to have the advice and reassurance of others who were at the same stage as me, it really was invaluable. Best of luck to those still waiting to pop, see y'all on the newborn thread!!! :D x

Definitely have to second this, it's been brill sharing all our ups and downs together, so lovely that we're all coming out the other end now with our bundles of joy :)

wmpdd3 I think you're right, it must be a boy thing. My little girl has the appetite of a sparrow & was so finicky to get a bottle into as a newborn.
    It took a while to get the bottle in then as long to get the wind out after :rolleyes:

This little fella is now taking 4-6oz bottles at each feed :eek: he's only 5 days old! He even slept 5 hours last night, I thought there was something wrong when he slept so long, kept checking to see he was ok :o
    I'm not complaining one bit though, long may it last :D

angelll wrote: »
    Huge congrats caprillicious :) Sounds like a lovely birth :) How's your dh doing?

He's doing great thanks Angelll. He went back to the hospital for a check up and we thought they'd sign him off soon to allow him back to work but they want him to keep the back brace on even longer so at this rate I think he'll be at home for most of my maternity leave.

It's a blessing in one way as he's not in too much pain, just has to be extremely careful not to cause further damage, that's why he's off work so long.
    However it means he can help out a bit with the babies so I can't complain.

How are you getting on with your little man? Does the pregnancy feel like it was a million years ago yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Awe i'm loving and extremely emotional reading birth stories from the April/May boards, still waiting patiently here but not due until 10th/11th May.
    I had a Dr. appointment yest and the head was very much engaged so could be anytime! Next appointment is back in the Rotunda next Tuesday to get the sweep-so so nervous and scared.
    Thought I was well in the "zone" for giving birth but in the last week i've been breaking down and thinking "i can't do this".....need to cop on!!
    Broke down watching the home births on Birth of the Nation last night on RTE1, I just can't wait to take my little baby home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bawled my eyes out at each one born every minute from dec until i had baby in the end of jan. I watched 2 more in feb before saying 'turn that thing off'. Hormones are funny things!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    i second that.it was great to have people to reassure me, answer questions and give advice!! i would have been lost without ye ladies

[QUOTE=saggycaggy;78437963
    Thought I was well in the "zone" for giving birth but in the last week i've been breaking down and thinking "i can't do this".....need to cop on!!
    Broke down watching the home births on Birth of the Nation last night on RTE1, I just can't wait to take my little baby home.

I haven't been on in a while and I feel like I missed so much, I was soo ill.. I had ear, throat and bladder infection absolutly felt rotton, finished anti biotics but still have blocked ears :( urghh rotton.. anyway just read through the updates and I cried at the above comments ha ha.. soo bloody emotional. I also watched the births of the nation today and I broke down, the labour is freaking me out.. ahh i suppose it has to be done!!!!!!

Congrats Capp im delighted for you.. xxxxx im delighted for you all...

I'm out of work sick now so I'm BORED out of my tree, im due in 24 days ahh.. I'm due the 25th of may i hope i don't go over too much, i want to get back to normal now :) Where cam I read the birth stories? Is there another tread for it? I cry reading them as well!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey all. Just checking in. had been a week full of mixed emotions. My nan passed away last tues morning. Wad so sad. She lived over 2 and a half hours away so I couldnt even go to d funeral as was overdue. I had the sweep thurs and didnt find it painful. A lil incomfortable but thats it. Friday I was very emotional. My nan was being buried and I coulnt go. I spent d day in my mother in laws as didnt wana be alone n al my family were gone to d funeral. Fri night / sat morning I staryed to get pains around 3am. Nothing 2 bad but different. Waters went at 6am . So headed to hosp. Labour didnt progres so sun mornin put me on drip at bout 9am. Pains started at 10 am and lil woman was here at 18.59. Have to say was good labour n were both flyin. Named her Aoife Martha (martha was my nans name). Was a week of such mixed emotions . My dad had tears in his eyes when I told him her name. He had to walk out of d room for a mo. Hope every1 else is doing good. And I hope those of u who are stil waitin arent gettin 2 impatient. Its deffinetly worth d wait.

