Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

OMG Cap, so sorry to hear that, I hope your OH gets better soon x
    It really never rains but it pours!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Holy crikey capp :( that is awful!!!!! You are really going through the mill this last few weeks :(

I hope for your sake baby does hang tight.. you must be crawling the walls.

I hope your hubby will be ok xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

cap, what bad luck, i really feel for you. i know what's ahead of you, you're going to need help from anyone who offers it... i did and i had the other half beside me.

really feel for you

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm going full circle, going from wishing baby would arrive to praying that baby will hang on in there another week or two.

My husband had an accident yesterday resulting in a fractured spine. Not what we were expecting three weeks before baby is due :(

Everything is so uncertain now at the moment.
    My family have been amazing and are giving us a lot of support, but it's going to be a bit of a rollercoaster of a few weeks.

He's going to be on complete bed rest the following few weeks (about 6) and it is highly unlikely he will be well enough to be present at baby's birth :(

I just really hope baby hangs on in there another week anyway to give me time to get our affairs in order.
    Because of my false labour last week the hospital have me coming back Monday for a check up.

I'm going to have great fun travelling between two hospitals over the next few weeks. So much for relaxing on my few weeks maternity leave before baby arrived.

Moan over!

Cap - thats awful!!! poor you! Poor hubby!! Is there any way that you could move your appointments to the hospital your hubby is in? it would be some help. hopefully he will make a good recovery and you all will be home safe with your new arrival soon. Hugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Oh my goodness cap you poor thing and your poor dh :( Will he be at home on bedrest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Aw caprilicious that's awful, hope he gets well soon and I hope ye get all the help that ye need. fingers crossed that he will be well enough to be there for the birth, you never know, he could heal a bit quicker than expected, if the baby hangs on in there for an extra week it could be possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

ah caprilicious thats terrible :( was it a work accident or was he at home at the time? hope things work out for you, good u have your family there tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thanks a mill for the well wishes everyone, it means a lot xx

He's home now but in a lot of pain. I'm in hospital tomorrow for a check up and going to explain the situation to them (we're in different hospitals) and see if there is any possibility they would give me a scheduled induction.

If I go into labour in the middle of the night, my husband can't drive me & he wont be able to mind our daughter by himself because he can't lift her.
    So even though I could possibly call an ambulance to bring me to hospital, our family live half an hour away, I couldn't leave our house til someone was with her.

At least if we knew when baby was due, it would allow me to organise things with family so someone can mind our little girl.

He was working at home under a jeep & the lift jack broke dropping the weight of the jeep onto his back.
    It's broken/fractured in two places. So he can only stand/sit for 15 mins at a go max, other than that he's on bed rest for 6-12 weeks.
    He's very lucky to be alive and not paralysed :( So for that I'm absolutely counting our blessings.
    Fingers crossed the hospital will work with me tomorrow and we can come to some sort of solution & I can stop stressing about that then!

I hope the rest of ye are having much less eventful pregnancies than me at the moment!
    Not long for us either way, can't believe I'm 2 weeks or thereabouts from the finish line (or even sooner if they do induce me) :)

Any stirring from our currently due mammies? Static door is your mammy in law still ringing half a dozen times a day? :)

She certainly is capp. the count is at three today (due today) so i can only imagine how many times she will call from here on in.
    Still. she was not alone. the world and its oyster text me today. i know see how stupid we were to reveal the date!!
    You should really count your blessings that your husband is ok. god. that could have been fatal!!!! Someone has you covered up above :) its a pain in the butt but thank the baby jebus he's alive and semi well :)
    And when he is fixed you can use and abuse him :)
    Hope the hospital will be helpful tomorrow

Im in the hospital on Tuesday but Im not expecting any intervention that quick :(
    Feeling fine. no pains. babys movements are a bit stronger that's about it. just realllllllly tired. was up today at 10.30. and asleep again by 4 for a nap!!

Hope everyone else is doing well
    xxxxx

Your OH really had an angel on his shoulder Cap, your mind could go crazy thinking what could have happened, hope his bed rest helps him feel better so he can enjoy his new baby & help you out. I'm sure the hospital will work with you under the circumstances.

No movement here, baba seems to be staying put for the time being, even tried some lovin' last night but still not a dicky bird :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

can someone move in with you until babs arrives if its only for 2wks? that way it would give u the option of ringing an ambulance if u go into labour? hopefully they mite induce you and you will know what date etc, i was induced on my dd and it was handy knowing when it was gonna happen..

tg ur hubby will b ok, bar the pain :( ,

Oh no static I'd crack up with all those calls :eek: I had a friend that text EVERY.SINGLE.DAY I went over due as well as a few days before to see if baby had arrived.

