Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stuff in the shops now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Picked up my first Stollen of the year in Aldi yesterday.....
    "It's in the singing of a street corner choir, it's going home and getting warm by the fire, it's true wherever you find love it feels like Christmas!"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We walked past the Christmas things in M&S today and I had to be told that I wasn't allowed buy 4 advent calenders to countdown to Christmas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

We walked past the Christmas things in M&S today and I had to be told that I wasn't allowed buy 4 advent calenders to countdown to Christmas. :(

bobblehead, it's your money! I think you need to make trip on your own to M&S. It's your duty to get those candles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

bobblehead, it's your money! I think you need to make trip on your own to M&S. It's your duty to get those candles!!

My mum's the same with me - whenever I see something Christmassy and want to buy it and she's with me, I end up not buying it:(

A few years back though I insisted on buying a garland for the fireplace and she loves it now (even though at the time she thought I was nuts for paying 50e for it!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

washiskin wrote: »
    OK lads, NOW I know it's official! Just picked up 1 Glade "Glistening Snow" and 1 Airwick "Mulled Wine & Crackling Fire" candle in Tesco - both half price at the moment!:D

Thanks for the heads up. Was in there today and got Berries and Spices (my fav smell) and Mulled wine. As soon as it gets dark I will be lighting one of them :pac:

• Advertisement

I adore this forum!!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

selection boxes/ chocolate tree decorations now in tescos, bit early isn'd it?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

selection boxes/ chocolate tree decorations now in tescos, bit early isn'd it?

Ahh its never too early :D (unless its before september :rolleyes: )
    Tesco in maynooth has a fairly impressive selection at the moment :D

washiskin wrote: »
    Picked up my first Stollen of the year in Aldi yesterday.....
    "It's in the singing of a street corner choir, it's going home and getting warm by the fire, it's true wherever you find love it feels like Christmas!"

OMG I love stollen! Yum yum!

Was in tesco the other day and was marvelling at all their Christmas chocs. Was gonna buy a few little things to put aside for Christmas to have in the house when people call. Like you know those little bags with choc Christmas puds? But thought it mite be too early yet.

God I cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Brought the kids their advent calendars yesterday! I'm screwed for a bit of peace now they've seen them but I love it!

To be honest, I'm finding it very difficult not to buy all the cheap tacky christmas things they have in the poundshops at the moment. Just desperate for the festivities to start!:D

• Advertisement

Love2love wrote: »
    Brought the kids their advent calendars yesterday! I'm screwed for a bit of peace now they've seen them but I love it!

To be honest, I'm finding it very difficult not to buy all the cheap tacky christmas things they have in the poundshops at the moment. Just desperate for the festivities to start!:D

Well, finally gave in and bought 3 tins of sweets for Christmas in tesco, BUT THEY ARE DEFO FOR CHRISTMAS ... (will see how long they last until they get opened when people are looking for "something nice to go with the tea" :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

Yes,christmas is coming, all kinds of retailers are preparing for the discount to attract customers, we must take the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Posy wrote: »
    Yaaaaay, it's coming, Christmas is coming!!!!

Yes it is!

And soon we'll see that ad for perfume on television with the girl in the red frock and L-O-V-E playing.

I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Boots are starting to display their three for two Christmas sets! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Turkey ordered last Thursday!

You're super organised!!

Got 2 big boxes of Thornton's chocs today, tesco, 6.99e a box. Away for chrimbo.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

On the ball!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good God! :D
    Where can you order turkeys from already?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭jimdeans

flutegirl wrote: »
    Got 2 big boxes of Thornton's chocs today, tesco, 6.99e a box. Away for chrimbo.

mmmmmmmm. jealous.

I'm not shopping in tesco anymore because of the jobBridge intern scandal, so I'm hoping dunnes get the finger out with their xmas stuff soon, to give me a burst of xmas joy!

M+S have some lovely xmas chocolates out now, though :D

• Advertisement

Ya Boots have their Christmas gift sets. I was in there buying makeup yesterday and had a look there to see if I could get a makeup set cheaper! :eek:

nothing in penneys yet - very disappointed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Posy wrote: »
    Good God! :D
    Where can you order turkeys from already?! :confused:

Reserved. I could've seen the flock of turkeys if I wished.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well, you DID say ordered, not reserved! :p
    I could've seen the flock of turkeys if I wished.

I think I'll wait if that's the case! :eek: :pac:

jimdeans wrote: »
    mmmmmmmm. jealous.

I'm not shopping in tesco anymore because of the jobBridge intern scandal, so I'm hoping dunnes get the finger out with their xmas stuff soon, to give me a burst of xmas joy!

M+S have some lovely xmas chocolates out now, though :D

What's this? Must've missed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭jimdeans

flutegirl wrote: »
    What's this? Must've missed this.

There's a whole thread on it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056391894

But basically they abused the new intern system, which is designed to give people valuable skills to get them off the dole, and they made "internships" in stacking shelves over xmas. Super value doing something similar too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Is it just me or is it starting really early this year? I hear that there are tins of Roses and Quality Street in Tesco for €5 ... I mean already? I haven't even thought about Halloween yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Yankee Candle in Foyleside SC, Derry have their Christmas tree up for at least the last week and there are puds, cakes and mince pies in Tesco Letterkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Above two posts moved to this thread, as the Countdown thread is for just the countdown

mikeyboy wrote: »
    Yankee Candle in Foyleside SC, Derry have their Christmas tree up for at least the last week and there are puds, cakes and mince pies in Tesco Letterkenny

Yeah I was in Yankee Candle yesterday and they have the whole works - lighted Christmas tree and wreaths in the window and around the shop.
    As much as I adore Christmas and love seeing bits and pieces in shops, I think it's a bit early to have the shop window done up. Another shop across from YC had their shopfront done up too.

I was up North yesterday and loads of shops had Christmas bits and pieces! Bought a couple of small things. And I bought a Christmas magazine with stuff to make and do.

For anyone that's interested in what's hot with Christmas looks, the same themes seem to be in as last year: red and White Scandinavian, multicoloured jewel colours and all white. There's also vintage and emphasis on making your own decorations.

• Advertisement

Just to add M & S have the most gorgeous biscuit and chocolate giftware. One biscuit tin was a musical box and I would havel loved it but ran out of money by then!

In Poundland I bought two Christmas CDs for £1 each - a Bing/Dean Martin etc one and a carols one. We even listened to the Crooners one on the way home in the car!

Advertisement