Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Esel wrote: »
    Is all this hassle really worth it, what with all the cheap, high quality disposable cartomisers available these days?

Or all you all just gear freaks? :D

Bit of both for me tbh :-) ...I use the bulli during the day at work. But at home, I've a dual coil in an arry tank...unless the Line is absolutely friggin amazing, it won't disloge the convenience of the arry tank...

I want one of these now...:(

derra wrote: »

Lads, whats the deal with the mesh, at the top of the linked page, it says ultra fine mesh, but down the bottom in the order section, it says superfine mesh??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Gryzor wrote: »
    Lads, whats the deal with the mesh, at the top of the linked page, it says ultra fine mesh, but down the bottom in the order section, it says superfine mesh??

Did you buy mesh from them before for the Bulli Tank?
    If so, was it the Ultra Fine Mesh ya got?

This is some text from that link...

''Previously we've been able to offer #400 mesh A4 and A3 sheets from our over-run rolls. However, we've sold so many units that we have exhausted all stock.''

So is that Ultra Fine on sale the stuff we need or is it the Out Of Stock mesh that we would want :confused:

The Superfine mesh is free with every order of the Ultrafine.
    ''Please note that we will include free 'super fine' sheets with every order of #400 mesh stainless steel in A3 and A4 form.''

Got this link before from UKVapers.
    Must have a look again and see which one to get.
    http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/ss_fabric.html

Saw them talking about the Maxi before, must have a look at that video later.

Did you buy mesh from them before for the Bulli Tank?
    If so, was it the Ultra Fine Mesh ya got?

Got some alright...the txt on the order email says...
    WSS400SF-A4 Super Fine #400 Stainless - 1 £7.99 £7.99
    Steel Mesh - 25 Micron - A4 -

Must check the pack when i get home and see...

Edit, sent them an email...we'll see what comes back....

Heres the reply
    Super fine #400 mesh is the finest mesh that we offer. It is £7.99 for an A4
    sheet and £13.99 for A3.

All the listings on that page are super fine #400 mesh. To be honest I
    hadn't noticed that it says 'Ultra Fine' at the top of the page. I'll change
    it now.

Looks like superfine must be the stuff to go for then??

• Advertisement

The mesh company make it very confusing don't they when reading that page.
    Will have a dig through the Genesis threads on UKVapers, most just link to that mesh company page and the wires.co.uk page.
    Must read through the threads on Genesis about the Super and Ultra fine etc and see which is best.

Just seen your edit Gryzor..

Looks like it is the stuff to get alrright, i won't order till i'm sure though.

Looks like superfine must be the stuff to go for then??

I asked on UKVapers there, hopefully someone will clarify for us.

I knew i seen this before on the thread from the fella selling them.

''Here is a short tutorial for setting up the Line.

You need kanthal 0.20mm , SS mesh #400 (do not use super fine) , butane torch (You can do it with the lighter but you will get poor results),small scissors and glass of cold water.''

I asked on UKVapers there, hopefully someone will clarify for us.

I knew i seen this before on the thread from the fella selling them.

''Here is a short tutorial for setting up the Line.

You need kanthal 0.20mm , SS mesh #400 (do not use super fine) , butane torch (You can do it with the lighter but you will get poor results),small scissors and glass of cold water.''

Super Fine is the stuff to use.
    I'm just gonna get it off their eBay link.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-A4-Super-Fine-400-25-Micron-/150751445496?pt=UK_Crafts_Other_Crafts_EH&hash=item23197c81f8#ht_1019wt_1039

I quoted your man selling them from earlier in the Genesis thread but the Super Fine was referred to later in the thread it seems and another fella just replied saying it is the correct stuff.

So i hope that's the end of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

some people using 350 mesh with genesis attys , it is all about how bigger flow of juice u want IMO

alec76 wrote: »
    some people using 350 mesh with genesis attys , it is all about how bigger flow of juice u want IMO

So the #350 would be more suitable for VG juice as well then ?
    Did ya try the RTA alec?

Got my Bulli A2 yesterday.
    He drilled the hole for me or maybe he just gave me one of the stock he was selling a few days later as i bought the two bits separate.
    No engraving this time on the case, just the same words printed on it.
    The bottom of the atty is much better, only a thin gap around the edge with a plate covering most of it.
    The decorative cutting around the base is finer too.
    Happy to have two of them for a long time to come.

• Advertisement

So the #350 would be more suitable for VG juice as well then ?
    we'll see , we need to get the line first :)
    Did ya try the RTA alec?
    sure i did :) I even wrecked it a bit :)
    Completely forgot that the top cap ( base ) made of derlin ..... and using lighter to clean up a wick -- not a great idea at all (well, i had to do it before i've connected it to the base :)
    base went on fire , melted a bit , no big whoop :)
    U can't go wrong with SS though :)

we'll see , we need to get the line first :)

I think they are being posted tomorrow, so maybe around the 17th we will get them and then the fun begins :D
    sure i did :) I even wrecked it a bit :)
    Completely forgot that the top cap ( base ) made of derlin ..... and using lighter to clean up a wick -- not a great idea at all (well, i had to do it before i've connected it to the base :)
    base went on fire , melted a bit , no big whoop :)
    U can't go wrong with SS though :)

Send him a PM and see if he will replace that part.
    From what i have read he seems very obliging in that situation.
    Yes, SS is best, list is open for SS Line now with no window.
    I will not be buying another atty for a while depending on how the Line performs.

I will not be buying another atty for a while depending on how the Line performs.

Ah yeah, heard that one before :-)

Made a wick tonite to see what the craic is, easier than I thought it would be....followed Scott's method in the did I linked earlier...

