Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stuff in the shops now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Heroes, Roses, Quality Street and Celebrations tins are only 6e in Tesco and Supervalu; not sure about Dunnes!

Also went in to BT last weekend and they have their lovely Christmas section open - I'm so excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Yeah I was in Yankee Candle yesterday and they have the whole works - lighted Christmas tree and wreaths in the window and around the shop.
    As much as I adore Christmas and love seeing bits and pieces in shops, I think it's a bit early to have the shop window done up. Another shop across from YC had their shopfront done up too.

I was up North yesterday and loads of shops had Christmas bits and pieces! Bought a couple of small things. And I bought a Christmas magazine with stuff to make and do.

For anyone that's interested in what's hot with Christmas looks, the same themes seem to be in as last year: red and White Scandinavian, multicoloured jewel colours and all white. There's also vintage and emphasis on making your own decorations.

Oooooh, where were you? Was in Enniskillen today and Poundland, whcih is new, was mental!! I'm thinking of heading back up on Thursday to do some ... CHRISTMAST SHOPPING!!!! I have day off, and nwxt day a wedding, so think it could be a good day for Christmas stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

flutegirl wrote: »
    Oooooh, where were you? Was in Enniskillen today and Poundland, whcih is new, was mental!! I'm thinking of heading back up on Thursday to do some ... CHRISTMAST SHOPPING!!!! I have day off, and nwxt day a wedding, so think it could be a good day for Christmas stuff!

Ya was in Enniskillen too! Poundland was mental on Saturday too. Was looking at the Christmas decorations for ages in there and bought a small wooden thing!

Just to add M & S have the most gorgeous biscuit and chocolate giftware. One biscuit tin was a musical box and I would havel loved it but ran out of money by then!

In Poundland I bought two Christmas CDs for £1 each - a Bing/Dean Martin etc one and a carols one. We even listened to the Crooners one on the way home in the car!

Speaking of M&S - does anyone have any idea when the Marks and Spencer Christmas food catalogue is out? God I love that - I just look through it and drool!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Evonatron

I just found this forum, one dedicated to Xmas- does it get any better?
    I am really looking forward to the M&S food catalogue as well, although I got my moms turkey there last year however it was a tad on the small size for e60 and she nearly dropped dead when she realised how much it cost. I got my one in Lidl/Aldi and it was bigger and way cheaper so might do that as well this year. M&S do this butter baste sauce... sweet divine jesus it is amazing!!!

Yum Yum cant wait :)

• Advertisement

Evonatron wrote: »
    I just found this forum, one dedicated to Xmas- does it get any better?
    I am really looking forward to the M&S food catalogue as well, although I got my moms turkey there last year however it was a tad on the small size for e60 and she nearly dropped dead when she realised how much it cost. I got my one in Lidl/Aldi and it was bigger and way cheaper so might do that as well this year. M&S do this butter baste sauce... sweet divine jesus it is amazing!!!

Yum Yum cant wait :)

I know it's soooo exciting! Can't wait for the real winter weather to set in as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

leahyl wrote: »
    Speaking of M&S - does anyone have any idea when the Marks and Spencer Christmas food catalogue is out? God I love that - I just look through it and drool!:pac:

ITS OUT!!!!!!!!

ITS OUT!!!!!!!!

:eek::pac: I was on the website earlier and the Christmas food ordering section was 'down for maintenance'! Wonder what that could mean:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

does anyone know any good websites for ordering christmas hampers for home delivery? I would like to help out my folks with their christmas grocery shopping but am not in the country for xmas this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

B&Q at liffey valley have it set up for christmas... Shocked when i walked in, hundreds upon hundreds of decorations :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone know is the boots Christmas catalogue out yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

For Cunning Stunt
    I have got a few Christmas hampers over the years and I have found that some of the contents would never be eaten by anyone.
    Instead of a hamper I would get a gift voucher for one of the big supermarkets and let your parents buy what they would like themselves. If you contact the head office I am sure they could sort this out or some friend here in Ireland could do this for you.

To Deise-girl The boots cat is out. They are not having any shopping evenings this year were you got a lot of points if you spend over €60.
    The gifts in it are nice. Marks and Spencer usually have a nice cat also and many of there gifts are 3 for 2.