Sucee I'm so sorry to hear about your nan and that you didn't get to see her before she passed. Hopefully she is looking down over your little girl x
    Congratulations on the birth of Aoife Martha, sounds like it was a long labour for you, what weight was she?
    Hope you're both doing well x

Congrats Suucee on the birth of Aoife Martha, so lovely that you called your wee girl after her, Martha is a gorgeous name-as is Aoife. Great to hear it was a positive birth. Sorry to hear about your nan,such an emotional time.

No stirring or movement here and im bored out of my mind!!Hope you are all keeping well with your new babies and those still waiting are keeping well-sure we're nearly there!!x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'm a day over now (unsurprisingly). Had a sweep on Wednesday and it was really painful and left me in agony with cramps for two full days, which have now stopped and I can behave like a human being again. I guess it's painful when baba isn't ready to move. I'm predicting another bank holiday baby here (#1 arrived on the Sun of the June bank hol in 2010).

I will never believe another word I say or type again! I must be the only overdue woman who got a shock when she went into labour - I lost my mucous plug (wasn't sure) about 3 hours after posting this on Sat and my waters went at 18:30, (but I thought it was just enthusiastic pee:rolleyes:) It was only when I felt a gush as I was eating my Chinese at 22:00 that I copped I was probably in labour. My friend had to help me pack the ward bag! Pains started then, got to hospital after midnight and my little woman arrived at 12:20 on the Sunday. No section this time and the staff must think I am a loon because when she popped out and I got a look, I was repeating "I did it, I did it!" across at my hubby at full volume! Am stiff and sore now (tear and supersize piles), but she's gorgeous and I got my VBAC:D

Good luck to all to have to go yet, you won't remember the wait when you have your baba in your arms!

Aw congratulations Implausible!!! Brill that it was such a fast labour in the end!

Hope mum & baby are both doing well :) Make sure your doc gives you Scheriproct or Proctocedyl for the piles if they haven't already - great for shrinking the buggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Sucee I'm so sorry to hear about your nan and that you didn't get to see her before she passed. Hopefully she is looking down over your little girl x
    Congratulations on the birth of Aoife Martha, sounds like it was a long labour for you, what weight was she?
    Hope you're both doing well x

Wasnt really long labour as pains went away after waters broke and didnt come back till they put drip in. So was onnly about 9 hours. Aoife was 6lb 10oz.

Congrats Implausible on your little girl. So true about not remembering the wait. it is so worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Next appointment is back in the Rotunda next Tuesday to get the sweep-so so nervous and scared.

Just curious, I'm also at the rotunda and also due the 10th or 11th, would you mind if I asked you why they would perform a sweep?

lounakin wrote: »
    Just curious, I'm also at the rotunda and also due the 10th or 11th, would you mind if I asked you why they would perform a sweep?

No problem, I was actually taken by surprise when the Dr. said it to me at my last appointment- I assumed it was only given if a woman goes well over her due date. I asked the Dr. and she said that because this is my second child that I would be more "favourable" to the sweep at 39 weeks rather than let me go over. If it was my first then they would leave it off for longer. I asked my own dr. at my appointment last week and she said the same. I'm happy to go with it, thought I would have gone by now since I went early with my daughter (silly to think like that I know) but feeling very fed up and emotional so if it helps im happy!

When is your next appointment in the Rotunda?

My next appointment is Thursday. I really don't like seeing the doctors there, I don't know about your experience but I always leave the check-up feeling stressed out and anxious! lol.
    I was asking because there seems to be a trend of always interfering with people's pregnancy! I know how you feel, I really want this baby out as soon as possible but why would they do this so early? Especially when you know that we're all different and the way they calculate the due date is usually quite inaccurate.
    It's my first baby so I know when I get to 40 weeks they'll start brandishing various things in my face to get everything started and that really bugs me since I want to have a natural birth. So as long as there's enough fluid and the baby's ok, I will say no... but I'm glad I read your post, it prompted me to do research on the practice and probably expect it!
    Good luck for your appointment!

I've always had such positive appointments-I would look forward to them and always see the same midwife and dr. and would feel relaxed and happy after each visit. That's awful for you if you feel like that after every appointment- is it after seeing a specific Dr/Midwife? I'm semi-private by the way.

I have been doing my own research on the sweep since I was told about it but when I am examined tomorrow and if im still considered favourable then I'm happy to proceed. I'll let you know how I get on anyway, good luck with your next appointment.