Same time every morning, exact same message! She must have just kept forwarding the same message.
    It drove me demented! swore I would never tell people my due date this time but did anyway :rolleyes:

Hubbie definitely has someone looking over him. His lovely mum passed away this time last year so I think she definitely had a hand to play in keeping him safe Thank God.

Play Bunny I can't really get anyone to stay over, as my brother in law & sister are the only one's we have locally & they work shift hours so often work quite early/late.

I'm going to ask the hospital tomorrow if they can give me an elective induction, maybe book me in to be induced later this week/early next week.
    Fingers crossed they will.

Ms2011 fair play to you for having the energy for that lark! Though when I went a week over due then started going into the second week overdue last time I did try the bould thing to try encourage baby out. Didn't work (didn't do a thing for me either :o), other half wasn't complaining though!

Static/Ms2011 are either of ye going to ask for a sweep to get things moving?
    I did last time, was a little uncomfortable after (like mild period pains) but got baby moving :)

I was considering the sweep. but then i was wondering.... is it the same as being induced?? Cuz i have heard that make labour pains worse and longer??
    Or is a sweep A last ditch attempt at getting natural labour going before an induction?
    Also i was at my doc last Thursday and he doesn't think the hospital will do diddely squat for me on Tuesday.
    I've got one of "those" friends capp. i just keep forwarding her the same reply. all she gets is "nope" in reply to her "any sign". Can't WAIT till its my turn to annoy her :)
    How long did u go over on ur first capp? And how the hell did you keep yourself occupied?? I've no concentration for movie or book. fed up watching friends. all babies clothes washed. and a little afraid to stray toooooo far from home... borrrrrring!!!! And Im only fifteen mins overdue haha imagine how ill be if they leave me the ten frickin days!!!!

Ms2011 fair play to you for having the energy for that lark! Though when I went a week over due then started going into the second week overdue last time I did try the bould thing to try encourage baby out. Didn't work (didn't do a thing for me either :o), other half wasn't complaining though!

Static/Ms2011 are either of ye going to ask for a sweep to get things moving?

I was only saying to OH how nice it will be to do the deed for fun again & not just to either get a baby in or out of me :)

I don't usually go to the hospital for my visits (except for scans) but as I am now over they have sent me to the hospital on Thursday for my next visit & there has been mention of a sweep. Once I go 10 days over I cannot stay with the Domino Scheme so I think my midwives are eagar not to let me get that far.

I was considering the sweep. but then i was wondering.... is it the same as being induced?? Cuz i have heard that make labour pains worse and longer??
    Or is a sweep A last ditch attempt at getting natural labour going before an induction?
    Also i was at my doc last Thursday and he doesn't think the hospital will do diddely squat for me on Tuesday.
    I've got one of "those" friends capp. i just keep forwarding her the same reply. all she gets is "nope" in reply to her "any sign". Can't WAIT till its my turn to annoy her :)
    How long did u go over on ur first capp? And how the hell did you keep yourself occupied?? I've no concentration for movie or book. fed up watching friends. all babies clothes washed. and a little afraid to stray toooooo far from home... borrrrrring!!!! And Im only fifteen mins overdue haha imagine how ill be if they leave me the ten frickin days!!!!

The sweep is where they clear the membrane by having a bit of a root around down there.
    The induction is where they use a gel or pessary to cause labour. So the sweep would be the more natural of the two options.
    I had the sweep at 41+3 last time & went into labour late 41+4, had baby morning of 41+5.
    It was a little uncomfortable at the time, but not much more than when they did an internal to see if I was dilated. It left me with period like pains the next day, though I did lose my plug soon after so I think it may have helped a little.

Ah that's frustrating that you're so restless. I read the 'Count of Monte Cristo' for the first time, started it when I began to go overdue & got really stuck into it for the fortnight, so at least that was some distraction!
    I think that's the last book I've read & I used to read a lot. Never seem to have the time these days :o

Ms2011 that would be a pity if you did go over the 10 days and have to leave the Domino scheme. Fingers crossed baby will arrive well before then and you'll be able to stay with the midwives :)

I had my appt today omg 3 hours of waiting around is enough to drive anyone spare!
    When I arrived it was jam packed so I asked the receptionist if I come back in an hour when things had quietened down.
    Went off and grabbed a cuppa, walked a few laps around the hospital grounds. Anything to keep my little girl entertained. I didn't think I'd have much longer to wait when I got back though, how wrong I was!
    It was ridiculous, I'm ok with the standing, but there were some very heavily pregnancy women there standing for the full 2+ hours :(

