Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stuff in the shops now

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

piskins72 wrote: »
    Ikea have their stuff out according to their FB page, some nice little things from looking at their website.

Oh thanks for this, Piskin. I love IKEA. I love them, love them. Their designers are brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Argos in Nutgrove have their Christmas trees all lit up in the windows. Haven't been in town yet to see if other places are doing the same. I'm noticing a LOT more Christmas confectionery in the supermarkets this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

M&S on Grafton street have their Christmas section upstairs, lots of lovely things
    *must not buy til I get paid*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

star-pants wrote: »
    M&S on Grafton street have their Christmas section upstairs, lots of lovely things
    *must not buy til I get paid*

I can feel a trip to Dublin coming on... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Yeah i just got the IKEA xmas catalogue in the post - am looking forward to taking a drive to my local store soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Yeah i just got the IKEA xmas catalogue in the post - am looking forward to taking a drive to my local store soon :)

Yes, after I save up a bit of money I NEED to go to IKEA and get some Christmas thingys. Have my eye on a few things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

saw a collection box today :D which is funny because that's what I got for christmas last year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Got my Michael Buble CD \o/ Went looking at the Christmas decorations everywhere with my mum and then we listened to the CD all the way home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Alicat wrote: »
    Got my Michael Buble CD \o/ Went looking at the Christmas decorations everywhere with my mum and then we listened to the CD all the way home :D

Love it! :-D

To any of you Michael Buble fans, he's presenting a radio show every Saturday until Christmas Day on a UK radio station! The station is Magic 105.4, and here's the link. If you're sitting at home on Saturday you could listen to it from your computer! :)

• Advertisement

To any of you Michael Buble fans, he's presenting a radio show every Saturday until Christmas Day on a UK radio station! The station is Magic 105.4, and here's the link. If you're sitting at home on Saturday you could listen to it from your computer! :)

Brilliant thanks Alicat! It's a Christmas show I presume?!

leahyl wrote: »
    Brilliant thanks Alicat! It's a Christmas show I presume?!

It's to be a mix as far as I'm aware! I think they'll probably go easy on the Christmas songs for the first few weeks (seeing as it is October :P), but as the weeks roll on I think it will be quite Christmassy!

I wonder will he do Dec 24th??

It's to be a mix as far as I'm aware! I think they'll probably go easy on the Christmas songs for the first few weeks (seeing as it is October :P), but as the weeks roll on I think it will be quite Christmassy!

I wonder will he do Dec 24th??

Well now this Saturday is the last Saturday of October so after that he can fire ahead with the aul Christmas songs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Dunnes in maynooth were putting some stuff out today, nice apron and oven gloves there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Lovely stuff in Homebase again this year - a bit more expensive than last year but still gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i bought the panda with the red scarf and hat in homebase,,,really nice :D
    tkmaxx have some really nice stuff too and Dunnes do too
    :D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was in Dunnes today and they're playing Christmas musak in the store already! Eeeek! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Our local shopping centre were hanging the lights/decorations when I was there last week. I must take a trip there this week and see what it's like :)

Yesterday I was going around singing the same Christmas song all day ''War is over'' by john Lennon - it was just stuck in my head!
    My boyfriend, (who is definitely NOT in the Christmas spirit) was ready to kill me :D

My God - just watching TV here and see a new Justin Bieber song ''under the mistletoe'' --- the race to Christmas no.1 has begun!!

Not long back form Homestore & More and they were putting out their Christmas stuff - picked up a doty hugging Santa & Reindeer S&P set for 1.99.
    Wasn't the sturdiest but it was too cute not to buy!
    Also, LOADS of Wilton Cookie Cutters 1/2 off!

In Dunnes this eve, checking out tins of biscuits, Afternoon Tea 11.99e. The price will be down again when the wars start.

BUT, bought what looks to be a delicious pudding called Christmas Chocolate Bombe, Fox's, like a Christmas pudding but is choc on outside and choc bits and sauce in the middle. It's been put away but I'm not sure if it will make it to Christmas though :eek:

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    In Dunnes this eve, checking out tins of biscuits, Afternoon Tea 11.99e. The price will be down again when the wars start.

BUT, bought what looks to be a delicious pudding called Christmas Chocolate Bombe, Fox's, like a Christmas pudding but is choc on outside and choc bits and sauce in the middle. It's been put away but I'm not sure if it will make it to Christmas though :eek:

Oh dear....not sure the resolve would hold out in Chez Wash either ;)

Supervalu have Afternoon Tea & USA tins for around €9 this week iirc & Choc Mikado tins quite cheap too.

Was in Monaghan yesterday, fab shop called Maurice Graham Ltd on the outskirts of the town - total meltdown when I saw the Christmas section!
    Really unusual stuff - they had a lovely American Style mini Christmas Mail box
    for letters to you-know-who, cuddly reindeer, great lights - you name it.
    Really impressed.:) I feel a reutrn visit coming on....pass that Choc Bombe, Flutegirl...I need to be stopped!!!!!:D

Got my tins of biscuits in Centra, 9e for Afternoon Tea. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Just wondering if anyone has seen this type of tree topper on sale anywhere:

31v7LJdAmZL._SS500_.jpg

Thanks!
    Alex
    ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3167641&s=kitchen

wasn't sure what thread to put these in - was in London at the weekend and took some pics of Christmas lights and some shops with lights!

leahyl wrote: »
    wasn't sure what thread to put these in - was in London at the weekend and took some pics of Christmas lights and some shops with lights!

The Cartier one is fab!

Lads, afternoon teas tins 8e in dunnes, knew I caved in too soon to buy them :(

Advertisement