M&S have 3 for 2 on their Christmas decorations but they're very expensive. There were some gorgeous things that I loved but couldn't justify €16 for a small wooden reindeer. :(

I got a not-too-unlike reindeer (not as expensive looking) in lidl for €1 a few years ago so will wait for lidl to bring stuff out.
    I keep saying I will make my decorations this year, if I ever get around to it!

Speaking of M&S food, I love the ads on TV with that male actor talking over it. Can't wait for the Christmas version to come out.
    His voice + the food = Heaven :)

M&S have 3 for 2 on their Christmas decorations but they're very expensive. There were some gorgeous things that I loved but couldn't justify €16 for a small wooden reindeer. :(

I got a not-too-unlike reindeer (not as expensive looking) in lidl for €1 a few years ago so will wait for lidl to bring stuff out.
    I keep saying I will make my decorations this year, if I ever get around to it!

Speaking of M&S food, I love the ads on TV with that male actor talking over it. Can't wait for the Christmas version to come out.
    His voice + the food = Heaven :)

MMMM sounds mouth watering but I'm on WW diet up to Christmas so have to be relatively good!!:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

deise_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know is the boots Christmas catalogue out yet? :)

if you go on their website you can see their range, although its in sterling but it will give you an idea of what they have! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Don't know if anyone is into Michael Bublé but his new Christmas album is out at the end of the month! :D I love it already! \o/

Preview here:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Alicat I too can not wait for this album to come out !! Brown Thomas is having a Michael Buble Weekend this weekend and are selling the album I think its the first place in the world you can actually buy the album so i will defiantly be headdin down friday! its sounds amazing! :D

Alicat wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone is into Michael Bublé but his new Christmas album is out at the end of the month! :D I love it already! \o/

Preview here:

Can't wait for this! I love Buble!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

liamo22 wrote: »
    Alicat I too can not wait for this album to come out !! Brown Thomas is having a Michael Buble Weekend this weekend and are selling the album I think its the first place in the world you can actually buy the album so i will defiantly be headdin down friday! its sounds amazing! :D

:eek: Seriously?? Aww noooo I'm workin'! That would've been fun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I just went onto iTunes yesterday to download Buble's christmas album, but its not out yet. Cant wait!!!! :D:D

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I just went onto iTunes yesterday to download Buble's christmas album, but its not out yet. Cant wait!!!! :D:D

Can you go on iTunes and download Michael Buble himself? Now that would be an excellent Christmas present ;)

Cherrycola wrote: »

Can you go on iTunes and download Michael Buble himself? Now that would be an excellent Christmas present ;)

Don't think his wife would be too happy! ;-)

leahyl wrote: »
    Don't think his wife would be too happy! ;-)

Christmas is all about giving and receiving :D

Christmas is all about giving and receiving :D

Sharing is caring!! :D

Bought some Christmas things in TK Maxx, Penneys, and Next the other day. I might put a picture up. Actually not a bad idea for a thread! We could put up pictures of Christmas things we bought and say where we got them and how much, in case people want to buy the same. :)

Then I had to scrimp and pay off my credit card, cause I spent too much on stuff!
    The only problem with getting new decorations is you forget what you have and you end up getting similar things, especially in places like Penneys where the stuff tends to be a bit similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Was in B&Q this morning and they have a large christmas display, trying to resist buying new decorations till after Halloween!!

They were also selling snow shovels! I think i will buy on of them soon, think we will defenity need it this winter, seeing them realy made me feel christmasy

Actually not a bad idea for a thread! We could put up pictures of Christmas things we bought and say where we got them and how much, in case people want to buy the same. :)

QUOTE]

Great idea milli milli!:D

Dont splash out on the snow shovels and boots just yet, please god we wont need them this year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056426210

As much as i love a white Christmas, last year and the year before was just too extreme. Give me a nice crisp, wintery Christmas instead, bit of frost on the trees, cold sunny afternoon, or just the very lightest fall of snow on Christmas morn.
    After the no water debacle last year, im praying for an easier time this Christmas!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Ikea have their stuff out according to their FB page, some nice little things from looking at their website.

Advertisement