I asked the Doctor if there's any chance of an earlier induction so I could control when I go into labour & make sure I had family around to mind the little lady/keep an eye on the hubbie.
    The best the doc could commit to was getting me to meet with the head consultant at my 40 week appointment so he can decide if I can be induced at that point.
    I know a lot of people seem to have elective sections from 38 odd weeks on, so wasn't sure if it might be the same (under exceptional circumstances) with inductions.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a case of me wanting to bring on labour earlier, if anything it'd be better if I knew I had another full 2 weeks to look after hubbie and get into some kind of routine there with him.
    But I'm so nervous of going into labour during the night and trying to either drive myself to the hospital or get someone to drive me.

I don't know what babs is doing at the moment but I wish he would stop! It feels like all of his weight is directly over my ladybits & the weight is making me feel like they're going to fall out or I'm going to wee.
    Would prefer neither option thanks v much! :o:D

The sweep is where they clear the membrane by having a bit of a root around down there.
    The induction is where they use a gel or pessary to cause labour. So the sweep would be the more natural of the two options.
    I had the sweep at 41+3 last time & went into labour late 41+4, had baby morning of 41+5.
    It was a little uncomfortable at the time, but not much more than when they did an internal to see if I was dilated. It left me with period like pains the next day, though I did lose my plug soon after so I think it may have helped a little. :o:D

baby is going frickin mental inside me tonight since about half 6. I hope to god its a sign that things are moving along now!!! Ive my appt at 3:30 tomorrow.. be nice to be told when i get there that im in early labour. No pains or anything yet tho..

Capp, is that two weeks so you have to wait until you know if you have have an induction? thats a bit unfair of them.. i thought a baby was ready to be born at 37 weeks?

My sister-in-law (ish) gave me a book to read. its called the calm baby something or other by Gina Ford... Basically her baby is now 3 months old, and sleeping from 10:30pm - 7:30am... So im reading that to see what I can grab from it.. some of it reads good.. some of it reads like hitler-ism... You should have heard the grunts groans and gfaws from himself when he had a glance through it haha

Ill give it a whirl.. id like a baby that sleeps that much so young :o

Ooh fingers crossed the movement is a good sign! What I had read was that 'full term' pregnancy was deemed to be 38 - 42 weeks, so would have thought they might have considered an induction at 38/39 weeks.

The problem is, if they do try induce you earlier than baby is ready, it can make the labour harder/mo
    ~re intense & put baby into distress, so they generally don't try it unless deemed medically necessary.
    That's fair enough, I certainly don't want to put baby into distress & it would be pointless making labour more difficult for myself if it meant I was too ill after to mind baby/hubbie & toddler.

I found with that Gina Ford book I had to take the advice in it with a pinch of salt.
    I terrified myself reading that book when pregnant about how rigorous things would/should be :eek::o
    Reading between the lines I thought 'where do I get time to me?!'.

Thankfully my daughter was sleeping 8-10 hours a night from 8 weeks old of her own choice. I thought if I didn't follow some form of routine like the GF one that my child would never sleep!

Some tips were handy so I dipped in and out of it.

I hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow :)

Appointment was a total frickin farce from the get-go!!!
    Was for 3,30. got there bout quarter past as i do (hate being late). it was frickin FOUR FIFTEEN before we were seen :( that was just in the little room to get bp and urine checked. and the waiting room was wedged and hotter than hell!!!!
    Anyhow. then had to wait to see my consultant. ten past five this happened :( all the while my poor stomach thought my throat had been cut i was so starved. no one told me to bring a bleedin picnic!!!
    Got in to see the head honcho. did a quick scan. then all he said was "a watched pot never boils, come back to me Tuesday if you haven't had the baby and we Will discuss induction. but baby is well engaged so you should have"...... And sent us on our merry way!!!!
    Such a wasted day that i could have spent trying to work out how whales have sex... or at the very least gone for a walk :)
    Then top it off.. leaving the hospital... walking back to carpark... the heavens opened with SNOW!!!!!!!!! does himself upstairs know its APRIL?????

Anywho.... hope u ladies had a nicer day :) and everyone's keeping well.. Im wide awake cuz i went for a stupid nap earlier that turned into five hours :)

Hope my appointment tomorrow is more productive, hate the thoughts of going into the hospital as it is without it being a wasted journey.
    They weren't going to bring me in until Friday but then they remenbered it was Good Friday so they're bringing me in tomorrow, I'll be 6 days over.