Ah yeah, heard that one before :-)

Made a wick tonite to see what the craic is, easier than I thought it would be....followed Scott's method in the did I linked earlier...

:D
    We'll see, but for the time being i will have more than enough to do me.
    I'm happy in the fact that i will have a few atties to rely on and something to show for the spending.

Glad to hear it went well making the wick, supposed to last a while when done properly replacing just the wire after some dry burns.

I think they are being posted tomorrow, so maybe around the 17th we will get them and then the fun begins
    i think , they have to post it in alphabetical order ( for instance if nickname starting with Z --he is getting it last and so on ...), only fair :D

i think , they have to post it in alphabetical order ( for instance if nickname starting with Z --he is getting it last and so on ...), only fair :D

Now that would be convenient for ya Alec :D

Did any of yas ever have a problem with the Bulli on a eGo battery?
    Have 4 here, 1 x 900 mAh, 2 x 650 mAh and a 1000 mAh battery which i have charged maybe only 4 times so is more or less brand new.

The two Bullis work perfectly in the other 3 batteries except this 1000 mAh one.
    I get a brief flash of the button then no flash at all when using using .20 Kanthal and 5 turns. (Fine in the other 3)
    Or it can fire up at times but when i prime it with a bit of juice it fails.

Tested it with 0.15 kanthal and 4 turns it works
    :confused:

Have used DCC's etc and they work fine on the battery.

The centre post of the battery is pushed up far enough to make contact, sure it works with the 0.15 configuration anyway.

Hoping i'm just unlucky with this battery and that if i was to get another new one it won't happen to that as well.

Developing a fear of new eGo batteries here :D

Resistance of the atty ?
    0.20 x turns probably 1.3-1.5 ohm? That's probably the issue.... Are u sure 1000mah is the genuine joyetech battery ? I 've got one Ego battery ( no joyetech), it is unregulated BTW, with the very same behavior -- it is got sorta LR protection --won't start under 1.6 ohm ( fine at 1.65 and higher )

Resistance of the atty ?
    0.20 x turns probably 1.3-1.5 ohm? That's probably the issue.... Are u sure 1000mah is the genuine joyetech battery ? I 've got one Ego battery ( no joyetech), it is unregulated BTW, with the very same behavior -- it is got sorta LR protection --won't start under 1.6 ohm ( fine at 1.65 and higher )

This particular wire is Kanthal A-1 32 awg, 13.96 Ohms/Ft so about 42 Ohms per metre.

5 turns reads 2.4 Ohms - 2 from the Multimeter reading = 2.2 Ohms.
    Does that sound right to you?

If not, i need a new multimeter.
    I hope the resistance is causing the problem here.

Yes the 1000 mAh is genuine and so is the 900 mAh.
    It works on one but not the other.

I am out of Nichrome 0.20 so i will order at the weekend.

Never had trouble winding before so i don't think that is the problem or maybe it is all of a sudden.

Will get some wire first anyway and try borrow a multimeter whilst waiting to compare readings.

This particular wire is Kanthal A-1 32 awg, 13.96 Ohms/Ft so about 42 Ohms per metre.

5 turns reads 2.4 Ohms - 2 from the Multimeter reading = 2.2 Ohms.
    Does that sound right to you?
    i've thought it is nichrome 0.20, my bad .

• Advertisement

i've thought it is nichrome 0.20, my bad .

Big difference between the two alright.

Just ordered some Nichrome.

Also done a winding with 0.15 again and works fine, what would 5 turns of 0.16 Kanthal D (66.9) measure as ? Around 2.4 Ohms ?

alec, yours is shipped, you jammy git ;)

Linkage

alec, yours is shipped, you jammy git ;)

Linkage

Mine is on it's way too :D

6034073192278.gif192279.gif
    192280.gif192281.gif

Your tracking number working yet Alec :D
    Chap only sent it and i'm trying to track it already lol

The fella i got mesh off a while ago assures me it's the super fine #400 so i have enough of that to do me a while.
    Never ordered a torch though off dealextreme for whatever reasons, so may dig a cheap and cheerful one up from eBay UK for quick delivery.

A source for more mesh.

14cm x 25cm 0.03mm 400 MESH Stainless Steel Woven Wire Fabric Mesh
    http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/ss_fabric.html

Also loads of Nichchrome in bulk although it's cheap well from the link Alec gave ages ago.
    0.15 and 0.16 options there also.
    Best to to do a ctrl+f, search 'popular' and Highlight All to get the common wires used.
    http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/nc_bare.html

Also loads of Nichchrome in bulk although it's cheap well from the link Alec gave ages ago.
    0.15 and 0.16 options there also.
    Best to to do a ctrl+f, search 'popular' and Highlight All to get the common wires used.
    http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/nc_bare.html
    it is very cheap ,50 gm ( 191 metres) 0.20 nichrome for £7.65 ex vat :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Your tracking number working yet Alec :D
    Chap only sent it and i'm trying to track it already lol

it is working alright ;)
    http://ips.posta.hr/

Wait till it arrives to Ireland , u could track it from AnPost then
    http://track.anpost.ie/track/trackone.html
    Hopefully Customs won't catch me this time!:D

Hopefully Customs won't catch me this time!:D

Ah feck it, never crossed my mind that we could be!

• Advertisement

Got the clone of Bulli a2 today ( took 2 weeks to arrive )
    KILA2
    Stainless steel , seems like good quality clone to me :D
    price 1690 russian rub inc delivery to Ireland
    http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f20/t12472.html

192620.jpg
    192621.jpg
    192622.jpg

Advertisement