• Advertisement

Best of luck tomorrow Saggycaggy, I hope all goes well with your sweep! with any luck you will be holding your baby in the next 24-48 hours, so exciting!

Lounakin that's disappointing that you had such a negative experience with your doctors, not what you want on your first :( just remember they can't force you to take any intervention, hopefully all will go well and it wont come to that.

Saggycaggy, I'm public and the doctors keep changing... It's basically 2 or more hours waiting (you're lucky to get a seat) for a 2 minute check-up. In the few months I've only had one doctor that was nice, who took a few more minutes and even gave me a couple of scan pictures to take home. But usually you're in and out. The last 3 visits I've had I was unlucky enough to get the same particular doctor, a woman, who not only refused to answer any of my questions but also managed to scare me needlessly. I had very specific questions and in the 3 times I wasn't able to get any of them answered! Anyway, I find the midwives amazing and if I had to do it all again I would do the midwife clinic. Unfortunately as a public patient you only see one for the big anomaly scan.
    Best of luck, hope you get your baby soon! Such exciting times!

Just lying in the Rotunda looking at my beautiful baby girl born at 2.04pm today. Just about made it to the hospital!!Emily is her name and she was 7lbs 11. We're both doing great but both tired!!xx

Just lying in the Rotunda looking at my beautiful baby girl born at 2.04pm today. Just about made it to the hospital!!Emily is her name and she was 7lbs 11. We're both doing great but both tired!!xx

Congratulations saggycaggy!!!!! absolutely thrilled for you :) I hope you & baby Emily are doing very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

awwwww congrats :) delighted for you. love the name too :)

im lying in my bed looking at the little monster in the Moses basket beside me and still finding it hard to believe that she's mine and i made her!!! its still all so surreal!!!!!

but yeah... well done all of us!!!!

is there anyone still to pop in this thread????

Congratulations saggycaggy! So did you get the sweep in the end? If you did it must have worked!
    Love the name (it's my name! ha ha!)
    And to answer staticdoor71: I'm still to pop! My official date is tomorrow but it's my first so I don't know if she'll be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Still to pop too! Estimated date on Sunday 13th. Got very little warning with my first who came 3 weeks early, so I am symptoms checking like a mad woman :p Just want to make it to the hospital in time!
    Baby still seems happy enough in there and Im not too uncomfortable so I'm happy to go all the way and enjoy a few more full nights sleep!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm still here!

Due date is Saturday. :eek:

Happy to wait though until baby is ready - luckily I dont seem to have that discomfort that most other women have before birth - I still feel like I'm about 6-7 months along...but getting a bit bored at home - gonna have a cook-a-thon at the weekend and stock up the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Im the same, still comfortable enough, but wouldn't be fit to do a lot so getting a bit bored sitting around.
    Had a cook-o-thon 4 weeks ago cause my first was 3 weeks early, had another one last week cause had got through a good few bits, especially for my 19 month old, she can be a bit picky and there is no way I will have table battles once baby is here!! I have also warned hubby that he will be on meal and cooking duties for the forseeable future ;)
    Few pains this morning, but done a good bit of walking yesterday, so it could be just muscles sore. GP apt this afternoon, hopefully the last one...

• Advertisement

I suddenly got some development! I was due today and yesterday the midwife asked if I wanted a sweep. She said she wouldn't do it if my cervix wasn't ready so I said ok. Turns out I wasn't ready and she couldn't perform it. I came home knowing that things were on the way but it wouldn't be for a good few days. I also felt the same I'd felt in months so I knew inside nothing was happening. That same evening I got the "show", and was convinced it was due to the examination I had that day. Then it looked like some of the water broke! I started panicking because I didn't want someone to break them for me (I thought the midwife must have really been harsh).
    Anyway, at 2 am I started feeling what seemed like contractions, but I can't be sure. All day, I've had them and I'm still not sure! I thought it would be obvious... I feel so dumb! I have a dull back ache that comes and goes every 2 minutes accompanied by a slightly painful contraction at the lower front of my stomach. Could that be false labour?
    I took a bath and went to the cinema with my hot water bottle on my back and the pains have gone for now.

Advertisement