Crikey Im only three days over today and Im crawling the walls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

I'm going full circle, going from wishing baby would arrive to praying that baby will hang on in there another week or two.

My husband had an accident yesterday resulting in a fractured spine. Not what we were expecting three weeks before baby is due :(

Everything is so uncertain now at the moment.
    My family have been amazing and are giving us a lot of support, but it's going to be a bit of a rollercoaster of a few weeks.

He's going to be on complete bed rest the following few weeks (about 6) and it is highly unlikely he will be well enough to be present at baby's birth :(

I just really hope baby hangs on in there another week anyway to give me time to get our affairs in order.
    Because of my false labour last week the hospital have me coming back Monday for a check up.

I'm going to have great fun travelling between two hospitals over the next few weeks. So much for relaxing on my few weeks maternity leave before baby arrived.

Moan over!
    Hi cap.. im soo sorry to hear about your husband!!!! it's just couldn't come at a worse time.. youll have your family and his family around, dont get too down about it hun...

Just reading on,, jesus a jeep falling on him, he was very lucky.. god...
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: he's being watched over,,

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

static my fingers and toes are crossed for you.. your soo close now.. i've 7 weeks to go from friday you could be back here ha ha.. i cant wait to start reading the bith stories i'll be s&tting myself ha ha.. im soo scared and excited at the same time..

i had my hosp app today, im going to naas now and by GOD is it better then the coombe itself.. anyway baby is doing great, it's measuring right on size, i got a blood test done to check my iron levels, i think there low again.. im on one a day galfer so maybe i need to increase it.. i'm sooooo freaking drained urghh,, at least only one more day to get up early!!!!!!

Thanks a mill cocoemma, he's not too bad now. In a lot of pain, but we're adapting to the limitations his injury has put on him.
    Though he keeps forgetting himself and going to pick up our 2 year old. She's a heavy little lady so I'm terrified he'll do himself a worse injury.

Great that your appt went to well today! Sounds like you had a better hospital experience than the rest of us!
    Hopefully tomorrow will fly by & you'll be off enjoying your time off before you know it :)

Staticdoor I feel for you. I had a 3 hour wait in the hospital Monday, get's pretty frustrating to be left waiting so long, especially when you're only seen for 5 minutes when you do get in!!

Ms2011 I hope all goes well tomorrow. I think the most the let you go over is 10 days, so fingers crossed you will have no longer than 4/5 days left to meet baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey guys, havent been on in a while and surprised no one has popped yet. Cap glad to hear your husband is doing better and hopefully baba will not come in the middle of the night.
    Had 38 week hosp app today at 2.30. Wasnt called in until 4.30 for bp etc. then another wait to see the doc. Not putting on enough weight (yey an excuse to eat easter eggs, if only i wanted to ) Head not engaged yet. Done a quick scan and he was happy with that. Then discovered my hosp card had gone astray. between seeing the midwife and going in to the consultant. Midwife couldnt find it so gave me a new one. All she wrote on it was my name. So if i go in in the next 2 weeks i have a blank hosp card. My dob, chart num, blood type etc isnt on it. Just my name. Think i might write it on it my self cus no doubt the oh wont be able to think of anything at the time.
    "rant over" think patience is starting to go and still have 2 weeks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I'm also sorry to hear about your hubbie's accident Cap, I hope you get all the support you need and everything works out-im sure it will.

Thats awful annoying Suucee, and the wait of 2 hours too!!! I hope your hosp card is found in the meantime.

All well here, 5weeks until ETA and 2 more weeks of work, lovely to have a 4 day weekend though!! I had a hospital appointment in the Rotunda last Monday and all is good and well, head is well down so hopefully he/she won't be around! Bit of pain down below only-Anusol is my new best friend!! Gross but it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Oh so sorry to hear about your husband Capp!! Hope it all works out ok for you.

Have we not had any babies born yet for our thread?? Im due the 15th and really really want to go soon. Am drinking RLT and taking tablets and have been reading about evening primrose, anyone tried them before?

Cadyboo wrote: »

Have we not had any babies born yet for our thread?? Im due the 15th and really really want to go soon. Am drinking RLT and taking tablets and have been reading about evening primrose, anyone tried them before?

i was due on April 1st and Im STILL waiting :( fed up does not even come close to describing my mood.

Also. my birthday is next Thursday the 12th and i just realised that the chances are ill either b in hospital for my birthday or babz Will only BE born on my bday.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies x he's doing well, still in a lot of pain & going demented on not being able to do much. Considering the state he was in this day last week in A&E he's very lucky.

Static my heart goes out to you, I know I found every minute never mind every day over drove me mad. I found myself getting so irritated & the 'any stirring' or 'any sign of movement' comments almost had me foaming at the mouth :o
    Hopefully your baby will arrive before your birthday & you can enjoy your first birthday as a mum :)

Cadyboo I haven't tried the rapsberry tea, may give it a go though seeing as energetic gardening & walking haven't worked to get this baby of mine stirring yet!

Saggycaggy that's great that you're finishing up so soon! hopefully the time will fly by. I know the feeling with the Anusol, that and Preparation H have become a part of my daily routine recently :o

Suucee that is very frustrating with the hospital card. I remember going into hospital at about 28 weeks on my last pregnancy with pains that I thought were contractions.
    I rang the hospital & was told to come in, but forgot my card. The midwife was really rude to me til I pointed out if I had been told when I rang to bring it with me then I would have, but I wasn't :rolleyes:
    My card only has 2 entries written in it for the entire pregnancy, hospital never bothered giving me a card for the first 2-3 appointments.

I woke up yesterday convinced there might be some stirrings.
    Baby was the lowest he has even been, my pelvis was sore/tight from how low down he was, I could breathe properly for the first time in months & could fit a whole hand between my boobs & top of my bump, even had a few tightening contractions of my tum.
    I've heard physical exertions can bring on labour such as walking, so I took to tidying up the garden with gusto weeding/planting.
    Basically lots of stretching, bending, walking.
    All it seems to have done was made baby go up as high as physically possible in my tum :o Literally, any higher & I will be giving birth orally :p

Ah well, at least the garden looks well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Ah Suucee, that's wild that they lost your card. You think they'd have at least filled in the details that they know! I know my GP has a card that he keeps in his office, every time I go in he writes down the details from the hospital appointment on his card and then fills out his info on both cards, he give me my one back and he holds onto his. Not sure if this is common practice but if it is you might be able to get the details and fill them in yourself?

I woke up yesterday convinced there might be some stirrings.
    Baby was the lowest he has even been, my pelvis was sore/tight from how low down he was, I could breathe properly for the first time in months & could fit a whole hand between my boobs & top of my bump, even had a few tightening contractions of my tum.
    I've heard physical exertions can bring on labour such as walking, so I took to tidying up the garden with gusto weeding/planting.
    Basically lots of stretching, bending, walking.
    All it seems to have done was made baby go up as high as physically possible in my tum :o Literally, any higher & I will be giving birth orally :p

Ah well, at least the garden looks well :D

Hehehe, I laughed so hard when I read this that babs got a fright and started bopping away inside :pac:

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Am drinking RLT and taking tablets and have been reading about evening primrose, anyone tried them before?

No idea, I'm going starting doing everything I can to bring on labour. Over the last few weeks, anytime I was wishing babs to come early I'd remind myself that these are the last few weeks of me not being a parent EVER :o then during the week there we found out my partner got a new job, which is brilliant, but it means he'll be training the other end of the country for a week or two from the 1st of may so we're praying bambino puts in an appearance well before then :o

That said, my partner called me down to the bathroom earlier and he had a nice hot bath ran for me, and candles lit all over the place...I could get used to that kind of treatment ;)

Whats the raspberry leaf tea like Cadyboo? And what's the story with the primrose oil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    No idea, I'm going starting doing everything I can to bring on labour. Over the last few weeks, anytime I was wishing babs to come early I'd remind myself that these are the last few weeks of me not being a parent EVER :o then during the week there we found out my partner got a new job, which is brilliant, but it means he'll be training the other end of the country for a week or two from the 1st of may so we're praying bambino puts in an appearance well before then :o

That said, my partner called me down to the bathroom earlier and he had a nice hot bath ran for me, and candles lit all over the place...I could get used to that kind of treatment ;)

Whats the raspberry leaf tea like Cadyboo? And what's the story with the primrose oil?

Aw that was so nice of your partner. Hopefully baby will come before then!
    The RLT is actually lovely. I use the tea bags and really enjoy it. The tablets are horrible so I gulp them down. But if it shortens and makes labour easier Ill try anything.
    Not too sure about the evening primrose at all.. Google it and see what you think. You have to insert them vaginally and have spoken to a girl who swears it worked for her.

Advertisement